Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #106  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dragging a bit this morning - maybe because the darned scale is going up again. I suspect it's water weight and am going back on the diuretic this morning. I need to nip it in the bud before I put on 19 pounds again! FBGL 3.7.

Threw together a veal stew in the crockpot yesterday morning. It was so nice to have a lovely aroma in the house on a cold, cold day. I love my crockpot.

Not sue what today will bring. It's gym day but the driving may keep me home. If so, I'll hit the treadmill.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Y'all have a great day!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #108  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

just a quick update on "the job". (car has an appointment in few)
well, everyday he would text me. i'll call if the fliers are in the mail. so everyday i would get up dress, makeup, hair, and wait. i knew by noon if no text, no fliers. so friday i had a really bad headache and was laying down to get rid of it, just in case. he textes again "i'll call if their in the mail". i texted him back, "if they aren't in today, get the other girl to do them, i am not going to do this anymore". everyday i had included in my prayers that if they were suppose to be there, then let them be. and those darn fliers showed up in saturdays mail. so that was my sign i just was not suppose to do this. but, part of my (low selfasteam) says you should have just waited. i was just tired of waiting.......so no new shoes. with tax money.
gotta get going. lots of accidents out there today. it rain. that's a new thing around here lately.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #109  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

accidental exposure to grapefruit yesterday when a co-worker was having one, and my food got squirted. Answers the question of whether I am just allergic to lemon or all citrus. WORST hives in months. no anaphylaxis , but my torso and butt are just one mass of red. My bum is so warm, you would think I was sitting on a heating pad. FBS was 7.4 this am , suspect it has to do with either the meds or the reaction. Weight also up this am, suspect I am retaining fluid in the hives. (who knew it would add 3-4 pounds though)

Spending the day in comfy pjs until I have to work.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends.

I was awake early this morning after a very stressful day at work yesterday. fbs at 81. My weight is still not moving but I am keeping the faith and the program I lifted weights this morning. Even though it doesn't take as much time or burn as many calories as aerobic stuff, I am trying to keep my goal of direct muscle work. I feel the need for toning. I am eating a little more but still getting in at 1100 - 1200 calories per day.

Mad, I am so sorry about the citrus accident! That must be so uncomfortable. Though there was no shock from that tiny amount it is concerning.... Imagine if you had gotten a bigger exposure

Ruth, glad that you are back on the diuretics before things get out of hand. Feel better.

Chipper, I think you were being treated badly. Self Esteem is a consequence of valuing yourself and refusing to be treated badly. I'm sorry you will have to wait to get your shoes but I am glad that you stood up for yourself.

Bonnie, How's it going?

Trish, you have a good day, also

I will check back here later.

Rie
Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #111  
Come on Spring!

Donna and I did go to the gym, icy roads and all. I feel much better for having done it.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #112  
Madeleine

I did it, went the WW meeting. Felt like going to AA, my name is Madeleine and I am a foodaholic. Maybe the accountability will help me. DIdn't feel like the "meeting" part was particularly helpful, but they sure supply you with a lot of "stuff" to read and that included a menu plan. These are helpful for me. I gotta get DH on board with menu planning so that he cooks more complete meals.
Well, off to sign in online with my membership. If it works, the price is small.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #113  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies well Still have to get my Wii hooked up in my room will make my son do it in the am. Went walking tonight almost the whole family joined we only walked one mile But better then nothing.

Still trying to get my food under control I have some things I have to do. My FBS was 81 this morning so that isn't bad. Well I better be going I have to get up in the am to go walking again..
Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #114  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I'm up way too early, thanks to the doggie howling chorus. We have coyotes (wolves?) in the woods and my darlings are auditioning for their choir.

BGL 4.2 and weight starting down a bit thanks to the diuretic. Food was very good yesterday although I did change my supper menu from pasta to a chicken salad - just ran out of the energy to cook a sauce. I'll do that this afternoon. I got my order from Low-Carb Canada and will be giving the magic noodles another try. They are not the same as real pasta but ...

Mad, are you doing WW online or at meetings? I tried both and decided meetings were a waste of time and money. The leader tried but the meetings were repetitious. At least with South Beach, I can bore myself! However, everyone has to find a food plan that suits their own lifestyle. Believe me, I've tried them all - except fasts and purges.

I hope everyone has a day of mindful eating - you are worth it!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #115  
Madeleine

HI all: fbs this am 5.8, still not coming down much, and never really has. SO, I tucked my "bready" breakfast into my ww guide, and its 4 points, before I put any peabu or cream cheese on it! I was surprised, but looked at the bag of flaxmeal, and realized that while it is low carb, (the carbs about equal the fibre) it is high fat. Never realized. Good fat of course.
The new points plus plan doesn't count most veggies, and same for fruits, they all have 0 points, so that is my filler, close to what I do now, but gives some freedom for fruit. Will be planning on snacking on apples etc. Thats something new I will enjoy.
The meeting was weird, with stars being given out to people who had lost weight. Don't really love that, but I like supporting others. Maybe in a few weeks I will be able to genuinely celebrate the successes of my ww the way I do here. It made me realize how much you all mean to me, having the support here and wanting to hear how people are doing here.
Ruth, I am doing a combined plan, I am to go to a weekly meeting, at least to weigh in, but pref for the whole thing, and have access to all the online stuff. I like the points calculator and food tracker. I tried fitday and another one, and didn't find it helpful. This one is easier to use, so I might actually use it.
They weren't alarmed about me not eating grains, but they are adamant that we eat to our points. (I am sure you mostly know, you get base points and flex points, and we are to eat to base points so we get minimal nutrition every day.)

