3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #271
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

AR4life I'm 52 if I can do it so can you!!!

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #272

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi!

I *guess* I qualify here, but it sure doesn't feel like it. :P

It doesn't feel like I only have 13 pounds to lose. My goal isn't super low I suppose, but it is within my healthy weight range (at 5'8").

I surely hope these last 13 pounds leave from my waist area! Everything else on my body is getting smaller while my waist has (seemingly) decided to stay put!

I am comfortabley in Size 12; however, Size 10s fit me in the legs but not in the tummy. I can't wait to see where I end up at 160lb. I think I'll be a Size 10, but who knows how these last pounds will affect me. I have no idea!

Ultimate Goal = 160
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #273

Smile

I don't think I exactly qualify for "Featherweight" status. Perhaps more welter or middleweight.

I've recently crossed the line from chunky/could stand to lose 40 pound to more like "needs to lose at least 50 pounds/not just chunky anymore". Stress eating, mostly. I've had friends say "oh, it's hard when you get older to keep the pounds off." Well, I don't know about that 'cuz every single time I've ever really gained weight, I knew exactly what I'd done. Overate. I've never been in a position where I was like "What HAPPENED? How did I do this?"

I think I lose weight fairly well when I stop messing around and just behave. Unfortunately, my appetite seems to have increased. It's probably mostly psychological.

So anyway, I'm wanting to just cut the crap and stop with the gain/lose weight merry go round. It's silly, it's not good for my health, not good for my vanity and it needs to stop. I've lost about 7 or 8 pounds in the last 4 weeks- and this is the point where I tend to rest on my laurels and forget the whole thing. This time, I'm not going to do that.

I haven't gotten on a scale because I know it would just really piss me off, but I am very sure that I need to lose about 50 pounds to not be considered overweight and 65, maybe, to look the way I'd like. It can be done.

One thing I need to do is get back to the gym. I do have a membership. I haven't gone in ages. My job has just been sucking the life right out of me. I love the job, but it's very busy and I don't put in just 40 hours a week. But the gym is 1 mile from my house and I need to make the time. So I will start doing that within a week. (I'm getting over a bad cold right now)

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I've been looking at this forum, and it's pretty rad.
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #274
Ilene the Bean

Cali and BlondeWoman

You both belong here if you are comfortable with us

Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #275

Smile

This seems like a really great forum with something for everyone.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #276

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default brand new!

Hi everyone,
I have been slowly putting on a few pounds and I need a little support to get myself back on track. I am a late-night, emotional eater. I hope to lose about 10 lbs by late November.
Karen
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #277
Ilene the Bean

KarenLee ... You've come to right place...

Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #278

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Cali and BlondeWoman

Thank you! You guys are fantastic.

Ultimate Goal = 160
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #279

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Hello! This looks like a good place for me! I've got 20 lbs or so left to lose. Honestly I would be happy with just 10 lbs. I lost a bunch of weight (30 lbs or so) after my last baby but I've been stuck for the past year. I'm not out of shape and exercise a lot, pretty motivated with that but I suck at eating. I feel like I have a mental block on those last pounds and I'm trying to figure out how to push past it!
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Cali and BlondeWoman

Hi,

Ok, I've been posting and reading here a few weeks now and am really liking this forum. I wanted to say a few more things in intro:

I'm 52 and am (other than being overweight) in good health and have a baby face and very little grey in my hair. I wear casual stuff a lot and when I go dressy, I go pretty fashionable, so in general, I sport a fairly young look. Most people think I'm in my late 30s.

I'm a bit weird about weighing myself. Years ago I did so and did it obsessively. Like a couple or more times a day. I decided to stop that as the numbers were making me crazy. I know that just about everyone here charts their progress by their weight and that they use those great ticker tape things and I think that's great. I just don't want to make myself crazy about numbers again. Believe me, I can tell when I'm too heavy. And yes, I'm too heavy.

My guess is that I was probably just over 200 when I started dieting the week after Labor Day. I was a 14-16. I'm 5'6".

Since Labor Day I've gone down over a dress/pants size. I'm wearing mostly 12s now with a couple 14s that run small. My diet consists of counting calories as best I can (it's harder with restaurant meals) and just really cutting back. I am sticking to it and the only "cheats" I've been doing have been little ones and not binges. I haven't binged since Labor Day weekend.

I've started working out. I did not start this right awy- though I probably should have. I wanted to get used to dieting first. The dieting has been going so well that I felt very confident and so I've been working out for a little over a week. My only set back is that I overdid Sunday, and did as much as I used to and I ended up having to give myself an extra day between workouts because I was DYING. I've been going to the gym and lately have started walking there (it's just a tiny bit under 1 mile each way). I've been adding exercises (weight equipment) into my workout little by little and increasing (one or two minutes at a time) time on the treadmill. Sunday I added a long walk that night in addition and that's what caused my body to go "What are you DOING? I hate you!" so I'm going to just go back to the gym workouts and walking to it and wait before adding in the long walks I've always loved so much.

I doubt that I could have lost too much over 20 pounds but I already have more energy and my morale is high.

Anyway, I know this is chatty but I hadn't posted in a while and I thought I'd drop in and say hi and kind of give a progress report.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE reading the posts here, my favorite is the mini goals section.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #281

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeWoman View Post

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE reading the posts here, my favorite is the mini goals section.
Welcome back

About the weighing stuff, whatever works for you. You don't need a scale, if measurements are best for you or anything that is good on your end. We have different needs and ways of doing things. My husband is obsessed with the scale on a daily basis, I on the other hand started weighing myself every week, then 2 weeks, and 1x/ month in the end. Just keep up the good work and progress, that's the important stuff

Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #282

Smile

Thanks, Bubu. I plan to post some pix pretty soon. I neglected to take a nice plain before pic before September, but I do have one taken two years ago that I think will do just fine and then maybe have a quick one taken of things as they stand now.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #283

Height: 5'6

Hello Everyone!

I am so glad to have found this because this is definitely where I fit in! i am a college student who has gotten out of shape due to emotional eating. But I'm ready and motivated to not let that control my life and do something about it! i would like to lose about 10 lbs, maybe more. Weight doesn't matter so much to me as I feel healthy and comfortable about my body. I guess I just need help dealing with dealing with emotionally eating and some overall lifestyle changes. Any advice, let me know!

Good Luck to Everyone!!
dreamer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #284
Kablooie

S/C/G: 219/148/130

Height: 5'5''

Hello all, I'd like to share my story. I was directed to the featherweights section because I don't have too far to go.

I started my weight loss change in 2005, at 219 lbs and at a size 16. Sometime in late 2006 or early 2007 I clocked in at 135 lbs and at that weight i wore a size 0/2 (0 in the brands that carry larger sizes, 2 in all others). I also went from being unable to fast walk a mile to running several marathons.

Then I lost my steam and was back up to 160 lbs.

I re-started my journey again at 160 lbs on August 10th. I have been keeping a food journal, started jogging again. I am now at 147 lbs, size 4/6 (lost 1 lb this week!) and I have 12 lbs to go. It's so slow, I keep hitting obstacles (cake, for example).

But I refuse to stop. I will get back down to 135, maybe even 130 if possible. And this time, I will never let myself go again!

Wish me luck yall.
kablooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #285
Once and for all believer

Height: 5'5''

Default Hello everyone :)

Hi everyone!

I love to see all the posts! I've been looking for an online support group for a while and this one looks very promising

Anyway, I've been chubby all my life, always carrying an extra 25 lbs. It was very very hard growing up overweight, especially during my teen years. My mom, who's been through the same rollercoster herself, took me to a pediatrician when I was 10, to help me control my weight. Now, 14 years and many miles later, I feel almost in complete control of my weight.

It's been a very challenging mental journey. I've seen psychologist and nutritionist for years and I've learnt a lot about myself, my struggle and how I don't need to follow the same road my mom followed.

So, to wrap it up, I'm 5'5'' tall and 150lbs. Barely within the "healthy" range. I feel comfortable in my skin and I don't have self steem issues anymore. However, I've come this far, I know it's time to get to business and lose the last 10/15 lbs and finally grow up and leave all those inhibitions and issues behind. The way I look at it, I feel like being overweight is something my childhood self needed, but my current self doesn't anymore.

However, old habits die hard or something like that, and losing these last lbs is proving very difficult. I'd love your help

Thanks for reading!
ALO22 is offline   Reply With Quote