General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #436  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Oooh...I like your "scale challenge"! I'm joining you...just got rid of the scale for 2 weeks!

You'll do it...I know you'll make your 130's by June 1st! I think this was a great idea...now we can focus more on our exercise and diet and not those silly numbers on the scale (yes, sometimes the scale DOES lie!).
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #437  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Hey Joy!!

Oh Yaaaaay! I am glad to have you join me on the June 1st weigh in Challenge

I am going to do my BEST to get to see that 139! To simplify things for myself, I have just went back to Extreme Fat Smash-style eating (with my own tweaks) because I haven’t been in the mood to cook lately. I have been on-the-go this month so this will work well. I have a birthday coming up and I have NO idea of what we are doing but I am not interested in having birthday cake or anything of the sort . Hopefully I wont have to hurt anyone’s feelings . Everyone should know that I am not doing any food celebrating! LOL. Plus, I am going away in the beginning of June so…. THE TIME IS NOW! Gotta do it!

I am glad you are doing this with me. We have to hold each other to it and push each other along!

I really want to accelerate things, so I think I need to start cutting my food off at least 2 hours before going to bed. More would definitely be better. I remember way back when – that worked really well. I know that some people can eat at ANYTIME and lose pretty consistently.. but my body is STUBBORN! So I gotta do what I gotta do. I will either have some celery or kale smoothie if its late and I must have something. I really have to break the habit.

Yes, its time to pull out all the tricks right now. The weight MUST come off. 3 weeks should be MORE than enough time!

Hey.. I just pulled out the calendar.. Its exactly 3 weeks until the 1st…. So 21 days.. here goes nothing!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-10-2011 at 10:55 AM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #438  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Counting down to June Weigh in!

30 minutes – cybex machine
50 minutes – treadmill

9:15 – 25 grapes – on the way to work

10:30 – coffee w/sf creamer

2pm - 2% Fage w/ 25 grapes & 1/3 cup mango

4pm - another mango

5pm - tuna salad w/ lite mayo and celery. YUM

5:30 - kale smoothie

6pm - 100 calorie popcorn (the lsat of that probably for a while

7pm - veggie salad w/ lite sour cream for dressing.. with sundried tomato... yum.

That's all for today.

Needed to shock the body with a lower calorie day. Had higher calories on Mother's Day when I took my mom out.. So just getting off the water.

Tomorrow morning I should be feeling leaner

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-10-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #439  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OH.. Joy.. I just re-read your post..

I see now you are giving up the scale for 2 weeks.. Ok Cool.

I am still glad you are joining me!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #440  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 21 more days .. ;)

I told ya yesterday that I would feel leaner today and I SURE DO!

I cut off my eating at 7pm and had a little diet decaf Turkey Hill ice tea before bed and I must’ve went to the bathroom about 8 times last night. That means my body was letting go of the water weight.

So my tummy bloat was much better before I went to the gym so I was super hype!

Pumped out:
60 minutes treadmill
15 minutes bike

I’m loving the countdown to June. I am PUMPED. I will continue the dinner at 7 thing because I think that works pretty well.. giving my digestive system a great break at night. Plus it increases my fasting time as well.

Anyway…

Meals:

10:30 - 25 grapes and my decaf coffee

1:15 - 6oz fat free Fage w/ mango and 25 grapes.

3:00 - 2% Fage with mango & peach fruit-cup (love these! 25 cals)

6:00 - nice salad with tuna salad on top and lite sourcream as dressing!

8:30 - 2 egg whites

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-12-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #441  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 20 days to weighin! :)

OK. I am loving my new Turkey Hill decaf diet tea.. YUMMO! It makes me pee like crazy, but I am ok with that! Get that water off!

My thighs are definitely going down this week. Feeling great actually! Tried on a size 6 slack this morning that is cut small and I couldn't get into and its on and zipped. Not loose enough to wear to work but yeaa.. progress! Its funny how the whole vanity sizing goes. I have a pair of size 4's at home.. I forget the brand.. but anyway, they are wide legged slacks and they fit.. but I KNOW I am not a size 4.. Most definitely not these thighs. I can tell which of my pants are true to size. Like those size 6's this morning. I have this "thing" where I will buy clothes that I can't fit so that I can work my way into them. Its crazy but I do it "all" the time.. So I have a bunch of 4's that I could never fit as well as my evil True Religon jeans that I have had for 2 years now that I have never worn (which I PLAN to wear as SOON as I get in the 130's)! But anyway, its nice to see that you have got into a pair of jeans that used to only come up as far as your knees... LOL!

So I am in a really good place right now. Why is it that everytime you get into a "good" place, something big comes up...like vacation or party? Why? I still have no idea what my sweetie is planning for my birthday but I just want to STAY ON THIS PATH.. Period! It takes a lot to get this ball rolling and I dont want to mess it up and have to start anew next week. Please no!

The GREAT thing is -- I plan to try on some of those clothes in my closet this weekend just to see where I am and then monitor my progress for the next 2 weeks..til I get my scale back. So that should be interesting.

I am in the zone

Anyway...

