General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 02:42 PM   #106  

GUYS, MY COMPUTER CRASHED YESTERDAy!!!!!!!!!! my whole hard drive was burned out. luckily i have brother who knows what he is doing. i didnt realize how much i am addicted to talking to everyone. so guess what i did yesterday, well, i really come on here when i get the urge to over eat, and i couldnt get on here yesterday or till right now, (i think you know where i am going with this ) yup i turned to food out of frustration. i thought i was done with the exuses to overeat. well, i will get back on track, and just want to say how much this website keeps me on my toes and in control. the support is great!!! next time i will make better use of my time instead of eating and feeling like crap, but i hope this never happens again.

hope everyone is doing well, i will have some catching up to do with everyones posts, i just wanted to check in.
Old 06-13-2002, 04:27 PM   #107  

howdy!
huntress, i made the smoothies today for an afternoon snack. my kids loved them. they like helping in the kitchen, so making it was fun too. i used vanilla yogurt and left out the sweetner. i figure if i never had it with the sweetner, i wouldn't know what i was missing. very good treat! dh, who always wants me to buy icecream, might even like this.
willbe, i know what u mean...when my pc went down, i had to run myself to the library to log on! checking in here a few times a day really helps keep me on program!
justme, are u feeling better? did u get your st.john's? i tried taking it for awhile, but didn't notice any effects, good or bad. tried kava kava too, didnt do a thing. my favorite medication is tylenol pm! works wonders after a stressful day, just half a tablet puts a calm over my world. 2 knocks me out.
ONE DAY AT A TIME! WE CAN DO IT!
Old 06-13-2002, 05:46 PM   #108  

I'm here. I'm here. Been keeping on my program except that I didn't work out this morning before work. Figured I'd do it after forgetting that I am supposed to go to a foster home to license them tonight. Argh... Might do it when I get home. If not, I've done it every day since Saturday. Won't be the end of the world, I guess.

Been busy at work. Bleh... INSANE day yesterday!!! Have a lot to do to get ready for the trip to Atlanta tomorrow with my dad. So I'll keep this short.

Keep it up girls!!!
Old 06-13-2002, 06:26 PM   #109  

Hello girls. I am feeling a little better, I got another compliment that I looked thinner so I am feeling more motivated now. My eating for today has not been very good and as a result my tummy hurts and I am awfully sleepy. Tomorrow is my day off and I am sure looking foward to it. I think it's supposed to rain, but it doesn't matter. It's a day off and I am happy.

Work is still very stressful, I stumbled upon a possible route outa this place so keep your fingers crossed. I would be that happiest girl on the planet if I landed a new job. I've been here for over 3 years and it's just gotten worse and worse. Upper management (we call em "the boys club") is just unbearable. At this point I'd take a lower paying job just to get away from them.

I promise myself I will not give up on my new eating habits. I have to keep my goals in mind and realize that overall this is the much healther and happier way to live life.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:31 PM   #110  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls! I'm with Lizzo, I have a ton of stuff to do before my trip to Atlanta. *sigh* I did go to the store and get some more baked chips and I measured them out into baggies by serving size, so I know how much I am munching on the road! Same with my grapes! Threw some water in the ice chest and my Diet Pepsi and I am GOOD TO GO!!!

Of course, I still haven't packed yet. Food first!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I CAN'T WAIT to get home and check out how great everyone has been doing.

Wish me and Lizzo luck, we are going down south with all that fried food and seafood and ballpark foods. Who can resist a hot dog from the ballpark??? Not me!

We will be strong, and all of you stay strong and jump back on track, or keep on keeping on track!!!

I have to weigh in on Tuesday when I get back from Atlanta. You may be hearing me scream from here!!!!

Talk with you all on Monday night!
Tiff
Old 06-13-2002, 08:48 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Lizzo, Tiffany - I hope you both have a wonderful time on your trip! Try not to worry too much about the food, you only live once you know.

Just - I am so happy for you, the compliments and getting motivated again is great! It's good to hear from you, let us know how things go on the job.

Tiger - I'm glad you enjoyed the smoothies.

Willbe - Sorry to hear about your computer, I would go stark raving nuts without mine as I also get on several times a day to check things out. Hopefully you will not have any more problems. It must be handy having a brother to fix it up for you.

Work has been horrible this week, not only busy but my boss can be a real jerk when he wants to be and he has given me a lot of crap this week. Fortunately he has gone out of town and tommorow should be a breeze. I haven't been overeating I don't think but I have eaten some things that I wish I hadn't. Not sure if I am going to walk tonight I am way too stressed out from this week and my buddy is gone tonight too. Think I'm just going to relax in a bath and go to bed early. Good evening all!

LJ
Old 06-13-2002, 10:17 PM   #112  

Uhhh... Tiff... I live here in the beautiful (but hot) South all the time! Those fried foods are around me all the time! And since I'm in a smaller town than I am used to, unfortunately, there are not THAT many healthy eating out choices around here. Bleh But I love it in the South (just not where I am right now) and will probably never leave.

So, I didn't do it until 8 PM, but I did my workout. Wasn't going to do it, but was talking to a friend of mine on the phone and she told me I should do it. She said, if I start making excuses now it will only get easier. I am glad I did it though. I like the feeling after. Just hope I'm ready to do it again in the morning. :sheep:

So, gotta get to packing and get to bed. Y'all have a great weekend. Might be able to pop online sometime, if not, I'll be back on Sunday!

Bye y'all...
Old 06-14-2002, 10:54 AM   #113  

Unhappy HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY!!!!!!

not doing so well, today, here come the excuses, i am pmsing really bad, i lost a lot of info when my computer went down and i still cant get on some of my favorite sites, it is cold rainy, i have no kids to babysit, my appetite is outrageous, doesnt any pms pill control that?? i am tired, eating to much junk and i have to go to a childrens party with my daughter tonight and i am gonna see people there i know and i feel horrible, i just want to consume large amounts of food and have cocktails tonight.

but after catching up of some of your posts, i have gotten some inspiration, andi appreciate tif sharing with us what she does to keep her eating plan on track even when going on a trip. congrats on the weight loss tif and just me, you guys are dong awesome, and reading everyones posts, will hopefully get me out of this slump. as monday is weigh in day. and on sunday i have to go to my father in laws for father's day, and he is a great italian cook, complete with wine with dinner and after dinner cordials.

so tif and lizzo, good luck on your trips , and i will need good luck just to get back on track and not totally gain back the 3 lbs i lost last week. i am kinda of struggling right now and trying to hang in there.

so here is what i want to do today, after i pick my daughter from school i will excercise, drink lots of water, as i feel like i am retaining some,(some due to pms but also some due to the pistachios nuts i cant keep my hands off of. ) unitll i am more in control i have to keep those nuts out of the house. i will try to keep myself busy and out of the kitchen and try not to have cocktails before i go to the party, they are friends there i know will want to have one or two with me when i get there. i will try to be strong, as i know they will only add extra calories and to my mild depression while i am pmsing.

hope everyone else is have a great day.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #114  

Hi everyone.
I have a family gathering thing this Sunday. I'm dreading it. There is going to be family there from Texas that hasn't seen me since I've gained weight. DREADING IT! I'm not so much worried about the food. I'd be ashamed to have anyone see me eat too much. ARgh! I've already been trying to plan what to wear, what will make me look less fat. Buying someting new has crossed my mind, but I'd really like to wait until I can buy something in a smaller size. I could make up some excuse not to go, but then I'd be on the **** list.
I need an attitude adjustment!
DH wants me to pick up some beer for his father's day treat. His real treat would be if he could get a couple of them in me. I'm not much of a drinker, but it would take the edge off the stress.
willbe, sounds like u have a good plan of action. good luck sticking to it!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:21 PM   #115  

Hi everyone.
I haven't posted in a while although I've logged on and read. HOW RUDE!! Anyway, Tigerlilly, I know exactly how you feel knowing you're going to see people who knew you thinner. If you don't get depressed when shopping for new clothes, (I know I do sometimes) it might be a treat for you to get something new now. I know that for a long while, I wouldn't buy myself anything because I didn't want to "waste the money" on clothes that I was going to grow out of (in of?) anyway. One day, though, I decided that I deserve good things now, no matter how much I weigh. I'm worth spending the money on NOW. And if it's possible to find just the right outfit, it could really boost your confidence. I'm so glad there are finally clothing stores that sell real clothes for larger women. It seems like when I was younger (I was heavy in high school then thinned down in my 20s), once you got above a size 16, you could only buy tent dresses made from fabrics with ugly loud prints or pukey colored polyester stretch pants. Now we have choices! Whatever you end up doing, good luck!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I think I'm going to take my daughter and her friend to the beach tomorrow. They can play and I think I'll kick back and journal and/or read.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:15 AM   #116  

how is everyone doing?? i am having trouble gaining back control, i fear the scales will not be kind tomorrow. i have to go to my father in laws today, so i am not even worrying about it. i am just going to try to stay in control. cant believe it is the middle of june and i still havent gotten it all together yet, but the way i have been feeling is, i think i have finally hit rock bottom, i know what my trigger foods are and i am just about sick to death of letting them get the best of me. i have to be in control now , not those nasty carbs. i have to give my body a chance to get used to eating the way i would like to eat , i never stay on my program long enough for my body to start accepting the healthy foods. i always give in. and then i struggle to get back on track. sorry to be such a downer, but i cant post positivly when i dont feel that way right now.

hope everyone else is sticking to thier plans, and having a great weekend.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:49 AM   #117  

Angry Sunday

Sorry you are having so much trouble staying on track..
You'll get there, one day at a time...

I'm doing good here, lost 2 lbs this week for a grand total of 52 lbs...!! I think I finally figured this out and it feels so good. Exercise is the key for me and portion control. Walking 3 miles at a time now, exercise bike 3-5 miles, and lifting weights to gain upper body strength (and lose the wings...lol) I alternate days on walking and riding and do weights every other day. I can tell the weights are working for strength because last year it took me forever to start the lawnmower and this year I can do it in one pull.. lol

Everyone have a good day where ever you are....

*Judy

Stats:
January 2002 278 lbs
June 2002 (today) 226 lbs
Goal (when?) 160 lbs
Old 06-16-2002, 09:25 AM   #118  

congratulations justcuz, 52 lbs, wow, you are doing awesome, good going.

lizzo and tif are away for the weekend.

hope i can get back on track soon, i feel disguted. i usually always feel more yucky on pms anyway, but not eating right makes me feel worse. i will get it together, i have to.

i am going to try to alternate days too, with weights and aerobics, i try to do everything in one day and i think i will do better if i alternate. i will try that starting tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:41 AM   #119  

Angry Good idea

Good idea on alternating. It's a easing in game I think, start out small and build up. I started out walking a mile at a time, then a mile and a half and so on, now I'm up to 3 miles. Weights I started with 2 lb weights, then 3 lb now 6 lbs. I firmly believe that incorporating ANYTHING into your life needs to be done in stages. That goes for food and exercise. I believe in the 21 day rule. Once you've done something regularly for 21 days, it becomes a habit. 21 days is only 3 weeks so if you start small and increase over 3 weeks you will be there.

For food, maybe start out week one, drinking more water 8 glasses a day, week two drink the water and eat your 3-5 servings of fruit and veggies, week three water, fruit and vegies, and cut down on carbs to listed serving sizes... see what I mean? Gradually incorporating something into your life seems to work for most people.

I've tried to lose weight since I was 16 years old (I'm 44 now) and never was able to get there because I was an 'all or nothing' person. Now with the initial guidance of a medical team (I have diabetes) I am able to see the true picture.

It's not going to happen overnight, but if you keep trying everyday and allow yourself to be human (that's the big part lol) you will get there. I used to get discouraged if I didn't lose 3 lbs a week but now I just watch portion size, exercise regularly, and it's melting off of me. If you follow the 'food pyramid' you'll be fine. Like I said, I have diabetes but the meal plan that I'm on is not a diabetic diet, it's a diet that everyone in America should eat!! Actually, it's not a diet at all, it's the way I eat now and will eat for the rest of my life. I still have occasional treats but I have to plan them into my meals and snacks for the day. I'm a chocolate ice cream nut and it's bad for losing weight but I found chocolate fat free frozen yogurt that fills the void quite nicely... heehee. 1/2 cup doesn't sound like much but in comparison to NONE, it's a lot...!!!

Have a good day and don't be too hard on yourself, enjoy life!
You're determined to do it this time and I am sure you will. One day at a time!

*Judy
Old 06-16-2002, 09:56 AM   #120  

Hi ladies, just checking in. I've been sick the past few days. And I think it's actually been a good thing for me. Before I got sick my plan was really suffering. I guess this is what I needed to get me back on track. I am feeling much better and with that is a new motivation. I believe I wouldn't have ever started feeling bad if I were eating the proper foods. I am looking foward to getting off work today and taking a nice walk with my dog. That's all I have, have a great Sunday girls!
Closed Thread