Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Just how hard is the Video and is it a lot of dancing? I have been doing a video and think I need more of a challenge now but when it has the dancing my lack of co-ordination sometimes gets me off task
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Just how hard is the Video and is it a lot of dancing? I have been doing a video and think I need more of a challenge now but when it has the dancing my lack of co-ordination sometimes gets me off task
Dancing? You mean Zumba? The co-ordination you gain in time, so play the video more times and . Have fun first of all!
This is one of my fav http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Bubu don't be scared of vacation! I should have and definately could have done better. It's not hard. I just decided to give in to the temptation. Plus I was hearing all the "don't worry its only a little bit" or "you'll be back on track when we get home." Next time I will prepare better. I will know how to just aviod all the temptaion. I weighed myself yesterday and I went up 4 pounds! I thought it might be more but still I should have at least stayed the same. Hopefully in a couple days it will be gone. Plus you sound like you have a better idea of what your going into. I didn't know what types of places we were going to be eating at and what I would be able to do as far as exercise.

That stinks about your leg. It's good you are still working out only doing what is comfortable. Your a trooper!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
Bubu don't be scared of vacation! I should have and definately could have done better. It's not hard. I just decided to give in to the temptation. Plus I was hearing all the "don't worry its only a little bit" or "you'll be back on track when we get home." Next time I will prepare better. I will know how to just aviod all the temptaion. I weighed myself yesterday and I went up 4 pounds! I thought it might be more but still I should have at least stayed the same. Hopefully in a couple days it will be gone. Plus you sound like you have a better idea of what your going into. I didn't know what types of places we were going to be eating at and what I would be able to do as far as exercise.

That stinks about your leg. It's good you are still working out only doing what is comfortable. Your a trooper!
Wow, just had a shock ...I've answered you like a few days ago and now I see I didn't actually hit post or smth. And lemme tell you it was a looong response!
Bottom line is I am scared because when I started the gym 3 years ago and loosing the extra weight the 1st time, I didn't get any support at all from my folks. 20lb or more wasn't anything for them. All my relatives insisted I was too skinny (relatives that have pretty much baggage to carry). Oh yeah, this is what I am getting into... I am getting into home tradition of eating and eating and eating, without making any sense, even if it is a holiday (all those cakes and cookies, plus lots of food to waste in you). The problems goes for both of us, me and my hubby. Of course our taste buds and problems come from the family and mostly are emotionally based. Nice huh? We're going back where we have no support but each other. Easy to do it when is just the two of us, but not an entire army of relatives to tempt us and ruin all our work with their "good intentions"!

Regarding my knee, hubby says I should give up working out. I would rather jump in one leg then do that

Last edited by Bubu; 04-05-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #35  

Update for April 06-12, week 4

Measurements:
Bust: 34 1/2
Waist: 28 1/2
Hips/butt: 39 1/2
Thighs: 21 2/3

S/C/G: 158/140/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

So my workout for this week, March 30- April 5

Monday:

Gym:
4 sets of 12/10/8/6 (increase weights/rep)
- CHEST

- BACK (upper, lower)
-ABS

Home:

+JM circuit training level 2

Tuesday
Gym:

-cardio
30min stair climber, 20 min eliptical
+JM circuit training

Wednesday

Gym:

4x12/10/8/6

- ALL LEGS

- BICEPS (forearms too)

- ABS

-badminton

Home:
balance ball

Thursday

Gym:

-Cardio -stair climber

Home
Jilian Michaels Circuit Training

Friday

Gym:

4x12/10/8/6

- SHOULDERS
(trapezius too)
-TRICEPS

-ABS

Home:

Saturday

JM 30DS

Sunday
tennis
swimming

Last edited by Bubu; 04-13-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #36  

So I thought I would share with you my experience with JM new video. I was at Borders the other day and saw her new videos. I've been wanting them and decided that I would get them. I had a coupon too. I did the Fat Burning Metabolism one yesterday. My dvd player is weird once in a while it skips the menu and goes right to the workout. I just assumed there was only one way to do the video. I started the workout and it seemed pretty manageable. As the circuits went on there got harder. By the end of the workout I was huffing and puffing out of breath and I was soaked with sweat!

Now I realized later that you can do as many circuits as you want. Which is nice if your just starting out or are short on time. But the whole video was great. It really challenged me. I would recomend this to anyone.

I bought the No more truoble zones as well. I'm going to give that a wirl tonight if I can. I'm feeling a little sick. Might be the stomach bug. If I have the energy I will and will let you know how it goes.

