Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 215/179/130

Height: 5'2

Smile New to Full Bar

Hello. New to the site and am loving all the feedback for the product I just started a few days ago. I have been really working on loosing for about a year now. I have gone from 215 to 179...as of this morning, Yeah! ... with the help of weight watchers. I am a recovering binge eater who has come to terms that I have to control the food not let the food control me.
I am finally up to five miles of walk/running 5 days a week and had hit a rutt in my weight loss.
I bought the full bar at Walmart...7.86 a box. The first day I ate the full bar before lunch and dinner as directed. I was so full my stomach actually hurt that evening after dinner....half of a very small steak and half of a baked potatoe and cup of green beans.
So the next day I only ate the bar before lunch and half before dinner. Much better, I did not feel like I was going to be sick.
I am only on day three but I am so excited to see what happens. Also I am trying my Crystal Light Energy Water in place of reg. water. It tastes great and it does up your energy, I know I can use that extra kick. Wish me luck!
ckoneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 469/447/180

Height: 5'6

Default Possible ingredients for a Home-made full bar

I have been reading ingredients and looking at both the full bar and the fill pill. What I have discovered is:

puffed rice cereal,-found in Full Bars
peanuts and/or peanut butter(sugar-free)
wheat germ (source of chromium which is in the fill pill)
bran/apples/seeds (source of cellulose also in the fill pill)
splenda
a little butter
a little honey.
Can anyone take this and turn it into a good/inexpensive recipe?

I weigh 447 lbs and need something to work in conjunction with a low carb diet or liver diet as the bariatric nutritionist calls it. My knees can't take the weight much longer.
bypassbound447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 180/170.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Red face

Here's the recipe I came up with. I have been enjoying them very much and they have worked great. Even my hubby has been eating them. I hope you enjoy.

For those that do not want to do searching: Here's what I have done to the recipe.

1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup Agave Nectar
t tsp Vanilla
7 cups of Kashi 7 Grain Cereal
1/2 cup bran

In a large sauce pan, melt coconut oil and boil
honey and Agave for 3 min. Stirring often. It will bubble.
Turn off heat and add Vanilla.

In separate bowl have cereal and bran mixed.

Pour sauce into cereal and stir like you are making
rice krispie squares.

Press mixture into a oiled or Pamed cake pan and let
cool. Cut into 12 even bars. They are 200 cal each.

If you mix in a can of nuts it adds about 50 cal, but worth
it.

Enjoy.

It has helped us out allot. I think it works and its alot cheaper than
buying them, plus I know what I am putting in them. I've added other
things into them as I feel, but remember to add the calories if you are
calorie counting. Stay away from the chocolate chips. They melt.

Last edited by valjcox; 06-18-2009 at 12:33 AM.
valjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 180/170.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to add that these are somewhat simple to make and if wrapped or put in plastic baggies, they last more than a week.
valjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #185  
#TeamFitness

S/C/G: 290/208/150

Height: 5' 6"

ok i'm on day number 3 with the fullbar. its not working with me. i dont feel any fuller. after i worked out 2 1/2 hrs last night i was hungry. i ate a full bar and had 20 oz water....my stomach was growling 30 mins later? i went to get something to eat and i ate the same amount i normally eat. so once i'm done with these bars i'm just leaving them alone. i rather stick to soy protein shakes at 230 cals after workout and my stomach want growl. i think it will be healthier for me just to try to eat small meals because i end up eating less calories. for me eating these small bars didnt cut my servings. i ate what i normally eat on top of 160 calories for the full bar. i drink plenty of water all day....almost a gallon. i am 250 pounds so i do need more water. i feel full within that 30 min-1hr of eating it but after that nothing. i think its just the fact that your drinking water and adding a few calories is the reason you fill full then...i dont see anything in this bar that would curb it more than an apple or soup before meal. no miracle bar for me.
rookietrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 258/253/190

Height: 5'11''

I bought a box of the apple caramel Fullbars today and tried one before dinner, and I have to say, they are really hard to take They do not taste good at all, and I had hard time swallowing them at times, they have a really unusual texture and I did not want to finish it, not because I was full, but because I was feeling sick from it.

So, I may or may not finish the box, but I don't think I would recommend them.

Katie
katiekate31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I bought some of them last week.... they did not fill me up like some of the posters here. The taste was not too bad. I don't think they are worth the price for me.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 143/143/130

Height: 5'3

Hi I am new to this sight. I have read all the posts on fullbar and tred them . I bought my first one from CVS and then I ordered them from Amazon through a sight called All Star Health and paid $15.50 for 12 bars and shipping. I found this to be the cheapest . I have gone through my first box and really haven't seen much weight loss. I want to loose 20 lbs.
Redhead
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 469/447/180

Height: 5'6

I have had the most success with the low carb diet. I started my bariatric journey 2 months ago weighing 469.3, I just had a nutritionist appointment on June 25th and am now at 433. I think the full bars will help curb my cravings expecially at work were I am chained to a desk at an inbound call center. I really think cutting carbs as much as possible is one of a multitude of keys to success. Especially when u weigh as much as I do it is difficult to do conventional workouts.
bypassbound447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #190  
Lisa B

S/C/G: 304/301/200

Height: 5 7

Just got the full bars on sunday @ costco. 15 bars for $17. got the chocolate good size taste ok will see what happens.
Lisab1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #191  

Default Fake Full Bar recipe - need help adding Whey protein

I found that Fullbar really works...stops me from eating too much (or much at all) during lunch and dinner and I have completely stopped snacking between meals...just don't even think about it, it just happens that way. BUT being on a disabled budget, my income is very limited and I couldn't afford the continued cost. I found a "Fake Fullbar Recipe" and while it kept me from eating too much at lunch and dinner (same very small amount like when I was on the real Fullbar), I found myself wanting to snack between meals again. In analyzing the ingredients on the actual Fullbar, the only thing missing in the "fake bar" is the 5 g of protein that comes from Soy Protein Concentrate. I try to avoid Soy for my own personal reasons, so I am wanting to try Whey Protein but I am so not a baker and I so do not have the money to test drive and experiment with adding the Whey Protein, as I cannot afford to throw away unedible bars. From the calculations provided to me by Jonni, the creator of the Fake recipe, it appears 7 scoops of the Whey Protein would need to be added to give about 5.4 g of protein in each bar. So my question is...has anybody seen her Fake Bar Recipe before and tried it AND if so, did you add any protein to it to equal the amount of protein in the real Fullbar? If so, can you please tell me how you did it? I really am liking the results from the real Fullbar and I also liked the taste and the results I get from the Fake Fullbar, BUT I want the urge to stop snacking to also be a benefit with the Fake Fullbar and I am thinking since the only thing missing is the protein, that that would do it. Can anyone help??? Thanks so much! (Since I am new and have not posted 25 times, I cannot add links to this post...email me if you'd like the link).
tamntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Well I am on my first Bar

I have seen this before and was scepital about this but I am willing to try anything. I have hyper thyoid and not a lot of energy even with my meds. SOOO We will see. I did find a website that was cheaper to buy these from allstarhealth.com $15.40 a box of 12.

I think they taste good
haneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #193  
Jaymee

S/C/G: 281/263/200

Height: 5'5"

I have tried these as well. I can't tell if they work or if it's just me being more aware of having to stop before I feel discomfort. I am only having one a day, before dinner.

Last night, to try something new, I just had a full bottle (16.9oz I believe) of Lipton Diet Green Tea before dinner and a bottle of water with dinner and was satisfied with a much smaller portion. But again, I was more aware of HOW much I put on my plate in the first place and NO SECONDS.

They are pretty expensive but if they work for you I think it's worth it. And they're not bad tasting either.

Last edited by crazyjayjay22; 07-03-2009 at 01:01 PM.
crazyjayjay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

HI GANG

THEY DIDN'T WORK FOR ME AT ALL THE CHOC. FLAVOR IS GROSS TO ME PEANUT BUTTER WASN'T TO BAD JUST NOT FOR ME ANOTHER ITEM I WASTED MY MONEY ON!!!!!
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #195  

I have to say, the commercial for Fullbar makes it look very inviting. Been on a very long plateau and now slowly inching up; I'm starting to feel pangs of desperation. But I also firmly believe that in order to have lasting weight loss, I have to make changes that I can live with for the rest of my life. Am I willing to eat a fairly expensive and sugary bar twice a day every day for the rest of my life? Not even slightly.

But the principle behind the idea still seems sound to me. So I'm going to try a modifed version of the "eat something high in fiber before a meal" idea. I've ordered a case of GG Bran Crispbread, and going to try that to help keep the hunger pangs down. Can I see myself eating a couple of crackers topped with a bit of hummus or lowfat cream cheese every day? Sure, sound yummy! I've always been more into the crunchy thing than sweet things generally anyways, and it seems like a much more "real" solution to me.

Going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. If it works, I will give thanks to the whole Fullbar concept for giving me this idea!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote