Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #106  

Hello, I just wanted to give you my opinion of Full Bar. So far, I started them on last Wednesday and I am already down 6lbs. I find that it does help me control my hunger and I find i'm not snacking at night anymore.

For me my biggest issue was that I work in an office all day long and by the time I get home i'm famished, and extremely worn out so I would eat to stay awake after dinner. With the Full bars, I am satisfied for much much longer. And when i have the day when I feel that I'm a little more hungry i have a full bar instead of a snack Works for me so far. I'll keep you all posted!
silvercraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 235/206/160

Height: 5'5

Hey guys!

I too decided to venture out and try the fullbars. I had my first one with my dinner today and I did notice a significant difference in appetites. I also doing a meal delivery program and I've really been struggling with how small the meals are. After dinner I always end up cheating or being starving and miserable. Today I had a fullbar before dinner and I couldn't even finish my meal. I think I will continue this for a while but mostly just for dinner. Thats the only meal I have a problem with.
Goldfish085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 225/183/120

Height: 5'2"

I am going to GNC on my lunch break today. They have the Fullbar. 12 bars are 29.99. I will let you know how they work.
Debbie39321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Anyone try these who is on WW? Are they worth the 6 points? That's alot of points to spend on bars...
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 225/183/120

Height: 5'2"

I just tried my first fullbar. I ate the Caramel Apple Crisp and drank my water (I love water for the record). I am so full that I don't think I can even eat my lunch at all. If this helps me lose weight then the cost is definitely worth it. Between having CHF, Diabetics and Chrones disease my weight is killing me.
Debbie39321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeesa View Post
Anyone try these who is on WW? Are they worth the 6 points? That's alot of points to spend on bars...
I get 3 point for WW instead of 6
patsybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 237/237/185

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone, Malik here. This is my first post. I’ve really enjoyed reading this thread and appreciate everyone’s contributions.

Today is Day 4 for me with Full Bars. I’ve been taking the 150 calorie Cranberry Almond ones which I bought at GNC for something like $25. They’re working well but I’m also doing a lot of experimenting. I’ve been in the process of regaining all the weight that I lost last year (went from 240lbs to 205lbs and am now back to 230lbs) so my first objective has been to find a stress free way to stop the weight gain.

On Day 1 & 2 I had a Full Bar before each of my two meals and ended up eating substantially less than I have been lately. I purposely ate as much as I could to test out how well this would work. I would say that I’ve been averaging 3500+ calories a day lately (hence the weight gain) and on Days 1 & 2 ate about 2500 calories while still stuffing myself. I figure a guy of my size and lifestyle naturally burns about 2700 or so calories a day so I’m fairly confident that these Full Bars could be used on a maintenance plan if I stick to it.

Yesterday (Day 3) I did another experiment. I actually ate two Full Bars before lunch, and was only able to eat a small turkey sandwich of about 250 calories. This is amazing for me b/c lately I’ve been eating a 1000+ calorie lunch. After work, I went to four different grocery stores to see if I could find cheaper Full Bar alternatives. The only things I could find that were remotely close were plain unsweetened brown rice cakes. I ate 3 of those things at 70 calories each and then had what amounted to about a 300 calorie dinner. I think I ended the day at around 1600 calories and felt fully satisfied and even a little stuffed throughout the day. Pretty cool…

This morning (Day 4) I ate a bowl and a half of plain puffed wheat cereal with skim milk and stevia as a sweetener. I also ate 5 plain brown rice cakes, a 160 calorie low fat, low sugar protein shake, and a Full Bar throughout the morning before lunch. My wife and I went out to a sushi joint for lunch and I only ate 1 roll. I normally START with 3 rolls and then keep going. Right now it’s late in the afternoon and I still feel stuffed. I’ve had about 1100 calories so far today and think I can get away with only about 600-700 more for the rest of the day including puffed wheat. I figure if I can average 1600-1800 calories a day while dieting with this concept, the weight should drop off fairly easily. I’m also confident about my ability to maintain the weight loss due to my experiments on Day 1 & 2.

I think the key to the weight loss for me is that I feel I need more puffed wheat than is in two daily Full Bars to curb my monster appetite. I like the taste of the Full Bars, but they’re pricey for me. The Full Bar website sells 144 Full Bars for $195 (including shipping) which factors out to $1.35 a bar. If I eat 3 Full Bars a day (and I may need 4 on some days), then that factors out to about $120 a month. I’d like to come up with a cheaper alternative to that.

So tonight I’m going to experiment yet again and try and make my own Full Bars with the stuff that’s available in my local grocery stores. The only sugar free puffed wheat I’ve been able to find locally has been the Kosher brand cereal. I’ll be using that to make my own puffed wheat crispy cakes. I don’t want to use marshmallows b/c of the sugar, so I’m hoping that unflavored gelatin will be a good enough “glue”. I’m going to try adding some whey protein powder in there too which will jack up the calories, but also hopefully make it more filling. Plus, I’m still weight lifting while I’m on this diet and don’t want to loose any muscle due to the reduction in calories.

Has anyone been experimenting with homemade puffed wheat bars? Crzydoglady180 suggested a recipe on this thread and I think Janga talked about other protein bars she’s made, but I’d really like to know how well these are working out for people. Also, please post any sugar free alternatives to marshmallows. I’ve seen sugar free marshmallow creams for sale on the internet, but with shipping costs/time added these become pricey as well as time prohibitive.

Some people on this thread have complained about gas with Full Bars and I did have that problem the first day but it has substantially subsided since then. I guess we’re all going to have our own unique reactions. As far as appetite suppression is concerned, I think there is something to puffed wheat before a meal. I have an ENORMOUS appetite, yet I find that this concept is helping me eat significantly fewer calories while still feeling like I’m stuffing myself.

I’m pretty excited about this diet. I’ve gained and lost 35+ pounds at least half a dozen times in my life going all the way back to my early teens and am sick and tired of going through this over and over again. I’ve tried several radical diets, but I think I may have now found a concept which works for me, both on the weight loss and maintenance side. Hopefully I won’t get sick of puffed wheat though!

BTW, some people have asked for a Full Bar ingredient list. Here it is with the calorie breakdown for Cranberry Almond: Brown Rice Syrup, Puffed Wheat, Soy Protein Concentrate, Honey, Acacia Gum, Cranberries, Sunflower Seeds, Agave Syrup, Glycerin, Almonds, Canola Oil, Salt, Cinnamon, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil, Soy Lecithin... 150 calories per bar, 2.5g of fat, 30g Carb (5g fiber, 12g sugars), 5g protein
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #113  

Hello to Everyone,

I am new to this forum and after doing a little bit of reading I decided to check out the fullbar.com website. I was looking at the different ads on the site and the bars are kind of expensive and someone has some bad math skills or I am reading the ads wrong. The two week trial will give you a total of 24 bars and you are suppose to eat 2 a day, I thought that would be 28 bars. The 3 month supply is 144 bars, I figured that would be at least 180 bars. With shipping added to the total, the price per bar, 144 bars comes to about $1.35 a bar. So does anyone know why the totals are off, or is it me?

Thank you for your time and help.
rookie4926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #114  

Has anyone lost any weight with the fullbars??
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #115  
Determined Change Maker

S/C/G: 325/316.4/174

Height: 5'8

I tried them 6 months ago.........you can buy them individually at GNC. I thought that they were terrible. My human vaccuum cleaner guy friend couldn't even choke one down....and refers to them as "urinal cakes". Up to you if you want to try them......but I would just buy one and do the taste test for yourself.
thistimejag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie4926 View Post
So does anyone know why the totals are off, or is it me?
They suggest that you eat 2 full bars a day for 6 days a week. That means 12 full bars a week, 48 full bars for 4 weeks, or 144 full bars for 12 weeks (hence their buy 2 months, get one free deal).
Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #117  

Quote:
Has anyone lost any weight with the fullbars??
I've only been on the diet for 2 weeks so I think it's too early to tell for me. I'd love to hear responses from people who've been on the diet for a few months.

I'm actually counting calories while on this diet with the help of my "edibles" program on my IPhone. I've been shooting for 1800 calories a day (I figure I naturally burn around 2600 calories a day). Most days I go over the calories a little bit. I use a combination of store bought full bars, homemade full bars (I still can't replicate the texture of the full bar, but I can get the taste and calorie content replicated well), and by putting puffed wheat in pretty much everything I eat (I find this helps get me fuller faster).

Hope this helps.

Edit: I should probably also mention that I usually eat 4 full bars a day. Two before lunch and two before dinner. I have an enormous appetite. I think most people would probably see results with 2-3 a day though.

Last edited by Malik; 02-13-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #118  

Hello All,

Can someone tell me where to buy the psyllium seed husks? I ran a few searches on Google but all I can find is capsules. Locarbarb2 suggested using Tablespoons and teaspoons with 1 or 2 cups of water and the capsules just wouldn't work.
I tried to send a PM to her to ask, however for some reason I need to make at least 10 post to the forum before I can send a PM????????????????????

Thank you for your time and help,
Rhonda
Old 02-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #119  

Quote:
Can someone tell me where to buy the psyllium seed husks?
I take sugar free metamucil which is a powder that contains mainly psyllium fiber. It's available pretty much everywhere. I picked up a bottle at Kmart for something like $8.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #120  

Update I had to give the Fullbars up permanently. The same bowel issue came roaring back. (History: normally I don't even think about my bowels. Never any problems so this came as a surprise.) So I stopped the bars for what I thought was short term to contact the Fullbar site for recommendations. Sent an email through the Fullbars.com site and never received a response, nada. So fair warning there is absolutely NO customer support with this product. They want your money but they don't want to hear from you. So the good doctor and his diet product disappoints me greatly. Cross another diet product off the list.
desertdiva2u is offline   Reply With Quote