Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Aggie!!!! WOW! Well, PRAISE GOD for His power, your husband and the fact you have a home!!!!

Rosebud - Way to go!!! Still snow??? Goodness! We actually had flurries today...after 70 degree weather for weeks...it goes back up to 65 tomorrow.

I saw Dennis today, he was in MUCH better spirits. THANK GOD! And thank all of you for praying for him...it is SO working!
I took Susie's little 6 yr old with me...he needed to see what a jail was and it brought Dennis so much joy to see him. Gioni (6 yr old) has got to be the smartest kid I have ever encountered. He's in kindergarten and has stopped speaking sentences...now he just SPELLS everything he wants to say! So, I spell back to him. He reminds me of myself at his age...poor kid.

Gary - loved the race pics!

Ronni - i just smile everytime i see your avatar!

Laurie - your wisdom inspires me

Wilma - I think of meeting you for coffee everytime i see your messages. You are so warm and inviting. God bless you!

God bless each of you! Passover begins tomorrow evening...we are passing out of the last season and over into the new! PRAISE GOD!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #32  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

BEV,
I am glad you got to see Dennis today and your visit went so well. It sounds like Susie's son is a prize student. Can I borrow him? He can help me with my spelling. LOL
Yeah, that weather thing is crazy. It has been beautiful here for the last fews day and today, well let's just say that the temp has truly dropped. We cut the heat back on.

Alrightie everyone, God bless and talk to guys and dolls later.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

So happy to see all the good news gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #34  
Quit counting at 45!

Aggie: Wow! Your angels were watching over you. I'm so glad that there wasn't serious damage to your house.

Rosebud: Wow again! 7 lbs!!! That inspires me to get off my butt and get moving!

Rayne: Thank you for your kind words. You can come for coffee anytime!! How did the little guy react to being in the jail?

It's back to work for me today. Still learning so much and hopefully absorbing some of it. I look forward to having real people in my office instead of practise ones!

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #35  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Everyone!

Rosebud- on 7 more pounds gone! You're such an inspiration to me with your encouragement and joyful spirit and I'm glad to see your hard work pay off!

Aggie-praise God for showing your DH that your house was in danger! I am always amazed when God shows His mercy by protecting us from an unknown danger-it has happened to us many, many times.

Wilma-hi! and glad you're getting into the new job. Had to laugh about your "practice people". Maybe that's what all of society needs-more practice people to help us learn how to deal with the difficult ones we encounter everywhere

Bev-glad your bro is doing better. It'll be a hard lesson, but one he'll remember.

Laurie-hope your prep for Good Friday is going well. Sounds like a really nice service with all the churches combined. We sing a song frequently about all the people of all the lands singing praises together and it just gives me goosebumps thinking about that time to come!

Gary-glad to hear you're working closer to home and able to check in once in a while!

Hope everyone is having a nice day, a wonderful Holy Week, and planning for a joyful Easter! God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #36  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud - you sure have a lot of snow left! The bird pictures are GREAT - thanks for sharing!

And - 7 lbs DOWN!!!!!! Fantastic!

Aggie, PTL for your home being saved!

Bev - so glad Dennis is doing better! Your visits are such a blessing to him!

Doing well here, but I gotta cut this short. The chairperson of our church personnel committee can't make it tonight, so I have to cover for him. I gotta get the agenda together and get moving - the meeting starts in half an hour!

Blessings to all and prayers ascending!!!!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #37  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS EVERYONE ~ for you kind encouraging words; they are very much appreciated ...

THANKS LAURIE ~ do you remember the pics that showed the snowhill; well, that melted down about 4-6 feet, but over this past week, it is now back up that high again! Our front porch was totally filled in with snow, overflowing the top of the rails, no less. Boy, it's like March just arrived here ...

