General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #211  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

SATURDAY

90 minutes cardio

Spinach caserole - 200
Mango - 100
4 oz lc yogurt - 45

spinach caserole (again) - 300

yogurt - 45
Go Raw Bar - 120
apple - 60

tilapia - 50 ... I just couldnt eat anymore.
zucchini & tomato paste & sprinkled fat free parmesan - 150
========================
So... looks like around 1100 for today
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #212  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

You know what? I think its weird that I am leaning toward the "vegetarian" lifestyle. I don't care to have the label "vegetarian" but whatever.. I'm saying that I can't believe my body these days. I can't believe that I really just dont want to eat meat. I was sitting here thinking about it as I cooked 3 pieces of tilapia that I didn't know if I could stomach.

..and I didn't.. I took a bite and just dont want it. Whatever. I will take the rest over to my mom tomorrow. I'm going to stop wasting money buying ANY type of meat. If I have it.. fine.. But once again, I just need to accept the fact that I just dont want it. Until then, I won't be completely vegetarian per say but it looks like that's the way things are going. I am fine with it, I just would have never thought that I would be.

I started thinking about my childhood and how I ate growing up.. And now that I think about it.. You know what? Its NOT so weird at all! When I was a kid I didnt like things like fried chicken, fish, steak...NEVER any meat on the bone.... well actually I just didn't like any REAL meat. The only meat I actually liked was processed stuff. I wouldn't eat real chicken, but I would eat chicken nuggets... Hated steak. Period. However, I could eat McDonald's hamburgers... lol... I just thought I was a "lazy" eater. Didn't want to chew meat.. but anyway. When my mom would make beef stroganoff.. I woulld only eat the noodles an sauce.. The peppered steak dish that she would make.. with white rice.... I would only eat white rice and then add milk and sugar to it.. No meat... So duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is the REAL me!

Ok. Just had to get that out. If I become vegetarian, then... I'm just vegetarian... and that's that.

ok. I'm done.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-29-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #213  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Down 2.8 total since I started OFS. Was hoping for 3 total, so I should be close unless there's a sudden jump on the scale, which does happen. Suprised I've been down the last few since TOM is officially here and my cramps are terrible right now.

I only had 955 calories yesterday and did an hour of Spin. I did get thru pizza night on Friday, but I did indulge in the chocolate syrup that night. I figured 45 calories was better than several hundred!

Looking back to my food and weight journal, I seemed to do better when I would have some very low calorie days in my week, like 800-900. This is not something I can do often, and it would usually happen because, like yesterday, I was on the run and couldn't easily get to any food that was on plan. That's the good thing about follwing FS strictly - I just deal with the hunger for a few more hours. So this week I'm going to try to vary my calories more and have some low days and maybe one high one. And if on a low one I do feel hungry I'll only allow myself FS foods. If I'm really hungry fine, but if it's just a craving I'll pass.

Curious what kind of scale you're using? I think I've only seen you record whole numbers. When I was struggling to break 145 I bought a digital scale that records in .2 increments. It may sound stupid, but I wanted to get a better idea of even the tiniest progress.

Hope you have a great day!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #214  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

HELLO!!!!

80 minutes cardio with sauna suit..

Well its OFFICIAL. We have a plateau. Scale this morning - 145.6... I dont understand it.. But its ok. Its time for a change. I can't keep wasting countless days of exercise and same style eating to stay at this point... The Amy's diet will be sooner than we thought. Yea.. I technically have one more 1.x more days until Feburary first to meet my 144 goal.. but honestly dont think it should be this hard. I could see if I didn't exercise or something.. but that's not the case.. and I'm tired of this. I understand that I am only 8 ounces away from seeing 144.. AND believe me, I understand that SOONER or later, I would break the plateau...but even so.. Once my body finally gives up and gives me 144, I dont want to hold at THAT weight for another 30 days. I need a plan that is a little more consistent with the weightloss. So time to shake things up.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #215  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Hey there DediKayted! Just stopping by and read your post today.

I notice you track your calories...but it may also help you to start tracking your sodium and protein counts. I suspect this is where you will find the culprit of your stall. Just a suggestion.

**EDIT** Oh and if you do decide to take my suggestion, please post it here...this way you may be able to get some helpful suggestions on how to "tweak" your "macros" to better help you break this plateau.

Plateaus are just our bodies way of letting us know we need to change something...so no worries...you'll get this figured out! Stay DETERMINED!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #216  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Today's meals

Day 1
Meal 1 - 1pm (got up late and worked out)
Tofu Scramble
1 tangerine

Snack
1/2 oz almonds
1 miniature box of raisins

Meal 2 - 430
Brown Rice and Veggies

celery & tbsp of light honey mustard dressing

Meal 3
veggie lasagna (should have been roasted veg tamale but 3 stores did not carry it. The veggie lasagna was the closest to the calorie/fat/carb/protein counts so I ate that as my substition...
salad greens
1 tsp olive oil and red wine vinegar

Dessert
Peach

Todays totals will end up to be

1207 calories
51 grams of fat 38%
145 carbs 47%
45 grams of protein 15%

Every day is different with the current plan that I am doing so there are days where the calorie are a few hundred more.. The plan does a little zig zagging.. So anyway... It looks like the my calories will still be around the same, but now I will be getting other things that my body may have need more of... like dietary fat especially. I know how much good fats are important to your health as well. I see the protein is low for the day as well.. But like I said, the plan varies by day. So we'll see how this works out for me!! I'm ready to work it!!

One thing I will say about protein. My body may be a TAD weird. I used to get PLENTY protein because I was a low carb chick for almost 40 of the pounds that I loss. but when I plateaued at 160, and a friend told me about fat smash.. I looked at the plan and was way concerned about the levels of protein. But I bit the bullet because of my 2+ year stall and said I may as well just try it.... and THAT'S what got me out of the 150's. A LOT less protein than I used to get.. Who knew? And every time I attempted to do low carb for a week or two to spike things up, the scale would move in the wrong direction. Now I dont know if this is because of my huge thighs (from powerlifting) or what.. I started thinking that I was a little protein sensitive and if I ate too much of it, my body/muscles would stay at that bulked state. Really.. I'm just guessing.. but that's what happened to me. I know after reading Protein Power, I remember needing around 81 grams a day. When I was body building/leaning out, I needed 129 per day. Numbers, numbers, numbers. Make a woman go crazy.

At least this plan is written out.. Everything is here before me, and if it works, i will know exactly what got me there.

I'm EXCITED!!!!!! I am so happy to be trying something NEW and I am so happy to get some different meals in. I'm not a cooking machine like Joyful (with those AMAZING meals) so this is the next best thing!!!

Now.... let's get under 145!!!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #217  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Down 2.8 total since I started OFS. Was hoping for 3 total, so I should be close unless there's a sudden jump on the scale, which does happen. Suprised I've been down the last few since TOM is officially here and my cramps are terrible right now.

I only had 955 calories yesterday and did an hour of Spin. I did get thru pizza night on Friday, but I did indulge in the chocolate syrup that night. I figured 45 calories was better than several hundred!

Looking back to my food and weight journal, I seemed to do better when I would have some very low calorie days in my week, like 800-900. This is not something I can do often, and it would usually happen because, like yesterday, I was on the run and couldn't easily get to any food that was on plan. That's the good thing about follwing FS strictly - I just deal with the hunger for a few more hours. So this week I'm going to try to vary my calories more and have some low days and maybe one high one. And if on a low one I do feel hungry I'll only allow myself FS foods. If I'm really hungry fine, but if it's just a craving I'll pass.

Curious what kind of scale you're using? I think I've only seen you record whole numbers. When I was struggling to break 145 I bought a digital scale that records in .2 increments. It may sound stupid, but I wanted to get a better idea of even the tiniest progress.

Hope you have a great day!
So when does TOM leave? I bet that after he is gone.. you will get a drop!! I say 1 to 2 days after.. I always say that 2 to 3 days after TOM leaves is when your body normalizes and you'll see your true weight.

So is the plan to go to the next phase of FS.. So i guess that would just mean that you get a little bit of meat as well as some other added items...or are you sticking with the same foods but tracking cals?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #218  
Hopeful Member

TOM will be here though Thursday or so, but I don't know if I'll have more of a drop. I've been pretty lucky so far.

For this week I am going to somewhat follow FS, but I'll have a frozen entree for lunch every day. I have a freezer full of them. I already made enough baked oatmeal "muffins" for the week and egg white scramble with veggies and a little cheese. So those will be b'fast and snacks. Then for lunch I'll have a veggie frozen entree and a salad. Other than that mostly fruit. I don't really eat much of a dinner - that's been helpful to me I think. I tend not to make the greatest food choices at night.

I had a late lunch/early dinner of flounder stffed with crabmeat and a huge salad. It was noce to have something other than rice and beans!

How's the Amy's thing going? Have you tried any of the meals yet? I think you'll like them - just keep an eye on the sodium and drink some extra water to compensate.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #219  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

So far so good on the meals. They are actually pretty tasty. I was missing a few of the meals so I went to one more store today and I found them all but 2.. so I substituted tonights tamale for veggie lasagna which had almost the same macros. I SO wanted to eat the enchiladas which I figured would be comparable but since they were 60 calories more.. No way. I want to do this as close to the plan as possible and see my results.

