Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes -- SPRING 2008

to the dieting with Diabetes monthly support/chat thread! This is the place to check in regularly, share and receive support, and get to know one another.

We are glad you are here! If you are a newbie, please feel free to join right in!

Lets encourage one another all we can as we live day to day with this disease.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  

Morning everyone.. its snowing like crazy outside.. darn it wish spring would come im tired of winter.. im feeling a bit better..not as sore from my argument with a rug..didnt take my sl as i didnt want to know.. yup im bad but i was up at 3 am and those chocolates sitting right beside me just unwrapped themselves and jumped in to my mouth..ok seriously i need to get better about what im eating.. grief is not an excuse..sooo hows your weekend going?? hope its more exciting than here.. ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Old 03-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

Oh ROSEY . . . I know exactly what you mean about this long, long, long Winter. March is trying to get itself off to a Lion-like start around here too. I've had such a terrible three months of eating (and a ten pound gain since December 1 to show for it), I'm definitely going to try very hard to make March a success. BGL was an awful 7.6 (137) at breakfast time, but got itself down to 5.9 (106) before lunch.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Just as a continuation of the BGL story . . . 4.7 (85) before dinner and 3.7 (67) two hours later . . . had a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and skim milk as a bedtime snack. Bet it will still bottom out sometime during the night and be high again at breakfast time. Weird pattern. Average for the day of 5.5 (99) -- just wish I could get there in a little bit smoother manner.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:52 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning to all my Sweet Pals . . .

The nasty old March Lion is still roaring like mad around here and throwing lots of heavy, wet, white stuff on the ground. Definitely not a nice day.

And, yep, the BGL was an even 7.0 (126) this morning -- if it follows my normal pattern, it should be going down again as the day progresses.

Hope you guys have better weather than I do -- see you soon . . .
Old 03-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

We have today. And my BGL was 6.1 (110) first thing this morning. And the scale- tells me I've dropped almost 4 pounds of mainly water bloat in the past two days. Nowhere to go but DOWN.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #7  

Morning everyone..its cloudy here today and not to cold..forgot to take my sl but i feel ok..meowee wtg on the loss,lower sl,and the sunshine ..i had a quiet weekend..didnt do much..was lazy..watched old movies (All about Eve with Betty Davis) some of the newer movies could learn alot from these old black and whites.. i really enjoyed it..hope u all have agood day ((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-03-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #8  

Cool

Hi, all. Spring has sprung here. Well, I stayed OP Saturday. I stayed home all day and only went to the corner for a paper. Problem was I couldn't go to sleep at my usual bedtime because I only ate a Lean Cuisine for dinner. Didn't sleep well at all. So yesterday I went to the store and bought bad things. Well, Scarlett, today is another day.
Meowee - glad you're feeling better and you have some sun. Congrats on the 4 lbs!
Rosey - I know what you mean about the chocolate. I have a chocolate mini-easter egg cake leftover from yesterdays' binge and I don't know if I'll be able to throw it out when I get home.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #9  
creations

Had a touch of spring today. Got up to 56. We under a winter storm warning for tomorrow and Wednesday. We have had 50" of snow so far and we still have March and April to go.

Judy
Old 03-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

What a difference a day makes . . . My BGL was 7.7 (almost 139) first thing this morning . . . stress from the upcoming trip to the dentist? Who knows. If so, not a good thing since I now have to make two more trips to dentist this month -- root canal.

Other than that . . . relatively dull and quite mild today -- snow has all disappeared again. More of the white stuff -- both snow and freezing rain -- coming tomorrow.

See you later . . .
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #11  

Hi everyone..its raining here and very icy out..made my dh sand the steps and parking area..i dont need another fall..my sl was 98 this morning which surprized me as i was a very bad girl last night..i got this new recipe for almond popcorn..its sooo good i should not have made it..if u want the recipe ill post it but its not diet friendly or diabetic either( i gave what i didnt eat to the neighbors kids and she wanted the recipe after they tasted it..its that good)..meowee we to are having awful weather and i think we all want spring to come.. im going to bingo tonight..i just need to get out: well any excuse to play bingo right hope u all are having a great day.. rosey
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Hi Ho gang . . .

Well, here we are again; there's another little inch of snow on the ground; but this time it will, no doubt stick around a little longer because it will be getting quite a layer of ice on top of it. Just hope the ICE STORM (two of the most dreaded words in the Winter vocabulary) does not take down our power lines. Anyway, it's definitely going to be a 'stay at home' day for me . . . also a good idea since the round of penicillin I'm taking (to knock down the infection in my abscessed tooth enough for them to do the root canal) is having that infamous antibiotic effect on my tummy. At least the BGL was down a little to 7.1 (128) this morning. Hopefully it will drop more as the day progresses.

Well ROSEY . . . hopefully JUDY and ROSETTA will send us some of their spring-like weather SOON, please.

Have a good day, gang . . .
Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #13  
creations

We are digging out from under 10" of snow overnight. One of our neighbors did the front sidewalk and the sidewalk leading up tp the porch. Our daughter just went out and do the porch steps and the driveway. Felt bad that my husband had to drive to work in it. Hopefully this will be the last time for the year. And I do mean for the whole 2008. We are almost up to 60" and usually we had 44" for the year.

Judy
Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Sorry to hear you've got icy stuff on the go, ROSEY. Hope it's gone soon.

OMG . . . JUDY . . . . . . 60 inches. Hope you are right about it being the end of it.

Our Weird Weather is still holding true to pattern . . . yes, we did get lots of nasty ice on top of the little bit of snow I mentioned yesterday . . . but overnight the temperature soared way up; the ice turned to rain; and this morning . . . no remaining signs of either the snow or the ice and the sun is shining. Guess I'll just accept the small blessings and go on about my business for the day.

Luckily, my antibiotic-induced tummy situation seems a lot calmer this morning, too, so I'm planning to do my normal Thursday Mall-Crawl with LouLou . . . so that everything stays settled.

BGL is holding true to pattern as well and was 7.1 (128) again this morning . . . hopefully that will go down throughout the day, as it usually does.

So . . . in other words . . . SSDD around here. Have a great day . . . see you later . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-06-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #15  

Morning.. still icy but melting fast..have not done much in the last couple days.. im ashamed at how lazy i can be..my sl was 104 this am..have fun at the mall meowee..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Closed Thread