Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #286  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

indi, so pleased for you! Did you do a wee dance? Hopefully we will be meeting you in the 120's thread real soon!

wildflower: I took a look as you said, looks good. What kind was the bagel, I mean 100% whole grain etc?

Last edited by bananapancakes; 02-28-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #287  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapancakes View Post
indi, so pleased for you! Did you do a wee dance? Hopefully we will be meeting you in the 120's thread real soon!

wildflower: I took a look as you said, looks good. What kind was the bagel, I mean 100% whole grain etc?
Thanks for looking at my food intake Banana! The bagel was a jeruselum bagel which is just regular white flour I believe with a lot of seseme seeds mixed in. My fiancee brought all these bagels home and I got quite mad about it. Sigh.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #288  
ONe day at a time

S/C/G: 143/136/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
That's a really healthy way of looking at it. I stressed out because I was having lunch last week with a friend and we ordered pizza. Turns out I was able to eat one slice plus a salad. It's good once you realize it's you who has control over the food, not the other way around
I agree completely! I'm getting more confident in myself and in controlling my portions. Also in making better food choices. I feel exactly as you said, Indiblue...me controlling the food, not food controlling me.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #289  
Peace. Love. Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMerch View Post
me controlling the food, not food controlling me.

I was smiling because I thought of something a bit silly that I do. If there is a plate of goodies and I pick something up and almost put it in my mouth before having a "what the **** am I doing?!' moment I say in my head to the food "You don't control me!!". Take that you delicious looking cookie.

Last edited by bananapancakes; 03-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 187/siggy/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapancakes View Post
I was smiling because I thought of something a bit silly that I do. If there is a plate of goodies and I pick something up and almost put it in my mouth before having a "what the **** am I doing?!' moment I say in my head to the food "You don't control me!!". Take that you delicious looking cookie.
I do that when I smell nutella!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #291  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
EmmaD I found the same thing...I took a "break" from mid - December to mid January. I went from 139 to 140, saw a few days at 141, but most were 140. I started back up dieting and went back down to 139 within a week and then to 138 and have now stalled again.
Why are you so upset it was easy to maintain if you were eating whatever you wanted? Or maybe I didn't catch that right?...
I just saw this from last week! I pop in and out of this thread. I have a real problem with getting obsessed with my scale number and letting it determine my mood so I have to keep myself away sometimes and focus on other things.

This WHOLE PROCESS is so frustrating when you feel like you are doing everything right and your body doesn't cooperate. I guess what I was trying to say about being annoyed that I didn't gain any weight in my lackadaisical last two months is that I was comparing it to last year when I became consumed with trying to lose weight and couldn't get below 141 for 6 months. It took me an entire year to lose 15 lbs and I mean it feels like that's ALL I thought about. Of course I am exaggerating but it was very consuming. Then I go off plan for two months - flip-flopping between "trying" to stay on plan and going hog-wild off plan. Too much alcohol. Lots of junk food. No exercise to speak of. And I end up a weight that I had to claw my way to last autumn.

I'm not complaining, I guess I'm just amused (in an eye-rolling kind of way) that no matter what good or bad decisions I think I am making, my body decides in the end what it is going to do and on some level I can't control it. But don't worry - I will keep making the good decisions as much as I can because I am thinking about all kinds of things in addition to weight.

So - I fasted for 36 hours Sun PM-Tues AM and was curious about how that affects my weight, if at all. Unfortunately, I didn't weigh right before, but after I was 133.8 and today 134.2, so still down three pounds from last week (but also being almost completely on plan since then). We'll see what sticks.

I am ramping up back into an exercise plan. My body has gotten very flabby in the last couple of months; probably that contributes to a slightly lower weight. According to my scale (not very accurate), my body fat % has gone up 2%.

For any of you feeling stuck, I ended up breaking my 6-month plateau last year by following the Beck Diet Solution (by Judith Beck), which is not a diet but a program of behavioral changes and a system of accountability that works with any diet plan. My weight dropped immediately when I made some changes such as only eating what I had planned and only eating sitting down and doing ANY kind of exercise every day, etc ... I have checked the book out from the library again to renew my resolve.

Good luck to all of you!! Like I said, I don't really check in here regularly but when I do I am happy to see others going through the same struggles that I am and figuring out solutions.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #292  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
Yes wildflower, I too would substitute complex carbs with fruits and veggies. Or protein. I am a carb lover to the max who never ever considered cutting out carbs. Especially as an Asia-phile whose diet often centers around rice, I often just ignored the whole carbs issue. When I saw no change on the scale and was STILL hungry at the end of the day, I started reducing them, replacing them when possible with eggs, a big salad, a small wedge of cheese. I think it works. Maybe for breakfast try eggs or a small smoothie instead of toast?
I agree with this! When I eat more than 1 serving of grains per day, I can't lose. Wheat is the biggest problem for me (sadly because I love it), brown rice less so... I am still working out what actually works but I have concluded through experimentation that grains are not my friend, weight-wise. I also never would have considered this in the past!!

I have now found that when I eat 40% carbs (around 100-150 g), 30% protein and 30% fat, that is when I feel the best and can drop some weight.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #293  
Peace. Love. Balance

I caved in and weighed myself, I know I said I wouldn't until Friday, but I did.

I'm still sitting at 131.2- blah! But, I did try pants on today that are a wee bit bigger than they were last week or so.

Last edited by bananapancakes; 03-02-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #294  
Yogini

I am so ready for the scale to read 137. OMG, I am so ready!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest! Am I the only one who jumps out of bed in the morning and can't wait to get on the scale hoping for a loss? That's how I was this morning but still saw 138. I just know that 137 HAS to pop up here soon.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #295  
Peace. Love. Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
Am I the only one who jumps out of bed in the morning and can't wait to get on the scale hoping for a loss?
Nope! I'm right there with ya. I actually get excited about weighing, but not so much recently since the scale hasn't been moving much or in the right direction. When I was bigger and the weight came off more consistently I just loved seeing that number drop, I even have the kind of scale that shows ounces because I wanted it to be that detailed, I wanted to see each ounce- I sound utterly obsessed.

I'm rootin' for ya! Maybe, just maybe that 137 will appear when you step on the scale in the morning. I'm absolutely not weighing until Friday and I mean that.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #296  
Yogini

Thanks Banana,

I have a digital scale that flashes numbers back and forth before settling on it's final reading - so I saw 136, 137 and then it settled on 138.2 Close!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #297  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Yeah, some days, that's what gets me out of bed in the morning, or I'd be late! I"m usually excited to see the scale

So TOM started yesterday and I was 137.6 (which is awesome because I"m always up 2+ lbs for TOM). The days following the end of TOM are pretty much the only time I lose weight during the whole month, so I'm looking forward to the scale reading 1-2 lbs lighter in a few days! Woohoo. I will be thrilled if it goes down to 135. I'm so close, but so far! And....I tried on a pair of size 6 pants yesterday, and they FIT, but are a tiny bit too tight!! I"m officially a universal size 8 because size 10's are too big. I always say stuff like, yeah some size 8's fit, but they just run big....but now it's a done deal. Even my new swim suit is a size 8 and fits great. Awesome. So I don't understand why I feel so large and blubbery. ugh I like how I look, so idk. I guess I'm just having a hard time adjusting.

Here's to another healthy day (except for the few bites of dessert I'm planning to have over at a friend's house tonight)!! In about 3 months, I should be in the 120's lol I wish I could lose faster than 1-2 lbs a month, but it is what it is!

Last edited by pinkflower; 03-05-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #298  
Yogini

Awesome pinkflower!

I've been 138.2 for 3 days in a row now...here's to waking up 137 soon!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #299  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

You're so close WF!! Can't wait to read about your success
Old 03-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #300  
Yogini

Thank you!!!
Closed Thread