Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #256  
Ilene the Bean

Bubu congrats on the weightloss !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 152/141/132

Height: 5.4

Good for you bubu!

Tell me more about the dvd you use. I would love to get a few that are worth it for home when I can't get to the gym (I am home with my 4yr old and some days I just don't get my act together or have the time to do it). I did do the beachbody ones way back when I was first trying to lose weight after him but I was really unfit then and about 20lb heavier so I am looking for something a bit more strenuous. If it can be done in a small space even better...
linniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #258  

...and Hi Kilketay! I have 3 boys, 13, 10 and 4.... know all about that babyfat. My weight does not budge when I breastfeed... in fact I put on weight!! so I know the feeling...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linniet View Post
Good for you bubu!

Tell me more about the dvd you use. I would love to get a few that are worth it for home when I can't get to the gym ...
Thx everyone. You've been really encouraging.
Linniet, are you asking me? Because my training is not for someone with kids for sure, it is too much. You can have a look at it over here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...72#post2702072 I work out at home too, beside gym, on Jillian Michaels dvds.
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #260  

You're right it is hard to work out with kids but it can be done... I run between 20 and 40 miles a week which I mainly do in the evenings with a trackgroup and over the weekends in about 3 to 4 sessions - my problem is getting to the gym and doing my weight workout in addition to that as the babysitting times are not convenient for me... so I am looking for a resistance type dvd that is not too involved but packs a punch in about 45 minutes....without tons of equipment. I will check out the dvds, thanks so much
Old 04-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linniet View Post
You're right it is hard to work out with kids but it can be done... I run between 20 and 40 miles a week which I mainly do in the evenings with a trackgroup and over the weekends in about 3 to 4 sessions - my problem is getting to the gym and doing my weight workout in addition to that as the babysitting times are not convenient for me... so I am looking for a resistance type dvd that is not too involved but packs a punch in about 45 minutes....without tons of equipment. I will check out the dvds, thanks so much
The 30Day Shred is 20 min, and really works you out! You need a mat and some light hand weights. The other two are longer (Boost Metabolism, and Trouble Zones). It is hard at the beginning, but you gain resistance in time. It is a circuit training, no rest.

I would say you don't have to make it at the gym, use your kids as fun work out. Do squats with them, lift them, put them down many times, carry them on your back, stuff like that Many of my friends that had babies are now in great shape, after less then 1 year, because they used this method. And trust me, your kids will enjoy being thrown up and caught, left and right I love it too lol when my hubby started doing that with me after he gained some strength :P

Last edited by Bubu; 04-17-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

Linniet....I just found this thread and am joining when I get the moment to write my WHOLE story. For now, though, I wanted to tell you that I too gain weight while breastfeeding. I hated that. I stayed pretty fit during my 2nd pregnancy, only gaining 17 pounds and after my milk came in, I ballooned....in 1 lousy week.
Will post more complete story soon....hoping tonight.
risab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 125/115 takes forever

Height: 5'-3"

Finally found the place I belong!

yeah, the last 10 lbs seems to be a dream!

I am 5'-3", 125lbs, size 2 or 4. my heaviest was 144 lbs when I was 23, started diet and exercise and got down to my lightest at 114lbs in 6 months, that was of course where I want to be now though it was 14 years ago. After marriage and two boys now I am stuck at 125lbs! even with all the exercises.

I will be happy if I can be 115 lbs again, my dream would be 105 lbs, then I would be a real feather. I want to be a size 0!

Last edited by ling; 05-04-2009 at 07:43 PM.
ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling View Post
Finally found the place I belong!

yeah, the last 10 lbs seems to be a dream!

I am 5'-3", 125lbs, size 2 or 4. my heaviest was 144 lbs when I was 23, started diet and exercise and got down to my lightest at 114lbs in 6 months, that was of course where I want to be now though it was 14 years ago. After marriage and two boys now I am stuck at 125lbs! even with all the exercises.

I will be happy if I can be 115 lbs again, my dream would be 105 lbs, then I would be a real feather. I want to be a size 0!
Yeah, the last 10 to be a dream I find being the hardest lol.

Wow, a size 0? I always wondered how that would be, but with my 5'8" and larger hip bones, I would look anorexic .
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #265  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey Everyone. I'm Mary and I'm in my 30's.

I remember being bigger than other girls in 4th grade. I was pretty thin by the time I entered high school and throughout most of college. I gained weight after marrying. After I gave birth to my first daughter (weighed in at 222 that morning) I went through moderate post-partum and dropped to 165. I went on meds and gained the weight back! YIKES.

This is the first time I have lost this amount of weight and absolutely the first time to ever do it conciously. Sure, I tried diets but never stuck with them long enough to make a difference. I have decided I want my life to be GOOD. I don't know how much time I have left here (none of us do) but whatever time it is, I WANT IT TO BE GOOD! So, I am retraining myself to take care of ME first to always dance like no one is watching.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-07-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 151/129/115

Height: 5'2

been lurking for about a month on this forum and have finally decided to post an intro. I'm 5'2 and currently 129 lbs. I was about 150 lbs at my highest and my goal is to be lean at 115 lbs. I have a pretty active lifestyle. i train in martial arts 5 days a week and lift weights between 2-3x a week. I put on a fair amount of muscle and have made some pretty wicked strength gains since i started lifting. i can now squat (full range of motion) and bench my own body weight and can dead lift 10 lbs over 1.5x my body weight. unfortunately, i still suffer from massive thigh syndrome and a little pudge in the belly that doesnt seem to want to vacate. I started the low carb plan with Diet to Go about 2 weeks ago and am hoping to lose at least 5 lbs by July. I think I am going to add some running to my exercise routine...blargh! i just hope i can find a way to get back down to being a true size two with normal sized thighs! I know that i looked best in my early 20's when i was walking around at about 105 lbs...but i didnt have much muscle at all on me. I think that 115 would be ideal for me and look forward to getting there without having to sacrifice too much muscle. i love being strong!!!

Last edited by klementine; 06-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
klementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #267  
PPP

S/C/G: 173/171/158

Height: 5' 7"

Hello, my name is Paula and I'm new here.
My Story? Well, I decided to start posting because I'd been ignoring my weight for awhile and my weight has once again gotten over 170.

I put my goal weight at 158 lbs because that's the top of the "normal" range for my height but I doubt that I'll ever make it there. I know, that's a horrible defeatist attitude to be taking when starting out but in the past I can't seem to get below 165 lbs. I get stuck and then I loose heart and fall off the wagon. I did get back down to 128 after the birth of my first son (I've got two sons ages 22 and 18) but I know that is totally an unrealistic weight for me at the age of 45.

Falling off the wagon involves things like making fondue or other fat laden foods. Ugh! I love to eat, cook, entertain, and being acknowledged as a “good cook” is a large part of my identity so that’s not always compatible with my weight loss goals. The saying “Never Trust a Skinny Cook” has always resonated with me. My attitude is not helping me and I need to work on that.

I've also got back, neck, and wrist problems that make the process of losing weight more difficult. I hate to even tell people about them because I sound like the biggest Waaa Baby ever but I'm pretty messed up with chronic pain from disk degeneration, and scar tissue in my back and neck, and painful tendonitis in my hands and wrists. Exercise sets everything off so I do it as carefully as possible keeping in mind all the advice from my physical therapist bit it still aggravates things. Oh well, that's my cross to bear.

For years I went to Weight Watchers and have also done South Beach. I am well versed in weight loss research and know what I need to do but have a hard time actually doing it. I've got a rebellious side and a "let's party" attitude so it's easy for me to get off track.

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and staying motivated to do what I know I need to do.

Last edited by PPP; 06-30-2009 at 05:35 PM.
PPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

I just came on board and posted my first post yesterday. My story is pretty short and sweet. I'll be 34 next month and currently weigh 135 at 5'7". I was always a skinny kid - wore "slims" all through grade school and was always one of the skinniest kids through high school and college - was 105# when I started my first job. I always ate what I wanted and never 'exercised' although I was active. After a while in the 'real world' I ended up at 125 and a few years later 135. Then I had a baby girl and gained 35 more lbs. Post Pregnancy I was 148 and stayed that way for about a year. Over the last 9 months I gradually dropped down to 137 and just last week down to 135. My goal is to be back at 125. I really just want to get rid of the pudge around my belly and the cottage cheese on my thighs, which 125 would take care of. I've never really dieted or exercised more than two days in a row - I am fast to fall off the wagon (this is where you all come in! I need held accountable!) - but I've already kept up my 2-4mile daily walks (with some jogging) for over a week - which is a record for me. I'm finding out that I cannot "take a day off" or I never start back up. I want to get to where I can jog the whole 2-4 miles instead of walk, jog, but mostly walk. I've given up on "dieting" since I know I won't stick to it anyway, so instead I'm just trying not to eat as much crap and eat more fruits and veggies instead. I also plan to add in pilates and strength training (from my array of videos that I never used!) to strenghten my core and upper body. That's pretty much it! I look forward to losing with you all!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

HELLO! I can not believe I am actually posting in the FEATHERWEIGHTS!!!!! I am 26 (turned 2 days ago). To date I have lost 49 pounds, has taken me a year. But I am here. i am 2 pounds from my original goal of 165 and I have now decided I want to lose about 15 more pounds to be satisfied ......so here I am. I run about 20-25 miles a week and I am going to purchase that 30DS to help with my strength training. I do attempt to lift weight at the gym but for whatever reason after my run I am like whatever I will do it nextime.....My goal is to add more strength training past my push ups....
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #270  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Wow some incredible stories on here

Age is causing me issues now which is why I joined, menopause is apon me, or will be soon. I'm packing on a few pounds around my mid section which I don't like at all. I'm a featherweight when it comes to losing but it's hard because I usually only ever go up or down 5 pounds.
I feel like my body has become a stranger to me.
I've had 3 children and gained 25 pounds with each, losing it afterwards.

My belly is stretching out now which is concerning me, I know it's been stretched out 3 times already and can do it again.
This is what is scaring me the most, can I get my almost flat belly back?

I don't know if I can fight the fight needed against aging and all that it entails.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote