Old 04-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #151  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 AM   #152  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . yesterday was a disaster . . . weather took a change for overcast with a little rain (and it's supposed to stay that way until Tuesday; except that Monday's forecast has the "S" word in it. My head (and stomach)decided it was going to go into migraine mode (not unusal since barometric pressure changes is my biggest trigger). Lack of sleep wasn't helping either.

Today . . . weather is still garbage but I feel a little better. Yesterday, when I got up at 3:30 am, the BGL was 4.9 (88) but weight had blipped back up to 226. This morning, weight is back down to 226.6, but BGL has blipped up to 6.5 (117). Of course that was at 5:30 am instead of 3:30 am. Think I need to do a line graph showing the correlation between weight and BGL and time of day.

I was supposed to go for blood work yesterday morning, but felt so lousy I decided it could wait until today. This morning I decided it would wait until after the weekend . . . but I promise to get there Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway, I obviously didn't miss much around here . . . where is everybody?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #153  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all and good morning,,welcome to Mcron hope to get to know you as you post,,I think you would like it here lots of nice folks to relate to,Rosetta thanks for the welcome back and thinking of my son,,what is milk thistle?,,never heard of it and am interested in anything to keep this bs down, Hey where's Rosey been ? miss seeing her post.

Beautiful here this a.m. and suppose to be in the high 60's maybe even reach 70 this week-end,,gosh I am glad the depression of winter is taking a bite out of me now,,I need some sun light,,ha,,bs was 80 this a.m, and the byetta is not making me sick anymore,,hope to bump up to the 10 over the week-end to see what happens,,have to do it when I am not working,,remember I am a bartender and no one wants to see me getting sick behind the bar,,that is only for the customer's,,ha only kidding,,ok have a great day and week end if I don't talk to you before,,,Meowee hope you feel better,,,

Last edited by Jeanne88; 04-11-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #154  

Hi everyone..finally got the computer up and running again..i read all the back posts..iv reinjured am old back problem and have been mostly in bed..on muscle relaxants and pain pills..glad u are back Jeanne,u where missed..hello and hugs to all ,cant sit for to long..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Old 04-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #155  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hey Rosey so glad to see you also..sorry to hear you are in pain tho,,that sucks,,,I have a bad back to and can relate,,it is a pain all it's own,,take care girl and get better,,maybe this would be a good time to get hubby to wait on you,,,tee,hee,,
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 185/185/118

Height: 5 foot nothing

I don't know what I did last night, must have slept wrong, because hip felt out of place and butt hurt today!! Now, I can tell the kids, you are a pain in my dupah!! (Polish for butt!) I should have given a basic intro here, too - My name is Mary, I'm 38 (going on 12), SAHM homeschooling mom of 2 boys, ages 8 and 6. I will be testing for my 1st degree black belt in TKD next Friday, in front of strangers, including a 7th degree and a 5th degree black belt (my instructor is a 3rd, almost 4th degree, so I'm kinda intimidated!!)
I also help instruct, and will be getting my first solo class after I test. My husband travels constantly, and we have a small zoo - I have goats, a llama, ducks, chickens, dogs, cats, hamsters, a few ponds, and between 12 and 35 deer that think we should support them as well. And, I live in rural (off grid) Montana.

-Mary - forgot last time that the signature won't work for me, yet, as I'm so new!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #157  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning Sugar Babes . . .

I like that word "Dupah" -- definitely going to add that to my list of favourites.

Well, it is relatively mild (6C/43F) but heavily overcst this morning . . . and this is the good part of the weekend forecast -- supposed to start raining around noon and continue that way for the rest of the weekend. Guess I'll get myself out and about fairly soon. Somehow, I just do not see myself walking any distance in the rain. At least the BGL was great at 4.3 (77) first thing this morning and it managed that number without any upward 'blip' in the weight.

Okay, gang . . . hope everybody has great stuff planned for the day . . . see you all soon . . .
Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #158  

Hi everyone.. alot has happened to me yesterday and today..my right leg went numb and so i had a fast trip to the er in an abulance..im home now with a walker and pain meds and lots of aptment for dr.s in the next few days..i also have a diabetic leg ulcer that is now being treated..have any of you had one of these? im still folowing the plan and hanging on but feel a bit wobbly..hopefully i will improve..ttfn and (((hugs))) for all..rosey
Old 04-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #159  
Onward and Downward

Oh ROSEY . . . how awful for you; but glad you got into treatment mode so quickly on both the numbness and the ulceration. I do have neuropathy pains but hve not had either the numbness or the ulceration problems -- well, my hands get numb in the night, but I think that's more the way I sleep than anything else. Anyway, Chickie, you take care of yourself.

Speaking of sleep -- I was watching the Canadian Home Shopping Channel earlier this morning and they have finally got The Sleep Number Bed. I think I'm due for a new mattress (current one is about 15 yers old) and this sounds very good. Does anyone have one? -- or does anyone have any strong feelings about them, either pro or con?

Weather is still overcast and I think this will be 'do the taxes day' for me -- they aren't due until the end of the month, but I wouldn't want to leave things until the last minute. So, after I say HI in a few more 3FC places, I'll put away the fun stuff until the tax man has been satisfied (well, semi-satisfied anyway.) Other than that -- weight is down a tiny bit to 223.8 this morning and BGL is tolerable at 6.4 (115).

Keep on doing the good stuff and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 185/185/118

Height: 5 foot nothing

I do have a sleep number bed, and I love it! I love it so much, that we got them for our boys, too. Everyone told us not to spend a lot of money on mattresses for the kids, but they need them the most! Those little bodies growing need all the support and comfort that they can get. I keep my side soft, and DH has his side harder - the only time this is a problem is *blush* you know.... Then he says my side is too soft... It's really nice that on really tough days, to make the bed soft enough to feel like you're constantly being snuggled. I love my bed. I'm sitting on it right now....
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #161  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Imagine my utter delight to wake up to SNOW all over the ground this morning. Oh well, sunshine is being forecast for tomorrow and snow at this time of year never lingers for too long. Guess we have to take what we get.

Speaking of taking what we get, even when there is not good explanation for it -- both my weight (224.8) and my BGL (6.9/124) took little upward 'blips' this morning. This too will pass.

Speaking of things that will pass -- I've decided to put off any bed purchase until I've lost about 50 more pounds since that could have a very big impact on what I buy. I am leaning very strongly toward the Sleep Number though; although I have to admit that I'm always nervous about anything that is advertised so much. Thanks for the glowing report MCRON.

Okay everybody . . . up and at 'em . . . time to get ourselves moving and shaking . . . see you soon.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #162  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I should be posting in here more often.

Just wanted to cheer everyone on. Diet really does work to alleviate some of our symptoms. I lost 16 pounds recently and am now able to halve my daily dose of Glyberide! Yippee! I was getting very low morning readings and the doc gave me the OK.

Have a great Monday!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #163  
Onward and Downward

Great news RUTH . . . . . . and, yes, you should be posting in here more often.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #164  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Speaking of things that will pass -- I've decided to put off any bed purchase until I've lost about 50 more pounds since that could have a very big impact on what I buy. I am leaning very strongly toward the Sleep Number though; although I have to admit that I'm always nervous about anything that is advertised so much. Thanks for the glowing report MCRON.

Linda,

I have a sleep number bed and have had it for 10 years. It never gets soft or caves in, and if it isn't soft or hard enough for you,you just pump it up with the remote. It is fairly lightweight and easy to move around and you never have to turn it over. What else can I say. It comes with a 25-year warranty - I have never had a problem with mine, and when I thought I did, I called the company and they told me what I was doing wrong. Believe me, the hype on this is correct. Try it, you'll like it. And you have 30 days to try it out, and if you don't like it, send it back.

Stay warm - I'll pass some of our heat on to you. Temps are supposed to go from 100 degrees yesterday to 66 degrees tomorrow, then maintain in the low 70's the rest of the week - that is my favorite temp. 100's are way too hot.

Take care.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #165  
Never Ever Give Up !

Good morning all,,so nice to see everyone post and new folks also,,Rosey take care of your self girl,,how long have you had the ulcer on your leg? did they say what was causing the numbness in your leg? Hugs to you and let us know how you are doing,,I know your bs always seems to be in control so that really scares me that you have the ulcer.

Was a wonderful week -end here in eastern Washington,,saturday was sunny oh my Goodness,,,it felt so good we have had snow on the ground since Oct..got lots of work done in the yard and had a nice big fire and sat aroung it and had a few beers,,my son and his wife that live 3 hours and my grandson who is 4 came for the week end was wonderful,,grandson helped drag stuff all over the yard,,,ha,,,then on sunday we all pillled in the truck and went out to our favorite fishing spot to see if it is still frozen and it was ,,at least another month for it,,then we can start fishing,,,but was a nice drive and gs got to run around,,,cloudy now and over cast suppose to be that way all week,,,urr,,and maybe even snow this coming week-end,,I am NOT up to that,,ha,,,

Well all have a great day my bs was 130 this a.m.,,still on the 5 mg byetta might try 10 on tuesday and see what happpens,,,later,,
Closed Thread