Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #166  
GuessZoo

S/C/G: 202/201/180

Height: 5' 11"

Default A little reward :)

So I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down a pound Twenty-one more to go - lol. I'm hoping I can shed a pound a week - a nice slow pace. I'm now finding, as I religiously eat my FullBars, that another side-benefit to the FullBar program is a mindset: If you're paying $2 to $3 per day, $60 to $90 per month, on FullBars, you think more about being "diet-conscious." For example, I ate my FullBar before going out to breakfast. My wife usually orders an omelette with onions and sour cream on the side. That way, what she is unable to eat, she would be able to share with me since I don't like onions nor sour cream. However, this time, I told her to order her omelette with onions and sour cream so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat any of hers - a mindset to support my own dieting and weight loss goal. As I've stated in one of my earlier posts: to me, these side-benefits make the FullBar worth its money to me, even if I couldn't be sure the FullBar was doing anything.
guesszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 150/119/108

Height: short. :(

Default My Fullbars came!

Okay so I promised to keep people updated so here's the skinny.

My fullbars came and even though I had cereal this morning for breakfast (special K) and a calorie progresso soup, I was SOOO hungry!! I mean... hollow hungry. I was chugging water to try to distract myself from it.

And then my full bars came. =)

Well I have to say, they're pretty gross... and that's me hungry. Most of the time things taste awesome when you're hungry but ... they weren't. I got the flavor pack and took a bite of berry bliss, peanut butter crunch and cranberry almond and they were all pretty bad. They Look crunchy but they're actually kinda soft and soggy.

The cranberry almond was alright so I ate half with a half a bottle of water, and I have to say, that hungry feeling is gone... I'm a compulsive snacker so I'm trying to slowly eat the second half of it until dinner and drink double the water to help feel even fuller- not exactly how you're supposed to use the bar but at least it saved me from a whole extra meal in my day. Mind you, I had a small bite of 2 other flavors as well so this could be slightly inaccurate but I doubt it can make that much of a difference.

The one I'm eating has 170 calories.

Ingredients: Brown Rice Syrup, Puffed Wheat Cereal, (Durum Wheat, Ferric Orthophosphate, Niacinamide, Thiamine, Mononitrate, Riboflavin), Soy Protein Concentrate, Honey, Diced Sweetened Dried Cranberries (cranberries, sugar, sunflower oil) Gum arabic, sunflower seeds, glycerin, agave syrup, roasted diced almonds, canola oil, salt, cinamon, natural flavors.

Doesn't sound bad but I don't see where the magic is... What's brown rice syrup and is Glycerin and gum arabic common in foods?

They're kinda high in sugar. I'll keep everyone updated with hunger etc.

Stay Strong!!!
till ur there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #168  

Talking tried the fuul bar

Hi my name is brandi saw this post joined to tell you gals a little about what i have found. I have been eating these bars for two weeks now and the esults are good enough that I am willing to continue eating them. You can buy them at gnc, target, and some grocery stores are selling them.
gnc has had a sell on them from the first time i bought them so they are about 25$ compared to 30.99 reg. price. I eat them before lunch and dinner because they are usually my biggest meals. For me they keep me from over eating or binge eating if I wait too long to eat. I have dropped 3lbs in two weeks so what ever. But I am using them for something else as well. I was very very successfull with LAweight loss and now that they are out of business and I am once again needing to drop 15lbs from living temp. with mom I am using the full bar as a way to eat less/ as well as subbing it for a la lite. So thats my two cents worth if any of it made any sence
stewartb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #169  

Default update

Okay I was hungry again and I'll probably be eating dinner when my husband comes home so I had another... well I had half and a little less than half a bottle of water (1 pint). I'm stuffed and I don't even have a craving for other food... I'm STUFFED. I DID however, just also have a grapefruit about half an hour ago.

Okay I don't work for Fullbar and I still think they're gross but I have to admit, I feel like I just ate until I was full. They're still gross though so maybe that's why I don't want to eat. I'm also over my daily calorie limit but I think that was mostly from this morning before they were delivered.

I tried the Caramel Apple Crisp one and it tasted almost exactly the same as the cranberry almond. This one is 160 calories instead of 170.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do this a little better. I've snacked so much all day that today didn't really count but I'll make tomorrow count.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #170  

Ok 2nd try!!! I read all of the posts yesterday and have deceided to try the fullbar. I was not full with 1 bar but then that is why I weigh 323 lbs as of 8pm on 06/01/2009. I also have physical limitations other then my weight. I have arthritis, fibar myalgia, and a mild stroke all by 47 years of age. So I am limited to a slow walk or swim, per doctors orders. I will weigh again in the am and keep this updated. I don't have an aversion to water so that is not a problem for me. I will also be trying some of the receipties that some of you have. Since I figure that will be cheaper to supplement my meals with that and the extra fibar wont hurt either.
wap1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #171  

Well it has been 4 hours since I ate my first bar and I have been peeing like crazy. To the point that I have lost almost 1 pound just in that time frame. I am also hungry so I will try another bar before bed as my stumick (?) hurts it is so empty. I hope tomorrow works better. I will have to go and buy some more. I will try GNC since someone said they were $25 for 24 whatever. I know I need to stock up.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #172  

Ok here it is on 6/2 and my weight this morning was 320.2. No real signs of gas like some of the others had. So so far so good.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #173  

Okay so I've been trying this full bar and thought it was okay... I have to say though, I saw another post earlier on this thread about the form pill and so me being a diet sucker- got it...

