Old 04-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #91  

Default Hi!

a quick pop in to say hi ! went to Washington Palm Sunday weekend it was awesome seeing all the memorials and watching the cherry blossom parade. Had an awesome time. Sorry no time to catch up. Gotta leave for work just finally got reg. e-mail read someday life will slow down.. In my prayers though. Pray you all had a blessed Easter..
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #92  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning all!
I love it here and thanks for all the positive notes, feedback etc! Hooya!
I did get an e-mail this morning, so hope that continues. That makes me feel better, knowing I'm not the only one who "forgets" things...passwords, where I put stuff, my name, words I'm trying to say and someone has to fill in the gap. I did hear that our brains, like computers will often hit a glitch and need rebooting.......mine is rather slow to do that some days!

I'm back on the wagon and getting my house in order. My Spiritual house needs attention first, as when I am unbalanced there....the rest of my life follows!
I'm not sure where I got off track, I just know it's been about 3-4 weeks I've floundered about and not put forth my best efforts. It's like I say about my housekeeping....."when my place is a mess, I Feel like one".......and I've felt like a mess for awhile! I'm shaking off the sand from the sandbox, tho, and getting up and out of it!

Have a blessed day all....I'll be joining with you in prayer for each one here and each one represented by us. Family, friends, neighbors.......etc.

Love and hugs,
Bren

Last edited by Blondee51; 04-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #93  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning, and what a beautiful morning it is.

Wilma, No I did not duck low enough, I got that cold right between the eyes. Head stuffed, nose stuffed, and tummy stuffed. I made a glorious penne pasta with spicy coutry sausage and Champange cheddar and a Mexican cheese called Manchego ( instead of Parmesan) with my homemade tomato, basil, and garlic sauce. Now did I really think I could make this and not eat any. LOL Not a chance, hence the stuffed tummy and right before WI day. What was I thinking, Duhhh, not thinking. But it was soooo gooood.
Well if the scale does not move, I have no one to blame but ME!!

Hi Sue, glad to see ya. Glad you enjoyed your Easter weekend and the Chery Blossoms, beautiful aren't they?

Bren, glad you remembered to come back today. LOL Talk about forgeting stuff, not only my password, I have picked up the remote before and put it to my ear to answer the phone, looked for the dish cloth and it was in the fridge. No darling, you are not alone. Happy to know you are back on the wagon, and you are so right, first things first and then the rest will follow. Been there too.

Well it is beautiful her today so I am gonna get my butt in gear and go outside and find something to get into.

Have a great fun filled and trully blessed day.

Ags
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is the day the Lord hath made let us rejoice and be glad in it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #95  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Thanks Aggie for my first outloud laugh of the day!! That's so funny! the dish cloth in the fridge! I'm so sorry you picked up the cold. Those things latch on quick, don't they?? I'll be praying for speedy recovery for you. Oh my.....your pasta dish sounds so good!

I got some marked down jalapeno cheddar sausage and seasoned chicken breast at HEB the other day. I do love a bargain! I grilled some of the chicken last night for dinner on my GF grill.

Gonna run and maybe do some work related stuff! Be blessed......and rest in Jesus today!
Bren
Old 04-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #96  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Friends! At least I think it's still morning-been working on paperwork and lost track of the time.

Bren-missed saying it earlier, but glad you're back! This really is a great place for support-I can't believe how everyone here has helped me along the way. About your password/login/memory issue, we also found that there was no way for us to remember all those login passwords, etc that we have, so we got a box for 3" x 5" index cards and keep in in the top drawer of our computer desk. Each site that requires passwords has it's own index card and we got alphabetical dividers to keep them in order, so now, when we can't remember the login info, we can just pull out the box and look it up. We have also put most of them in our password manager on the browser program on the computer, so most of them, the computer just fills in for us (but you would only want to do that on a home computer, not one that's shared with other people). Before this, we had sticky notes aaaallllllllllll over the wall by the computer to try to keep track of all those silly passwords!

Wilma-here's a to help you get better. I'm just convinced it's a spring thing. Every year, there's a new wave of ills passed around as soon as warmer weather hits-doesn't make sense to me at all . Best wishes for your class next week. You'll do fine!

Sue-hope your life slows down some so you can relax a bit!

Gary-I agree with the others about how nice it is to hear from you more frequently. I thought Angie and you looked really nice in your newest photo!

Aggie-Your day will come and then you'll be amazed at how many clothes you need! I somehow managed to shrink out of many summer items before I actually got to wear them much (too small last summer and too big and sloppy now I had worn them 2 or 3 years ago, before I hit my highest weight, though, so they weren't new, just not worn much. Now, I need shorts, but can't find any in the stores. All they have are capris and they look really dumb on me since I'm so short. Oh, well......

Bev- I know it's not what you were hoping for with Dennis, but if you keep praying and focused on God, I know His will will be done in the situation. How are your classes going in the midst of the turmoil? Prayers for you and your mom and family.

Hi to everyone else,too! You are all in my prayers each day. Keep up the great work, both spiritually and physically, and have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, I have strawberries on my few strawberry plants !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #98  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, just a quick fly-by tonight! I worked late, then had a flat on the scooter Got it home (DS2 came and picked us up) and tried to change the tire. Gonna have to wait for DH, I'm afraid. I can't get the tire off the rim.

Got some raking and gardens cleaned, then some cleaning done. I'm sure enjoying this beautiful weather!!!

Loved reading everyone's posts! Prayers are continuing for each of you.
Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #99  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening guy and dolls,

This evening's WI went quite well, I was down 2.8, needless to say I was not upset this week. I guess all it took was a little refocusing on the important things in my life, ya know getting those proirities straight. Thanks Gary.

Bren, your avatar cracks me up!!

Rooni, great idea, I had never thought of index cards and filing them. That will certainly make my life so much easier. An on that other note, you are so right, my day will come and I will be waiting patiently.

Bargoo, I saw you on another thread today and I agree, you have worked your bootie off and yes to deserve bragging rights. Brag on sister!!

Laurie, sorry about the flat on your scooter, it will be back on the road in no time flat. (OH no pun intended) You got some great exercise in also while making that yard beautiful. You go girl.

Well my head and nose is starting to get very stuffed, guess I need to figure out something to do about this. Sure hope this does not hang around too long, I am a pain when I am sick, at least that is what they say. LOL

Have a great evening guys and dolls. May the Lord bless you in ways you cannot imagine.

P.S.
By the way has anyone heard from Pop's, have not seen a post from him in a very long time.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #100  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ boy, this thread is movin' and shakin' along ... We had beautiful sunshine again today, so the snow is melting -- all the way up to 68 F today.

GARY ~ thanks for the nice comments; your Easter pic with Angie is really nice ... tell Angie she looks maaavellous in pink!

I posted a thread about 100-Calorie Snacks in the Calorie Counters Forum; here's a link so you can go have a looksee ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169383

BEV ~ prayers going up for your brother and your family; praying GOD will use this experience so that he can make some changes in his life for the better. Romans 8:28

WILMA ~ prayers that your headcold won't last very long ... and belated congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary! This year is our 20th in June! My, how time does fly by ...

BREN ~ it all gets easier with time.

SUE ~ so nice to see you drop by; you and LAURIE both have the busiest lives, but you are both a blessing to those around you too!

AGGIE ~ hope you aren't coming down with something too; VITAMIN C ... Vitamin C ... is all I can say ... BTW -- who is POPS? Congrats on the 2.5 pounds gone forever. I measure my cooked spagettini (1 cup) so that we can have it once a week, as it's one of our family favorites.

BARGOO ~ lucky you ... your own supply of strawberries and they are up already? We're still waitin' for all the snow to go!

RONNI ~ great idea about the index cards to keep track of stuff; I have a notebook full of yellow stickies too! I just knew there had to be a better way ...

Had fun and spent some time catching some rays on our front deck with NIKO and read a book (good Christian book) for a while. We had baked fish with homemade homefries, coleslaw, and tomato wedges. Keepin' on plan pretty good this week too!

Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-16-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #101  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

Got a call from a friend, I was sure had passed away, tonight! Long story but I am so he is still alive.

Angie off at the yoga studio....teaches 2 classes at church now

BARGOO ~ ssshhhh! My daughter in law will be up there if she hears you have strawberries! She is a strawberry addict

SCOOTER ~ flat tire

ROSEBUD ~ thank you...Angie looks good in every color! oh, I am coming for dinner...fish...cole slaw...yipeee!!!

AGGIE ~ You are gonna be OK...just keep the focus on #1 Our Lord and #2 Doing the good things for your body....food and exercise...the weight will come...errrr...gooooooo!!!!!

RONNI ~ Thank you for the compliment....Angie always makes me look good!

AUNT SUE ~ Hi Stranger

WILMA ~ So you married that guy when you were 10?...an arranged marriage assume

BREN ~

Have a great Friday everyone!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #102  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Rosebud, I have been taking Vitamin C like crazy, it usually helps really well if I get it in me right away, if not it does still help. The cold will not last as long when I am taking it. Don't feel so hot right now so it is off to bed.

Thanks Gary, I'll be doing just that and in that order.

Rosebud, it may have been last month or so he posted a few times but I have seen another post from him, back around when ( I called her Superwoman from her avatar ) I am so sorry I cannot call her name, but she works in the school system, a Principal I believe, but he posted around that time. He just came across my mind today, hope he is okay.

Going to bed now for real. Be Blessed All

Aggie
Old 04-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #103  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Good morning all!
Wow....the cheerful posts, great tips and ideas to swipe...I'll be here regular like!
I use index cards every day it seems, Ronni....and haven't thought to keep up with passwords etc. that way. I was trying to use the same one everywhere and found that didn't fly as most wanted at least one number, etc. and I was using a simple 7 letter one that's easy for me. So now I have too many! Here at home I do use the save feature which helps in some cases.

Well, all the smoked sausage is gone so I have just a few more things in there to uhm...dispose of, until I can see the back of my fridge and freezer. I have lots of good stuff in there too...am just a bit uninspired when it comes to cooking for myself. Myself can eat the same thing for 4 days and be ok, but sometimes those 4 days have no veggies and fruit!

I'll be working on a plan to get balanced and back on track. I need to do up a meal plan for the week, based on what I have in there and stay out of the store!

I'll "see" ya'll here later.......Oh yeah, that cat pic....My brother told my Mother it looks just like me! haha! I snagged a bunch of cute cat pics somewhere and use 'em regularly. I LOVE kittys...wish I could have one!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Bren

Last edited by Blondee51; 04-17-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #104  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud - great list of snacks! Thanks! I'm always looking for new ideas Glad you are enjoying this SPRING weather (which finally arrived).

Gary - glad to see Angie's yoga ministry is taking off. What a wonderful blessing given all of her hard work during the certification process!

Aggie - on the weigh-in. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Bren - I love cats too! We have adopted so many strays over the years! Well, in reality, they adopted US, not the other way around.

A good day today. DH let me borrow his scooter, and he spent most of the day fixing mine. He is such a dear! It seems that even my new inner tubes had tiny holes in them, so it took four tries before it was finally back in service.

The weather was glorious again today. I put the patio back together (which DH usually does) and we had our first fire in the firepit tonight. AH, it really feels like spring has sprung!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!

Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #105  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Good Morning Ladies ~

Angie doesn't have bell choir practice today so we are going to the beach this morning to walk the dogs for a 3 miler or so then get breakfast.

I will get back later this week-end!

PRAYERS and HUGS ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote