General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 03:40 PM   #181  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Will, I AM a Spongebob fan. I have a Patrick air freshener in my car and I am love with Gary. *Meow*

LOL,
Tiff
Old 06-26-2002, 08:11 PM   #182  

Well, yeah, but why does he live in a pineapple?!!

Tiff, I know what you're saying about bathing suits. Thankfully, my sister got herself one last year that was really cute, but it was slightly too big (she ordered it from a catalog) and she decided she didn't want it, so it's mine now. That should hold me for this year anyway. Do you all remember when almost all clothes for large women were ugly? (Unless you could afford to pay a fortune) We've come a long way. When I was in high school and weighed 195 pounds, it was pretty hard to even find a pair of jeans that were made out of normal denim material. Oh, they had jeans, but they were some funky stuff with a full-elastic waste and they weren't remotely cool. Like I could have been "cool" at 195 pounds. I will be when I weigh that again this coming year!

It's great to see so many new posts. Sometimes I just read, but I'm trying to post more often. I sure do end up rambling, though. All the while I'm rambling, though, I'm not eating!

Oh, my mini-mini-mini goal is to get below 230 pounds. I haven't been under 230 for 3 years. I'm so close. But weighing every day doesn't show me the true picture. A couple of days back I was at 229, yesterday at 231. Whatever I end up at on Saturday is the one I'll hold onto. Wish me luck.

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-26-2002, 08:55 PM   #183  

hi tif, take it easy on yourself. but i know exactly how you felt after you did that, cause that is the same feeling i get. only i dont ever get the poopies afterward, mine always stays in. i hear alot of people say that happens after they have eaten healthy , then eat something greasy. you will be alright and look , you said everything to yourself , that any of us could say to you. you are already doing better. you will come back from this. what you went through with the peer pressure is always what gets me. except i would have skipped the steak and went for the drinks. i alway let situations like that sabatoge my good intentions, because really, any where we go there has to be something healthy we can choose from the menu, but we just want to enjoy like everyone else. not worrying about if it is good for us or not.

so these things are a part of life and we do have to include them in and just get right back on the wagon the next day. by the way, that place you went to really sounds like a fun place, my hubby would love it. and you were making my mouth water with that melted butter. thanks for sharing, it only reminds us that you are human and everyone has slip ups, we just cant let them get to us. i know you will have a great day tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #184  

Jen, that is a very realistic mini goal and you will be there in no time. I just love leaving one number and getting into the next. Leaving the 260's was great and leaving the 250's was even better. I will practically be over the moon when I leave 200. LOL...

Will, I was too afraid to hit the drinks, cause I was afraid I would get really drunk and eat even worse. LOL...you know, eating off peoples plates and having dessert and then going home and eating some ice cream...then waking up at 3 in the morning for a candy bar. LOL....

Anyway, I am out of here for a walk tonight. First night in a while...so I imagine I will be huffing and puffing. But that IS a good thing. Means I am working my body!

Take care,
Tiff
Old 06-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

I had a pretty good day eating wise yesterday, still haven't been exercising though. Rain and thunderstorms this week and I've had too many things to do. I know that is nothing but an excuse because I can find time when I want to.

I understand what you all are talking about with the bathing suits, my parents have a pool in their back yard and I refuse to go out in public in a bathing suit. Clothes are also difficult for me to find especially dresses. I am smaller on top than bottom and dresses are usually too big in one place or too tight in the other so I just gave up and wear jeans all the time. I still have lots of nice clothes that I would love to wear in my closet.

I have also set myself a mini goal it is to be under 200 (even 1 lb) by the time I go to Las Vegas on August 15 and I have really got to get walking so I won't get pooped out while we are there. I think that is a realistic goal since we have 7 weeks before we go.

Have a great day everyone!

LJ
225/212/150
Old 06-27-2002, 08:39 AM   #186  
Long Lost Chickie

Talking Thank you!

Thanks for the welcome! Boy, this is a busy place. Hope I can keep up with you guys! I can only post at work because my home computer is slow as ... what was that Tiffany ... snail snot?? I'll never forget that one!

Tiffany, OK so now I'm hungry and have got "Calling All Angels" going through my head. Thanks a lot, girlie! I told a woman at work about how good that movie was so she rented it one evening. She refused to speak to me for days afterward for "subjecting" her to that. Well, I warned her!!

