Old 04-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #61  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope you are having a wonderful Holy Saturday! I am spending it getting ready for tomorrow.

The community service Good Friday went very, very well! We had twice as many people as usual!!! I made it through the service without even one mistake God is SOOOO Good!

When folks came forward and "nailed" their sins and prayers on the cross, the tears were flowing - what a wonderful experience!

Prayers continuing for each of you! May to "feel" the Spirit move and work through you this blessed weekend!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAPPY HOLY SATURDAY GALS ~

Time to catch up a bit...sorry for all the ins and outs and quick trips through here

Angie and I just got back from doing a little grocery shopping. She had bell practice this morning and I did my vacuuming for the week...man are my girls losing their hair!! One of the (many ) problems with having spoiled rotten golden retrievers!!!

We went to Good Friday service last night and did our readings up in the choir loft, something the church has us and a few others do each year. It is quite a knack we have passing the microphone around and the flashlight as our parts change....helps that our group has done it for about 10+ years. Angie had to sneak across the loft to play a song on bells with the choir half way through the readings. From my angle I could see her with just a little light on her so she could read the music... I was thinking what a blessing I have in a wife that wants to go to church with me each and every week! Wasn't thinking of it at the time but also the blessing I had of having a "first" wife that encouraged me to go many years ago.

Looks like I will go to 2 of the 3 services tomorrow. We will skip SonRise since Angie plays bells at 8 and 10:30 services. The kids have to go to different services because of their other family commitments....my daughter and son in law will join us at the early and son and daughter in law at the later one. Then all come to my house for lunch then off to my ex's for a bit before they head back home. Busy day for the kids...dysfunctional families travel a lot during holidays

Took a major IRS hit last week...ouch! I haven't changed my with holding for quite awhile...every other year we got a little back or paid just a little...well...with the kids all gone and nephew and step-d claiming themselves this year and Angie and I not "downsizing" deductions....WHAM!! I know have an extra $80 out of my check each week taken out so I don't have to use our vacation money for taxes and that is just me...ditto for Angie...looks like no vacation this year

I am working so close to home that I can leave at 5:50am and be working on the job at 6:30 Been a long time. We may get some time off before we really get going on this project...kind of hope so...just a little...then we will go hard for a few months. There will be other jobs not so close while this one is going but for the most part my summer will be close to home.

SCOOTER ~ Never a doubt on your talents! Your church is blessed to have you around

WILMA ~You seem to sneak in about as often as me

AGGIE ~You are in the right place...there is a lot you can learn here at 3FC...even on some of the other "evil" threads....that I put up

BEV ~ So fun having you around

ROSEBUD ~ Our solid rock!! soon to be walking outside in the sun!!!

SATISFACTION ~ Great job!

RONNI ~HA! I don't have to include the kidnapper in anything...nope...only if I want to see my daughter Have a great Easter with those boys

BARGOO ~WOW! You are having one busy week-end too! Enjoy it...hope the weather up there is nicer than it has been...rain has gone through you hasn't it? We are getting a little but should be clear on Sunday.

We seem to be having some MIA's with Karen ~ Sue ~ the Donna's ~ and many others....I hope all is well!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone...i joined a few weeks ago and then stopped dropping by. Tomorrow is my birthday and i will be 50 years old...last year i set a goal for myself that when i turned 50 i would be down to my goal weight...well here i am fatter than ever, depressed, disgusted with myself and my life...with no hope...i spend hours on the internet researching diets and promising myself "tomorrow" i will start...i hate myself and my life and who and what i have become..may God forgive me for abusing my body and making it look like this....sigh....thank you for listening everyone and God Bless you..
janne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Janne, welcome and good luck. You have taken the first step. You are going to improve your health and your life. God bless you as you start this very important journey.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #65  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening,

I am back again this evening. I am requesting prayers for my 23 yr. old grandson, Keith, who is in the Army stationed in Goergia. We litterally just recieved a phone from his !st Sargent, that they found Keith early this morning in a hotel room, unresponsive and have taken him to the hospital. He is now in ICU with tubes, they believe it is alcohol related. Alcoholism runs on both side his mothers and fathers family. Please pray for him. I was so praying that when he joined the army and left his previous enviroment behind the alcohol would be left behind as well. I guess not. Please keep us in prayer.

Janne, welcome and I am glad you are here. I have not always been thrilled with myself either, but you like me have taken the first steps. As I have learned and learned well, when cannot accomplish anything without God's help and guidance. Pray to Him and seek His face and all the rest will be added unto you. I had to remember myself just today as it was brought to my attention, to paraphrase: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. I had to realize that maybe I was giving the weight lost to much attention and not my God. I cannot release the weight without Him becasue we cannot do anything without Him. Saying that to say this, don't beat yourself up, Pray about it and your walk with God, let Him be your pilot and He will guide your path. This is a learning process and I am right in it with you. I will be praying for you as well as all here.

Hi Bargoo, glad you are here today.

Everyone have a wonderful Easter Sunday, I cannot wait.

Love Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-11-2009 at 08:12 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

See, when I stay away...I miss too much to catch up on! Thanks for the prayers for me, dennis and mom! And for all of your kind words all the time. Ya'll are family THANK GOD!

Aggie - prayers are going!!!! God is the Healer, the Victor! Speak as much scripture as the Lord gives you concerning this situation. Psalm 118:17 Keith shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. in Jesus name, AMEN!

Janne - you are listening to the lies of the enemy. You may have not done what you wanted to do at this point, but this next moment is a new start! Hope was crucified and rose again! Jesus is your Hope. Latch onto Him and allow Him who started a good work in you to perfect it until the day of Christ! You are wonderfully made. He stitched you together in your mother's womb. Allow Him to renew your mind and be transformed!!! See yourself the way He sees you. A masterpiece.

Gary - I'm glad you think I'm fun to have around!

Peace and blessings! HE IS ALIVE and we are justified thru HIM!!!!!!
dance with joy for our King is coming again!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HE IS RISEN INDEED!

Happy Easter everyone

We skipped SonRise since we need to be there from 7:30 until around 12:30 with the other services.

Prayers for your grandson Aggie.

Janne you are in the right place to start again.

I will check back later ~ Have a great day with your families!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #68  
Quit counting at 45!

He is risen indeed! Heading out to breakfast at church and then to the inlaws for dinner tonight. Have a blessed Easter day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #69  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

HE IS RISEN INDEED INDEED!!!!

Made it to service this morning and what a service it was. God has answered many of my prayers this morning....My oldest Ivory, youngest, Jordan, Grandson Marc, nephew Brian, and daughters other half Jeff, all went down to the alter this morning and gave their lives to the Lord. Youngest Jordan renewing vows to God. What a glorious Resurrection Day. After church, we had a wonderful celebration together and a family breakfast. Hope you guys are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

God Bless,
Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #70  

Aggie - so glad you could have your family with you on this most blessed of days! Prayers ascending for your grandson!

Gary - my golden mix is shedding like crazy too! I often think that I need "golden" furniture, carpeting, etc. Five minutes after I vacuum ...

Janne - check your PMs, but in a nutshell. You CAN do this! We are here to help you along the way. Forgive yourself for the past. Look to the future and this isn't a race. Take one step at a time. One moment at a time. You have an incredible, powerful, loving Father that will help you every step of the way!

Hi to everyone else! Happy Easter!!!

We had a fantastic service this morning. The PowerPoint and our dramatic reading went really well! I just love Easter services!!!

Blessings to all! Prayers ascending for each of you!

Laurie
Old 04-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #71  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

JANNE ~ I choose to look on the positive side of life; and I choose to remind myself of all the awesome gifts, talents, and good qualities that GOD has blessed me with; and I choose to read good books; hang with good people; and I choose to avoid the negative and depressing stuff of this world. Paul told us to focus on all that is true, honest, just, pure, & lovely; of good report ... and worthy of praise ... think on these things. (See Phil 4:8)

Everyone can start anew; that's one of the many things I love about GOD ... He's a GOD of ENDLESS CHANCES, and every day is another chance to start again. Glad you joined us -- come back often and gets lots of support and encouragement.

AGGIE ~ prayers for your grandson, Keith, and his family on there way. PTL -- what a glorious resurrection day for you and other members of your immediate family ...

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A LOVELY EASTER SUNDAY!!! ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

What a glorious EASTER we had!

Angie and I went and visited with my brother and his family as they ate breakfast after Son Rise service, then went to 8am with my daughter and son inlaw then had breakfast ourselves with some friends in the congregation, then went to the late service with my son and daughter in law. All of us met at my house for lunch and watched the MASTERS and surfed the net for 5K pics and routes of my daughter's upcoming marathon....then after 4.5 hours here the kids headed off to their mom's (who I sat with for 2 services today) for Easter dinnner. Talking to step-d and nephew on the phone too!

A GLORIOUS EASTER!!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #73  

Hi all - hope you had a wonderful Monday!

Good day here - got in some pilates this morning and shape boxing after work. Shape boxing is pretty fun - I'm liking it.

I rode the to work today - and promptly became a popsicle. The wind chill was below 20F this morning

Gotta fly - supper to make, and church finance committee meeting tonight.

Prayers continuing for everyone!

Laurie
Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

sending out a search party for my Christian Encouragers....wink
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Checking in, had a great but tiring day yesterday. Sun rise service at 6:30 AM. Helped serve Commuion at worship service at 9:45. Dinner with friends later in the day.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote