Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #46  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello on this glorious and amazing Good Friday! For much of my life I wondered why this was called "Good" Friday, because Jesus died on this day, but now, I know it's good because it's the day that He took ALL MY SIN to that cross, so that I would live forever with Him! What an awesome God we have! My li'l sis sent this link for a you-tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuat5...layer_embedded). It's pretty accurate and a good reminder of what WE don't have to suffer because He did it for us!!

Aggie-ditto what everyone else has said. That scale varies, but we just need to keep doing what we know works. I've been playing with the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks and it's been driving me nutty, but I know it will go in it's time, and with just a little tweaking here and there

Gary-the photos are great! You all look like you're having so much fun together and that's probably one of the most important parts of your success, even if you have to include the 'kidnapper'

Bev-I had to laugh at your post because I seriously considered making chili-cheese dogs last night for supper! One of those cravings I get every now and again, don't ya' know, but I made hobo dinners instead, which aren't quite as bad calorie-wise, because I load them up with lots of veggies. Prayers for your mom-is she feeling better now? My mom had an issue with low blood sugar for awhile and she'd become very confused and unable to talk properly (we thought she was having a stroke). She'd be so confused, she'd be saying she couldn't walk while she was up wandering around the room! Unfortunately, the docs didn't figure it out-they tried to say she'd overdosed on her meds, but we knew that wasn't true, so I took her out of the hospital and we figured it out on our own. She's fine as long as she eats something every 2 or 3 hours (learned that here at 3fc). Hope your mom's doing better. You're a good daughter. I know how hard it is to help where you need to, but still have your own life and morals and sanity

Laurie-best wishes today with the community worship. I know your part will be great and God will get the glory on this wonderful day!

Not much going on here. No school today, but DS2 wants to finish up his testing, so he's already working on that. Hopefully, we'll get to take a walk or maybe just go somewhere for fun. No big plans for Easter, so I don't have to do a bunch of cooking and can plan for staying on plan! Hope you all have a great day, weekend, and blessed Easter Sunday!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Ronni. I know she has had the low-sugar thing. But this is different. She is just so tired. I guess when you work 7 days a week, you get worn out!

I just told John (the ex bf) that he needs to be honest with himself. he comes up with so many reasons why this and that and how this helps, when in fact none if it is verifiable! But...how honest are we with ourselves? How many excuses do we make about this or that and why this and that, etc? Honesty is the beginning of understanding and newness. hmmm
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #48  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope you are having a blessed Good Friday!
I finally finished the presentations for tonight. I have a dry run scheduled in an hour. God is GOOD, I know I couldn't have finished without lots of inspiration and assistance!

Prayers are continuing for everyone!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Having a busy few days. Went to a Seder meal last night, followed by foot washing and communion, Good Friday services today, vigil Saturday, Sunday morning early, Easter Sunrise service, followed by Easter message later in the AM.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-10-2009 at 05:15 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #50  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YEAH, the snow has stopped falling and we had glorious sunshine all day! Last night, I spent some time sitting in my rocking chair admiring that big, beautiful full moon and the surrounding stars ... so very peaceful!

Hope you all have a blessed EASTER weekend!!! ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ continuing for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-10-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #51  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Why good evening everyone,
Please, just let me start out by saying, Thank YOU Gary, Laurie, Bev, and Ronni. You all are right and I know this. Each of you put it in such a special way, that I truly got it and I needed it. My pity party is over and I am focusing on the important part of my life, my walk with Christ and the rest will fall into place. Letting God's Will be done. Thanks for not sugar coating the truth.

HI, Bargo, you are being busy but enjoying it all I am sure/

Rosebud, happy to hear that the snow has stopped falling. I love rocking in my rocking chair and just watching God's beauty.

I got one great big positive for tomorrow, most of my girls, are going with me to church tomorrow and I am so excitied. My oldest is bringing all of her family. One has to work (Morgan) and one will be out of town, but I am so Thankful for the two that will be there with me.

Everyone have a great evening and a Blessed Easter.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Just quick: Dennis called mom tonight and he will be going to court on Wednesday at 1pm. PLEASE PRAY FOR FAVOR!!!!!! He says they are going to throw everything at him. Hasn't been able to pay fines since he's been on probation, due to no job, the 2 dui's, etc. I know God is all powerful and I know He will take over if we give it to Him. I thank you for your prayers...so does he and mom.

Mom seems to be doing better. I'm on the phone with her now and she's talkative.

The shelter and home church went great. God is so good!!! Enjoy your Resurrection Sunday!!!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #53  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Bev, prayers are continuing for Mom and Dennis and of course for you.

Love Ya,
Ags
Old 04-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AGGIE ~ I found this story I remembered in one of my old Guideposts Magazines....I think it fits your current situation about weight loss frustration. Here is the link ~

http://www.guideposts.com/story/150-...page=0%2C0
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #55  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

BEV ~ Prayers for Dennis and your mom...and YOU!! as you continue this rocky road you are traveling on at the moment....feeling the frustrations of things out of your control....hugs.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!!! Doing pretty good for the last 2 weeks or so eating more fruits and veges. Seems to be helping out a bit, Ive been feeling better and also lost a few pounds... its an ongoing thing hehe... also am gonna try to get into the gym today!!! Hope all has been well for everyone else.
Satisfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #57  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Gary,

I am so greatfull that you thought enough of me to send this to me. It feels so good to know that someone who has never met me face to face, cares about me. All of you here make me smile, cry, and laugh and feel so loved. Thank you, this is perfect and it is right on time. Have a Blessed Easter, I cannot wait for service tomorrow.

Yours in Christ,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-11-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #58  
Quit counting at 45!

Aggie: That's because in Christ we are FAMILY! That's why we care about each other. Just keep on going! You'll reach your goal if you don't give up!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #59  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Aggie, WILMA is right on!...as usual!

I remembered the story I sent because #1 she lost a lot of weight #2 it took her 4 years....it didn't happen over night...and there were setbacks....but through Christ she was able to continue and not give up!

That is why yesterday, Good Friday, is so important to us....HE gave up EVERYTHING!!!....EVERYTHING!

for us!

So that tomorrow, Easter Sunday, we realize....once again....that we don't EVER have to give up...NEVER-EVER!!! as long as we walk our crooked paths with HIM!

HE already "lost" that weight for YOU!!....now go and chase after HIM some more...

You just might burn off a few calories along the way too....
Old 04-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #60  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Thank you little darlin's. I will not ever give up as long as I have Him, He never gave up on me. I am on my way to chase Him some more right now.

You guys are so anointed with widsom through Him. God brought me to the thread and I know why.

Blessings to you,
Aggie