Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Default New featherweight to the flock

Hey fellow featherweights!

I just joined today and thought I would add my story so that I can feel a bit more involved.

Well, two years ago I hit 180lbs. That was when I decided to take my weight seriously and do something about it. It sounds silly, but reaching 180lbs was my moment of realisation - I knew that I was getting heavier, but I'd been in denial up to that point as to how bad it had gotten. I still don't understand how it crept up on me like that, but the fact is, I took action.

I started out on the Atkins diet, then when I plateaued at 167lbs and couldn't resist carbs anymore, I went on to the next one, and the next one, and the next one. Each time I lost a few pounds, then plateaued and slowly started gaining again - it was very frustrating! I even tried diet pills and all kinds of exercise regimes, but to no avail!

Eventually I found a plan that worked really well for me, and since then I've managed to drop down to 138lbs. I'm still on the plan, and it's still working well, but I decided that I needed support to keep me going. After losing so much I don't want to start thinking, 'this'll do' and not reach my target weight.

So it's on to losing the last 10lbs and if anyone is in the same boat I'd love to have someone to do this with!

Sarah x
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Sarah!
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 155/139/130ish

Height: 5.5

Hi there,
I just found this site on saturday, and I am so pleased at how much support and info I have already received...

Ok a quick run down;

My name is Lian I am 35 I now weigh 142, 2 years ago I started atkins at that point I was 183, I got down to 125 I think for one day... Then I did the whole should I cheat over christmas thing, well as you can see I did, and that treat went on a little longer than expected.....
So I would like to atleast get to 130 and then go from there.
I had being doing atkins for the last 5 weeks, and nothing no loss at all so I dont know if that lengthy treat just thru my body off plan, but I was so sick of meat and eggs, and was so ready for a change....I was also scared to think, am I going to gain at first with the switch over, but thank goodness as of yet I weigh the exact same as when I started.............I was also very nervous as I didnt have much info, now i have found this site I definately feel more comfortable with my choice, and a friend also gave me a points tracker.....so I am already to get these extra pounds off, and make this a new lifestyle for me, which I am loving so far....................
I want to say congrats to you all, for doing so well and I look forward to chatting with you all, I hope I can give some support also to you.........
Have a good day
xo
Lian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I started posting here a few months ago, then promptly dropped out and gained another five pounds. I've actually avoided this forum on purpose, and have been eating with what can only be described as a vengeance! Vengeance against whom? Me, I guess.
But this is getting bad....not a thing in my closet fits. So here I am, back with tail between legs. Maybe this time, huh?

Last edited by Joan; 04-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #245  
Coloradomom

S/C/G: 147/142/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm 36, and when I got married 13 1/2 yrs ago, I weighed 135. When I had my first kid 10 yrs ago, I gained 30 lbs, went on the Atkins and lost all the weight that I had gained. Baby #2, 6 yrs ago, I was on a restricted diet, because I was borderline glycemic. So, I only gained 11 lbs, and I lost it when the baby was born. I have dieted on and off with eating more veggies, and have gone off and on with a exercise program. I always had a very busy job being a Bakery manager, so ran around for at least 8 hrs, 5 days a week. The last 9 yrs we have bought a motel, and so my lifestyle has changed. We aren't as busy in the winter months, so my weight is harder to control in the winter, and during the summer months I would say just working around the motel, I run like a chicken with it's head cut off. So, I am now weigh in around 145-147. If you look at the height /weight charts, I should weigh between 107-145. I weighed 110 all throughout high school, but we all know that we normally don't get back to that weight. I would like to weigh around 125-130. So, my husband and I are just going to start eating no more than 100 carbs in a day, so we hope this help us both lose weight. My husband needs to lose 50-75 lbs. We both love to eat sweets, and it is hard for both of us to have sweets around, because if it is there, we both eat all of it, in a day. So, wish the best to us both. I found this website about 8 yrs ago, and wrote down recipes, but never stuck to them, so here I am 8 yrs later, trying again. I also would tell myself when I gain the extra 10 lbs, that at least I'm not as fat as that person, or size 10 is average for a lot of people. Every spring I get depressed and want to be able to wear the bikini that everyone else is wearing, but I have never been able to , and then I say it will never happen, and then start eating. Looks like a lot of people here are in the same boat, so the best to all of us.
frustrated mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #246  

Hi Joan and frustrated mom. Welcome back!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #247  

Wink

Ok a better intro...

I have a couple of eating disorders, they're quite dialectic, ranging from Starvation on and off for 3 1/2 years, to a Compulsive Eater. I changed my eating habits last Spring, from Junk food eater and starvation to a much Healthier Choice of foods and not starvation..although I have my relapses like anything. I am a small snacker throughout the day. I live on my own, so I believe that helps.

I still feel like I have no clue of how much to eat, and what I can eat to mix things up a bit. I am not a vegetarian but find that is what I mainly eat. I am not big into breads & pasta's. I find it very difficult to eat meat...or for me just to cook it. I really enjoy meat if someone else cooks it. I love fish.

I know alot like to count calories to keep in tune what they're eating. I also hear there is really no need to do so, I don't even know how much I should be taking in, and whenever I ask for help in that area, I get the, "that's a stupid question..yadda yadda... With running I know I need to consume a fair amount...and yet still wanting to lose weight...ahhhh I am soo frustrated.

Anyhow still dealing with an on-going illness sometimes disrupts my exercise plan, and I just hope I will find the support I need here to keep me going and not get stuck in old behavioral patterns.

Thanks.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 152/141/132

Height: 5.4

Hi all

I also joined a few days ago and much like Joan I lurked for a while... dropped out... now I am back and forcing myself to post every day (not that I don't want to, I just tend to 'pretend' I didn't join on bad days like yesterday....

Struggling with the same 10 or 15 since I have had kids 10 years ago. I tend to be an emotional eater and I am trying to bring the rational back into play here and remind myself that I can reward myself with things other than food, especially on those very frustrated or very tired days....

.... so going on vacation Mid-July for 7 weeks and I want to be 132. a Bit less than what I have managed to do during one of my better phases 5 or 6years ago, but reachable, I believe. That gives me about 13 weeks for roughly 15 or 16 lb.... I hope I can do it!!

I look forward to chatting to all of you frequently and sharing hte ups and downs!
linniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #249  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linniet View Post
Hi all

I also joined a few days ago and much like Joan I lurked for a while... dropped out... now I am back and forcing myself to post every day (not that I don't want to, I just tend to 'pretend' I didn't join on bad days like yesterday....

Struggling with the same 10 or 15 since I have had kids 10 years ago. I tend to be an emotional eater and I am trying to bring the rational back into play here and remind myself that I can reward myself with things other than food, especially on those very frustrated or very tired days....

.... so going on vacation Mid-July for 7 weeks and I want to be 132. a Bit less than what I have managed to do during one of my better phases 5 or 6years ago, but reachable, I believe. That gives me about 13 weeks for roughly 15 or 16 lb.... I hope I can do it!!

I look forward to chatting to all of you frequently and sharing hte ups and downs!
Well I guess we are close in goal. I am also an emotional eater. I am going in vacation in May and I wanna look at my best My Jillian Michaels DVDs arrived today (the shred, the boost metabolism, and trouble zones), can't wait for tomorrow to check them out. I have already lost 4lb on her circuit training from her site in almost 4 weeks now. Hope I can keep up with my knee injury!

Last edited by Bubu; 04-08-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hello all!!!

I've been on 3FC as a pretty active poster for the past year and it's not until Ilene told me I should come over here that I felt I could breach the "featherweight" barrier. It's like my rubber arm was twisted to admit that I may not actually be that far from my goal and I'm facing quite a few problems that you would think a seasoned veteran of weightloss would be able to tackle. Main one being that just because I'm a healthy BMI doesn't mean I can eat and drink whatever I want.

So here i am as a 5'11", 178 lb, featherweight. That's something I never would have thought I'd call myself. lol

I look forward to getting to know you all and really give that last whole-hearted push to achieve the goals we set (and re-set) for ourselves.

prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #251  
Ilene the Bean

preppingbride
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Thumbs up Back Again to Tackle The LAST FIFTEEN

Hi everyone! I was around - mostly lurking, mostly here and in Calorie Counters - back in 2007 and lost the weight I wanted. Then I got pregnant, had a beautiful baby boy in 11/08, and I'm back to take off the final 15 pounds. The last 15 are hard!!

With my first child, I had an issue with gaining weight when I quit breastfeeding ... and I'm almost done with breastfeeding again, so I want to be really on top of it and make sure I LOSE weight, not gain.

I am 35, have two children, a wonderful husband, and three cats. We all live in St. Louis where I work as an IT Project Manager. Work has been busy and that is another challenge to weight loss!

I am a calorie counter and I'm also working through The Beck Diet Solution for added assistance this time. Hope to see you all around!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Kilketay! I used to live in the St. Louis area - I still have a lot of friends & family there. I have to say I think it would be a hard place to lose weight - I totally miss St. Louis style pizza, toasted ravioli, Ted Drewe's...the list goes on & on!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #254  

Welcome back Kilketay and congrats on your 2nd baby!

Girls... since I have been here (5-6 weeks now) I lost half of the lb I had to loose, I have another half and I am gonna reach my gooooooooooal I hope
Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #255  
Ilene the Bean

Kilketay
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote