General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #196  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Breakfast

not really "cakey" .. maybe I will do that on the next batch! I used to make protein muffins when I was body building so I kinda wanted the oat-y chewy texture because it seemed like they stuck with me for a little longer because it takes your body longer to break those oats down ( when I used to use whole oats).... this time I ground half of my oats into oat flour. Next time I will grind them all into oatflour and check out the consistency.

OH and the next time I will have my regular small muffin pans. This time I did it with the muffin top pans.. kinda reminds me of those vita top yummy little muffins that I see in the freezer section. I am freezing them but the great thing about them being like this is - I can throw them in the toaster to defrost and warm up.

So if I have it with my yogurt and a pc of fruit or these blueberries.... I add a little more protein (from yogurt) and breakfast (or snack) will be around 200 cals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLUEBERRY MUFFINTOP.jpg (19.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #197  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Mmmmmm....it looks like a cookie! Is it like an oatmeal cookie? If so...I'm making it...I used to LOVE to make those oatmeal raisin cookies from the recipe on the box of quaker oats! Hmmmm...just gave myself an idea...I could replace the blueberries with raisins...YES! Thanks for posting the recipe on my thread btw!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #198  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Snowed in... froze all my food for next week... or shall we say for the downhill slope of under 145 Please God let that be next week!!!! I dont want to keep holding 145-146 forever!!!!

A few interesting plans that I have seen here on 3fc:

Amy's Kitchen Diet plan -
...and I forgot the other one...

But anyway... right now... I'm banned from the grocery store (well only to buy cauliflower) or if I am spending under 10 bucks at a time (lol. I have to discpline myself and stop going grocery shopping) .... So I have to stay on course with what I am doing.. fatsmash / calorie counting mixed Besides not wanting to have the bloated feeling (which is feeling alot better, I am trying to keep it as simple as possible and hopefully kick things under 145 by Tuesday.

Believe it or not, I didnt even have coffee today! Its not that I need it but I just like having it before or between meals.. to hold me off from food sometimes.. not to mention ...its so good to me.. But whatever. The first time I did OFS, I followed it exactly which means I gave up coffee so its not like I cant do it.. Whatever. Haha

So far today

1/2 cup rolled oats -

1 peach

1 cup mango

small head of mashed cauliflower

1 cup lc/lf milk

spinach caserole w/lite sour cream (fs allows 3 tbsp lowfat dressing)

We ate early tonight. Little after 6. I dont plan on eating anything else tonight so we may see a little struggle... But we should definitely see a FLAT TUMMY tomorrow!! Gotta get back in the habit of not eating near bed time!
==========================
So lets see ... 5 more days til the 1st... Can 5 days of OFS get me past the sticking point???? Please allow it to do for me what it did for Natamars when it took her from 145 - 139!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-27-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #199  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Hey, dedikayted - you sound determined!

I'm on Day 6 and snowed in today too, and all I can think of is sugar! I'm due on Monday so not surprising. I'm hoping that's why the weight's not coming off so fast. It's odd, I don't think I suually gain much at all during TOM, but when I'm actively trying to lose, I will often see a stall.

So far today I've eaten oatmeal with banana and blueberries, chick peas, rice, black beans, and salad. There are these Kashi chocolate coconut bars I bought for my son's lunch sitting in the cabinet calling my name!! So I thought I'd log in and see if you'd posted.So thank you for saving me from them!

This is the point at which I get bored with the same foods and start thinking of something completely different like a peanut butter sandwich. And tomorrow is normally pizza and wine night, so that will be tough. Three more days, I will get through this, and then decide what to do next.

I'm hoing my Zumba teacher makes it in despite the snow - I could really use a class tonight. Don't feel like another night on the treadmill or elliptical...
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #200  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Awwwww! Hang in there! I am glad my post helped you. Believe me, I log in here often and it helps alot to talk through things. I keep telling myself..."its just food" hahahaha. It makes it worse when we are in the house all day though. I have been home all day and been on plan, not too many calories, but that what "keeping things simple" like OFS does. You really dont get any real fat, so most the of the calories comes from rice/beans.

You are doing so well. Day 6 is huge. 3 more days! And actually day 6 is almost over!!! I know, I know.... letting wine go is HUGE as well.. Probably just as huge as my coffee right about now... haha.

Do you have the old or new OFS book? Its funny because I bought my friend a book and it was DIFFERENT than mine. I think the new book actually allows approved snacks during phase 1. Mine didn't allow that. Plus there was some other additions like lowfat cheese, etc. I was telling him that I better just stick with the old version because thats what worked before. But I was very surprised to see the additions. However, coffee was not one of the additions. I only still dont think that it would affect things, but I can definitely say I save at least 60-100 calories not drinking it.

