Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello friends!

fbs at 86 this morning. Probably because I didn't sleep well. I ate my usual breakfast and I have my day planned. I intend to make this a low calorie day so I am planning for baked fish and roasted veggies for supper. I absolutely love roasted cauliflower! yum.

Trish, I am very fond of low carb or moderate low carb. When I was first diagnosed, I was allowed the standard diet of 145 carbs per day. I actually ate 45 - 60 at most. I don't eat huge amounts of fat but I get some olive oil in cooking. You will find your way. Hang in there.

Ruth, it sucks to get old.... I agree. I just don't agree that any of us are old. All four of my grandparents lived until their mid 90's so my ideas of old may be different. Glad that you felt like cooking yesterday.

Mad, yup, I am amazed at the temptations that abound in our worlds. For me, it was some mexican chicken creamy dip that was served at a meeting yesterday. I took a tiny amount and two chips and then kind of pushed it around on my plate. Planning works but I am often troubled by the amount of "obligatory" eating that we have to deal with.

Lea, what kind of plan are you thinking of using?

Well, I will check in later.

Rie
Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Here is the article I mentioned earlier.

http://www.youmeworks.com/whylowcarb.html
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Trish - Very interesting article! Thanks -
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #79  

Rie I'm sure low carbing is the way I need to eat if I want to get the blood sugar where it should be and where I want it. I should be thankful that this works. Thanks for the encouragement.

Kris The article plus the Atkins and the Dukan diet books pretty much made it clear to me how I need to eat. I know there are other ways, but I believe this one is the right way for me.

Oh, BTW, I have made my goal of being under 220. My scales were a stable 219 this morning. Hooray!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-12-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #80  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies Sorry I havnt been on here lately but on Sat night my aunt had to be rushed to the er . They didnt know if she had a stroke or a heart attack . They said her heart showed signs of distress and that she had to stay in the hospital for two days . She is doing good I have been helping her out here alot so not alot of time on here I hope I can get back soon...She is doing alot better now so I am gonna do my best to get in the routine I have had before ... Will get back on here as soon as I can to let you all know How it goes...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #81  

Hello Friends!

Trish, I really liked the article. Thanks. One thing it really explained to me was the whole concept of "net" carbs. Lately ( 45 days or so) I have been eating a lot more carbs than usual in the form of extreme fiber cereal, flax seed and chia seed. I have seen absolutely no increase in my bs - in fact - often lower. I wonder now if it is because of all the fiber. I am averaging about 40+ grams of fiber per day, so my 100 or so carbs per day is still only a net of 60. Interesting....thanks!

Bonnie, bless you for taking care of your aunt and I am so glad that you were able to stop in. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Be back in the morning

Rie
Old 01-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #82  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Lost a long post and no time to re-create. When will I learn to copy things before I go wandering off to check new posts. (Scammers delight in posting in the wee small hours of the morning!)

Great to see Bonnie popping in. Kris and Patty good articles. Rie impressive fibre intake!

Me? Holding at 180 and FBGL 4.8.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #83  

Good Morning Chickies

Kids are off to school, baby still sleeping and house is quiet so thought I would drop in now. Busy day ahead.

Hope you chickies up north are staying warm. It is 28 degrees here and I'm freezing this morning and I know it is much colder for many of you even having snow and ice. Stay safe.

Ruthie I hate it when I type a long message and lose it. I never know if I hit a wrong button or what but it is gone. You have a great day.

Rie Thanks for sharing. I think fiber is important just as it is important to have some fat. I will probably work that into my plan as well as I tweak my low carbing. I want to watch the amount of carbs and get that stable and then slowly add the fiber so that the weight comes off steadily and stays off. Definitely plan this to be the year I lose as much as I can of this weight and be healthier in the process.

Bonnie So sorry about your aunt. It appears that you moved in just at the right time. Prayers coming your way. I've been in that position several times and although you are happy to be there for them, it is also stressful to be the caregiver. It is important to be sure to find a moment for yourself along the way so you can have the strength to be who you need to be for her at this time.

Go to the beauty shop for perm today and hope I can get my nails done today. Then I will make my Saturday shopping this evening so I don't have to go out tomorrow. Then I can do what I haven't done in years, sleep in on a Saturday. If I can't get my nails done today, I won't be able to do that as I'll have to get there early in the morning to be her 1st customer before she gets busy. She leaves Monday for Vietnam to visit her family.

Y'all have a great Friday.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #84  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning!!

Interesting article Trish, makes sense to me.

I forget to take my medication last night and woke up with a 8.0 reading this morning. I'll bet that didn't have anything to do with the bag of turkish delights that called my name all day.

