General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #451  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday - 15 more days til weighin

Rest day from the gym today, so this morning I did:

10 minute trainer – Total body
10 minute trainer – Lower body
10 minute trainer – Abs

I really started liking what I see in the mirror this morning! Woohoo! My legs are definitely leaning out and I am very pleased with that. If I continue on this path, I should definitely see GOAL-LAND soon! Keeping my eyes on the prize!

8am – 3 oz shrimp & 25 grapes ( I know, sometimes I pick the oddest combos)

11am - rest of my grapes & shrimp

1240 - 0% Greek yogurt and mango ( I love mango, but why isn't there more meat to it?)

3pm - peach cup (2)

5pm - regular bag of popcorn

7pm - egg salad w/ toast

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-18-2011 at 08:50 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #452  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

WEDNESDAY

70 minutes cardio at the gym this morning

My menu today is the exact same as yesterday! I have no idea why I am LOVING egg salad right now, but I am! I wonder what will be next. I think I will cut out the gluten free bread or at least have it earlier in the day for the rest of my time til weighin. I want to make sure that I am doing everything I can to ensure the best weighin possible.

Thinking of some other easy things to have for the next 2 weeks.

Gotta keep the fire going!

That's right. Burn that fat, baby!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #453  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Its Friday! Made it through the week!

Changing up just a tad today. Will go to the gym around lunch time.

9am- egg salad on brown rice toasts

1230 - 1/2 of a 2% fage with 20 grapes

Gym - 60 minutes cardio

5-pm - other 1/2 of yogurt and 10 grapes

7pm - 2 jump lump crab cakes, green beans, 1/2 roll (no butter)

-------
Still trying to think of some things to add to the menu but my appetite is just so strange these days, I just don't have a taste for a lot of things. I had the egg salad sandwiches for breakfast so that the bread is taken in early in the day. Really trying to minimize the carbs eaten at night!

...Wouldn't mind a little crab cake but crabcakes don't taste as good with light mayo... So I don't know if I will have that. I did buy some new veggie burgers last night so maybe I can add that to the menu.

Regardless I just want to keep things light.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-20-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 208/131/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
...Wouldn't mind a little crab cake but crabcakes don't taste as good with light mayo... So I don't know if I will have that.
Try replacing the mayo with Greek yogurt. I use it in chicken salad and potato salad and can't tell the difference at ALL. (The potato salad was better after it "sat" overnight in the fridge but the chicken salad was great immediately and the next day).
spykesfaythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #455  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Just droppin in to say...hi! Hope your doing well (I'm sure you are...sooooo disciplined as you are) Can't wait to see your progress!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #456  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykesfaythe View Post
Try replacing the mayo with Greek yogurt. I use it in chicken salad and potato salad and can't tell the difference at ALL. (The potato salad was better after it "sat" overnight in the fridge but the chicken salad was great immediately and the next day).
I will definitely try that out! Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 PM   #457  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Just droppin in to say...hi! Hope your doing well (I'm sure you are...sooooo disciplined as you are) Can't wait to see your progress!
Hey You! I've been checking in through my phone but just hadn't been posting much. I've had a rough weekend/week. Last weekend had a fall, hit the right side of my head, suffered a concussion. Went to the hospital and they gave me Vicodin... Ugh... bad move! I told them I was sensitive but they said it would be ok. Well.....it wasn't. 2 Vicodin was TOOOO MUCH (as I had warned them). Had a very bad reaction, but I'm doing much better now. The right side of my head is still bruised though.

I took 2 days off from the gym and then went right back into it. I forgot to ask the dr when I could return, so I just went back after a day's rest.

My meals have been pretty much the same this week:
Greek yogurt
mangoes
strawberries
grapes
egg white (egg salad)
gluten free toast
popcorn
fat free deli turkey breast

As you can see, I haven't been cooking still.. but I am going to try to change things up a bit starting tomorrow and actually cook a few things. I know I need to stop being lazy. I guess I've been taking full advantage of my yummy fruit.

