Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #361  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhale15 View Post
Fatigue, on the other hand, is a big enemy of all good intentions - food, exercise, good habits.....everything. Not the good sleepy-warm-mmmmm tiredness, but that harsh kick-you-in-the-pants fatigue that brings to my mind everything that I have to get done and everything that's not working in my life (real and imaginary).
Yes! I love the satisfied exhaustion after a busy day of getting stuff done and I can settle in bed and relax... but just all around feeling worn and weighted down when I haven't done anything to earn it and I want/need to accomplish basic things is awful.

I did get a call about my lab results. They said most things looked normal, but my thyroid is borderline low, and the Dr wants it retested in six months. I'm wondering if even though my thyroid isn't technically below range yet it could still be causing my body an issue...
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #362  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunneh View Post
I did get a call about my lab results. They said most things looked normal, but my thyroid is borderline low, and the Dr wants it retested in six months. I'm wondering if even though my thyroid isn't technically below range yet it could still be causing my body an issue...
Ugh, thyroid ... you know, there is a range of what is 'normal'. So if you're low but not technically below range, you may be low for you. You might also have some auto-immune stuff going on. (I know of these things). Are you lower than you were last year? Don't want to butt in, but MDs are sometimes slow with this thyroid stuff and that thyroid is an important little thing. Would you be comfortable calling him back about this? Just a thought .....

Have a nice evening...I'll get in some ab work later tonight

Last edited by Exhale15; 08-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #363  
Warrior Princess

I've had my thyroid checked many times and will have to continue to test every so often probably forever. My Mother developed Graves Disease during pregnancy with me and eventually thyroid cancer so...yeah. Luckily so far every test has been normal. I am fatigued a lot but I think that's due to stress more than an physical issue. I do seem to have a heck of a time losing weight too but that could be age. Pre-kid I could lose weight just thinking about it.

Today went nicely. I got a lot of sleep; awoke today early to get hair cut, pedicure and eyebrow wax. Then went for lunch with my BF and also applied for a job. I think I might be able to get Jill done tonight but tomorrow will be iffy depending on TOM's level of rage.

I LOVE this polish it's called Turquoise & Caicos by Essie. <3

Be back later to report.

Last edited by novangel; 08-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #364  
Joie de Vivre!!

I cut the walks short again. I was feeling too sick. By the evening I'm just too run down for that much activity, even though it doesn't seem like it should be so hard. I'm feeling pretty pessimistic again... I will try to play with the puppy to tire him out a bit more before bed though.

Luckily my brother said he got accepted at an apartment (hopefully it doesn't fall through like the last three or so times he's said that...), and my husband said we can help him with a pet deposit and take a weekend to drive them back down asap. I really hope it's soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #365  
Joie de Vivre!!

I'm still feeling sick this morning. I have not found my optimism again like I did yesterday. I suppose it's because I have not found any new energy. I'm feeling just as worn as when I went to sleep.

I decided to skip the morning walk since I really don't have the strength for it now, and I think I was kind of wasting my energy with it anyway. The puppy recovers from that exercise by the afternoon, which is when I need him to start getting tired, but I'm too tired from expending myself earlier in the day to deal with it. That's what I'm accustomed to though... I push to get housework and exercise done in the morning and afternoon, then I spend the evening resting and get in bed by 8:30 or so. I think if I had the dogs long enough I could eventually get them to adjust to my schedule, but I'm probably clashing with the fact they are used to being up later with my brother.

During the day they are content since I'm around, and they play with each other. I will walk them around the yard a few times during the day, then try to do a longer walk in the evening.

It looks like my brother is actually getting into this apartment. So we might be able to drive the dogs back to him either this or next weekend. I'm hoping for this weekend, but something needs to be fixed on the car first... (Of course it picked this week to break. I suppose that's a lot better than breaking on the drive though!)

Last edited by TheBunneh; 08-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #366  
Warrior Princess

I got Jill done last night and plan to work out tonight as well but I will see how I feel. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #367  

Funny thing. I love love love music...all kinds, world/ethnic music, ambient dub, alternative, neo soul and the list goes on. But, until last night I never took ear phones and a music gadget to the gym with me. Last night, I plugged in to my favorite pandora station (an artist named SBTRK) and got my work out on. I was not playin around...lol the music totally motivated me to give it all I could. So if you are ever feeling bored or uninspired during your work out...tune in to your favorite beats and I am sure it will put some spunk in your step (squat, lift or jog).

Take care,
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #368  
Warrior Princess

I agree Lulu! My ipod gets me through workouts much better!

I watched The Incredibles with my son last night and fell asleep by 10:30pm, I was super fatigued. I will try for tonight. Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #369  
Just watch me ...

Happy Friday

Lulu, I especially like tuning in during long walks

Yoga last night. I've been pretty consistent this month. This weekend I'm hitting the gym - going to aim for 3 cardio/weight - type workouts a week, to supplement - even if it's just 30 minutes.

Have a great weekend all
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #370  
Joie de Vivre!!

I feel better after resting most of yesterday. I took the puppy for a long walk in the evening and spent a lot of time playing with him. The car is fixed so we'll leave tomorrow morning to drive them down, stay the night, then get home Sunday night. I'm planning to get up early tomorrow and walk the puppy for as long as I can so he'll be good on the drive (and I can get some calories burned before being inactive for about 8 hours two days in a row).
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #371  

Hey Novangel and Exhale15 Music...oh...music...lol. What do you listen to when you work out. I love sharing music.

So tonight my partner and I are gonna do yoga at a place called the Yoga Shelter in Studio City. Very cool vibe...they play cool music during all the classes...

Have a good weekend everyone and remember to do fun, active social things like swimming, biking or hiking during your free time. Exercise doesn't just have to be at a gym or studio. Our bodies love variety....and fresh air.

Keep it movin' ladies,
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #372  
Warrior Princess

Lulu, 80's rock/metal seems to be my favorite workout music thus far.

I'm getting ready for Jill in a few minutes here. I'm so not feeling it but I gotta do what I gotta do.. I wish I was at goal already and just worrying about maintaining.

So I bought myself some Radisse/Juvaderm injections for my 38th birthday. The perio surgeon at my office got certified for cosmetic injections so there are perks to my job. The smile lines wore out their welcome and the left side of my upper lip was thinner than my right. I'm still a little swollen but so far I'm happy with the results. I'm not the kind of woman that will age without a fight but that's just me. He also does Botox but I'm not brave enough for that...yet. I still look pretty young for my age and I plan to keep it that way.

Be back later.

Last edited by novangel; 08-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #373  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Ok I survived Jill, took a shower and now I'm laying in bed watching Pirates of the Carribean. Goodnight!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #374  
Warrior Princess

I have to add that I'm addicted to Sabra roasted garlic hummus w/ low cal pita chips. Can't get enough! And I'm sure I reek!

Ok, now I'm going to sleep.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #375  
Warrior Princess

Good morning? *crickets chirping*

I'm going to get some cleaning done and then off to the pool for a play date. I'll BBL. Have a nice weekend, everyone!