Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #346  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I took them for a long walk, and the puppy seems tired out now. I have him in the yard and he's laying down nicely instead of whining. He's not eating his dinner though, and I'm wondering if that's because he's never been fed outside before. They are used to being apartment dogs.

I guess I'm going to have to get into the routine of walking them first thing in the morning and then in the evening, and that will probably be my exercise while I have them. (Plus some weight work when I can.) Maybe they will settle down into a routine soon...

My appetite has been almost zero for days now, and I've been almost nauseous. I'm wondering if the BCP is contributing to that. Again today I've only had 800 calories and the idea of food sickens me. A day or two like this doesn't concern me, but I am worried about losing muscle if it keeps up...

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #347  
Just watch me ...

Bunneh, that'll probably settle them down. Hope you feel better tomorrow

My movin! has been 90 minutes of yoga the past 3 days. Feeling good and sleeping well.

Good night all
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #348  

Gabi, just curious of how long after you eat do you exercise and how long after that do you go to bed? I often don't exercise at night because of the close proximity to dinner and bed.

Bunneh, sorry I can't give any constructive advice for your dog. I agree that you are doing a good deed, but don't let that make you feel guilty if you have to change your mind.

Exhale, what about having a half of bagel or the mini bagel?

I have to give up some olympics watching because I've been missing sleep. I have on a movie right now. My brother is on the phone so his attention is elsewhere so he's not missing the olympics not being on at the moment. I will be out of town this weekend to my family reunion. We are going to an amusement park and sorry but I'm going to have funnel cake. This is almost a necessity when I go which is about once during the summer. It might make me six though since even though my eating is not up to par the my body may not like the grease.

I wonder if we are having wacky weather because they are messing around in space again. ok, back to my movie....Armageddon
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #349  
Joie de Vivre!!

Well, both of the dogs are laying quietly on the livingroom floor now, and the cat is crouching at the other end of the room. She's not plumed out anymore but she still randomly starts growling. She should settle down once she realizes the dogs have no intention of jumping at her.

I think that two walks a day plus fitting in strength work when I can will be enough exercise while I have the dogs. I'll try to get some more vigorous cardio when I can (maybe some of the TurboFire HIITs), but I'm not going to push, and I'm not going to feel guilty for not pushing. There's so much happening right now I think exercising just to prevent my fitness level from degrading much is good enough.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #350  
Warrior Princess

I usually eat dinner around 6pm, exercise 8:30pm and then I go to sleep late around 11:30pm.

I suffered through every second of Jill tonight (zero drive) and I'm sweating like a pig. Off to shower and lay in bed to watch Investigation Discovery.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #351  
Warrior Princess

I know how you feel, Bunneh. I get into such a funk sometimes that I have little to no interest in exercise because I'm so stressed out. Some days between work, my kid and my ex I want to swan dive off my balcony. I only keep going because I know if I quit exercise I will suffer greatly to get back up to speed. I remember how awful it was when I first started and I don't want to ever go through that again. Plus cardio does wonders for me mentally. So while I do it for weight loss; I actually get more out of it for my mental well-being which is a huge bonus..I'd rather have more weight loss but whatever. I only lose about a pound a month which is turtle slow but it's better than nothing.

Ok, I'm done yammering. Goodnight.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #352  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

Bunneh, don't fret, and don't feel guilty. Walking with the dogs twice a day sounds like a great way to 'get back with nature', some fresh air, and movement. Power-walk them! And a couple of push-ups, a couple of ab moves, and voila.

Speaking for myself, I've given up feeling guilty about not exercising, or doing or not doing the right thing. And I find myself looking forward to it instead of stressing. I want to feel well, not tired and broken down and there's just so much weight a body can lose in a week.

Gabi, you are a warrior princess turtle! Your gains are in strength and stamina and your body is sorting it out. I don't read other posts where folks lose tons of weight, they are not me and I not them. I read (elsewhere) that most folks don't even lose a pound a month, because they don't engage in healthy eating and movement. So you be happy and proud of you.