RONNI ~ thanks for the nice words; I'm so glad that I can help in some small way. It's been a tuff haul; dealing with so many stalls and plateaus, but as you know, I have to find other ways to get enuff exercise in. Been tweaking here and there, and it is finally paying off!

THANKS BEV ~ yes, still mountains of snow; and it's still snowing out there right now. Prayers for your DB continue ...

WILMA ~ thanks, I think the morning exercises have been helping me a bit; I try to do something no less than every other day, and do weights and other stuff in between.

GARY ~ thanks and good job on that walk-a-thon ...

HI AGGIE ~ prayers for a safe and peaceful night there; and hey, maybe ban those ciggies from your place from now on.

Just staying home and keepin' warm; they did get us unburied today (the car, I mean). I'm serious when I say that if feels like March out there; thankfully, these odd phenomenas only happen now and then. Take good care folks ... ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-08-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #38  

Wilma - the little guy enjoyed going, but doesn't want to stay there! Dennis informed him that there is no play time, regardless of the basket ball gioni saw...and the food is horrible. I think the part that got G was the lack of sprite, coke and sweet tea! He was also not fond of the orange jump suit. lol

I appreciate all the prayers for Dennis. I know it's truly working.

Mom is still not doing great. Did I tell ya'll that I had to pick her up from her pt job on monday and take her to the dr? If not...this is what happened: She called me around 4 from PetSmart, where she works pt, and said "what's wrong with me. i'm scared. i can't walk" ok...now, i have been the mom for too long already and i said "well, have you called 911?" no...she hadn't and didn't want to either. So, i told her i was on my way and called back up to the store. the manager answered and I asked him if they had called am ambulance "no, she didn't request one. I let her off the register and I am doing running her register now" why didn't you call one? "she didn't request it" I slammed the phone down on that idiot and called 911 - got transferred to the right city/county and they sent someone there. Her bp was 177/94. She was shaking and scared when I got there. I called the corporate office to tell them that the manager didn't call 911 AND just left her ALONE in a small room. She could have DIED!!!! Idiot. (not christian of me to say that, i'm sorry) I took her to the dr and her bp was 157/80 by that time. Still high. They tested her physically to see if a stroke could have weakened her, but determined if it was a stroke, it was very minor and she seemed fine. She can barely get out of bed and is completely exhausted. She is considering going back to the dr. Just so she knows...she has to pay for that visit. I can't pay all her bills. So, please be praying for her. I take her to a retirement planning meeting downtown tomorrow. YIKES. i have to be at her house at 745 to drive into atlanta...rush hour traffic just makes me happy, ya know?

Anyway, glad to hear you are all doing so great. I took the girl that has the crack issue to another shelter today and prayed with her. She is supposed to be getting into a personal care home the 1st of the month for people with bi-polar. I hope she sticks with this.

Tonight was the beginning of passover and I had NO idea that the maneschewitz was so strong! geesh...

Remember that we have passed over into the new and let go of the old!

Last edited by Rayne; 04-09-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #39  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

good morning little darlin's,

Rosebud, happy to know that at least the car has been dug out. Warm weather has got to come to your neck of the woods soon, at least I hope so. Oh yes, it has been proclaimed that this is a smoke free zone. We told the kids, that daddy and I don't smoke and your friends or you are not allowed either. We told them if you want to infect your lungs, that is on you, but you not do it here. IN short, go burn your own house down. Harsh, I know, but if that is what it takes to let them know just how harmful it is, well there you go.

Bev, I did not know about your Mom, but I am right on those prayers for her (health and finances)as well as for your peace of mind. Glad Dennis was in good spirits. I am with Gioni, I didn't like seeing those orange jumpsuits either.

I am babysitting my grandson today for the first time alone since I fell. Morgan was so nervous, that she called when she got to work to see if I needed her to come home. I told her we were find, I feed him, changed him (PEW-WEE green stuff) lol, sung to him, and now the little angel is back to sleep. I have not done this is years, but by George, I think I've got it.

Today is the day that the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Later gators-Aggie
Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #40  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi all,

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!!!! I GAINED 2.6 POUNDS. I know I did everything right, I was so excited about weighing in. I did not have my car, DD#3 had it going to the airport to pick up DD#4, I was willing to catch a cab. Glad I did not, then I would have really been upset. I will be back when I am calm. Pray for me.

Aggie
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Oh AGGIE WE ARE A WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!! Even those darn unwanted pounds. There are going to be days when we think we did all we could ~ think we screwed up bad ~ days when we know we are down...but up....up....but down....

What we need to focus on is doing the right things for ourselves so that we can be in the best condition we can be as HE desires us to be.

Have I ever told you something that wasn't good for you? Of course not....Why....because you are a dear 3FC friend of mine.....now....knowing that you know that God loves you so much more than I ever could!!

Don't base what you are doing to improve your life on a few pound swing one way or the other...you are worth way more than that!

I have no problem with one weighing themselves...what I do have a problem with is getting discouraged over what the scale says when we work so hard

I will tell you during my loss over the last 18 months....there were plenty of days that didn't make sense on the scale....

but I will also tell you that the days that I ate right....exercised...and read His WORD....well THOSE DAYS made plenty of sense

We are here for you ~ In Christ...Maundy Thursday...GARY
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #42  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Gary,
Thank you so much. I really needed that. You may not here all the time, but when you are, you make such a difference. Thanks for being here for me. If I measure my life by the scale, I have truly missed it, I am making a u-turn now.

Yours in Christ,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-09-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are some more pics and a new thread...from the race Angie and I did.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168888
Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #44  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Bev - prayers for you, Dennis, and your Mom. Hang in there - you CAN handle this!

Aggie Been there with you - POP all week and the scale goes UP! Don't fret - it will come back down. Just stick with the plan. Don't let that little voice that is nagging get a hold on you, now. Banish it and stay positive. You WILL stay on plan and the scale WILL show the results - eventually.

Gary - great pictures, and an awesome thread!

Just a quick post tonight - church was great and I still have hours of work to do on the media presentation for the community service tomorrow. So - gotta get back at it!

Hope you all had a blessed Holy Thursday!

Prayers ascending!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #45  

Aggie - I am totally with Gary and Laurie! There have been many times that I got on the scale and it was 2 or more pounds heavier than what i was just the day before! BUT I have learned that it goes away. It seems that bodies need to hold on, create or whatever from time to time. I've quit getting too sidetracked by it. Now, I WILL NOT get on the scale tomorrow! I went with mom to her retirement planning thing today downtown and she wanted to eat at the Varsity. Don't know if you have ever heard of it, but let's just say the greasiest, nastiest, most IMPORTANT crap food in atlanta! I had a chili cheese slaw dog, onion rings and a frosted orange (which is like a orange creamcicle in a cup)...needless to say I have paid for it tremendously already! But I couldn't tell mom no and there is nothing healthy to eat there. I've probably already lost the weight I gained there! LOL
All of that to say, just keep doing what you know you are suppose to do. You will see the results. It's like with the enemy. We are trying to gain ground in Christ and he likes to throw roadblocks. But who are you going to believe? The lies of him or the TRUTH of Christ? He says that if we will do what He has set before us, we will not fail. With Him all things are possible. In Him we move and breathe and have our being. It's a hiccup, not a death. You have His power and in Him you are more than a conqueror!
i love you girl

I am going to the shelter later today. They asked for me...so i will go. We are also have bible study at the house after the shelter...and then watching fireproof!
I have 2 tests this weekend and a paper. yikes.

Be blessed! Remember that we have passed over!!!! Quit the grumbling and complaining (so you don't have to wander in the desert)and PRAISE HIM! The walls of Jericho fell when they shouted praises to God...after they were completely obedient. Declare the walls of your Jericho has fallen!!! In Jesus name! amen! so be it