It's supposed to expand in your stomach with water- kind of like jello when you pour the powder packs in water- and it tricks your body into thinking you're full. I've taken two today (separate times) and drank the water etc... and honestly... I'm full. I feel like I'm full at least. I'm still skeptical so I'll wait but I'm doing updates on the form pill thread. IF it works (big IF), that would be great... I just would prefer it over the bad tasting full bars with all the extra calories and sugars and carbs that it's loaded with. I'm not asking for a miracle but if it can curb my hunger and cravings... I can do the rest of it myself - work out, eat healthy etc.

Keep your fingers crossed girls but keep an eyebrow up! I'll be trying it for a few days to see what happens.

<< Guinea pig. =)

Old 06-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #174  

Default till ur there

I hope the pills work for you they didn't for me. I think the sweetness of the bars is what is helping me. The taste is not as bad as some of the things I have tried through the years. Also how chewy they are helps me. I know you are supposed to eat breakfast but that has always made me gag if I try to eat first thing, so I got some slimfast for breakfast(yes I like the taste of that also). I'm hoping to get down to under 300 by december since I cant exercise due to health. If anyone wants to PM me so we can encourage each other in addition to this forum that is fine.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #175  

I'm new here - I found my way here after searching for a FullBar forum. Too bad the Fullbar web site doesn't have a forum set up.

Anyway, before committing to a full box of these, I purchased a cocoa & a peanut butter Fullbar off Ebay. They both were pretty good, the cocoa is a little better.

I just ordered two 12-count boxes from Amazon for $19.99 each, no shipping, no sales tax. They arrived today, and Monday I plan on starting them.

I don't find them expensive at all, if they work! I was on NutriSystem last summer and lost 25 lbs.; unfortunately I gained it all back. NutriSystem was VERY expensive compared to this.
Debby46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 323/273/150

GNC sells individual bars for I believe 1.99 or 2.19 in case you do not want to commit to buying a whole box.

M.
cocobuttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs down Target's Full Bar

Do not purchase from Target, they are smaller than the ones from GNC.
ImSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 180/170.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking Homemade Full Bars

So it's been three weeks making my own and I have to say I have been enjoying them and so has my hubby. For those that do not want to do searching: Here's what I have done to the recipe.

1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup Agave Nectar
t tsp Vanilla
7 cups of Kashi 7 Grain Cereal
1/2 cup bran

In a large sauce pan, melt coconut oil and boil
honey and Agave for 3 min. Stirring often. It will bubble.
Turn off heat and add Vanilla.

In separate bowl have cereal and bran mixed.

Pour sauce into cereal and stir like you are making
rice krispie squares.

Press mixture into a oiled or Pamed cake pan and let
cool. Cut into 12 even bars. They are 200 cal each.

If you mix in a can of nuts it adds about 50 cal, but worth
it.

Enjoy.

It has helped us out allot. I think it works and its alot cheaper than
buying them, plus I know what I am putting in them. I've added other
things into them as I feel, but remember to add the calories if you are
calorie counting. Stay away from the chocolate chips. They melt.
valjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Okay okay... so I promised to stay in touch and totally bailed. I'm another one of those people! I have to 'fess up... FullBar was a total failure for me. More honestly, I failed FullBar. I happened to like it... it was chewy and filling and it really tasted alright to me. And it did make me feel full.. painfully so sometimes. The problem was me! I'm some anxiety about things coming up... a move to a whole new way of life, looking for a fulltime job, and, well, the move is enough to send me into orbit. The problem with the anxiety is it causes me to eat. I'm not one of those 'lucky' people who loses her appetite when she's anxious... or cleans the house and mows the grass. Nooooo... I EAT my anxiety away. I'm paralyzed and the only thing that soothes me is eating. The FullBar could not override my anxiety! So, I'm still weighing the same and feeling like a failure... again.

But for those of you who are trying it... it could work. Right now, I'm looking at online recipes for it because it's too expensive for me and I'll try that. Plus, I'm getting out there and walking with my dogs twice a day. That's helping the anxiety.

That's my story. It helps when I read input from all of you, so I'll be better about checking in. Good luck, everyone!
AnneeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #180  

Default Walgreens sells them too!

I bought 3 today just to try before I dive head first into this expensive diet aid. They are $1.99 each and flavors vary by location. Good luck
StephinVegas777 is offline   Reply With Quote