General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #226  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Did you ever worry about that when you were doing Bistro MD? I'm choosing the "Light in Sodium" options when I can. If anything, this would probably be the most sodium that I have had in a while (since I normally dont do prepackaged stuff.... heck, I was even doing half "no salt added" cottage cheese at times).
Actually it was BISTROmd that taught me what too sodium was doing to my body! The pre-packaged meals are all low in sodium (all 3 meals averaged about 900-1,000mgs of sodium). At first, it was a little hard to get used to, but after a couple of weeks, my tastebuds adjusted and I couldn't believe how satisfying those low sodium meals were and how delishous they tased. I just continued with what I learned!

Doing Amy's will make it even easier to track your sodium. Even if each meal had 600mgs of sodium, that would still be only 1800 mgs, just make sure your snacks are natural and/or low sodium and you WILL see a big difference...especially in how you feel and how you read your body!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #227  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Actually it was BISTROmd that taught me what too sodium was doing to my body! The pre-packaged meals are all low in sodium (all 3 meals averaged about 900-1,000mgs of sodium). At first, it was a little hard to get used to, but after a couple of weeks, my tastebuds adjusted and I couldn't believe how satisfying those low sodium meals were and how delishous they tased. I just continued with what I learned!

Doing Amy's will make it even easier to track your sodium. Even if each meal had 600mgs of sodium, that would still be only 1800 mgs, just make sure your snacks are natural and/or low sodium and you WILL see a big difference...especially in how you feel and how you read your body!
OK. Thanks for that.. I have no problem with low sodium meals because I"m usually a Ms. Dash or "no seasonings" person. I guess because when I was following competition -type diets, we never added any sodium to our food/meat.. nada. Ms. Dash and that's it. So I always get paranoid about sodium. Never add tablesalt to my food or any recipe that calls for it. So this is a GREAT thing and a big change.. Having food that have REAL TASTE! Lovin it!

I will keep plugging away and keep picking the lower sodium options when I can

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-31-2011 at 01:18 PM.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #228  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 3 - Amys :)

We’ll have to wait til tomorrow for the official Feburary weighin. I never weighin at 4am because I think that’s still your “night” weight. I try to keep things consistent and weigh around the same times… Had to leave extra early this morning due to the threat of freezing rain. So tomorrow should be a normal morning and hopefully I will get to weigh in then. Thursday would be absolute latest.

Gym will be this afternoon when I get off work.

Will update meal times later.

Snack - 830am
1 tbsp almond butter
1 pc gluten free bread

Meal 1 - 11:15
Tofu Scramble
4 oz orange juice

Meal 2 - 130pm
1/2 of my Brown Rice & Veggie Bowl

Gym - 330pm - I only plan to do 60 minutes of cardio today, unless I'm pumped to do more.

Meal 2.5 - ?? Post workout
1/2 of my Brown Rice & Veggie Bowl
cucumbers

Dinner - 7
Cheese Enchilada
2 cups spinach / 2 tbsp light salad dressing

Dessert
½ cup blueberries

*Instead of adding the extra tbsp of almond butter and extra blueberries and milk, I had:
peach
zuchhini
celery

and now my tummy is full!

30 minutes of cardio only at the gym.

I am loving this peppermint tea lately! It has helped my indigestion tremendously
=======================
1494 cals
65 g fat -17%
169 carbs - 44%
70g protein - 38%

Tomorrow - back to gym in the morning. I can't stand my appetite on days like today!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-01-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #229  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OH! I bought the book Eat to Live last night and will be reading that.. I read some good reviews on it..
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #230  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Good morning! We have the sleet et all here too(I'm in NY). Made it to the gym last night and did 35 min. on the treadmill. Ran 1.5 miles straight. I decided to run a 5K in April - I haven't run in anything since the Corporate Challenge in Boston many years ago...

My weight is up but I think it's because of TOM, which always messes with my bathroom habits. Hopefully both things resolve themselves by my official weigh-in on Friday.

Hope you have a great day and a great weigh-in tomorrow! I'm the same way - if I'm up too early I still think it's my night weight!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #231  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Good morning! We have the sleet et all here too(I'm in NY). Made it to the gym last night and did 35 min. on the treadmill. Ran 1.5 miles straight. I decided to run a 5K in April - I haven't run in anything since the Corporate Challenge in Boston many years ago...

My weight is up but I think it's because of TOM, which always messes with my bathroom habits. Hopefully both things resolve themselves by my official weigh-in on Friday.

Hope you have a great day and a great weigh-in tomorrow! I'm the same way - if I'm up too early I still think it's my night weight!!
Good job on getting that exercise in. You know what? Maybe I should sign up for a 5K as well!! That sounds like a great idea. I have done the Avon Breast Cancer walk - 39 miles.. twice.. but I have never ran a 5K.

Never weigh when TOM is here!!! And never weigh too early in the morning. You have to be well rested to lose that night weight

You have a great day as well!!! Keep trucking along.. Keep the exercise up especially. You will be rewarded when TOM leaves!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #232  
Hopeful Member

Definitely sign up! I am going to reward myself with a pair of good running shoes - I'm actually going to go into a specialty store and be fitted instead of grabbing whatever's on clearance at Marshall's or Kohl's!

My town has a big 10K in September, so if the 5K goes OK I may talk to a neighbor about running it together. She's new to running also so hopefully I won't be intimidated. I'm VERY SLOW now - going to get my distance up to the 5K and then work on speed.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #233  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Definitely sign up! I am going to reward myself with a pair of good running shoes - I'm actually going to go into a specialty store and be fitted instead of grabbing whatever's on clearance at Marshall's or Kohl's!

My town has a big 10K in September, so if the 5K goes OK I may talk to a neighbor about running it together. She's new to running also so hopefully I won't be intimidated. I'm VERY SLOW now - going to get my distance up to the 5K and then work on speed.
I think its a GREAT idea. I am going to see if I can find a few options in my area for the spring as well and sign up!! I was debating on whether to do the 60 mile Susan G. Komen walk but.. ummmmmmmmmmmm. I just can't get motivated. Plus it tears your body up! LOL

But a 5K or 10K.. That sounds doable!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #234  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

My day is all out of whack because getting to work early as always. So meals started earlier and I'm hungrier. I hate that. For some reason, when I get my workout in in the morning it keeps my appetite more controlled. Can't wait to get to the gym and get that over with!

That will take a chunk of time out of the day that I can't think about food!

Then when I get home, I will have the other half of my lunch probably around 5, and then dinner at 7:30-8ish. That works for me!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #235  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Day 4 - Amys - Plateau Broken - 144.0

PLATEAU BROKEN!

90 minutes cardio this a.m.

144.0!! That’s right. Not 144.8. That means I am RIGHT at 143! Yaaaay!! Go me.

Meal plan for today: (will update meal times as the day goes on)

Meal 1 - 11am
¾ cup oatmeal

Meal 2 -2pm
Black bean vegetable soup
added cauliflower

Snack 330
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries

Snack - 5pm
Celery ...more than 1/2 cup.. I do know that

Snack - 7pm
1 apple
1 yogurt

Meal 5 - should be around 8.
**amended**** Amy's burrito instead
fresh salsa w/ 2 tbsp lite sourcream

Calories: 1,339
Fat: 28.9
Carbs: 211.5
Protein: 66.7

I divided up the snacks today to stretch my food out throughout the day. That's why I wholeheartedly believe in breakfast later in the day (closest to noon as possible) That way I am sooo less likely to go to bed hungry!!

I didn't do the mac and cheese for dinner because it was 400 calories and when I looked at the plan, today's cals were suppposed to be 1320. So I still stuck with Amy's items but just had one that was less. I want to be as consistent as I can with the plan!!!
================================================== =======================

I knew something was going on because last night I started feeling the “I’m smaller” feeling so I started trying on clothes I couldn’t fit. And I’m starting to get into them nicely! 

Have a great day!

========
Hungry today.. Must be that 90 minute workout this morning.. Inclines!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 02-02-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #236  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

YEAHHHH!!!! I knew it!!! The pounds will be flyin off now!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #237  
Hopeful Member

Woo-hoo!!!! You must be so excited!!!!! You wil be more dedicated than ever!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #238  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Time to update the ticker!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #239  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim CB View Post
Time to update the ticker!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!
You are right!! I have to do that tonight!! Thanks for stopping by!! I am so pumped!
Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #240  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Woo-hoo!!!! You must be so excited!!!!! You wil be more dedicated than ever!!!
You got that right!! Stay the course! That's exactly what I intend to do! Thanks!!

See what I mean about trying something new? It works every time!! LOL! I believe in the plan, so my body's believing too!!!

Yaay!