General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #346  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

TUESDAY

coffee
kale smoothie

Breakfast
1 corn tortilla
2 oz low fat turkey deli meat
2 tablespoons of greek yogurt spinach dip inside wrap
celery

Snack
3 oz tilapia

Lunch
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup of 0% Fage.

Snack
left over tofu scramble

Dinner (before 5.. more like 415-430 ish)
Nice big early dinner again
home made tuna "sub" --gluten free bread of course
75% white cheddar
hummus, greek yogurt spinach dip used instead of mayo

Totals look something like

1,545 calories - 141 carbs /51 fat /143 protein
that with 40/40/30 macro

The only othe thing I plan to have later if I get hungry is another kale smoothie to make sure my digestive tract is revved up tonight! That will be around 7pm (with my sleeping pill...lol) That will take me up to 1600 even.

Still feeling pretty good. Haven't weighed but my size 7's are still fitting nicely so I guess I'm ok.

Will keep moving on and make a final decision soon on when the gym will see me again For now.. Stil focusing on eating 1600 calories per day! I think things are working because my body is burning the food a little faster.. Asking for more.. LOL.. The great thing about it is - I HAVE enough calories to give it!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #347  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I am still hanging in here. The rest days are getting a little better mentally for me. Of course I have to keep reminding myself of why I am doing this.. but I really am becoming at peace with this rest period. I was going to go back to training starting tomorrow, but I am going to do the minimum of 7 days. I will evaluate then.. That is the minimum I should do. If my period comes on, it may help me get a few extra days in of rest but we'll see. Concentrating on things like foam rolling, stretches, even mild walks are fine.. Not too much more right now. To combat blowing up like a blowfish, I still monitor my calories and stay within the normal range where I should be losing 1 pound of a week WITHOUT exercise. Now I may of course not lose during this time because I am in metabolism repair mode, but thats fine. How great will it be that I can eat more and still lose weight, especially when i start exercising again! I know my BMR. I know my TDEE. I know where now how many calories I should be eating with and without exercise so I feel much better. Knowlege really is power.

I am going to jot down a few notes to myself below. I just have to keep some key points in mind while I get through this recovery period.

=======================

Recovery from overtraining/undereating..

1. Rest... 1 -2 weeks. Since I have trouble sleeping, try to regain normal sleeping patterns while in the recovery period. Sleep is important before repair. Try to increase this BEFORE returning to training. Restoring the balance is important. Being able to reach a deep sleep is also important.

2. Be faithful that you are doing the right thing. Remind yourself of this. The hardest part is the psychological part of eating more and NOT exercising.

3. Gaining a few pounds of water weight is to be expected while your body adjusts. Also remember that when TOM arrives. Stay the course.

4. You must have faith. Faith is the only way out of this ****.

Once I resume working out:

1. Ensure calorie intake matches expenditure. No more calories taken in below BMR. Period. Remember everything you have read/researched. Remember the poor lady with the thyroid problem. Remember what she said about undereating for so long. Remember that she wished that she changed her diet a long time ago. But didn't. You have the opportunity to do it... so do it! You already eat healthy, you already have the dedication. All you have to do is doing things int the proper manner. Just stay the course! This will work!

2. Keep a training log to track the workouts.

3. Do not start your training where you left off. Have a good intensity. But not balls to walls type training

4. Forget the train hard and eat less mentality. It only works for a certain amount of time. But what effect is it having on your body.

Train Smart. Respect the body that God has given. If you damage it, ALL OF THIS HARD WORK will all prove to be pointless.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #348  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Thursday

1st day of getting 9 hours of sleep last night!!! This is awesome! I am recovering!!! I usuaully go to sleep and then wake up after only 3 or 4 hours and then sad because I really dont want to go back to sleep. So this is good. The good sleep means PROGRESS.

Felt a few cramps this morning but then they subsided. I guess we'll see if TOM comes today. I am thinking maybe tomorrow.

Meal 1
Amy's tofu Scramble
gluten free pancake
calories: 476

Meal 2
1 corn tortilla
1 oz turkey
light mayo

Meal 3
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup cottage cheese
8 oz calorie countdown milk

Meal 4

Its 7:30 pm and I am still full from earlier. I have only had 1040 caloreis today so I may come up a tad short today of my calories. I at least have to get up to the 1450. Well.. Whatever it is, its going to have to not take up too much stomach space! LOL. I guess I ate too much at one time.. It has kept me full all day!

Will be back later.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #349  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Train Smart. Respect the body that God has given. If you damage it, ALL OF THIS HARD WORK will all prove to be pointless.
I LOVE your reminders...THIS^^one especially! You'll get there girly!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #350  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
I LOVE your reminders...THIS^^one especially! You'll get there girly!
Thanks!!! I hope so! I am feeling a lot better though (as far as my little aches and pains go) so I'm happy about that!!

Can't wait to get back in the swing of things!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #351  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Friday - Day 6 Of Rest

Terrible cramps upon waking this morning so TOM today for sure. I wish it would just come already so I can move on with life! LOL

I got another goood night of sleep so this is a good thing! I am proud I made it the whole week without exercising. The aches have subsided! Yaaay.. feeling good.

Meal 1 - 300 calories
gluten free pancakes made with a whole egg
low carb milk

Meal 2 - 235 calories
Nature Valley Crunchy granola - Peanut butter
lc dannon yogurt

Meal 3 - 468 calories
salad
Amy's tofu Scramble

Meal 4
TOM meal - Clif bar/carb smart icecream ..OMG.

Trying to do better with minimeals today because yesterday I was too full after my meal at 2pm so that made me unable to eat for the rest of the day. I still end up coming below cals but I will be sure to do better today with the smaller meals. I love eating big meals, but it doesnt work when they dont digest well... So today.. back to smaller meals for now.

I think I'm feeling up to exercising soon.. maybe tomorrow? We'll see

Still crampy, feeling fat, so just waiting for the red light! Never thought I would be so pressed to get this thing here.. But I just want to get it over with!

I feel so crazy with these new calorie counts. LOL. I feel so full but I am determined to get things right. I am definitely ready to get this body moving again. I think that will help me feel calmer with my meals. I think that's why they aren't processing fast enough. I gotta MOVE! LOL.

So after 7 days, I am really happy to do a little workout tomorrow. Yaay!!

I've been having a weird time planning my meals... I am so used to following a plan, that sometims I just sit there like ---uh.. what am I going to eat now? LOL! I guess that's why I liked the Amy's meals so well. I love not thinking about what I am going to eat. that's why I have a FREEZER full those meals! hahaha

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-18-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #352  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

So excited to start back tomorrow with my regularly scheduled program. Yaay! My mind is a lot more calmer when I workout. I enjoyed the rest, but I just feel more in control of my meals when I workout. You wouldn't think it, but I actually am alot less HUNGRY when i workout... Go figure.

Gym in the morning
Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #353  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
You wouldn't think it, but I actually am alot less HUNGRY when i workout... Go figure.
Actually...I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel the same way...exercise totally curbs hunger! Welcome back to the exercise world...your gonna have an INCREDIBLE workout tomorrow. I always get the BEST workouts after a rest...

Oh yeah...I see you had some Breyers Carb Smart Icecream...the chocolate is my absolute FAVORITE!!!! It's so rich and creamy...I have a hard time controlling myself with that...but warmer weather's coming and I need to learn icecream control at some point!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 03-18-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #354  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Actually...I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel the same way...exercise totally curbs hunger! Welcome back to the exercise world...your gonna have an INCREDIBLE workout tomorrow. I always get the BEST workouts after a rest...

Oh yeah...I see you had some Breyers Carb Smart Icecream...the chocolate is my absolute FAVORITE!!!! It's so rich and creamy...I have a hard time controlling myself with that...but warmer weather's coming and I need to learn icecream control at some point!
Oh yes. I don't normally go for chcolate, but OMG! It was sooo good! Strange how the taste buds can change up like that... And I crumbled a brownie kids clif bar in it and had a field day! Lol!

Yep! Can't wait for the ole' workout tomorrow! My eating is just too strange when I don't workout. My appetite does not feel controlled at all- and I absolutely hate that! So I will be delighted to woorkout and feel the suppressed, controlled appetite. I wonder if its just nervous energy that makes me hungrier when I don't workout. Can't be real hunger.. Sure doesn't feel like it. And then I swear it feels like everything I eat is being stored on my thighs! Uhmmm.. No thanks! Lol!

So anyway, I think the game plan will be a nice 30 minute jog and then - legs, bis and tris... Gotta hit these triceps because I can't stand batwings on me... And TOM is makinng me feel so supr fluffy that I gotta hit em hard tomorrow!

Feeling a little carb-heavy so I think I'll control my carbies a little this weekend! Maybe that will help with the bloat from Tom as well! Just need to make sure I am getting those calories in!

The problem is finding meats that I WANT to eat!!!! However, the more I see your Jimmy Dean sausage every morning, the more I want one!!!! I used to tear up the original sausage patties when I was low carbing! Omg!!! I used to love those things... The turkey are good too but the original always reminded me of mcdonalds sausage patties!

Well, guess we know what I will be having for brunch!! Lol!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #355  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Saturday - 1st day back exercising

20 minutes - cybex
30 minutes treadmill

Worked bis, tris

Meal 1
Atkins bar

Meal 2
2 eggs and 3 sausage

Meal 3
Salad with ranch
Bunless kid burger
Chili

TOM finally started. Goood! Let's get this done and over with.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #356  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 1st week back ON after rest week and eating more calories.

Sunday…

Whew! Lawd, it was a bad day. Well actually it started off great until I decided to go ahead and weigh in and see any damage that the week off plus TOM had done. I could feel my body bloated and my clothes were tight… But I don’t know.. I just went ahead and took the plunge.. OMG. I saw 151.2 and almost lost my mind. I was ok for like 15 minutes. I reminded myself why I took the week off, why I had increased my calories, etc etc.. But 15 minutes later.. I broke down like someone had died. Whew. I was on my way to church but I had to get back in the bed because I couldn’t hold myself together. Now that’s just a shame..

So breakfast I had 2 turkey sausages and some Revolution Rolls (Atkins-style) ..basically “egg bread” ….. Then I proceeded to eat 2 pure protein bars.. uh.. just because they were so good and I think my emotions were just way crazy by then…

Then I laid back down, cried for a while.

Anyway.. I got up around 2pm I dusted myself off and told myself that I figured the damage would be at least 8 pounds so why am I so upset. I think I just got so incredibly emotional because I knew all the hard work I had done to get down to the low 140’s and I was just …….SAD.

I didn’t want to come on to report until today because I didn’t want to be an emotional crazy woman on here and deter anyone who was trying to up their calories as well. Like I said, I knew that I would gain a few pounds, so I didn’t want to come on here with a whiny post. And most of all I want to give this an honest shot.

Stay the course, Dedikayted.. I just prayed about it and let it go. But believe ME… all the thoughts of crash dieting came back into my mind.

So anyway.. got up and went to the gym and did an hour of inclines –in the fat burning zone.. By the time I left and got home I was good and hungry so I proceeded to eat a 1.5 cans of tuna “salad” on my protein rolls (no carbs) .. WITH CHEESE.. Basically I had the equivalent to a 6-8 inch tuna sub but with no real bread. It was delicious. OH… and 1 lc yogurt.

I figured I wasn’t going to be too hungry for the rest of the evening because I ate around 6pm.

My sweetie came over.. we watched movies and then around 12 (yes midnight) – I ate a Atkins protein bar. I thought to myself that I should be eating celery but I remembered that I burned like 500 calories in the gym so it was ok because I was still trying to keep my calories up (and especially never below my BMR!)

MONDAY
Got about 6 hours of sleep.. Went ahead, got up and went to the gym.
Got in:

30 minutes of fat burning zone – cardio. (treadmill – incline 10%)

Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps

DB Shoulder Press 4 sets
DB Upright rows 3 sets
DB Lateral Raise 3 sets
One Arm Cable Curl 3 sets
DB Incline Curl – 2 sets
Tricep Kickbacks – 3 sets
DB Tricep Extension – 2 sets
Tricep pull down - 2 sets

Anyway… I went ahead and jumped on the scale this morning…. Uh…..

Drum roll… 143.8!! OH, thank you JESUS! Down 8 pounds from yesterday.. Wow. I am sooo soooo sooo sooo glad I stayed the course and did not go into starvation/restriction eating yesterday. I can’t tell you happy I am! A week off, and EATING MORE did not hurt me!!!! I am still alive, still fighting, and hopefully have started to correct any damage I may have done to my metabolism at eating too few calories!!! So yaaay! I will continue to stay the course. I do believe this is going to work and bust me through my plateau point… Which was between 141-143…

That’s all for now. Will be back later to update my meals.

================================================== =================

Meals -
(later eating day for me... the way I like best

12:30 - kale smoothie - 100

2:30 3:30 4:30 - my mock tuna sub... basically tuna with my protein bread -~700 cals

5:45 - Pure Protein Bar - 200 cals

6:30 - salad with Litle 3 cheese ranch dressing - 400 cals

approx 1400 so far...
7:45 - little more salad and small bit of kale smoothie..

That'll be all for today.

Cant work out in the morning Boo! I need to be at work by 6. So unless I want to go at 4am (which you never know.. I may actually do)

But tomorrow is a cardio day and then Wednesday is weights....

Well that should be all for today's post...

I just want to thank God one more time for carrying me through this. Yesterday was so hard.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-21-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #357  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Your story just inspired me...
Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #358  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Move it and Lose it Tuesday

Early at work.. earlier meals.. You know how it goes..

Meal 1 (630 am...yes I hate eating early.. but whatever )
3 turkey sausage patties - 180 calories
cheese - 90 calories
coffee - 30 calories
========================
300 cals

Meal 2
celery w/Cilantro dressing 2 tbsp

KALE SMOOTHIE

Meal 3
salad with fat free feta, 1/2 cup 3 bean salad and Bolthouse Farms yogurt 1000 island dressing
1 tbsp sunflower seeds / 1 - pumpkins seeds

Meal 4
Pure Protein bar (before workout)

Meal 5
I am going to make my own Tofu Scramble
2 oz tilapia with light alfredo, artichoke, and sundried tomatoes (my specialty). YUM!

Snacks
Pure Protein Bar
Atkins - 160 cal bar
cottage cheese and lc yogurt x 2

Had a headache when I got off work.. No workout. Felt that weird/draining feeling behind my eyes... I took my iron pill with dinner.

No worries. Tomorrow is my strength training day, but I will add my 30 minute cardio that I was going to do today to the workout in the morning.. Not a problem. Once again, see why it works to work out in the morning? Who knows how the heck I am going to feel in the afternoon!

Calories today are right at 1600 so that's cool. I have a good workout planned for the morning so this will have to fuel me through. I do not eat before working out. Some people feel sick if they work out on an empty stomach, I feel sick if I eat too close to workout time... and when working out in the morning, there is no time to nosh on anything.. I get up and get er' done!

Cya tomorrow.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-22-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #359  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Wednesday - Half way thru the first week after the Rest Week ;)

30 minutes cardio – treadmill /inclines

Squats
Leg Curl
Leg Extension
Step Ups
Butt Blaster
Abductor/Adductor
Step Ups
Jumping Jacks

Stretch

Will add 200 extra calories for the cardio.. The machine says more.. but I always take off at least a 100 or so from whatever the machine says.

So with the exercise in mind (and the experiment)… today’s calories should be around 1800.

Let’s get it going. Feeling pretty good.
================================================== ===

Meals

*Kale smoothie

-¼ cup cottage cheese
-1 lc yogurt
-Celery w/ 2tb hummus/ 2 tbsp left over tuna.
1/2 slice swiss

-salad w/3 bean salad, fresh salsa & cilantro dressing
-8 oz tilapia with parm and sundried tomato.

*Gotta get my peppermint tea in. I think it helps with my digestive process.

-Tofu scramble

- Pure Protein Bar

-Peanut butter & Jelly on Egg bread
-Calorie Countdown milk

Cals ~1800

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 03-23-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey! I found your journal. I'm not stalking u, just curious about what you're doing now. Some of your food sounds so good! Like kale smoothie, greek yogurt spinach dip. I have some kale, and I'm not sure how I'm gonna eat it, probably with salt, lemon juice and olive oil massaged into it. Hmmm.... And your exercises sound really good! Very motivating! Keep up the great work!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote