Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #421  

And I'm back!

I did my first workout for JNL Fusion tonight after work. OMG! The first workout is called Shoulder Shredder and the shoulders and triceps are worked with cardio in 30 second sessions for a total of 33 minutes for this workout. I burned almost 600 calories so I'm stoked about that. This workout is intense for me because my upper body is weak. Tomorrow's workout is Lower Body Fusion.

Eating was on point today too. I had a couple of temptations but didn't give in....yay me!!

Off to get some nourishment.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #422  
Warrior Princess

Congrats Philly! Do yourself a favor (if you haven't already) and wear an ipod once you get familiar with the DVD, I can't stress that enough to people. If not for music I'd never make it through. Keeps me pumped.

Jillian done and I hurt everywhere. Tomorrow is Rest Tuesday so I'll cash it in if I'm beat after work. I just hope there comes a day when I can walk past a mirror naked and things don't jiggle...I look great with clothes ON though. :/

I guess I had this expectation that by 6 months I'd be at goal. I'm kind of feeling defeated about it but I will keep going.

Goodnight.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #423  

Strangely, the music is not a huge factor for me with workout dvd's. Probably because if the workout is kicking my butt then I'm more focused on the moves. With cardio equipment it's a major driving force, but not with dvd's.

My arms are jellyish today. My triceps are talking big time with some feedback from my shoulder area. Today's workout will be lower body. I did not have time to preview these workouts so I'm flying blindly into the workouts.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #424  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Gabi - It's really hard to say "I'll be at x weight in this many months" because sometimes the body just has other plans, even if you're doing everything you can. But you know the time is going to pass whether or not you're working on weight loss, so just keep at it and eventually you'll be exactly where you want to be, and it won't matter that much if it's a little later. You've still made progress, even maintaining that progress for a while is an accomplishment.

I wish I could go back in time and smack myself in the head for getting derailed over and over again simply because I realized I wouldn't make a certain time goal. I'd be so far now if I'd just stuck with it.

I did get all of Reach done yesterday, though I modified in many spots. I'm really in the mood for something intense today but I'm not sure my body will comply. We'll see.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #425  
Warrior Princess

I feel you Bunneh, I have a lot of those "why the heck did I eat that?" moments..If not for my many cheats over the weekends in recent days I'd be further ahead but I'm going to try to tame that down from now on.

Hope you guys are having a good day, my lunch break is over and now it's back to dental.

Glad to see you back on the sweat wagon, Philly.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #426  
Joie de Vivre!!

Yeah, my body isn't cooperating today. I was able to drag myself through TurboJam cardio party 1. I didn't have much intensity to give but at least it was a bit of a stress release.

Talking about wishing I could go back in time and smack myself for all the derailments I've gone through also started me thinking about what the me four years ago would think of me now. I'd probably smack myself for not appreciating how far I've come. I'm one pound away from 150, which was my original goal weight. I remember at one time it seemed like an impossible number for me, and now I'm planning to try for 130 unless I find a number I'm comfortable with on the way. I also remember when TurboJam was a difficult workout and I felt so accomplished after one of the videos, and I've progressed to the point where it's an easy workout I do when I'm sick.

I think 230lb me would start an angry rant at how hard I am on myself now.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #427  

Tonight sucked eggs big time. My brother made a roast last week and I made gravy with it that was delish. It was so good I wanted it again this week. I was making gravy tonight and it boiled over all over half of the frickin stove. It looked like almost half the quantity of the pot was gone. It was such a mess to get it out of the burners and then scrub everything. My evening is shot now. I ate dinner and came on here to vent and read the thread and you guys made me smile.

I'll be in better spirits tomorrow. I'm so tired and really didn't feel like kitchen duty tonight. I'm still waiting for the rice to get done. My girlfriend thinks my tiredness is from my no sleep on sunday night.

I'll have to do my leg workout tomorrow. However, I did get some movement in today with a walk on my lunchtime. I also parked far from the train which required me to walk. So at least I got something relating to exercise in today.

Goodnight all.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #428  
Joie de Vivre!!

Happy Wednesday!

Philly BLAH! I hate when things boil over! Although it's so much easier to deal with now that I have a glass top stove. But when I had regular burners... oh man, it's awful, trying to clean it all out from inside the stove, etc...

Today I'm hoping for at least step aerobics, but might have to default to something like walk away the pounds.

I'm starting the inactive week of bcp today, so TOM should be coming in a week. I'm a bit nervous because the obgyn said, and I quote, "Your first month might be torrential, so don't freak out." Yeah, she said torrential.

I also have no idea what to expect as far as water gain. Usually I'd gain at least two or three pounds... I'm wondering if it will be better or worse on the birth control. I suppose if I see a sudden 10 pound spike or something I should just ignore it though.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-22-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #429  
Warrior Princess

Periods are very light on BCP with exception of the first maybe. Lots of people take them just to get the lighter periods. When I was on them if I didn't look for my period I'd miss it. No cramps, no acne, and I was thinner. Also if I was going on vacation I'd skip the last row and go on to the next pack to skip my period. It was a beautiful thing but my days of taking BCP are long over, I'm too old. I have IUD now.

Going to run errands BBL.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #430  
Warrior Princess

Back to 148p this morning so it looks like it's real but been stuck here for a month.. Now I just have to get to 147.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #431  
Joie de Vivre!!

You can do it, Gabi!

ETA: Did about 20 minutes of step. Rest day tomorrow.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-22-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #432  
Warrior Princess

Thanks for the cheerleaders/faith Bunneh but I sat on the couch all night watching movies which gave me zero drive to work out. Now it's too late and I have to go to bed. UGH! Be back tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #433  
Joie de Vivre!!

Gabi - It's like 80% nutrition though, so just keep your food in line and you'll be okay.

I, however, went to an impromptu dinner at a brazilian grill with my husband and several of his coworkers. I did moderate myself pretty well, but I'm fairly sure even the small portions of food I ate had insane calories. Plus I indulged in a little chocolate cake... I'm prepared for a spike on the scale tomorrow, but overall I don't regret the night. Back to OP tomorrow and no indulgence until my birthday in Sept!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #434  

Good Evening!

I had a health scare today to which I may have overreacted or got overly anxious about. I made an emergency doctor appointment and took off of work because of the commute. I take blood thinners and woke up with a small bruise on my arm. This needed to be evaluated asap. She took bloodwork to check my platelets, but otherwise there's no explanation.

So my day was pretty much shot from that. Sorry ladies, I can't join in on the tom talk cause I don't have cycles anymore. I look at this as my reward for years of suffering.

Bunneh, at least you've come to grips with knowing why the scale will change and not freak out about it.

Gabi, You will surely get to 147 in no time.

I'm off to bed...Good nite all!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #435  
Joie de Vivre!!

152.0 this morning, so not a bad scale spike at all. I'm pleased. I was prepared for two or three pounds when taking sodium into consideration. I'm going to drink lots of water today and be very discerning with my food. Hopefully tomorrow I'll dip back to 151.

Rest from exercise today.

Hope you guys have a great day.

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-23-2012 at 09:07 AM.