I was kinda of down about being SUPER bloated this week, but its getting better. My skinny feeling that I had last week - I WANT BACK. After the Vicodin incident, all my tummy could take was saltines and chicken noodle soup. A bunch of friggin' sodium and plenty of GLUTEN as well, so I knew what to expect. I know.. I am thankful that my Catscan came out fine, so I dont want to sit here and whine about the bloat....but you know I hate when anything gets in my way. Heck, ITS HARD to get that "skinny" feeling.. and when I get it, I like to KEEP IT!

I was supposed to get my scale back next week. If I had known that I was going to bust my head, I would have weighed in last week when I had my skinny feeling! LOL. But anyway, while I am getting better, I wont focus too much on the scale... but if that special feeling returns over the weekend, I will be weighing next week! Otherwise, i will give myself a little more time to recover from the concussion and get fully in the groove before I ask for it back.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 05-26-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #458  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

dedikayted, how scary! Glad you're doing better. Last time I had excess sodium and carbs it took over a week to get rid of the water weight, so just keep drinking your water and don't worry about anything, you're doing great!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #459  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

There you go! MAN..I'm soooo sorry to hear about your accident! It DOES make you appreciate what you have..eh? I soooo know what you mean about the Vicadin...makes me so nauseaus, I wonder how people get hooked on something so vile! I think I'd rather the pain!

Glad to hear you are ok though..seriously! I'm sure you are being much harder on yourself than need be...but heck...I'm the QUEEN of harshness on one's own self. I really think you should take a picture of yourself (front/back/side), once every week. I think you'll be able to appreciate the changes in your body.

Remember...it's ok not get a lil' lazy in the kitchen, and even go a lil overboard on the sodium...but YOU MUST have your PROTEIN! Nuts, tofu, whatever, but GET IT GURL!

Oh yeah...btw, this store called "Body Central" just opened at my local mall and I found the blouse (same style anyways) that your wearing in your avi! Unfortunate for me, my 12 yr old (Ms. Fashionista), loved it too, so I bought it for her. Aaaaahhhh...the life of a mother..thankless...bottom barrel...but yes, strangely rewarding somehow!

Have a happy weekend and don't work too hard..take it easy...you deserve it!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 05-27-2011 at 03:54 PM.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #460  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Thanks Natamars and Joy for stopping by!!!!

I know I can get a little crazy with this dieting thing but I just can't help myself! I have taken it easy yesterday and today at the gym. Only doing 50 minutes of cardio! Feeling like a slacker but today I've been really sleepy even though I got 9 HOURS of sleep last night! 9 hours is great for me! I am used to getting 5!

Well Joy, you'd be proud... I broiled 2 jumbo lump crab cakes for lunch and also made turkey meatloaf "muffins" ----- so yaaaay on the protein! Gurrrrrrrl, let me tell you... I most definitely have to stay away from ALL nuts for a while! My portion control mechanism goes dead when I eat those! Cashews? Puleeeez!!! I just can't stop once I start! The same goes for trail mix, loose granola... I love it all but don't want to stop at 1/4 cup granola or 20-30 nuts! So I just have to say no! Loll!!! I know, its shameful but I'm just being honest!

But I do eat a lot of plain, unsweetened greek yogurt which has 15-20 grams of protein per 6oz cup! . I'm trying to think of more ideas. I think from being on low carb for so many years that when I do eat meat, I automatically think lowcarb and just have meat and veggie. I hardly ever think to add the starch!!! And then as soon as I eat that way, I end up with indigestion and then swear off meat again! Crazy! So since I made the turkey meatloaf, I will be sure to make some brown rice or potato.....SOMETHING to balance out the meal! I think that way I won't get disgusted with the meat! ... Well it makes sense to me anyway! LOL

I have to stop being an "all or nothing" chick and learn to be more balanced! I think years of being strict has me like this, but I am slowly trying to break out of it and learn to just be a little more free!