60 minutes - treadmill (walking inclines)
15 minutes - bike

Meals
9:00 - 25 grapes

1ish - 2% fage w/mangoes, peaches, and grapes

3- another mango and yogurt. I'm addicted.

5 - REAL bag of popcorn..

7 - not hungry due to the regular bag of popcorn probably... but ate eggsalad wrap - 1 brown rice wrap and eggwhites w/mayo & mustard

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-13-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #442  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I've been eating intuitively this week.. more so just eating when I am hungry and not worried about calories just to let my mind be free for a moment. Its weird that when I dont sit there and worry about it, my appetite seems to be really low which is fine by me.. I did have HIGHER calorie days over the past weekend, so maybe its just my body's way of returning back to what IT thinks is normal for me.. but anyway.. I am just going with it..

When I get hungry, I simply just eat.. I have plenty of things in my lunch bag (which is huge btw) my yummy yogurts, huge salads.. tuna salad, fruit, veggies, and oatmeal.. I haven't really had a taste for the oatmeal this week.. but my FAGE (YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY)!! I remember experiencing this same thing before..

I dont know if its a "summer" thing or what.. I think it is though. I have been craving more fruits and yogurt and enjoying it.. Maybe its just a good cleansing period.. I dunno. But I just thought I'd make a note of it....

At least with the FAGE I am getting good protein in along with all the fruit. My salads have been delicious as well. I made the tuna salad to throw on the top for more sustenance with my meals so that I sneak in some more good protein and fat, and am usually stuffed (not uncomfortably though) after I eat it.

..just making a note of things so that when I look back I know how I was feeling at this time.

But all-in-all I feel pretty good!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #443  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

To be honest...you look like a size 4 to me from your avi! Way to go on the 6!!!

Sounds like you got your "mojo" back!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #444  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

8am - 2 fruit cups of the no sugar added peaches.. My favorite new snack

10:30 - coffee and eggsalad made with eggwhites/mayo/mustard

3pm - REGULAR bag of microwave popcorn (not doing the 100 calorie anymore) Whatever!

Sweetie is planning on taking me out tonight. I plan to stick as closely to plan as possible. Birthday EVE celebrating going on !

My birthday gift to myself is how well I did this week with no eating late at night and getting my exercise in everyday.. I am finally in the "zone" and have felt much leaner this week.. So I'm not giving up this birthday gift. I love love love this feeling and do NOT want to mess it up with cake or dessert or anything that's not on my plan right now. Its just not worth it to me.

So who knows where we are going tonight, but I have calories to eat something healthy and still enjoy myself without the usual birthday treats!

Tomorrow on my birthday, I plan to do the same... I will keep reminding myself this. It may be a tough weekend but on Monday, I just dont want to be writing a "I'm bloated" post.. Please no!

So let's keep this thing going!

Gotta run.. I am already late. I have no dress for tonight!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #445  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
To be honest...you look like a size 4 to me from your avi! Way to go on the 6!!!

Sounds like you got your "mojo" back!
Thank you sooo much! Maybe I really will be a 4 soon!!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #446  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Birthday weekend food recap

Friday night - salad with grilled shrimp - I was so proud of myself the next morning because before I went to bed Friday night, I totally could have eaten SOMETHING.. but I talked myself out of it

Saturday Morning (Birthday) - Got up at 645 and went to the gym. Got in 50 minutes on the treadmill. Sweetie had a massaged scheduled for me at 11am so I had no time to play around.

Eats for Saturday:
egg whites w/lite mayo
3 cups of no sugar added peaches
2 lc yogurts
mango

Birthday dinner: salad w/ (my own) balsamic vinagrette (yea 5 calories)
stuffed shrimp (4)
green beans

3 spoons of sweetie's pecan cheese cake

my own microwave popcorn with peanuts (my version of a birthday treat)

Sunday
30 minutes cardio

4 oz skillet shrimp w Ashanti sauce - yummy
2 brown rice wraps
1 rice toast
50 calorie peach cup
mango
2% fage
Old 05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #447  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Ready or week 2 of being in the ZONE!
Keeping dinner no later than 7... Work outs in the a.m.

The changes made last week were so good I cannot wait to see the progress from this week!
Old 05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Happy Belated! You're doing so well considering! Next weekend is my bday, YAY!

BTW, where did you get that shirt? It's so cute!

Last edited by Beila; 05-15-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #449  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beila View Post
Happy Belated! You're doing so well considering! Next weekend is my bday, YAY!

BTW, where did you get that shirt? It's so cute!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! The shirt is not from this year but its from a store called Honeycomb Hideout.

Hope you have a great birthday as well!

Thanks for stopping by.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #450  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Monday - 16 days left til weighin :)

Exercise:
70 minutes treadmill
15 minutes bike

Meals

coffee

10:30 - 2 oz shrimp & 25 grapes

--Long Meeting--
1pm: 25 grapes

3pm: 2 green mangoes w/ 2% fage

5pm: Microwave popcorn. (regular bag)

7pm: egg salad made with mostly whites (with shrimp) and lite mayo / 4 brown rice toast

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-16-2011 at 08:25 PM.