Her new book came out yesterday. Anyone planning on getting it?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I bought both of those dvd and wow am I sore most of the time. I try to alternate each DVD but each day I do a little bit better and I am proud of myself for exercisiong 6 days in a row!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
I bought both of those dvd and wow am I sore most of the time. I try to alternate each DVD but each day I do a little bit better and I am proud of myself for exercisiong 6 days in a row!!!
Good jobMy dvds arrived today, I am so happyyyyyyy, can;t wait to take a peek on them
Old 04-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #39  

Mommyofsix ~ Thats great you did 6 days in a row! Those videos are hard! I did both of them twice this week and I can really feel it! I'm hoping that the last 20 pounds will come off easier by doing this video along with my eating.

They mostly cardio video has me gasping for air throughout the video. Honestly I don't know how I make it through those 45 minutes!

BTW has anyone picked up Jillian's new book? I read some reviews online about it. Its basically about eating organic non-proccessed foods with emphasis on no chemicals. Sounds good but I think I will pass on buying the book. From what the reviews said its basically a clean eating plan and some advice on vitamins and other suppliments we should take. (ex. bee pollen) I can get information on that for free online. Nothing significant on the exercise either. It sounds similar to her other stuff. Especially the Making the Cut eating plan. Anyways....
Old 04-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #40  

Quote:
Mommyofsix ~ Thats great you did 6 days in a row! Those videos are hard! I did both of them twice this week and I can really feel it! I'm hoping that the last 20 pounds will come off easier by doing this video along with my eating.

They mostly cardio video has me gasping for air throughout the video. Honestly I don't know how I make it through those 45 minutes!

BTW has anyone picked up Jillian's new book? I read some reviews online about it. Its basically about eating organic non-proccessed foods with emphasis on no chemicals. Sounds good but I think I will pass on buying the book. From what the reviews said its basically a clean eating plan and some advice on vitamins and other suppliments we should take. (ex. bee pollen) I can get information on that for free online. Nothing significant on the exercise either. It sounds similar to her other stuff. Especially the Making the Cut eating plan. Anyways....
I was thinking the same of the book...I had my hints on it.

Anyways...I tried on Saturday the 30 DS and oh boy if I wouldn't have made JM circuit training on her site, I think I would have died. Level 1 is just 20-30 min or am I wrong? I find it very high heart rating, but just 20min? With the JM circuit training on her site the 1st level was kinda 50 min-1h (5 circuits, 3 exercises /circuit, 3 sets), level 2 was about 1h and 15min...and I am starting level 3 today and after I saw the exercises (like 5 circuits of 5 exercises each, 2 sets) I might think it will be around 1h30min I guess the Shred raises time with the levels too? I have one more week of JM site (that will be a total of 5 weeks) and I am very pleased with the results . Didn't follow the food plan, I make my own food plan, depending on what I craved for ...but in try to keep it in a healthy range of proteins/carbs/fat and calorie intake versus burning through the day.
I am also pleased with the endurance it gave me. I already have a knee injury and I still exercised. It is almost healed, I do wear a knee support on the right. But on Saturday I fell on the steps in the house that are pretty steep and hit my left leg on the bone, the tibia. Boy I have a nod, and stayed all night with ice on it (the left), and warming pad on my already injured knee (the right) that started to hurt again. The good news is that Sunday, beside a nice bump and shade on my tibia, and pain at touching, I was perfectly fine so we went to play tennis. Without the JM exercises I think my injury would have been a lot worse. So the joints gained resistance at higher impact.

I have changed my gym workout today on a circuit training, and my hubbys too, oh boy he was sweating so much in just 30 min =)) I am staying on the JM site one more week and then I am off to the Shred, Trouble Zones or something. I have started at 145lb 5 weeks ago and now I am 138.5 (this is with Easter food lol that made me panic all weekend). I am getting close to my goal and I hope I will succeed. Never would have done it without this forum motivation!

Last edited by Bubu; 04-13-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #41  

Update for April 13-19, week 1

Measurements:
Waist: 27 2/3
Hips/butt: 39 1/4

S/C/G: 158/138.5/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

So my workout for this week, April 13-19

Monday:

Gym:
-circuit training: legs+abs 30min

-cardio: badminton 20min

Home:

+JM circuit training level 3

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: chest+ abs 35min

-cardio - strair treadmill+treadmill very brisk walk 20min

-badminton 20min

Home:

+JM circuit training

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders+abs 30min

-cardio -stair treadmill 25min

Home: JM day off
Out: tennis 60min

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: biceps, back+abs 35min

-cardio -stair treadmill

-badminton 15min

Home

Friday

Gym -circuit training: biceps+triceps

-cardio stair treadmill

Home:

Out: tennis 1h

Saturday

-
tennis 1h

Sunday

tennis 30min
swimming 30min

Last edited by Bubu; 04-19-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #42  

Bubu ~ WOW!!! I can't believe you are still pushing through with the knee problem! Major props for the effort and the weight loss! The 30 DS is a lot harder as far as getting your heart rate up and keeping it high than her other circuits. Her new videos are not easy, in fact they are very challenging but there is a little more rest and your heart rate is high but not quite as high. I like the 30 DS now as a quick workout if I don't have 50 minutes to do the other videos. I love, Love, LOVE her new videos! I like that they are more than 30 minutes and are challenging now that I am more fit.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time I woke up and looked at my body in the mirror and thought, "wow I'm starting to look skinny!" The intense exercise has paid off. I did lose all the vacation weight plus one extra pound so I'm getting more motivated! I can definately see the definition in my body more now. I'm so excited to see how the next few weeks go.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #43  

Quote:
Bubu ~ WOW!!! I can't believe you are still pushing through with the knee problem! Major props for the effort and the weight loss! The 30 DS is a lot harder as far as getting your heart rate up and keeping it high than her other circuits. Her new videos are not easy, in fact they are very challenging but there is a little more rest and your heart rate is high but not quite as high. I like the 30 DS now as a quick workout if I don't have 50 minutes to do the other videos. I love, Love, LOVE her new videos! I like that they are more than 30 minutes and are challenging now that I am more fit.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time I woke up and looked at my body in the mirror and thought, "wow I'm starting to look skinny!" The intense exercise has paid off. I did lose all the vacation weight plus one extra pound so I'm getting more motivated! I can definately see the definition in my body more now. I'm so excited to see how the next few weeks go.
Thx Kritter!
I am so pissed off now . I am very tired because of all the new workout at the gym (changed it to circuit at the gym too, with weights and machines and cables and all), I sweat really good and get all red (and yeah ppl do stare too much ), but the thing that got me mad was that I left my 30 ds Shred in the dvd player since Saturday, and when I wanted to play it again and then change and see the BM and the NMTZ the dvd player refused to open. So hubby got back the dvd player to Brandsmart and demanded the money back on the 30day shred, and they refused to do it or open the dvd player, because they will send it to the manufacturer. F*** my life, if I knew they are gonna do that, I would have smashed the dvd player myself, and don't give it back, but recover my JM 30ds And now ask me (or hubby) where is the remote control from the old dvd player we have? It's been lost for a while.
Sorry, I am too grumpy today (I got just 4-5h of sleep, and that is almost on a daily basis). I will pull it out somehow I will order 30ds shred again, and a new dvd player. As you say Kritter, this week has been the 1st time I looked in the mirror and noticed my hips more into shape and smaller, so at least that is good news . I am really trying and next week is gonna be my challenge week, as the "happy" days of the month are near (and I will feel bad, as I usually do). I am telling you, this forum if one of the major things that keeps me going, and motivates me (beside the fact that I "hate, hate, haaaaate" JM and her body), because I know I am not alone!

ps: I saw someone at my gym doing JM circuit training, I think from the site, she had printed papers So JM rocks!

Last edited by Bubu; 04-17-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #44  

Update for April 20-26, week 2

Measurements:
Waist: 27 2/3
Hips/butt: 39

S/C/G: 158/137.5/132 (or any to get me under my size 8 butt)

So my workout for this week:

Monday:

Gym:
-circuit training: legs+abs 30min
-stair treadmill 20min
-badminton 20min

Home:

+JM circuit training level 3

Tuesday
Gym:
-circuit training: chest+ abs 35min

-cardio - strair treadmill 30min
-badminton 15min

Home:
+JM circuit training

Wednesday

Gym:

-circuit training: shoulders+abs 30min

-cardio -stair treadmill 40min

Home: JM day off

Thursday

Gym:

-circuit training: biceps, back+abs 35min

-cardio -stair treadmill

-badminton 15min

missed the gym, fell asleep ->
Home
Jilian Michaels web site Circuit Training
+ a few circuits from NMTZ+Out:tennis 60min

Friday

Gym

-circuit training: biceps+triceps

-cardio stair treadmill 40min

Home:

Saturday

-
cardio 40min tennis

Sunday
swimming40min

Last edited by Bubu; 04-29-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #45  

That really sucks about your DVD player!!! I would have smashed it! But you have to salvage the 30 DS!

Thats funny you saw someone at the gym doing the JM workout! And I definately agree with the hate towards her body. I mean come on what female has a body like that?! In her new videos she looks even more buff and toned!! Its ridiculous! And the other girls in the video... pshh forget it!

Well thank god my plateau has ended! I lost 2 pounds last week and 1 more so far this week! I haven't been this weight for 3 years! I just have to keep up whatever I'm doing.

I agree with the way this forum has helped! I really am thankful for all the support and tips that people have given me since I started on here. Its really kept me on track and held me accountable! Plus its a great resource to get info on new workout videos, books and other diet/workout related material.