Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #76  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey guys,
I have great news, I think. I may be going back to work as soon as 4-27 I don't know I am having mixed feelings, kinda got use to staying home. We'll see if it is great or not. Will let you know. Having a good day here, hope all is well everyelse.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI ~ we also had a lovely day with warm temps; lots of sunshine to melt ***** and temps in the 60F. Spent some time outside on our front deck to get fresh air; then sorted and sent pics to family. In between normal daily stuff, that took up an afternoon. I guess enough frost is gone now, so the front door opened for us yesterday, just in time for a sunny Easter Sunday!

We had invited guests yesterday, but the husband didn't feel well enough to come; so DH and I had a lovely dinner by ourselves instead. Just as lovely with us, NIKO, and our Lord surely dropped by ...

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!! ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #78  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Spring is Here!

It's supposed to reach 17C today!! The snow is almost gone. There is major flooding in the area and I do ask for prayers for the people affected. Ice pieces as large as 3 feet thick are slamming against homes along the river and moving them from their foundations. Really bad!

Aggie: What amazing news about your family! You must be overflowing right now! Also good news about you going back to work although I know how you feel about being home all the time. I miss that sometimes.

Rosebud: Sorry your dinner party didn't go the way you though it would but great that you and DH could spend some quality time together.

Laurie: WTG on the exercise. Shape boxing does sound like fun!

Our Easter service was really special this year. The music, the sermon, the testimonies, etc. all were so meaningful to me.

Today my DH and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage. I find it hard to believe that it's been that long. I am grateful to God for giving me such a great partner!!

Have a super day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #79  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning all,

Rosebud, I am so glad you have warmer temperatures. Getting Fresh air on the deck in always welcoming. Your dinner sounded quite nice, just you and your hubby. Alone time is always great too.

Wilma, Your Easter seems to have been very special. Congrats on the 30 years of wedding Bliss. It is wonderful to have a partner that is such a blessing to you. God choose the right one for you. Happy you are so happy.

Asking for prayers for my family, Malachi is not feeling well, think it is a cold and his mommie DD#3 has one as well, and goodness, they are trying to pass it on to me. Boy oh boy am I duckin'. Hey this too shall pass.

Have a great and blessing over flowing kind of a day.

Aggie
Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #80  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Aggie - that is good news indeed! I don't know about you, but I get into trouble with food when I have too much free time at home Prayers ascending for your family.

Rosebud - I bet the sun was glorious! That radient sunshine, surely made you feel that spring really is coming after all! I always feel that those first few warm spring days are a special "hug" from God. The rebirth in the spring always touches my heart!

Wilma - prayers ascending for those affected by the weather!

Good day here - way too busy. Usual work day, then I did a presentation at the business college in town regarding PDAs - how I use them, and how we use them in the school district. From there - straight to church for an administrative council meeting, and finally home at 9:30.

On the bright side, no opportunity to overeat. And - I did slide in a shape boxing workout with DH for 45 minutes

I brought home potted tulips from church (parishioners can purchase them in memory of someone for the Easter services and then bring them home afterward to plant in their gardens). The cat is very excited to have potted plants in the house. I can't wait to see what morning brings ...

Blessings to all, and prayers ascending!

Laurie (hoping it is warm enough to scoot tomorrow)
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HA! SCOOTER ~ Angie planted a lot of new flowers today....along with herbs....my golden Reba has been digging them up all afternoon...just loves to dig in the fertilizer...we keep chasing her away with the paper but she is bound and dtermined to "get some!"

Prayers for all! Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #82  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Wilma-Happy Anniversary!! 30 years is an incredible accomplishment these days. God has truly blessed you both!

Hello to everyone! I haven't been able to get on here the last few days and now I feel like I'm waaaay behind. I have said praises for all the wonderful things that have happened in your lives and prayers for all the needs mentioned as well. You are such a great bunch of people and I really miss it when I don't get time to visit. Our Easter was nice and quiet-no visitors, so I didn't have to cook much. Unfortunately, I still managed to go way off plan, though. But, back to it now. Just looked out the window and our hyacinths and daffodils are blooming! Spring, at last! It's now garage sale season, too and I'm sorting out lots and lots of too-big clothing to get rid of (and make some $$$ on!). The kids have lots of toys they are now willing to part with as well. So, I guess I have my work cut out in the next couple weeks, since our sale is on May 2nd during the town's community rummage days.

Hope you all have a great day and praise God in everything you do!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #83  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up Practical Help for Struggling Families ...

I read about this site on another thread and checked it out myself this morning.

http://www.supermarketloophole.com

If you have someone you know in your family that has lost a job and could use some help ... this could be the answer. This site lets you pick manufacturers coupons for the majority of popular grocery and personal care items and more; you pay a small fee and they send the coupon books, THAT YOU HAVE SELECTED, to you in the mail. You can then use them to save mega-bucks on your shopping bills.

The poster (Marie in 20-something thread) said that a kind lady gave her a coupon book, and she wanted to share with others. These coupon books would make a great gift from a relative to help a struggling young family ...

Gee, I wonder if they would send these coupons to Canada???

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-15-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #84  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Hello all......
I've been MIA.......after plugging in again! I "forgot" my password, again, then got locked out, 'cuz they thought someone else was trying to get in on my account...haha....like 6 tries! I haven't been getting any "alerts" at all so I forget to check in. I do and I'm two weeks behind.

Prayers going up for all in need and myself included. I want to get it and do something with it! I'm really tired of totin' a full set around! (Spare tire VS full set!)

God bless each of you, for showing up and being the encouragers our name implies!
Love and hugs,
Bren
Blondee51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

Dennis got 2 years today. I don't know how long he will be in the county jail before he gets shipped off to the state. please be praying for him, expecially peace and hope! i know he is well, i willnot speak the negative. in the past he has had depression and threats of suicide. please pray for him. his baby girl will be 4 on friday and his bday is the 26th. if anyone has a desire to write him, pm me and i will give you the address. i'm sure he can use as much encouragement as possible!!!

thank you for your prayers. this isn't over. now, his life is in the hands of the state and our prayers are even more of a necessity! geesh. the thought that i could meet mr. right and my brother not be at the wedding sucks.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #86  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - what is it about goldens and flowers? Both of my golden mixes absolutely love(d) to dig up the flower beds and lay in them!

Wilma - I read right past the anniversary in your post - congrats!!!!! So far, year 30 is a great one for us - welcome to the club!!! Enjoy!

Ronni - getting rid of clothes that are too big is sooooo exciting! Congrats!

Bren - glad you are back! We missed you girl! This is the right place to hang to get back on track. There are some mighty prayer warriors around these parts!

Bev - prayers continuing for Dennis. Who knows, God may have something amazing planned for his future. Don't despair - he is in the hands of the Creator!

Whew - good day here. Work was productive and the weather is glorious. I was able to ride the scooter (it was a balmy 33F when I left for work). It was so nice that DH and I started raking the gardens when we got home. So, my exercise was 3 hours of raking and garden clean-up. I am absolutely dog-tired!
Yet, I am ecstatically happy because I painfully remember being able to work only 30 minutes or so in the not so distant past. What a blessing to be able to be so physical again!

Hope you are having a good evening!

Prayers are continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

BEV ~ Sorry about Dennis but maybe this will be the answer to your prayers!

WILMA ~ Happy #30!

RONNI ~ I would have come or you could have come here for Easter dinner...

ROSEBUD ~ Thanks for the link...following your other threads re-inforces waht a blessing you are to us!

BLONDEE ~

AGGIE ~ Prayers where requested!

BARGOO ~ rested up from Easter?

Later gals! Gary
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #88  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello all,

Ronni I cannot wait to have to big clothes so I can have the largest (get it) yard sale ever. Blessing on yours.

Rosebud, that is a great site and I will continue the sharing with others. Thanks.

Hi Bren, glad you are back. I sure know what it is like to forget your password. I do it on a regular.

Bev, as the saying goes, I ain't got nothing but love for you baby. I will continue to pray for Dennis and your Mom. Gary is right, this may be the answer to your prayers and his. This will surely make him God strong. Send me his address, letters will help keep his spirits up.

Gary, Love your new avatar. You guys look so cute. Great job on the race.

Prayers for all and have a Blessed Night.

Ags
Hi Wilma and Bargo. Here's a shout out to all of our missing. HEY!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 04-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post

Gary, Love your new avatar. You guys look so cute.....
Thank-You ~ I put in a new profile picture of us from Easter too...take a look
Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #90  
Quit counting at 45!

It's Thursday already. My days are just flying by! It's a rainy day here but the weather is definitely warming up. Just saw my first robin. Spring is officially here!!

I'm starting to get a head cold. Sore throat and ears. I'm hoping it doesn't last long. I have a 3 day course to go to next week and want to be alert for that.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! I do feel very blessed but not nearly old enough to have been married that long!

Aggie: Did you duck low enough not to catch the cold? i obviously didn't! Hope you're doing well!

Laurie: You are a very busy lady. I also love spring and am waiting to see those first buds and plants popping out of the ground.

Ronnie: I went way off plan over Easter. I'm supposed to be on a low sodium diet and had ham twice over Easter. Not smart. I'm drinking lots of water now to help get the swelling down in my fingers.

You're smart getting rid of your "fat" clothes. If they stay in the closet there's a chance to fit into them again. Getting rid of them leaves no option but to stay where you are or lose more. It has worked for me!

Rayne: My prayers are going up for Dennis and you. I agree that this might be the best thing for him for now and that this is where God wants him to be. I'll be praying for his emotional state!

Bren: Hope you keep posting. This IS a very encouraging group!

Gary: I love that you're back more regularly now. It's nice working so close to home isn't it? I have to drive across the city next week for my course and am not looking forward to it but at least I'm not having to get up at 4:00 like you had to. It takes me 10 mins. to get to work. I guess I'm spoiled.

It's off to work! Have a wonderful day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote