General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #151  
Addicted to potato salad!

Antonella is awful. I can't believe she made it through Hollywood. The vote for the worst site is, of course, their favorite...that and her nudie shots on the internet, I think, are keeping her in the competition.

Sanjaya would be a great addition to any high school drama club for their musical...but that's where his talents come to a screecing halt.

They both, though, have great teeth and should work for Crest as White Strip models. As for American Idol, neither one belong there.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 AM   #152  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
They both, though, have great teeth and should work for Crest as White Strip models. As for American Idol, neither one belong there.
hahaha, so true!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #153  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Another great night for the girls. The boys must really worry when they listen to them sing.

I agree Antonella and Haley should leave however we'll have to wait until tonight.

I hate to sound like Randy but she was so pitchy and very bland.

I love Melinda and Lakisha. I'm sure both of them will do very well whoever wins.

Did you watch Gary?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #154  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I did watch CLYDEGIRL...and I just loved the short dresses, long legs and tall boots with ANTONELLE and SABRINA and I though HALEY was just as gorgeous...and boy didn't they sing like ANGELS?

LILLYBELLE ~ JILLY ~ TECH I may have been a little too hard on Gina and the attitude. I remember the first night the 12 came out, when Simon said what he had to say, If I remember right, she had a smart mouth back to him, I remember Angie, looking up and saying "boy she is rude". Angie doesn't watch the show, she just happened to be in the room reading at the time..I rely on her a lot for my "memory".

My nephew did say that the group he hangs out with at his high school were joking that Gina and that Sanjaya guy could do commercials for Kleenex.

I thought it was interesting that Gina "threw down all her cards" last night with that troll and "what was that? A PICKLE?"...got my sypathy vote! YEA RIGHT! Until I saw she had her dad's fishing net attached to her hand...WHAT THE HECK WAS UP WITH THAT? Boy is her old man gonna be PO'd when he gets out the gear bag for summer!

I say we stop the show now...put MELINDA in and get back to some good old music with re-runs of HAPPY DAYS!..Man! could that POTSY jam!! OH YEA!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #155  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

OK i'm out of the loop today because I missed the show last night and forgot to record it. But I won't miss the elimination round tonight.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #156  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
My nephew did say that the group he hangs out with at his high school were joking that Gina and that Sanjaya guy could do commercials for Kleenex.
Kleenez? I'm not sure I get it
Old 03-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #157  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
I hate to sound like Randy but she was so pitchy and very bland.
I swear, "pitchy” is the only criticism Randy gives for anything, it’s like a blanket statement for anyone who “just wasn’t good enough for me, dog”. I think what he’s trying to say is the person is signing off pitch, but he says things are “pitchy” when they’re not sometimes. I feel like his feedback is generally pretty useless.

It is really astounding how much better the girls are than they guys this season. I can see their numbers dropping rapidly once we enter the final 12 stage.

Antonella needs to get the heck out of this, I don’t know what she’s still doing in it. Last night was one of her better performances, but that isn’t say much. Can’t wait for eliminations tonight.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #158  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I won't be home to watch AI tonite, so someone please post who got sent home so I will know. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #159  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The winner this year SHOULD be Lakisha Jones..just like the winner last year SHOULD have been Chris Daughtry!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #160  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Kleenez? I'm not sure I get it
Hey Jilly ~ because they are always

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananigans View Post
I swear, "pitchy” is the only criticism Randy gives for anything, it’s like a blanket statement for anyone who “just wasn’t good enough for me, dog”. I think what he’s trying to say is the person is signing off pitch, but he says things are “pitchy” when they’re not sometimes. I feel like his feedback is generally pretty useless.

I agree, sometimes it really "pitchys" me off!

It is really astounding how much better the girls are than they guys this season. I can see their numbers dropping rapidly once we enter the final 12 stage.

I don't find it astounding at all. I have ALWAYS liked the girls better...but then I always watch with the TV on mute!

Antonella needs to get the heck out of this, I don’t know what she’s still doing in it. Last night was one of her better performances, but that isn’t say much. Can’t wait for eliminations tonight.
She is just showing off her "assets"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
The winner this year SHOULD be Lakisha Jones..just like the winner last year SHOULD have been Chris Daughtry!!!
That is what my friend JILLYBEAN and I said ALL along last year!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #161  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I heard today that Daughtry's CD went back to #1...boy can I pick them!

I also heard that ANTONELLA was offered $25,000 to host a GIRL'S GONE WILD VIDEO...man I would like to see that...too bad she is sticking to her dreams of being an American Idol...bless her little heart
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #162  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I watched it for the first time this go round, last night. Didn't catch all of it, but boy oh boy that Lakisha was phenomenal. She sounded so professional and poised and experienced. She was great. I can't imagine what would have become of her if she didn't have American Idol. Because regardless of where she places, this girl is going somewhere.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #163  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I can't imagine what would have become of her if she didn't have American Idol.
Funny you should mention that--there are SO many AMAZING singers who audition for American Idol and don't even make it to Hollywood because they don't make it through the producers' cut, so they never even get to audition for the big 3 judges. As much as I enjoy following the people who do make it onto the show, I also purposely don't vote because I know the show is rigged from the start to focus on certain people and to spin some people's journeys in a particular way. Even though the final winner may not be who the producers want, you can bet the top 24 were all hand-picked by producers, not just Simon, Paula, and Randy
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #164  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WHAT?! ANTONELLA GONE?

You gals are right...the show is fixed!

Oh well, from what the media says we'll be seeing much "MORE" of her
Old 03-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #165  
Eating for two!

Well, I was exactly half right. I'd hoped Antonella and the tall black guy (I don't remember his name) would go. However, between Sabrina and Haley--good LORD that was a horrible shock! Sabrina could sing circles around Haley any day of the week. So sad...

As for Sanjaya or Sundance, I was really hoping Sanjaya would get the boot, but then Sundance hasn't been particularly stellar throughout the competition either, so it wasn't quite as much as a shock as the girls' elimination. At least now there are a few in the top 12 that should make voting easier for the next few weeks since they are so weak and will be leaving right away (or at least should be leaving right away)
Closed Thread