As far as the bloat, it has gone down a lot since the begging of the week when I was "laid up" so that's good! I WANT MY SKINNY feeling back though! ... Maybe I can get it back by tomorrow! Lol! ... Wishful thinking! Usually a day or two of cutting my dinner off early does the trick!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Deikayted, Just checking in on you. I only started reading from 5/26/11 posts....so sorry to hear what happened, but it seems you've bounced back nicely and good thing nothing came up on the CAT scan.

You'll get your skinny feeling back soon! It must be tough not knowing your weight, but I think you are doing good not knowing and just following your hunger level and exercise based on what your body is telling you, not what it says on the scale. That might be my own problem, that I eat more when I start to weigh less. My skinny feeling comes back when I skip dinner all together, which is bad, but if I even have a tiny salad, that will make me eat more, so instead of cutting back dinner, I just skip it.

Anyhoo, hang in there!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #462  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Beila!! You hit the nail on the head! In order for me to get my skinny feeling back, I have to cut my meals off EARLY!!! Basically the same thing as you skipping dinner! Don't you find that odd? I sure do! Even when I was just having something small like a yogurt or fruit before bed, it held me back from my "skinny" feeling.... Its not that I dont know this but its just hard sometimes cutting it off early enough...especially if I don't go to bed early. For instance, I do much better when I am home because I will eat no later than 7 and then go to bed at a decent hour and get up in the morning and exercise.. But if I go over my man's house..... It just doesn't happen! I know I have to learn to deal with that too because one day when I am married, I have to deal with food on a whole new level! Right now, he's a low carber and I am a lowfat gal so that's challenging at times as well. I know I can make it work though.... ****, I'm the one that really got him on the lowcarb thing, so I am definitely not complaining!

But back to chasing my skinny feeling! I just have to bite the bullet and go back to eating early evening and saying no to ANY nite snacks.

OH!! And another thing!!! I Sometimes I do feel as though its easier to just go without a food then just having a little portion, just for the sake of having something because its time to eat. Sometimes I find that I am not even hungry at 7 but I figure I better eat something now before it gets late.. Then once I start eating, I managed to eat MORE than someone who "claims" she wasn't hungry. I think that's just emotional hunger and enjoying the taste of food. NOT real hunger.

OK. I will ramble no longer.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
OH!! And another thing!!! I Sometimes I do feel as though its easier to just go without a food then just having a little portion, just for the sake of having something because its time to eat. Sometimes I find that I am not even hungry at 7 but I figure I better eat something now before it gets late.. Then once I start eating, I managed to eat MORE than someone who "claims" she wasn't hungry. I think that's just emotional hunger and enjoying the taste of food. NOT real hunger.

Yep, yep...I'm gonna stop eating at 7 or so. Late night snacking (even a 200 cal snack) is keeping me from losing. Food doesn't digest at that time, so it just sits in my system as the "weight" I would have lost. Not sure if this is the science behind what's happening, but it sure feels like it.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #464  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Yes ma’am! Seems like cutting food out early is the thing that I MUST do! .. and that’s unfortunately the bottom line. I know that I have done it several times throughout my weightloss (and recorded in my journal) but sometimes its hard to do.. Weekdays are easiest because I have a routine… But weekends can be challenging depending on what I have planned. Ugh! It really boggles my mind. Why doesn’t the calorie in/calorie out thing work? I keep reading that it should not matter what time a day you eat as long as your calories are in check, but obviously this just doesn’t apply to everyone! 

I think I am little hormonal right now because I have been feeling like I am sooooooooooooooo tired of dieting/thinking about food/planning. I exercise, I eat well 98% of the time, and still I sit frustrated. Sometimes I don’t want to be so strict and just eat whatever I want and just watch my calories, but when I just allow myself to be “free” I feel odd, like I am NOT in weightloss mode! What the heck is that? Its from dieting for soooooooooooooooo long! Every time I think about it all …sometimes I just want to scream.

Maybe I will just have to break down and see a nutritionist.

Maybe it is my TOM.

Exercise:
45 minutes cardio

Fat Free Fage
1 cup mango
50 grapes

Egg salad sandwich / small salad
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #465  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Will update next week... Vacation time!

Dominican Republic here I come! Next week will be detoxing I'm sure!

Keep the weightloss efforts going