General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #256  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Isn't that SF Raspberry Vinaigrette DELISHOUS!!! I get really creative sometimes and mix it with 1 tbsp of Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing for a total of 45 cals....still good, but it actually mixes VERY WELL!

Glad to hear you were able to enjoy yourself AND stay on plan!
Yes ma'am!!! Love it!! And for 5 calories..!!! Pulleeeeeez! Its great.. I mix mine with my light sour cream some times for a creamy version! Its great when you find good stuff like this! I hate when salad dressing eats my calories up. I want the MOST for my alloted daily calories!

..and 100+ cals for 2 tbsp ain't it!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #257  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 10 - Amy's

Got up bright and early and met my girlfriend at the gym at 5am!

Got 90 minutes of cardio in
80 minutes - treadmill
10 minutes - bike

I was happy that I didn't feel bloated or icky this morning after having the additional snack yesterday. Felt pretty good.
My girlfriend tells me how small I look at the top.. LOL. I carry my weight in my butt and thighs... so I started really shrinking at the top as of late.

Anyway.... you know I am happier today because of the A.M. workout. My meals/hunger levels will be much better today. Thank God.

Sipping on my peppermint tea right now.. Will eat whenever I get hungry.
I have switched a couple of meals around to just adjust my sodium levels a tad. For instance, I didn't feel like having the soup tonight for dinner.. I think this particular one is not low sodium.. something like 1200 calories for the can.. So instead I will STILL have an Amy's meal, but choose another one out of my freezer that I can get for the same amount of calories but half the sodium. I may end up switching out some of the canned soups that I got in the "regular" version.

So anyway.. I will be back to update meals.. Today's meals look good though

EATS

Meal 1 - 12pm
oatmeal
no salt added cottage cheese

Meal 2
gluten free bread
1 tbsp almond butter
peach

Meal 3 -
Amy's Shepherd's Pie
Mixed Green's salad

Meal 4 -
Yogurt
Strawberries

Meal 5
Brown Rice & Veggie Bowl

Meal 6
Rice bread
Almond butter
1/4 cup cottage cheese

Today's Total
Cals: 1,309
fat: 40.3
carbs: 185.5
Protein: 68.6

Its 10 so I better get to bed. Wkout in the morning again! Sleeping pill time!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-08-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #258  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I carry my weight in my butt and thighs... so I started really shrinking at the top as of late.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I was just asking myself this morning (while looking in the mirror)..."why does ALL my weight settle in my butt and upper thighs???? Will it EVERRRR come off...or is it just STUCK there for LIFE????? Ugggghhhh!!!!

joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #259  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I was just asking myself this morning (while looking in the mirror)..."why does ALL my weight settle in my butt and upper thighs???? Will it EVERRRR come off...or is it just STUCK there for LIFE????? Ugggghhhh!!!!

I swear.. I think our bodies will take ALL it can from the top before sneaking in to the reserves (hips/thighs). So this means.. I will have a SUPERFLAT stomach, tiny waist.. and a donkey bootay!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #260  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

My fat storage is the opposite of that, haha. I promise you... the tummy pooch and back roll and NO BOOTY WHATSOEVER aren't great either
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #261  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
My fat storage is the opposite of that, haha. I promise you... the tummy pooch and back roll and NO BOOTY WHATSOEVER aren't great either
I feel ya. Its just amazing how our bodies have these problem areas. Usually the first place to gain is the last place to go... I was reading somewhere that until my body reaches are certain bodyfat percentage, THEN it will take from the problem area....

So... I dont know. I never have been in the 130's in my adult life so maybe they have a PRESENT for me!! ~ Leaner Thighs!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #262  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 11 - Amys

Worked out this morning…
20 minutes incline walking
20 running
Strength training – biceps/triceps
40 minutes – incline walking
10 bike
===========
90 minutes of cardio..

HUNGRY
as I don’t know what this morning!!!!!.. OMG. I hope this beast settles down soon!

Post workout - plum

¾ cup lowfat refried beans
2 corn tortillas
Celery

Yogurt/ ½ cup strawberries & ½ ounce cashews

Apple

Oatmeal
Yogurt

Tofu Scramble

strawberries/fat free milk/pb2

====================
Cals:1,512
Fat: 53.6
Carbs 206.0
Protein: 83.4

That'll be all for tonight! I ate earlier - 6:30ish so I may be a little hungry before bed but I will have to just get over it. Maybe then I can get that "light" feeling tomorrow morning before the gym!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-09-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #263  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I am thinking about maybe taking my exercise down a notch. I am not sure yet. I am only saying this because I was so darn hungry today!!

We'll see.

Just a couple more days on the Amy's plan are left. I think the meals are pretty good. I was thinking about doing the vegan version but I havent completely decided yet. I kinda like my dairy and not really fond of getting soy yogurt!

I have been shopping between 4 stores to get the different meals that I need. When I am not able to find one that's on plan, I simply swap it out with another that is close in calories, fat, carbs, protein so that my calories are still on point with the Nutritional Breakdown.

I can't wait to see how the next couple of days go.. The end of the week is usually when I see the most change (as far as the scale is conerned) because I am able to get more sleep AND exercise if I want.

So.... let's keep it movin'!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #264  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 12 - Amys & REST DAY

Yep today was my rest day. No gym. I figured out this morning that it had been 7 days until my last.

Eats

Rice wrap
Amy's bistro burger
green salad

4 oz yogurt
blackberries
1/4 cup oatmeal

**Dinner changed around because I didn't want the other half of my Amy's refried black beans to go bad. Puleez! This stuff is too expensive to waste a thing! So anyway, instead of heating up the Roasted Vegetable Enchilada meal for tonight, I had:

1 rice wrap
3/4 cup (other half of can) of Amy's lowfat refried black beans
salad greens w/ fresh salsa & light sourcream

blackberries w/ 4 oz yogurt

I feel stuffed! Guess I ate too much

Today's totals:
Calories: 1,189
Fat: 35.4
Carbs: 160.7
Protein: 55.5
Old 02-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #265  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I have plenty more of the Amy's meals so next week I will more than likely still have them but just make my own menus. It will be interesting to see what I weigh on Sunday. That will definitely help me determine how I plan my menus this week.

One thing that I do thank this plan for is - allowing myself more calories. I knew that I needed more calories, especially with the amount of exercise that I do but I just wasnt getting them up. Another thing that I appreciate is the VARIETY and change from the same old thing! I was definitely getting into a lazy little rut and the last thing I want to do is get a vitamin deficiency from eating the same couple of food items over and over.

Well anyway, not much else to add for today. Plan to get to the gym bright and early in the morning for a good run.

Lawd! I cannot wait until maintenance.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #266  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OH!! I forgot to add... I'm debating on giving up dairy for a week and see if that makes any difference in my loss. Not quite doing the Amy's Vegan version, but just not having yogurt or lite sourcream... I dont know. I just want to do what I have to do to push myself out of the 140's asap!!! Because I am TIRED of the fight!!

But never will I give up.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #267  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
I cannot wait until maintenance.
Who you tellin? LOL! I was just thinkin the same thing today...people say it's hard...but NOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYY...I ain't buyin that! It's losing that's hard. Once we're in maintenance we will get to EAT MORE and EXERCISE LESS...haha!

Quote:
I'm debating on giving up dairy for a week and see if that makes any difference in my loss.
Just wanted to mention that you've already given up meat/fish/poultry, I wouldn't give up dairy as you are probably receiving a large part of your protein from dairy sources. Also, you'll be giving up even more nutrients. I'd also make sure I was taking a good multi, fish oil and some b12!

Ok...Momma's off her soapbox...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #268  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Who you tellin? LOL! I was just thinkin the same thing today...people say it's hard...but NOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYY...I ain't buyin that! It's losing that's hard. Once we're in maintenance we will get to EAT MORE and EXERCISE LESS...haha!
YOU ain't lyin'!!! Whatever! Losing is the pitts! I want maintenance! I've been in WEIGHTLOSS mode for year. My mind and body has been stuck in WEIGHTLOSS MODE for sooooo long... I welcome the chance to be able to CONCENTRATE AND FOCUS on something else! I am always going to be into health, fitness, and exercise... but I DO NOT want to be in this stage ANY LONGER! Period.

Quote:
Just wanted to mention that you've already given up meat/fish/poultry, I wouldn't give up dairy as you are probably receiving a large part of your protein from dairy sources. Also, you'll be giving up even more nutrients. I'd also make sure I was taking a good multi, fish oil and some b12!
I know, I know.. When I start feeling desperate, I will try almost anything! I am at the "bloated" feeling that I pretty much feel every Friday.. Then normally I will drop Saturday/Sunday. I took a sneak on the scale and I'm fluctuating right now... I dont wanna see 144 anymore when I already saw 143! LOL! But that's how my body operates. I can fluctuate 3 pounds in a day! My body is just a sponge... So I guess I will up my water intake even more to make sure everything is being flushed out.

I think I will also read my low carb vegetarian cookbook so I can get some ideas of some delicious dishes to make. I just need to keep changing up, keep my body guessing. It seems like that is the only time when I get great results... when I start something NEW! Its crazy! My body just adapts easily to my programs.... so that's why I am always searching for something new...

I still have plenty more Amy's meals that I have stocked in the freezer but I do hae to transition to more home cooking where I can monitor my sodium and CARBS more than that plan will allow. It will be a great addition though to my regimen to have variety in my diet. Also for portion size!

Girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... I just want to do what's going to get me in the 130's ASAP!! I dont want another MONTH-LONG plateau...even at 143.. With my determination and dedication to my program and my EXERCISE. I DESERVE to be 139! Like today! LOL!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #269  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

dedikayted, you're doing so great! I'm doing the same as you right now - analyzing and tweaking everything. I think if something's not working, you should make a change rather than sticking with it just because it's supposed to work. I gained .6 this week on an average of 1600 cal/day. Prior weeks I was losing about 1 lb/week on 1300. Depressing to think that I have to go that low, even with being at the gym 5 days/week. But obviously that's what I need to do. Will drop my calories back down next week and focus more on protein. I ate a cup of WW pasta for lunch every day this week - that may be a factor. Next week it will be grilled chicken salad. I'll have egg white spinach cups and veggie sausage for b'fast instaed of oatmeal w/ blueberries. And we'll see how that works.

Happy Friday!!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #270  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Today is day 1 of TOM for me. If my memory serves me correct...I think we're on the same cycle sooooo.....LOOK OUT!!! Yours may be knocking on the door (which would account for the ferocious appetite and bloat) I too have been a bit ferociously hungry this week (notice my calories were up all week 1600-1700)

No worries...by Monday...all should be good....

My sister went vegan/vegetarian for a while....she actually even went totally raw foods couple of years ago. The only drawback to that lifestyle is you can't eat low carb and vegetarian at the same time. It's one or the other. However, you CAN choose more fibrous vitamin packed healthy carbs.

I find that my body works best at dropping the fat, when it's nutritient needs are fully met. A body deficient in nutrients is not going to cooperate....so less is definitely not more. I think you're doing great with your Amy's plan...and from the macros you post, it seems like a nutritionally sound diet plan. I really believe if you continue to stick with it (combined with your VIGOROUS training schedule) you'll drop those last few stubborn pounds...your due a whooosh anyways! YOUR DUE...hang in there!