On another note, insomnia struck again, but usually when I can't sleep, I am wide awake, but this am I was really tired. Got up and came downstairs, and napped a bit on the couch so that was good, though I had weird dreams.
Have a busy day, and have to figure out how to manage my points between lunch potluck, the afternoon snack at a meeting and a potluck party tonight.
There won't be much opportunity for exercise so I need to get on the treadmill asap.
hope to read about you all tomorrow morning.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

fbs at 92 this morning. A little high, possibly because I had a very restless and practically sleepless night. I also ate a few wheat thin crackers last night at pool.

We are having a major storm here and yesterday morning I slid on ice and had a wreck. bummer. I haven't had an accident since I was 15 years old. It was very slow motion, not serious and I am thankful that no one was hurt. Although I was the driver in the rear, and therefore "at fault" for insurance purposes, I didn't get a ticket. It wasn't really a big deal but I went immediately to work, had back to back meetings all day and then headed for home. As I exited the interstate near my home, another driver lost control and forced me of the exit. I had to drive over 3 miles on very icy road to get to the next exit. And this was with my heart pounding! I came home and just cried. I had to go out again last night for pool league - it was probably a good thing although it was scary to drive. I am ok, though.

Fatmad, I am proud of you for going to the meeting and checking out a new plan. It will be nice for you to be able to enjoy some fruit. It will take time for you to feel a true part of the group. If that doesn't happen for you, the program might still work well. I agree with you about the support here. It is like no other group that I have joined.

Bonnie, your fbs is solid so that is really good news. It sounds like you are really settling into your new life.

Trish, Lindy, everyone.... I hope you have a good day with mindful eating.

Rie
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone. So I've been staring at the Chat thread for awhile and just now got up the nerve to join in. It would be nice to have some support for what I find is a very confusing disease for me. Sorry in advance for the length. :-)

I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I was actually told by a nurse over the phone after my doctor diagnosed it from my blood work. Now I really do like my PCP. She's informative yet non-judgemental. But really a nurse over the phone? And it was right before I was taking a 3 week trip overseas. So because I didn't really get any guidance (just a script for 500mg metformin) I didn't really take it very seriously. So over the past year I've pretty much avoided it. I never tested my blood sugar and was bad about taking my medication. So surprise, surprise, my checkup six months ago showed no change and she uppded me to 1000mg of metformin.

So about 4 months ago I decided to take really take the weight loss thing seriously. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, hashimotos, depression/bipolar. Got a lot going on and many different doctors. Overall I know that a weight reduction will help all of this (except maybe the hashimotos). I hired a trainer and nutritionist in October. It was the nutritionist who really convinced me that I needed to really start taking this seriously. She told me to get a glucose monitor and set me on a low carb diet.

And of course I ignored the diet for a few months. I'd try it every now and then but would give in to my cravings. I also didn't give up alcohol. And I'm in a neighborhood that drinks a lot together. So I went back to my PCP in December and found out that my sugar was still up around 200. She upped my metformin to 2000mg and I decided it was finally time to get my life in order.

So starting in January (not a resolution though!), I really started meal planning and working out 3 times a week. It's only been a few weeks but it's really helping. We've gotten my post meal bs down to around 112 - 130. Way better than what it was. But unfortunately my fasting sugar is still anywhere between 150 - 190. I'm worried that when I go back to my PCP in March that she's going to want to change my medication. And I DON'T want to go on insulin. So I'm hoping that some weight loss will start to help my numbers.

Anyway, sorry this was so long. But this is my story. I'm hoping that starting to talk openly about this will help with my journey. I really have to take this seriously and I don't want to fall off the wagon anymore.

Thanks for listening!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Another quick fly to say to everybody and to aliasihaya.

Have some errands to run. I'll be back later for indies.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #119  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

aliasihaya.

Just got back from taking the dogs for a haircut and it's -25. I wouldn't have normally, but wanted them clean for the dog sitter next week.

I forgot to take my medication last night and FB was 7.7.

Mad, I hope WW works for you.

Rie, so glad no one was hurt. The roads around here are the same. Today was the first day I ventured out since Monday.

Bonnie, good luck with the Wii. I love mine, but I don't seem to use it as much as I'd like to.

Have a great day.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #120  
Madeleine

did pc testing twice today, since I added fruit. I had a small dish of blueberries with breakfast and some melon and strawberries this afternoon. (had fruit tray and cheese tray served at one of the 4 meetings of the day). Both pc sugars were WNL so I can handle the fructose, it will remain to be seen if I lose weight. Its good the veggies are 0 points, but eating to atkins otherwise sure has the points adding up fast. Will be using a few flex points tonight at the party. A friend took his citizenship oath today and we are going to a "Canadian" party.
I resisted the urge to make tourtiere and tarte sucre, the French Canadian specialities that I excel at. THe latter would do me in totally. I love it, and its good I no longer live in Quebec to eat it regularly. ALso no beaver tails.
But we do have good stuff, like Lumberjack shirts, I am dressing as Superman (a Canadian created comic!) and DH will be Doug MacKenzie.
SHould be fun.
Have had supper, so planning only diet soda and some cheese tonight.
Closed Thread