DS & DIL stayed with us last night so they could catch the early morning plane to Phoenix. Nice to have them here for a change.

Have a great day.

BBL
Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #85  

Happy Friday Everyone.

fbs at 70 this morning so I am eating my fiber cereal mixture before working out. I actually slept in this morning.... but I was up pretty late last night. I am working at home this morning and then I have my monthly charity pool tourney tonight. It will be a long day so it is good that I slept late.

Lindy, I am glad that you had a nice time with the kids. What are "turkish delights?"

Trish, I think it sounds like you have a good plan. I have added back all these fiber carbs after almost a year of pretty low/controlled carb eating. I am surprised that it works. When I started, I tried for less than 15 carbs plus a protein source for breakfast and I focused on non-grain carbs as much as possible. Good luck.

Ruth, good numbers. I recently installed a new browser and 3fc has been working better for me. But, it seems like every time I don't copy my post, POOF! how frustrating. Oh well, like in gift giving, it is the thought that counts. We know that you were a chatty cathy this morning....

Mad, how's your work week?

Well, I am off to do aerobics before inertia and laziness grabs me Be back later!

Rie

Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #86  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, could not get enough blood for a test this morning so quit after three tries. I'm pretty sure it's around the same though.

Mr Scale seems to like being at 180 and is paying no attention to our discussions. It was expecting me to be eating more yesterday and just refused to budge overnight. Because of weather, both my lunch and dinner dates were postponed and I ate healthy food at home, not what Mr Scale had expected so he refused to change his plans.

The Doc examined my leg again yesterday and has given me the go ahead to do legwork at the gym. There is still a very large and deep bruise in the leg which he says is slowly going away - it's been six months. Because of concern about clots, he will schedule some tests at the hospital - ultra sound and electro-cardio gram, I think. (My ears sort of shut down when I hear "hospital'!) He also wants me to increase my Vitamin C intake which he says speeds healing.

Today will be a 'safe" day although I am going to the Diner for breakfast - two poached eggs on toast without butter. Veggie/bean soup, an orange and Greek yogurt is on the my lunch menu and I guess supper will be be chicken breast again with Chop-Chop salad which is a mix of finely chopped veggies, no lettuce.

I will kick Mr Scale in the butt!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #87  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Ladies I am back again everything here is quiet right now everyone is still sleeping. I have been up took my meds and ate my breakfast and now jest sitting here waiting for everyone one else to get up thought about getting dressed and going walking but it is so cold out their this morning. Went to sam's Yesterday and bought me three huge cases of water so I am planning my days out think I am gonna have to start Monday when all will be back to a routine .

My Aunt is doing fine my Son took her to her DR Apt Yesterday and he said she didn't have anything wrong with her heart they they think she had a bad Anxiety attack and too much stress. She dont know how to release her stress. She has a daughter who is living with a guy and has a baby by him. Well needless to say he is a drunk so when he starts drinking bad she will take the baby and leave and she call her mom and then all the fighting starts. That is what happened last weekend and my daughter was their and we always told her that is she dont feel comfortable to call and we will come get her and that is what happened. She had this attack on the way home from her house and seems like my daughter got the blunt end of it cause she was their at the house when all the drinking and arguing started and then when my aunt had her attack then she ended holing the baby head still cause my aunt was driving the car when it happened and her daughter had to slam the car into park to keep from wreaking the car well my daughter hit her head and then jumped out the car and ran to her dad who pulled in behind them they had to go to the nearest gas station and wait for the Ems and then they had my daughter ride with her to the hospital and wait for them to drop the baby off to me and get their.
Now she is showing her anxiety signs again she has been sleeping with her younger sister cause she thinks something is gonna happen.

It has been some week I am jest glad we were here to help and that we can keep her from worry about so much stuff that dont need to be worried about right now and she not lonely any more.

I know this is long but I must be getting up and get some stuff going here. I will be back soon.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #88  

Hello friends!

fbs at 81 this morning. I am very tired because I had a late night and only got about 4+ hours of sleep. My scale is not cooperating. I am wondering if I am eating too low calorie right now. My ticker is still accurate but it sure hasn't dropped after a week of less than 1000 calories per day. I will persevere.

Bonnie, I am glad that you are there to help your aunt. Family troubles are the pits. We look forward to you hanging out with us.

Ruth, I think our scales are in cahoots. Grrr. Hang in there. It is good that your dr is being careful about the possibility of blood clots. At least you will know that everything is ok.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I will check in later for more personals.

Rie
Old 01-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #89  

Happy Birthday Ruthie!

Have a really great Day
Old 01-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #90  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTHIE!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Closed Thread