I have been drinking water and peppermint tea all day today to flush the sodium. Oh and my lunch (brown rice and veggies) was available in REGULAR or LIGHT SODIUM so of course I bought the light... The bowl only had 260 mg of sodium so I was really surprised...

I know my body may fluctuate while it adjusts to the new plan so I know I need to give it til day 3 or 4 until its on track with the change in plan, sodium, etc.

I just hope and pray that this is the change I needed. I'm so tired of working so hard for the scale to c-r-e-e-p so slowly.. I feel good about things though. Got some good fats in today (almonds, olive oil) so.... we'll see.

If this goes well, I may take a week or so off and then do the vegan version of the plan. I never really have been long without dairy, so that would definitely be a big change as well. Alot of the meals on this plan are vegan anyway, so the major difference that I see at this point is the "non dairy" items.

We'll see. I'm just happy to be trying something different. Tomorrow will be a little better as far as meal planning because my first meal wont be so late.

I was also thinking that I may have been holding fluid because of me doing p90x legs and back.. I had DOMS like nobody's business for the last few days..

Your plan for this week sounds pretty good. I still think you will get another drop on the scale. This is OUR WEEK!!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #220  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Gym first and thing... plan to be there around 5am... then work tomorrow. 60-90 minutes... I want to get some upper body strength training in as well. I have to tell ya.. This peppermint tea has really grown on me. It helps alot with digestion and just something to keep ya going in between meals.

I feel pretty good about the plan so far. Tomorrow the meals will be better spaced apart because my first meal probably wont be at 1pm. Today I was eating my snack darn near with my meal.. So yes.. it will be better tomorrow, but I did want to make sure I got my calories in. I did get tempted to skip one of the meals, but i am glad I didnt. I want to do the plan the right way.. Its not a whole lot of calories so there is no reason to not eat anything thats on the menu.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #221  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 2 - Amy's Plan - 145.2

Day 2

2 hours cardio this morning..
1 hour on Cybex machine - whew
1 hour on treadmill - sprints, incline, and then long distance run

Got to get it in before the snow comes tonight/tomorrow and I will have to do inside workouts… Feeling good though. Tomorrow is the first and we’ll see if I made the goal (as long as I work out in the morning). I did see some great things this morning when I looked in the mirror and also the way my clothes were fitting. 1 day on the plan.. Today saw 145.0/145.2 flickering.. so I do feel that great thing are about to happen with my new plan!! Psyched about that! OH let me add that I did have 10 saltines and 1.5 low fat cheese though.. yes, in the middle of the night. But it got me through my SUPER INTENSE cardio session this morning so its ok. Though I did take all the snacks I had out of the house and brought them to work. I definitely plan to save my dessert meal for the later hours (and then if I need it, its on plan, if not, then I just won’t eat it.) Yesterday the dessert was a peach but I ate it with dinner because I didn’t think I was going to get hungry later on.. Now, see.. if I had just left it off, I could have eaten that when I got up and would have been fine. Like I said, I’m not going to stress over it because I am sure the plan doesn’t call for 2 hours of cardio either and I’m burning way more than the average person…. So.. on to the next.

Clothes are feeling super loosey goosey today and I should have worn a belt. Yes!! The inches are coming, the inches are coming… That means the scale MUST FOLLOW!

I will fill in the times that I eat each meal as the day goes on.

Meal 1 - 11:40 a.m.
¾ cup oatmeal
½ cup milk

Snack - 1:45
1 apple
1 ounce low fat cheese

Lunch
Cream of Tomato Soup - 2:30
Mixed salad greens w/1 tb light dressing

Snack -5:30PM
8 oz yogurt
½ cup blueberries

Dinner - 745
Shepherds pie
1 pc gluten free bread
1 cup cauliflower

Dessert - 915
½ cup yogurt
1 small pear

extra - 1 tsp almond butter / cucumber w/ honey mustard - 1015

Totals for today:

Cals 1269
Fat: 30 - 22%
199 carbs - 62%
53 g protein - 17%

The plan says today's meals were supposed to be around 1400 so I didn't mind having the extra snack at the end. Still didn't make it to 1400 though.
================================================== =========
Plan looks balanced and like I said.. the best part is it makes me allow myself a little more than I would normally have and not feel guilty. I will definitely be saving the dessert for the late night BEAST. Such a good idea!!! .. Because I swear, I think it may be a hypoglycemic thing or something. I think my blood sugar may drop at night so I wake up needing something. I don’t know.. So we’ll see if this works out better.
================================================== ======

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-01-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #222  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

WOW...I LOVE your new plan!!! I think you are going to be very happily surprised at your next WHOOOOOSH!!! One thing though...I think your body is holding on to water weight due to high sodium (i.e. lots of canned stuff = extremely high sodium). I'd drop all high sodium snacks like the salteen crackers...maybe get the lower sodium crackers!

Anyhoot...looks great!!! Let's DO THIS!

Hmmm...snow? I'm in VA...r we getting lots of snow?
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #223  
Hopeful Member

The food on your plan looks really good and varied! 2 hours of cardio - wow! What did you do? I KNOW you are going to break that plateau this week!!!

Up a little on the scale yesterday, so my total for 9 days of OFS was 2.4.

Interesting thing I noticed - I ate a few things off plan last night and felt a little overly full. So now I'm wondering if I have some type of dairy or gluten sensitivity. I don't think it was the sodium - the counts didn't seem high at all. It had been about 3 hours since I'd eaten, so I was hungry, but not starved. In the course of an hour I had:
7 pita chips(100 cal)
14 baby carrots(35 cal)
2 T hummus(50 cal)
5 oz Chardonnay(120 cal)
1/2 cup light ice cream(140 cal)

So total calories of 445 - prior to that I'd eaten 990 for the day. I hadn't had any bread products for the prior 8 days, so wondering about the pita chips. I had some Greek yogurt and was fine with that, but I know sometimes yogurt is better tolerated than ice cream. Unfortunately all my frozen meals are some type of pasta with some dairy in them! Will see what happens this week and may think about cutting out the wheat and dairy again.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #224  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
WOW...I LOVE your new plan!!! I think you are going to be very happily surprised at your next WHOOOOOSH!!! One thing though...I think your body is holding on to water weight due to high sodium (i.e. lots of canned stuff = extremely high sodium). I'd drop all high sodium snacks like the salteen crackers...maybe get the lower sodium crackers!

Anyhoot...looks great!!! Let's DO THIS!

Hmmm...snow? I'm in VA...r we getting lots of snow?
Virginia... yep.. you are close to me.. Wintry mix tonight, ice tomorrow morning .... That mess last week was ridiculous.. It took people soooo long to get home!

About the sodium.. Yea, I dont buy crackers, especially saltines. They were just some individual packets my boyfriend brought over with his Wendy's chili.. Actually I was going to ask you about sodium. Did you ever worry about that when you were doing Bistro MD? I'm choosing the "Light in Sodium" options when I can. If anything, this would probably be the most sodium that I have had in a while (since I normally dont do prepackaged stuff.... heck, I was even doing half "no salt added" cottage cheese at times).

I just make sure that I drink a whole lot of water. But you're right, I think that my legs hold a whole lot of water in them. That's why I'm on a mission to make those things sweat it out!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #225  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
The food on your plan looks really good and varied! 2 hours of cardio - wow! What did you do? I KNOW you are going to break that plateau this week!!!

Up a little on the scale yesterday, so my total for 9 days of OFS was 2.4.

Interesting thing I noticed - I ate a few things off plan last night and felt a little overly full. So now I'm wondering if I have some type of dairy or gluten sensitivity. I don't think it was the sodium - the counts didn't seem high at all. It had been about 3 hours since I'd eaten, so I was hungry, but not starved. In the course of an hour I had:
7 pita chips(100 cal)
14 baby carrots(35 cal)
2 T hummus(50 cal)
5 oz Chardonnay(120 cal)
1/2 cup light ice cream(140 cal)

So total calories of 445 - prior to that I'd eaten 990 for the day. I hadn't had any bread products for the prior 8 days, so wondering about the pita chips. I had some Greek yogurt and was fine with that, but I know sometimes yogurt is better tolerated than ice cream. Unfortunately all my frozen meals are some type of pasta with some dairy in them! Will see what happens this week and may think about cutting out the wheat and dairy again.
Well... when the scale is up just a few ounces, I dont really count that as real weight gain. It may just be a matter of undigested food..needing to go to the bathroom... maybe you had more water.. maybe less sleep, etc.. But a consistent trend upward... and yea -- we have a problem.. I think you were ok.. You didn't go overboard as far as cals are concerned.. you workout, so like me -- we have to keep pushing along...

Another example.. when you have a "whoosh" and you wake up and are a pound or more lighter... its NOT just from what you do the day before, its a process that has been building up. Because in that case, everytime we have a whoosh, we could just repeat whatever we did the day before and we should continuosly have whooshes, right?? -- Yea unfortunately, it doesn't happen this way. So I'd say just give it another day or so and see where you average out. I bet that scale will move back down soon!