I'm no hero. When you wake up from what should have been minor routine surgery thinking you're in recovery and will be going home soon and there are nurses and your surgeon leaning over you telling you "there was a problem" and you've been admitted for "a few days", there's not much you can do. I was so groggy that when I woke up again later, I had to ask if it was real or did I dream it? Anyway, I've been going in for regular cat scans and ultrasounds (it was ovarian cancer) and if all goes well on all the tests through next January, I'll be officially cancer-free for 5 years!

Sorry to hear about your food incident. I don't think I'd be out of line to say that probably all of us here have gotten out of control at a social ocassion at least once? I know I have. And I don't eat fast food much any more but the last time I did, I really overdid it. No little burger and small fries for me, no sir. Give me two of the biggest thing you've got!!!! I was sick for days. And I know what you mean about DH and the "oh just this once won't hurt" attitude. My boyfriend is good at the well, since you're going to the gym after work, you need "a little extra" carbs or protein or whatever... OK, sounds good to me.

Tigerlily, I'm not sure how much I want to lose. I figured 150 sounded like a good number but I've been fat for so long I have no idea what 150 would look like or feel like. I guess I'll just take it a couple pounds at a time.

Huntress, you're going to Vegas!!! Ooh, I'm jealous!! I love Vegas!! I've only been twice and certainly didn't make my fortune either time but I want to go again! We were supposed to go for my 40th birthday last year. We were supposed to leave on September 14. Needless to say, we cancelled the flight. So can I stow away in your suitcase? Hm, do they even make a suitcase big enough for me....??

OK you guys, all this talk of ugly bathing suits has only made me love you more! I was hoping it wasn't just me. Really, what is it with all the fluorescent "look at me" flowers and frills. Actually, I did find a plain one in ... are you ready? ... gray. Tried it on and would have laughed if it wasn't so sad. No way I'd wear that to the beach. I'd be afraid of getting harpooned in the surf!

Guess I'd better go. I've rambled on long enough and the boss will be walking through the door at any moment. Gotta go earn my millions. Again, thanks for the welcome. Hope to post again soon ... and often ... there, you've been warned.

Take care!
Jo.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #187  

I'm a scale hopper, I'm a scale hoper
Usually once during the week, I have to sneak on there. Weigh-in for me is Monday mornings. Today was my sneak, and a good sneak it was. The iron monster read 190.5. That's 11 total down. I know it doesn't count, but it gives me hope for Monday!
I couldn't sleep last night. Late night with baseball and all wound up. So, I'm lay'n there thinking...this weight loss thing isn't so hard. Once I got the junk food out of my system, the cravings got weaker. I've added exercise, but not an extreme amount. I'm sure I'll have to up the exercise to keep losing, but I'm building up to that. Wow, *toot, toot*. (that's my horn)
Huntress, I'm also smaller on top...back on the bathing suit topic, the industrial bra thing they put in them...ha, I have to watch to make sure it doesn't go concave on me! I'm like a 38B WITH the extra weight. I have a 38A (barely) to look forward to when the weight is gone. Talk about a hard to find size! Designers think if your a 38 ya gotta have some clevage....wrong!
Well, I'm off to clean house. I thought being a SAHM, it would be clean all the time. Fanasty Land!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:16 AM   #188  

morning girls, tiger, you are doing great, i am sure the scales will be kind.

i have never been to vegas, but sounds like a lot of fun.

guys, i dont know what is better small on top big on bottom or me. i am huge on top and no bathing suit has enough support for me, i am bouncing around all over the place, i usally dont take my cover up off, which is a tank top. and is very sad, concidering how much i love the water and used to be a faithful boogie boarder. you couldnt get me out of the water. i cant wait to lose this weight just so the twins could get smaller. at a 42 dd, i guarantee they each weigh as much as newborn twins, i hate them.

jello, i hope everything turns out all right, i am sorry to hear what you are going through. sounds like you have a good attitude about everything. good for you.

congrats to us all for our mini goals, lets go for it . we can make these goals a reality. lets all have a great day
Old 06-27-2002, 11:31 AM   #189  

I wonder? Does any woman actually like her body? Most of us who carry extra weight don't, but I've listened to plenty of average-sized,slender, and stick-thin women wishing they had bigger boobs, or a flatter stomach, or smaller hips, or no stretch marks or... Wouldn't it be a miracle if there were adequate clothes for all of us and we could just worry about being healthy. Like that will ever happen. I wonder if the models and actors that so many of us envy like their bodies? Listening (reading) what everyone had to say made me think about it. I'm built like a light-bulb myself. Only it's not so much large breasts on top, it's a fat back. Sounds lovely, huh?
I can't seem to stay off that stupid scale. I walked 2.5 miles yesterday, have been OP all week and the darn thing won't do what I want it to do. When I officially weigh-in on Saturday, I hope it does. O.K. Off to another thread, or back to work? Hmm...tough choice!

Jen
238/232/140
Old 06-27-2002, 11:52 AM   #190  

hi jen, good subject, i know a girl who is thin and just yesterday her hubby ordered a 4 ft pool and she got mad at him and said, now i have to go out and get a bathing suit. when was thin, i couldnt wait to get in my bathing suit, and lived in my shorts until october. i didnt flaunt my body and no it wastn perfect, but i felt good enough to not worry about it. the last time was around 27, that was 10 yrs ago. but all i know is if i looked like her i wouldnt complain, but just proves what you said, i dont think any of us are truly happy with the way we look. and if you are one of the lucky ones that do? good for you and wish i could be too.

hang in there, it sounds like you are doing everything right, those scales will move. i am the same way, i weigh in everyday, but dont let it get to me anymore, only my tues morn weigh in really counts.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:15 PM   #191  

Heck, I still look in the mirror and try to figure out when the "pod people" came and gave me this old saggy body.

But, you know...I can remember being thinner and still not being 100% happy. But hindsight is 20/20 and now I think I have learned a lesson. LOL, if I can get this weight off, I will be happy with myself, because I can always pull out my old size 22 pants and say, "QUIT COMPLAINING OR YOU WILL WAKE UP AND THESE WILL BE TOOOOO TIGHT AGAIN." I figure that should shut me right up.

Well, I walked a mile and a half last night. Not bad for not walking for a week. I had that stitch in my side, but no calf or shin pain. My calves and shins were probably still in shock from getting exercise, that they just didn't know what to do!!

Yesterday was a perfect day for me food and exercise-wise. I ate low fat and healthy all day and was actually just under the low end of my calorie range (1450-1700) This is actually working for me, and when I hit 225, I will drop to 1350-1600.

I found a GREAT NEW SWEET. Ok, every once in a while I have this sweet craving where I will open the cabinets and look for something chocolate/sugary/sweet. In the bakery department of my MEGA grocery store. (We have Schnucks, Meijer, etc) They are little meringues. They look like little clouds. The ones I picked out are white with LITTLE M&Ms in them. They were super sweet and tasted really good. 2 of them were 60 calories and 1 gram of fat. And I tell you what, if you eat those and still need something sweet, you are beyond hope. I felt like I was having a mouthful of pure sugar. They were kind of dry, but the M&Ms made up for it.

Look for those in your bakery section of your bigger supermarkets.

Oh, Jello. I was laughing so hard at you in your grey bathing suit. OMG, I thought I was going to wet my pants picturing you laying on the beach with one eye open trying to fend off the harpoons. LOL, that is something I would do. I had a red bathing suit last year until this little kid told my daughter that I reminded her of a tomato. Guess what? It's history now. I burned that sucker.

Will, I was laughing at your Twins. I THINK, and I may be wrong here, but I THINK they were actually Quads at birth and I have the other set of twins.

Tig, I hear you about the cravings. I just finished my 6th week of this new eating (I refuse to call it a diet) and I realized that I am not really craving some of my usual foods, like the greasy pizza and bags of chocolate. I make a healthy pizza, and if I ever really have to have pizza, I eat something healthy before I go to Pizza Hut and then have a couple of slices of Veggie Lovers, and I feel better.

I also eat before I go to the grocery store and that stops me from grabbing the King Size candy bars and eating them on the way home. I used to also go through the drive up and Mc'Donalds and get a quarter pounder (or two) and eat those on the way home and then go home and eat dinner.

So, to know that I haven't binged like that in 6 weeks is a great feeling. I could get up on my soapbox here, but I believe that I truly suffer from food addiction, and I DO NOT believe that it is any different from drugs or alcohol. I, like a alcoholic, would sneak food, and hide it, and lie about it. I HAD to have it. I would have mood swings without it, and then after a binge, I was like a nasty drunk, because I was so angry with myself for not being able to control it.

People want to help you if you can't get off the drugs, but they laugh at you if you can't put down the Twinkies. It really is sad.

So, my name is Tiffany and I am a food addict. I have been clean for 6 weeks. (I don't count my little steakhouse episode as falling off the wagon, cause I only ate part of my meat...and I still did better than my old self would have!)

Well, girlies....I am off to clean out the blue fuzzy foods from my refrigerator.

Take care and spread some happiness today!
Tiffany
Old 06-27-2002, 02:03 PM   #192  

tif, nuff said.

i just love food, call it what you want. addict, out of control, no will power, i just love it, it is satisfying and i enjoy eating.

funny i never remember food having such a high prioriety in my life, i was having too much fun to worry about food. after i had my daughter, it just seems like someone flipped a switch. i though about it all the time. i still do. but now i have to change and decide that it cant be a prioreity in my life. i want to eat when i am hungry , stop when i am full and not think so much what i am gonna have for my next meal.

this can be done, and i will do it. ww pts says i am allowed to have about 1350 cal. although i am not saying i a following a strict plan, i can follow pts loosely and know how much i am getting. from being on ww so many times, i kinda got a part of the brain that has got pts stuck all in it. as soon as i eat something i will say in my head how many pts this food is. it can be annoying at times, i just cant get the pts out of my head, but i also believe it gives me an advantage to choose foods more wisely. hope everyone is having a great day.

the girls are playing outside(near a pool) it is so hot around here, i can see them right from the comp window, (too convenient) i can babysit and not have to get out of my chair. i did excercise already and drank 6 cups of water and the food is under control. guess i should start some laundry. oh the girls are 6 1/2 and 7 so they are alright. hang in there .
Old 06-27-2002, 02:24 PM   #193  

I tried explaining to DH that the food problem for me was like an alcohol problem! Just like an alcolholic shouldn't keep beer in the frig, I shouldn't keep rocky road icecream! He always complains when there isn't any good icecream in the house. Luckily, I'm getting stronger and it isn't bothering me as much. Give me strength!
Today is going pretty good. Eat'n ok and did 2miles on the walkaway video. Now, what to eat for supper?
Old 06-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #194  

Ok. Here is my gripe for the day, and then I am going to do something constructive. Like shop.

My Fat-Free Jello Pudding box says there are 4 servings in the box. Each serving of the dry mix is 25 calories. (100 calories in the whole box.)

You make it with 2 cups skim milk. There are 80 calories in each cup of skim milk, or 160 calories in two cups.

100 calories for the powder
160 calories for the milk.

That come out to 260. The box says that it is 280. Or 70 calories per serving with skim milk, and if there are 4 servings, that makes it 280. WHAT????

How is that????????????

Ok, I KNOW it is only a piddly 20 calories we are talking about and I probably burned twice that by hand mixing it, but those are MY 20 CALORIES.

Anyone know what is up with this????

Tiffany
Frantically pacing the kitchen trying to figure out where the extra calories came from!
Old 06-27-2002, 06:05 PM   #195  

Howdy folks!

Haven't posted in a few days. All in all, I'm doing fine. However, I did have something quite indulgent today! Have never had a klondike bar. Now I understand why they make such a big deal about what folks would do for one... yummy. But, I've been doing really well for over a month and I just refuse to feel guilty. So there!

Tiff, I think it was you talking about food addiction. I have thought that about myself for a long time. One thing that gets me is that an alcohlic can quit drinking. A drug addict can quit druggin. I was addicted to cigarettes and quit them. But, we can't just quit eating!!! Folks do not get why that is such a problem!

Okay, I need to go work out. 20 fat grams of klondike bar are insisting I do it. And, I have actually gotten to where I enjoy it anyway... so.. off i go!

Bye y'all....
Closed Thread