Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #196  

~~~~Dont waste your money on the Full Bars!!!!~~~~~ I done excatly as the instructions told me to do. It didnt fill me up and the taste oh my goodness the taste ...I dont know anything else to say except the only thing good about the bar is the wrapping! I will NOT buy another box! My friend at work bought some too she is very disappointed also!
sheilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #197  

This is one of those products that work for some and not for others. I don't find the tast of them to be awful at all. I also find that it is much more pleasant for me to eat one than to take the psyllium pills. I have taken them in the past with much success, but after a while, swallowing those pills down makes me want to gag. Same thing with mixing psyllium in water-GROSS. I do like to put a little bit on my yogurt, just a dusting so it stays crunchy and doesn't turn into a glue ball after getting too wet.
Drinking a lot of water to get full just aggravates my heartburn, so that is not an option.(which goes with the psyllium pills as well) Also, I am a person that naturally drinks a lot of water and this has NEVER helped me get more full. I tend to drink a lot during meals for the same effect but am finding the heartburn problem aggravated by that also.
Eating fruit before I eat only makes me much, much hungrier.

I've also tried slimquick and LOVED it. But it's so expensive that had to go. I didn't find it to be anything like diet pills I had tried a half a dozen times over the course of 23 years of fatness.

If you eat just puffed wheat hoping for the same effect, good luck with that. There isn't enough fiber in it to compare to a fullbar.

Again, this is all about what works for you. For some it is worth the try- desired results or not.

MBSC

PS- I read this whole forum, and there were a lot of pages! The things I'm saying aren't directed at any one person or written thought, but as a response to general ideas that seemed to have been woven in and out of the discussion. I also wanted to say that I agree with tealeaf about finding alternatives that do the same thing as fullbar. Unfortunately I am to the point where I have spent so many years doing the "eat right and exercise thing" without losing the weight I'm starting to wonder about other methods.

Last edited by MBSC; 07-09-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: to add the ps.
MBSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I have to say the Fullbar did not work for me it never solved my issue of being hungry and the taste was not great. I bought the peanut butter and the chocolate. I'd say save your money and just eat extra fiber.

Good luck everyoen!
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 AM   #199  

Post Full Bar vs bariatric surgery

I think Dr Snyder, the FullBar developer, developed this bar for the morbidly obese (have a body mass index/BMI of over 40% or 100 lbs over ideal body weight). When you're 300+ lbs overweight and your dr keeps pushing bariatric surgery ($40,000), FullBar doesn't seem so outrageous or expensive. I'm all for saving money but I also know I won't stick with a program that is too thought provoking or labor intensive. I am fat because I hate prepping food and love grab-on-the-go meals. I also think the best dinner entree is a pint of ice cream; okay, make that a half gallon. As fat as I am, I can't help but think of those who are bed-ridden and say they exist on a meal of 2 chickens, 4 hamburgers, 2 lbs of potatos, 6 ears of corn, etc. They cannot simply eat a piece of fruit or drink a glass of water before a meal to feel full. Maybe one bar for them will not do it either but two bars might & it has to be better then what was already on their menu. I'm willing to put a little faith in the FullBar and save $39,950 while I'm at it.
all of me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #200  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

all of me - Let me say I can understand where you are at. I once weighed over 360 lbs. I would agree that a pint/half gallon of ice cream wasn't an uncommon dinner.

What worked for me in losing the weight and maintaining the weight I've lost is changing the foods I've eaten, eating filling foods and moving more. I would agree that the Full Bar seems to be aimed at those that are eating excessive calories and need something to help fill in the gap to help them eat less calories.

Although I do think drinking water, eating soup, eating a piece of fruit does help. I would recommend reading You: On a Diet as it does talk a lot about things to eat before a meal to help satiate you. From what I've seen of it, the Full Bar is designed based on volumetrics and there are a lot of high volume foods you can eat for little calories.

If you are already restricting your calories, then I think the Full Bar isn't for you. If you don't know where to start, I think it may be a starting point. Again, may be.

Having said that, I'd look at Costco as they are $16 for 15 bars.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 143/143/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone, I am on my second box of full bars. I haven't lost any weight but I do feel full after eating one and drinking 2 glasses of ice water. I think I am eating less and now I will start the treadmill. I hate to exercise in the heat. It has been in the 100's. I like the Cranberry Almond the best followed by the Caramel Apple Crisp.
Redhead
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 237/237/160

Height: 5'7

my sisters doctor actually recommended this product to her so that she could lose weight before getting gastric bypass. she lost almost 50 using it
ashleedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #203  

Default Full Bar

Hi-
I just got a full bar last night and saved it for breakfast today. It tasted fine, but basically is puffed wheat cereal with a light coating of chocolate and protein powder in rice syrup. It cost $1.75 at the local store.

I will let you know if it makes me full enough to not want anything else this morning. I have no qualms about it so far other than the price and
it is a little too sweet. I am supposed to be on a low sugar Zone type plan.

Probably better for you than surgery ... I am interested if someone buys a whole box if it helps you avoid everything else (like real food)
for an extended time period.

I have a special K iced tea with protein in it I like better.
Overcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #204  

Default full bar pt 2

Oh... just read the directions and I did not realize I was supposed to also eat breakfast this morning 30 min later.

So I was planning on only having a full bar. Well I'll see I am real busy trying to get ready for work. I had mine with an 8oz coffee and nf milk. combo
and I suppose a couple slices of mango will be the rest of my breakfast.
Overcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:49 AM   #205  

I'm going into my 3rd week of eating the brancrisp crackers I ordered. They look JUST like particle board. But they do taste better. I like them well enough spread with hummus or light cream cheese (mixed with dried ranch dressing powder, 'cause that's how I roll). I eat two at a time with a large glass of water because I don't want them setting up like concrete in my inners.

I'm down about 4 pounds so far. I find that they really do help with my "mindless eating" instinct that shoots me down when I get home from work. Perhaps a fullbar would work as well, perhaps not.

Each cracker has 12 calories and 5 grams of fiber, for a total of 14 calories and 10 grams of fiber, plus whatever the toppings I add. Hummus is what I usually use, so let's call it about 70 calories and 1 gram of fiber, just for fun. The crackers were 30 packs of ten for 65$, or about 22 cents each. I make my own hummus on the cheap, so let's call that around 50 cents per two cracker serving (I think it's less than that, though). So I'm spending less than a dollar per snack, and eating less than 100 calories. Total grams of fiber, 11.

Fullbars, in comparison, can be had at the website with a buy two months get one free deal for a total of $1.22 per bar. If you go with the two week deal then you're paying $2.50 per bar. And of course, there are reports in this thread on how they can be found cheaper. Depending on the flavor, they have between 150 to 180 calories. Per bar, depending on the flavor, they have 4 to 5 grams of fiber.

I have a gut (gut. Get it? Oh... nevermind) that this whole "eat fiber to curb hunger" thing might really work. It makes sense to me that it would. And even if not, well, eating more fiber does have other benefits that I feel no need to go into graphic details on.

In summary: If you are cheap or poor like me, and don't really like the idea of eating a sweetened bar for snack everyday, you might want to look into the getting some Bran Crisp Crackers instead. If you have a low tolerance of particle board looking foods you might be better off with the full bars.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:22 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 311/296/200

Height: 6'3

Cool New start!

Okay, So I am about to try this fullbar thing. This is my first day! I'll keep you posted!
Shanita11216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 215.5/215.5/155

Height: 5' 6.5"

I'm going to tray it too. Picking up some on my way home from work today. I saw an overweight mom w/ an overweight little girl yesterday. I'm a "new" (18 mo ago) mom, and I don't want that to be me and my daughter in a couple of years. My mom was overweight when I was young, but not when my sisters were. They're thin, I'm not. Not sure there's a correlation, but figure why take the chance? I've been overweight most of my life, don't want to saddle my daughter w/ the same issues I had.

Lost 35# after my daughter was born. Put 20 back on. Starting this to make sure I don't go all the way back to pre-birth weight! Hope these bars will give me the edge I need to get going again.

I feel like an idiot - how do you get the tickers at the bottom of the posts?
formyBigA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #208  

Default second day

Well, I can't believe this. So far in one day I lost 3 pounds! I have not been hungry at all! I eat want I want and not think about it, but the thing is, I didn't want anything! I love it!!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #209  

Default ?????

I want my ticker on the bottom too! how do you do it? anyone know how?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #210  

Default $1.09 per bar at Costco

Just picked up a box for $16 (15 Fullbars)at Costco as was previously mentioned. I'll let evryone know how it goes. I'll up the water intake and say goodbye to the beer.
TheRose76 is offline   Reply With Quote