My friend says -- Well you can just make that your snack! ........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Well anyway. I hope you are doing ok and staying away from anything off plan. I really need to get out or do something becaus just sitting here paying bills is probably what made me snacky in the first place!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-27-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #201  
Hopeful Member

I have the old book - no cheese or nuts. I did actually use 1/4 cup of cheese in an egg white omelet that I ate over 2 days. Cheese is fairly easy for me to give up in general, but I LOVE nuts. Trail mix is a huge trigger food for me!

Did some searches online looking for a potential new plan, and I didn't really find anything. Since TOM is coming, I'll stick with OFS through my 2/4 weigh-in, but I'm going to try to cycle my calories more. I've been at almost exactly 1150 every day this week, so today I went up to 1400. Next week I'll try to vary a lot more.

Zumba! is canceled tonight b/c of the weather - so bummed! Heading to the gym in a few to do some elliptical.

Do you track your weight on a spreadsheet or anything? I've started tracking my calories, exercise, and weight to see if I spot any patterns. Then I highlight every Friday as my official weigh-in day.

Talk to you soon!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #202  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Funny you mention that because I bought a new 2011 planner and today I decided to start writing down my food and weight in there because
1) I really want to actually USE the planner this year for finances and overall organization
2) If I am using this for EVERYTHING including my food journaling, it will keep me actually using thing, unlike last year when I hadgreatintetnions but stopped using it after a month or 2.
3) Since the calendars are right there, its easier to track my weight patterns.

I kind of miss weighing daily but I normally try to weigh in on days when I have had adequate sleep and have worked out.. that way everything stays consistent.

But its a great idea. I am attempting to do a better count of my cals too fjust so I can understand the pattern as well as when I start my "treat" meal experiment...

Like you, I had been really searching for things to shake up the diet and more and more I think I am going to do the Amy's Kitchen diet plan once I run out of food in my house. They have a 14 day plan and reading it makes me gets me the "excited/new" feeling that I was mentioning before so I know that I will be all ready to do that when the time comes.

Plus, I see some people have had good sucess with the prepackaged time meals plans... like JOYFULLOSER... I think she was on BistroMd. So anyway, I've been checking out Amy's meals which are vegetarian (like I like) they also have gluten free meals / meal plan as well. I understand that the plan could possibly be expensive (3 or 4 dollars per meal) depending on where you buy your meals. I read someone say that bought theirs from Target which I am sure is cheaper. I would just see who sells them the cheapest and go from there. As much as I have been spending in the grocery store lately, I am sure it will be no more than what I've been shelling out.

All the reviews that I see say the food tastes pretty good as well... So GREAT! It gives a gal like me a break from thinking of more menu ideas for a while. That will be absolutely great to me!!! I am going to print the whole plan out tomorrow. On their site it even gives you the nutritional breakdown of each of the 14 days... Looks like calories range from 1100-1500... so it seems to fit my bill!

So that will be what the next "shake up" is.. It will be 14 days so that'll be a nice change. I just cant say exactly when I will do it yet. I am thinking that it will be the middle of February.... but whenever this pantry gets empty again

just google Amy's Kitchen Diet Plan if you want to read more about it... I first started reading about it off a member's post here on 3FC...

Today turned out to be a rest day for me. I did AB Ripper X from P90x but I really wanted to do the 30 minutes of exercise thats required on OFS. So tomorrow morning's workout will include today's I will up the intensity or just do a little extra.. But I am not worried because I have been working on giving myself some more rest days, especially when I'm killing 90 to 120 minutes of exercise in the gym...I would like tomorrow morning to be a nice run. Since I ran 4 miles last week.. I want to do the same this week. My legs are super sore right now from P90x yesterday but tomorrow morning, they should be ready.. and if not - I will push anway!!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-27-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #203  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

FRIDAY - wanted to exercise this morning but will this afternoon instead.

Still proud of myself for not drinking coffee. Boy oh Boy I better see that scale drop by Sunday!

EATS

1/2 cup oatmeal - 150
1 cup nectarines - ok. these are awesome for sweetening my oatmeal! - 100
8 oz yogurt - 90
==============================
approx 350 and nice and full.. So this means I should be able to do a long cardio session for lunch !

Worked out - 65 minutes cardio - 30 minutes elliptical / 35 minutes bike

Dinner
spinach caserole
small salad (just lettuce & fresh salsa)

Oddly enough, I have a taste for peppermint tea Alright.. go me! No coffee AND I am drinking tea? Who knew?

If I make to the first with no coffee and no wine, I DESERVE TO BE UNDER 145!!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-28-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #204  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I bought one of Amy's bean burritos for backup lunch. It seems her foods are primarily Indian. I LOVE Indian food...so...

I also heard it was quite delishous! I'll let you know about the burrito once I try it. If or WHEN I can no longer cook for myself (currently home all day), I would definitely do a less expensive Bistro MD and mix it up with some lean cuisine (also bought the 4 cheese lasagne - still waiting to try it though), amy's and even maybe some kashi frozen meals, etc. You can always add more fresh veggies or lean proteins to it if you need more calories...or then again, there's always healthy snacks to boost your calorie count.

One thing I wanted to ask you though...how many grams of protein are you getting daily? I ask because I just noticed that you don't really post that you eat alot of meat/poultry/etc. For an active individual it is recommended to get .8g per lb of body weight or about 100g/day for someone your size (larger woman have a slightly different equation)....so although your protein does not have to come from meat/fish/fowl, I find it EXTREMELY important to fat loss/weight loss.

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-28-2011 at 10:04 AM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #205  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
I bought one of Amy's bean burritos for backup lunch. It seems her foods are primarily Indian. I LOVE Indian food...so...

I also heard it was quite delishous! I'll let you know about the burrito once I try it.

GREAT!!! Please do.. I did a little cooking this week. I think I overcooked my spinach caserole though.. Booo.. but I still have food left in the house to eat before I can go and try this plan. But I welcome the CHANGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
One thing I wanted to ask you though...how many grams of protein are you getting daily? I ask because I just noticed that you don't really post that you eat alot of meat/poultry/etc. For an active individual it is recommended to get .8g per lb of body weight or about 100g/day for someone your size (larger woman have a slightly different equation)....so although your protein does not have to come from meat/fish/fowl, I find it EXTREMELY important to fat loss/weight loss.
OH!! Remember.. I was worried about this as well .. That's why I started buying the no salt added (as well as regular) cottage cheese. Its 15 grams of protein per 1/2 cup so I throw that in my spinach caserole mix before cooking. I also eat it with my oatmeal!! YUM!

Other protein comes from yogurt ( I will be adding some greek back in as well (15 grams per serving). The rest just comes from beans, cheese, and the milk that I drink.

If I feel really low, that when I make myself eat tuna or tilapia

Good observations!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-28-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #206  
Hopeful Member

Dedikayted, what's the recipe for the spinach casserole? Sounds like it is mainly spinach and cottage cheese? Like joyful mentioned, I have to work on the protein also since I eat very little meat, and I know cc is a great source. I get most of mine from Greek yogurt, beans, and soy milk.

I had checked out the Amy's thing as well and it looks good, although a bit expensive. I've had some of the Amy's stuff and like it - some great vegetarian options(I love Indian food also!). Right now, though, my freezer is stuffed full of WW and LC entrees from when they were on sale right after New Year's :-)

On Day 7 of OFS and down 1.6 lbs. Should know by next Friday's weigh-in whether TOM, which is just starting, is impacting this. Since I've been back at this whole calorie-counting thing, I've dropped a lb. a week. And I'm good with that. I looked up my BMR and I'm coming up with about 2000 cal/day based on all my factors, and putting myself as "moderately active". So if I'm eating 1200-1400/day that would be 1-1.5 lbs/week expected loss. A pound a week would put me at goal by mid-May. Wouldn't that be lovely! Just trying not to be scared about hitting that plateau at 130 again. I'm glad I tracked a lot of my weigh-ins and hope that I will remember what happened last year when I got frustrated and hit the plateau.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #207  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Hey Natamars... I dont have a particular recipe per say.. but I just take whatever size dish I want to bake it in... sometimes I want a huge portion so I use a longer pan and other times I may just bake it in a pie pan but all I do is take spinach (frozen or canned, preferably no salt added)... I add whatever beans I have in my cabinet (if frozen, I do boil them first to cook) but lately I have been used canned (rinsed).... then I add cottage cheese, and a pack of the powdered cheese that you take out of the box of macoroni-n-cheese and depending on the size of my caserole, I will use half or whole packet... I will add a few tablespoons of lite sourcream if I have it, otherwise I sometimes pour in a little of my fatfree milk... mix everything together....and then that's it!! I never make the exact same. It depends on how much of each ingredient I have. So when I make it, I just write down how much of each item I am using so I know the calorie count of the full caserole.

Bake it and eat!

OH! sometimes I will add brown rice as well, but I haven't been doing that lately....

I made it for my sister and threw some tuna in it since she is doing low carb and she liked it like that....

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #208  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OK.. I better see a change soon.. OMG. still 145. What in the world. Dont get me wrong, I am happy to be here, but c'mon! Move scale, move. I am so ready to try something different.. Amy's plan is looking good to me right now.. Maybe sometime next week. I just dont want to keep doing the same thing over and over again if its not what I need right now to kick start the loss. It could be a number of things. Too bad our bodies don't give us syntax errors and just tell us what it needs. Maybe I need more fat, maybe less carbs, maybe less exercise, maybe more......... well you get what I'm saying... So the bottom line is - a change will be coming soon. I have some tilapia in the fridge so I think I'll have that tonight and eat that, my cauliflower, and the rest of my spinach caserole (which happens to be no much more) before I start my new plan.. But its in the making. I will go whenever I get a chance to see where I can buy what I need at the cheapest price this weekend. Just when I say that I dont want to go to the grocery store and spend more money.... LAWWWWWWWWWWWWD! But I can tell you this -- I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND IF THIS SCALE DOESNT DROP SOON.. so as I was driving home from the gym this morning, I thought to myself.. Well its not like I am going to actually waste any of the food I have so its not that big of a deal if I go shopping for my new food plan soon. All I know is - results its what I am here for.. and I WILL GET THEM.

By any means necessary.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #209  
Hopeful Member

dedikayted, do you have a specific calorie goal? You're working incredibly hard - you deserve better! Forget if we've discussed calorie cycling at all, or a cheat/off meal? Lots of people are finding both options helpful.

I was down another .8 lb. this morning, so 2 total since I started OFS. We'll see if it sticks - as I'm weighing in every day and recording it I'm seeing that a lower weight will hit once, then I'll bounce back up before it settles down.

Very proud of myself for getting to the gym for an 8:30 spin class. Very enjoyable. This teacher loves to do "jumps" where you change positions in the "saddle". At one point we were moving through them really quickly, and my brain kept telling my quads to lift myself up, and my quads just didn't want to move. But I made it through.

Been running around all day and finally sat down to my beans, rice, and salad about an hour ago. Trying not to look at the M&M cookies on the counter I got for my son and his friend, who are outside playing in the snow.

Thinking it's going to be a low calorie day since I've only had about 700 so far and I don't like to eat much at night.

I've had a few small cheats on OFS the last two days: 1/2 a cup of coffee this morning, 2 T of chocolate syrup in my Greek yogurt(Trader Joe's Midnight Moo - yumm!!!) and 2T of almonds. I'm going to eat some flounder tomorrow since it was on sale and I found a reasonable recipe.

Hope your day's going well!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #210  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
dedikayted, do you have a specific calorie goal? You're working incredibly hard - you deserve better! Forget if we've discussed calorie cycling at all, or a cheat/off meal? Lots of people are finding both options helpful.

Hope your day's going well!
That's what I"m saying!!! Can you tell my body that? Sheesh! I'm going nutz over here!

Yes I am supposed to be embarking on the cheat meal soon, but I really wanted to try it when my weight was a little lower.. or when my body was actually yearning for something more (which is a great time for the cheat meal). I just hadn't got to that point again as of late.. but ya never know.. It could happen at any time. I think that I am so so worked up about being 145 that I'm a tad scared to try a good ole' cheat right now because I'm scared my body may have not gotten the memo and it not break my plateau. LOL! I guess I just need to roll the dice..

Well wait.. I can't say that I haven't tried that because there ABSOLUTELY has been a few times where I have had a HIGH calorie day since being in the 145-147 ball park and I'm still here. The only difference is, those times were not "planned" but nevertheless, they have occured.

Well let's just hope that those Amy's meals do it for me. I'm going to print out the list and start picking up a few days worth of food so I can start asap.

hmmmmmmmmmm. I have been thinking about pancakes today...

pizza?

Heck.. I'd just settle with a RESTAURANT veggie burger and sweet potato fries..

We'll see.

Oh.. My cals.. They range from 1200-1400.

-----------------------
P.S.. Great job on that spin class. Sounds like fun!!!!! And please please please stay away from those candies! You'll thank yourself tomorrow!

OH!!! I guess this means that you made it through pizza night! I was thinking about you last night I hoped that you would!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-29-2011 at 09:03 PM.