Philly, hope you're getting some good sleep

Have a great day.

Last edited by Exhale15; 08-07-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #353  
Joie de Vivre!!

First morning walk accomplished! I refuse to walk them together because they get tangled, and it's already hard enough to keep the puppy from pulling too much when I only have him to worry about. I put on my ipod and took the puppy for about a 25 minute walk, at a pretty brisk pace. The other one I only took for a 10 minute walk because he's old and has itsy-bitsy tiny little legs and tires really fast.

The night went better than I expected. I did hear the puppy whine a bit around 1am after I got up to use the bathroom, but for the most part it was quiet.

Exhale - You're right, the point of exercise is to improve my health, and it shouldn't come at the price of my wellbeing as long as I'm not just allowing myself to atrophy. I don't think that a 35 minute walk twice a day (plus weight work or a HIIT added on to that a few days each week) is a total step off the fitness train anyway.

Plus, I lean towards being so shy it's almost a step away from agoraphobia. I have a difficult time going into my own backyard to fill the bird feeders if the neighbor kids are out playing. This is probably a good thing for me - forcing me to walk around the neighborhood faaaar out of my comfort zone and showing me I didn't actually die when people saw me!

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #354  
Just watch me ...

I think this is going to turn out to be really good for you Bunneh
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #355  
Joie de Vivre!!

I did about 10 minutes of upper body exercises this afternoon. I went high weight/low rep and tried to get at least the major muscles to failure. While it wasn't enough to be considered an actual workout I hope it will aid in maintaining where I'm at.

The dogs seem to be getting used to the fact that when I put them outside I'll eventually be back and they don't need to cry. I'm also working on making them sit and stay still while I put their leashes on, food bowls down, etc. They seem to be getting better. Hopefully things will become routine soon. (Though I'm still hoping to give them back to my brother as soon as possible.)
Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #356  
Warrior Princess

Today is rest Tuesday. Be back tomorrow...hopefully. TOM started today so exercise is hit or miss for the next day or two. Have a nice night everyone.

Last edited by novangel; 08-07-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #357  
Just watch me ...

Morning

90 minutes of Iyengar yoga last night. Feeling great. And my abs and sides look like they belong to someone else - but glad they're mine

Have a great day.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #358  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
My abs and sides look like they belong to someone else - but glad they're mine
Me too! I was looking for the "like" button that's when you know you spend too much time on FB. :/

Last edited by novangel; 08-08-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #359  
Joie de Vivre!!

It's kind of funny, last night before bed I was again feeling entirely pessimistic about the dog situation. And this morning I'm back to feeling somewhat optimistic. I think the more tired I become the less capable I feel. I start to panic, thinking "But I have to do this every day. Indefinitely."

Walked for about 35 minutes this morning, plan for a similar 30 to 35 minutes this evening. I skimped on it last night, cause dang it was hot, but I could tell a difference in the puppy at bed time without as much exercise. I'm hoping to do about 10 minutes of pilates for my legs this afternoon as well.

Also, my shins hurt. I guess that while my heart is used to more vigorous activity and I can jump, kick, spin, climb mountain trails, etc my legs are not accustomed to the repetitive movement of just fast walking. I read a bit about shin splints and will implement some of the suggestions for prevention from now on.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday!

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #360  
Just watch me ...

That's interesting Bunneh. You know, walking is really a good form of stress relief; I heard on the Cut-the-fat podcast, as well as elsewhere that walking is recommended for hormonal balance and stress management (all that good intensive cardio is a stress on the system). So, walking + pilates is really good. I am optimistic for you once your shins are happier. And the puppy is becoming less of a puppy every day

Fatigue, on the other hand, is a big enemy of all good intentions - food, exercise, good habits.....everything. Not the good sleepy-warm-mmmmm tiredness, but that harsh kick-you-in-the-pants fatigue that brings to my mind everything that I have to get done and everything that's not working in my life (real and imaginary).

Pilates-on-Fifth has podcasts on You-tube that are pretty good

Having a good Wednesday...