Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

It was so cold I wanted to stay in bed, but talked myself into getting up and going to church. DH couldn't sleep so he went with me. Just the 2 of us and the 2 DGD. Came home and the DD and her hubby took all the kids and left for a while. I think they finally got it. I had to tell the kids several times the last 2 days to turn off lights when the leave a room and they still don't do it. Oldest DGS smarted off about how they hear this every month. I finally told him, "We told your Mother when we agreed to this that we couldn't pay more than what we paid before you came here to live. Now I don't have enough money to pay all the bills this month when they come in". We got home and she had written a little note in a card that she wanted to give us something for our anniversary and she knew that this was stressing us out and how she didn't expect some of the things that happened with their situation naming them and there was a check in it for $25. Of course she has to know we won't cash it or I don't think DH will. I got up this morning and found water on the floor in the laundry room so not sure if my washer has gone out or there is a leak somewhere. Can't buy another one right now with all the hospital/doctor bills coming in. It will work out but they do need to remember what we have been trying to tell them even before they moved here.

DH and I have been watching tv and just enjoying the quiet. We don't get that much. I thought we were starting a new series at our small groups at church and I had planned to go, but it starts next week so I have one more Sunday night of do nothing and I plan to enjoy it.

Eating has been good. Staying OP. Today is my actual WI day on WW and I'm down 2.5 lbs since Friday but still not back down enough to make ticker truthful. I eat a lot of veggies which I love.

Fatmad, Chipper, Bonnie, Rie and Ruthie and everyone else Have a great Sunday.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-29-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #182  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Weight down another smidge to 180.4 but still not back into the 170s. BGL good at 4.6 though, amazing after a big meal of stuffed roast pork, potatoes and a lemon square last night at "girls'" family dinner. (Four of us "singles" get together monthly with their kids for a traditional Sunday night dinner.)

Knees are too sore for gym this morning so I've opted out. I may do a bit of gentle treadmill. I'd love to get back to walking but there is still ice all over everything out there.

I'm not on WW but am evaluating my meals lately and know I need more veggies. Salads just don't tempt me in winter but I do enjoy roasted veggies. I found some Brussels sprouts in the local store once again and will plan my meal around them.

Patty, sound like you and your DH are reclaiming your lives. Stick to it!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #183  

Good Morning Chickies,

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry. It is going to warm up a little each day here and then start going back down and rain this week end. Up rather early this morning and already got my exercise done this morning. Had a few bites of watermelon and will make either egg omlet or oatmeal in a few minutes. Haven't really decided which I want yet. DSIL is working all week and that will be good. I will have to get up each morning by 6:15 and I can get my exercises in each day which is hard to do when everyone is around.

Ruthie - Sorry about the knees. You think the cold weather has much to do with it? I have had my right knee acting up last few morning. I am hoping the exercise will help. I know it always helps my hip joints when I exercise. After a few days of exercise they seem to settle down. You would think that would get me off my duff and exercise doesn't it? And these are the "golden" years? LOL Although I do eat salads during this time of the year, I don't eat them as much, however, I am really enjoying eating homemade soups.

Got my wash done and last load in the dryer. I hate folding clothes, but on WW housework counts for Activity pts so that is enough to motivate me although I don't use my Activity pts. I just like to have them for any error in counting pts. Also don't use the Weekly Pts much either just like to know they are there for special occasions. My washer is leaking and not sure what is causing that. Not leaking a whole lot so I'm thinking a hose could be loose or gone bad. Hope it is something simple. DD said this morning that if we couldn't get it fixed that they would bring theirs out of storage and use it.

I weigh every morning and my weight is almost back down to what shows on my ticker. Hopefully it will be right by the end of this week. I'm actually enjoying WW this time around and losing the weight helps inspire to stay with it.

Sorry I'm a little wordy this morning. Guess I better get busy and feed this little boy here.

Bonnie, Chipper, Fatmad, Rie and everybody have a great Monday.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #184  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

hi all. fbs 4.9 today. First time under 5 in ages. I had a granola bar before bed last night, so maybe even with the metformin I need a carby snack at bedtime.
I have been trying to get away from eating in the evening for weight loss purposes, but keeping my sugars stable is first thing. Will try that for a little while.
Going for a trail walk this am with the dog, and getting in a few appts this week while I am off work. Planning activity everyday. A bit of snow here, but not too much to manage. Hope you stay warm Ruth!
Trish, enjoy the peace and quiet when you can. Hope the washing machine doesn't require an expensive fix. It has probably been working overtime for two families.
Hello to everyone else, and keep posting, I love to read how everyone is doing.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 89 this morning and I am not sure why?? I woke with a little scratchy throat but I feel ok. I did 40 minutes of walkitout.

Ruth, I hear you on wanting to walk outside. It is mostly dry here but I just know that I will be the one to slip, fall, and injure myself. I just can't afford the setback... I hope your knees continue to feel better.

Trish, hopefully the washer is just a hose or something...

My weight is up this morning but I think it is the result of non-home cooked meals and water retention. My rings are a little tight. My plan is for really good eating for a few days til the superbowl parties on Sunday. Life happens, right? I would really like to see the 160's.

Well, Fatmad, Chipper, Lyndy and others.... Happy Monday!

Rie
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #186  
Madeleine

took DD out for supper this evening to Swiss chalet, was about to track the points, afterward but didn't have the handy restaurant guide to help me, good thing I had the 1/4 chicken with salad, not the chicken pot pie. (10 points vs 19!) I love the chicken pot pie. Will have to look up some recipes to make my own at home with reasonable points.
The snow is piling up here. Plan to ski at the conservation area tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #187  
Come on Spring!

Mad, I love Swiss Chalet! Good for you to resist that wonderful pot pie! I spotted my x-country skis in the barn the other day and was tempted but my old knees yelled "No!No!"

BGL up at 5.7 this morning and old Mr Scale is still constipated at 180.4. Just a half pound would allow me to fix my ticker. Yesterday was a bit carby with pea soup and crackers at noon and pasta for supper. Duh! What do I expect?

Got my eyes tested yesterday and got heck from my optometrist. I knew but had forgotten that diabetics need an eye test yearly. I haven't had one for three years. No problems though. My left eye distance vision has deteriorated slightly so I need just one new lens. Whew! I also still have that wee cataract but he says it is very small and can stay there as long as it doesn't interfere with my vision.

Hey! Last day of January at last. We'll start a new thread tomorrow - first person in gets the honour!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #188  

Smile

Good Morning,

My computer crashed yesterday so just have very basics. DH had to start it over with the factory settings so will be like a new pc. We just have to put things back in that I use a lot like 3fc. I was really lost without it. I still don't know what happened, but as much as I would like to share it, I don't think I will do it this time. I'm just not going to take the chance again. I never had any problem except with the pc not wanting to read the printer before I started sharing it. DH must have worked all night just to get it to the place to where I can use it on line.

I had to pull the Metformin back to 1000 mg a day. I'm having muscle spasm in places I didn't know I had muscles. I'm taking B-100, calcium and magnesium to stop the leg spasms and still had them even when taking 1500 mg. So I can't take more than 1000 mg. Hoping I can keep taking the 1000 mg. FBS up this morning, but the scales are moving down and the ticker is finally honest again. So like I've said before, I do believe that when I get the weight down the blood glucose will be better as well.

Fatmad - Good job choosing the 10 pts chicken instead of the 19 pt pot pie. It really makes it difficult eating out sometimes and I have had to guesstimate many times when eating out. You did a good job.

Ruthie - Hope the knees are better soon.

Rie - I experience some swelling when I eat out in some places too. I think some places use more salt than others. It means drink more water than usual to flush it out.

Chipper, Bonnie and others - Hope y'all are doing well.

Have a good day!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #189  
Madeleine

fbs back to 5.3 this am. The bedtime snack I had wasn't so carby I guess. (greek yogurt with raspberries and a handful of fibre 1 cereal). That particular meal is only 4 points using nonfat yogurt so I had it for breakfast too. Quite filling, and better than the cereal with milk and berries, I get more protein and it really "sticks".
trish, I hope it wasn't other family members on the computer who did something to make it crash. I have a password on my laptop now because DD kept using it and changing things, drove me crazy. I bought her "university" laptop 6 months early and banned her from the ones DH and I have for just that reason.
Got quite a bit of snow last night, the trail should be great. Ruth, I don't know if you have flat rail trails in your area, but we do, no hills, so the knees are happy since there is no impact. ON the other hand, if one isn't stable and falls, well its nasty getting up again.
I am calculating I will be about 160 lbs for the wedding if I can keep losing 1 pound a week. Not as much as I would like, but will plan to keep going for the whole year, (I figured I need to lose 40-50 pounds) and learn to go through the whole year this way, so it will be 2nd nature.
after giving up the chicken pot pie yesterday I have a terrible craving for it, so will plan that for supper tonight. Have found a few recipes on line so it can be far fewer points, easily. Yum!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all!

fbs at 86 this morning. My weight is still up a little but I am being patient. Today is my mom's birthday and I have agreed to take her to here beloved china buffet for lunch. I will just be careful and enjoy the time with her. Ds has a really low cal supper of fish and veggies planned.

Mad, that breakfast sounds good and similar to what I often eat. Enjoy the ski time.

Ruth, remember those "nordik trak" ski things? Supposed to be easy on the knees but I sure couldn't do it. Too bad, I always thought it looked like fun. I hope your ticker gets tired of time out soon.

Very strict rules are required for computers. I recommend that you password protect yours. It helps. Such a bummer that the metformin keeps giving you problems. Sorry. But you are right that getting the weight off will help.

Chipper, Lindy, Bonnie.... Hello!

Rie

Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #191  
Come on Spring!

Here's our new thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post4198306
Closed Thread