General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 08:45 PM   #271  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Kayla, that was a beautiful thought. I love that, and want to stitch it on a pillow but I can't sew worth a crap, so I will settle for writing it down and putting it where I can see it. Thank you for that.

I am so happy that your sister is going to WW with you, that should help a whole bunch!!! It is always better to have someone to do it with!

I'm also sorry about your friend. I can't even imagine how terrible that must have been and I am sorry. But I am so proud and inspired by how you have taken back control of your own life. What an incredible person you must be.

Good luck tomorrow at WW, it's a blast and the support is awesome and the plan is great, I really think you will like it.

Thanks for telling us your story and for hanging out here with us old timers. LOL...

Talk with you all later, I really AM going to paint the bathroom now. LOL

Tiff
Old 07-11-2002, 02:49 AM   #272  

Hello again!

Well i am a quote fanatic! i love them and use them whenever possible.......i have a quote for every emotion, every struggle, every situation you could imagine! i collect them!

It was really hard when my friend died. I just couldnt believe it was happening to such a wonderful person. (she died of cancer)
She was only 13 when it happened......(she was a year younger than everyone in our grade) it was like 25 days until her 14th birthday when she died. It was so terrible....and living in a small town.....it was one of the biggest and saddest things ever to happen here. but......broken hearts continue to beat.......so everyone had to pull together and keep living our lives...and thats what im trying to do now....to pull my life together and to live it for me and live each day for everything its worth.

i must sound like such a sap!!!!
Anyways.....im really glad to have met such an awesome bunch of people! Tiff, you seem like such a caring person and so fun! Im really glad to be hanging out here!

OH! if anyone wants to see a good movie "a walk to remember" is terriffic! my sister and me just watched it and balled through the whole thing. its SOOOO sad! its totally a chick flick! so grab your best friend/daughter/sister etc., a box of kleenex, some non fat popcorn(hehe) and im sure youll love it!!!

have a great day ladies!
(oh yah...since ive been home ive been to the gym everyday~! And i went for a nice long walk today! at least my exercise is staying up there!!!)
luv
*K*LA*
Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Good Morning!

Tiffany your bathroom sounds wonderful.......what could be better than bathing in a lush tropical garden....can I move in with you?

Kayla I'm so sorry about your friend. It is so tragic when a young person dies and I know that it is especially difficult for someone your age to accept. It sounds like you are getting your life together now and I hope you do well with WW.

Jello, are you sure we don't work in the same office? I think our bosses must have been cut from the same cloth.

So I went walking last night, made it 1.5 miles and pooped out. It was so humid here I was sweating like a pig, got grossed out came home and got in the shower. I wish I could make myself get out there every night because when I do it feels so good that I don't really want to stop. I'm not sure why I can't make the commitment to go on a regular basis.

Cafe I love lean cuisine and they have really made a big difference for me. If I have don't have anything available for lunch it is way too easy to just get fast food or my favorite is Luby's. Having the meals that I can just pop in the microwave makes it a no brainer and much less tempting to go out.

It was my brothers 31st birthday yesterday, so naturally we had to have cake and ice cream. The funny thing is I could barely get half of it down before I thought I was gonna puke. Sorry, a little too graphic?

I know that a lot of people worry about special occasions like this, holidays, vacations, birthdays, etc........but I realized a couple of months ago that if I was going to make a lifestyle change that these kind of things were going to happen and I just don't worry about them anymore. Fact of the matter is, I didn't even really want the cake but I didn't want to hurt my brothers feelings so I choked down some of it and then went for a walk to burn it off. LOL, I had to come home and drink 2 glasses of water and brush my teeth to get that sweet sickly sugar taste out of my mouth. Gosh, why do they have to make birthday cake so sweet?

Well enough of my rambling, running late now..........

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-11-2002, 08:16 AM   #274  

Hello Everyone!
Up early today and did my walk video. I could really tell I hadn't done it in awhile.
Huntress, have you tried the walk videos? When it's too hot outside, they come in handy. I use the PIP feature on the telly. Watch a program I like, put Leslie Sansone up in the corner and walkaway! And, you are so right about the special occasions, they only happen once in awhile, enjoy a piece of cake! Just don't lick the icing off the cake server like I used to do.
Tiff, how is the bathroom coming along? I love re-doing a room. I have a bathroom that I just put wall texture on...no paint yet. I'm thinking redish with a brown glaze. On top of that, we are still working on the downstairs. We almost have all of the old stuff ripped out. Drywall is HEAVY, sheetrock it is. I can't wait to get to the "decorating" part!
Off to sort laundry, joy, joy.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #275  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, Tif said to picture her strutting around with her chest stuck out ... but all I can picture is a dancing banana!!! Wonder why.

Now Tiffany, really. Half of the day's calories in chocolate!? Shame on you, young lady. Everyone knows that you should make AT LEAST 3/4 of the day's calories be chocolate! Oh and when you're finished decorating you can come on over to my house. I'll make it easy. I like green too. You can use any leftover paint. There. Now aren't I nice?

Kayla, I'm sorry to hear about your friend also. It's so tragic when someone dies young. When I was a senior in high school, a girl in our class (honor student, member of several clubs, pretty, popular, nice, etc.) was found murdered in her home. It was frightening but even more it was very sad and seemed like such a waste. Makes you want to live every moment. My experience with cancer made me realize one very important thing. In the grand scheme of things, life is very short. Live it!

Oh good heavens! Do I sound like a motivational tape or what? I'll stop now.

Huntress, let's both take our bosses and shipwreck them on a deserted island or something. Just for a little while. Let them listen to each other and realize how much they drive people CRAZY! Wonder if it'd do any good.

One good thing about having all that pent up frustration. Went to the gym last night after work and worked it all off! A few extra repetitions of the machines with a little extra weight added. And no measly mile on the elliptical machine, no sir. Two miles and I would have kept going but I had to get home.

OK, I really stopped because I was about to fall on my face. Hit the proverbial wall, I did. Got off the machine and had to go to the locker room and sit down for a few minutes before attempting to walk to my car. Legs were shaking like ... well, like a dancing banana.

I'm rambling. Sorry. Have to go get some work done. Well, SOMEONE around here should do the work! Oh, don't get me started again....

Have a good day, everyone. I'm going to try...
Jo.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:57 AM   #276  

Jello...........I can't stop laughing! Please, please take them away! Just imagine the parties we could have!

Tigerlilly........I have seen those videos advertised and in fact it was featured in Womans Worlds magazine a couple weeks ago but I haven't had time to check it out, life has been a little too crazy the last few weeks.

Guess I'd better get out of here before "HE" gets back......

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-11-2002, 08:43 PM   #277  

Hey, what's up...........where is everybody today?

LJ
Old 07-11-2002, 09:44 PM   #278  

I have had a good day! I am on weight watchers. and besides the fact that I ate one hotdog that I shouldnt have I am doing great! I have been drinking tons of water! And it finnally payed off!

I was 222 in the middle of June! And here it is July 11th and I weigh 210.7

I was so happy! I am so happy! I am also new by the way! lol my name is karen I am 25 years old and I have two little girls ages 6 and 3! I have also been married for 6 1/2 years!

HUNTRESS: hello looks like we are both looking for some activity on this board huh!

*karen*
Old 07-11-2002, 10:05 PM   #279  

Hellllllllooooooo Ladies.

I've actually been out in the yard working today. I couldn't find my gloves and I am regretting it now. Owww. Also finished my daughter's half bath and it does not look like a lush tropical oasis...but it is VERY green. Funny how the color on the card does not quite reflect how it will look on a wall. Oh well, looks better than the Kilz.

Eating was good today. I was outside most of the day, so not very hungry at all. No plans to eat a bag of Heath Bites, so today was a win-win.

Fiance and I made up, so the tension is all gone now. Now we can focus on the make-up sex.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day and I will check in tomorrow. You can bet your butt I won't be out in the yard tomorrow. Not one single time. I am fed up.

I do need to walk, I haven't walked in a few days. Yesterday was spent painting and stenciling, etc...and today was heavy yard work. Tomorrow is "pamper me" day. (Like that is different from any other day!!)

Well, nighty night girls,
Tiffany
Old 07-11-2002, 10:08 PM   #280  

I wish I had a green thumb! But I have a hard time even growing my hair out lol!!!!

sounds like you had a busy day! My name is karen. I am new and wanted to say hi!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:42 PM   #281  

Hi Karen,

Welcome to our little corner of this site!! Hope you stick around and feel free to let it go and be yourself. We are all a little nutty around here, but it helps us get the job done!

Tiff

Kayla, how did the WW go?
Old 07-12-2002, 02:58 AM   #282  

Hello!

Well weight watchers is great! i absolutely love it....it all seems too easy to be true....but one question....where it says activity points earned or minuts....what does that mean? and how do you find out your points?? anyone know?

I am also going to do a big of the slimfast stuff.....it only counts for a few points......

Today was my first day of weight watchers and considering i had no clue until around 4o pm what any of the point values were or anything....i was over by three points....but that was just cause i didnt know...so tommorrow is my OFFICIAL first day......

anyways...in the process of highlighting my hair right now! im getting a little worried though! hehehe!
well better go wash it out!
see you all later!
luv
Kayla
Old 07-12-2002, 02:59 AM   #283  

HOLY! a few spelling errors!!!! where it says "a big of the slimfast stuff.....it should say a BIT! and where it says 4o it should say 4:00!!! im a little tired i guess! lol
gnight ladies!
Old 07-12-2002, 06:12 AM   #284  

Good morning everyone! I am glad to see you all again, I really look forward to reading what everyone has to say and how things are going.

Tiffany - I'm sure your bathroom is beautiful and I am just jealous I know what you mean about paint, when I had a bedroom added on to my house I picked out a beautiful soft white color for the walls to contrast bright white crown mouldings, but when I started to paint it was lavender! What's up with that anyway? I absolutely HATE yard work.........after a whole day of it I would imagine that you got plenty of exercise.

Welcome Karen! I too love that exhilaration of seeing the scale move down quickly, it really has a way of getting you off to a good start. Weight Watchers is a good program and if you stick with it you should be able to lose it all........oh, and don't worry about that extra hot dog, we all fall off the wagon occasionally and one hot dog isn't going to make that much difference.

Kayla - If I remember correctly from my WW days, the extra points you can earn from extra exercise come in a week or so down the road and they will tell you about it but I think you have to exercise for an extra 20 minutes for each point.

TGIF! If they had a jumping up and down for joy smilie I would use that too. I finally got everything caught up after being off last week at work and now I've got to scrub my house from top to bottom Saturday since I really haven't felt much like doing it this week and my kids are home all day making messes and leaving them. I'd better go get ready for work, I have to look extra special nice today, that cute guy will be there this morning.... P.S. Tiffany, we will understand if we don't hear from you this weekend

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #285  

Well, so much for the "make up" romance. My body was too stiff last night to move and I fell asleep.

Oh well.

Kayla, Huntress is right, they want you to focus on your food first, and then later down the road they introduce the exercise points. Actually, I think it is closer to week 3 or 4. Don't want to overwhelm you all at once. LOL....

Well...I am leaving Sunday morning for Branson and I should be back by Wednesday evening.

My fiance is making fun of me. I have a dog...a small Pomeranian, who is my sunshine. This dog is my baby. Yes, I AM one of THOSE people. I never had a dog before, my parents always had cats, so this was my first dog and I am charmed beyond words. He is just my baby.

Anyway, we have to board him at the vet when we leave and since they are closed on Sunday, he has to go Saturday before noon. So, I have a bag packed for him, with his fuzzy bone, his blankie and a small pillow. (He likes to lay on his blanket with his head resting on the pillow) and his special food. (Iams mini chunks) cause he has such little teeth.

My fiance laughed at me, and said the dog wasn't going away to summer camp. He was going to the kennel. But I can imagine that would be like prison to him. So, I am sending his bag anyway, and making my boyfriend drop him off at the vet tomorrow, cause I can't bear to see his little face when we leave him there. I'm sure he will think we have abandoned him forever.

Well, I'll attach a picture of him, and I will chat with you all later!

Tiff
Closed Thread