Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #271  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So glad to see Rosey is checking in!

Welcome to our new folks too! There are lots of us out there and we need to stick together and raise awareness.

Somebody kick me! I renewed my Glyburide prescription last week but did not put it into my pill thingie. Dosette? That explains the FBGL readings of 7.1/127.8 or so the past three mornings! Oy! We get too soon old and too late smart.

Speaking of "smart", I'm smarting from a nearly 2 pound gain this past week. Time to tighten up my meal plans. I must confess to munching some leftover bake sale cookies when I had company yesterday. I did have enough common sense left to give them all the leftovers when they left.

Have a happy and controlled Monday.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #272  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Rosey,,Rosey,,Roseyam so glad to see you post girl,,have been so worried about you get better and keep us posted when you can,am so sorry to hear about everything you have been tho,,

Welcome to all the new people I read posts on ,,hope you keep coming back and we get to know you,,

Sunday cooled down to 85 or so,,urr,,did go fishing and am paying for it today,,got to much sun,,had a good time with hubby tho and we both were miserable all night long,,,he had to work today,,i am being lazy,, nice and cool today in the high 60's nice,,,

Well hope all is good with everyone,,bs was 161 this a.m,,I didn't eat much yesterday,,just everything that was wrong,,take care all ,,Jeanne
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #273  

Cool

Oh Rosey! It's sooo good to hear from you! We've been so worried. I'm sorry for all you had to go through. I will be sending you good vibes that you will be home soon.

Hi, all. I was a prisoner all weekend. The elevator was not fixed and I couldn't face having to go up those six flights, so I stayed in. Had very little to eat in the house, so was forced to eat Lean Cuisine. Had a little wine to go with it. Last night I managed to get a delivery of Chinese takeout. Of course, I tipped him extra. One of my next door neighbors, who is payng huge rent, constantly called the property manager all weekend and he "promised" it would be fixed today. However, they are known to be liars, so who knows. I'm reluctant to contact them because, being a longterm tenant, I am paying low rent and am more vulnerable to retaliation. This is a terrible way to have to live.

Yesterday I decided to get on the scale for the first time in a year. It was bad, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Time to get on track.

At least one thing, after climbing to 92 degrees on Friday, the wind whipped up and it is now in the 60s.

Hi, Jeanne, Meowee. Welcome Kathy.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #274  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . If I were you Rosetta, I'd just keep encouraging that high-paying neighbour to do enough complaining for everybody. Whatever . . . I hope they get it fixed soon. At least the weather is better.

Hi Jeanne . . . Hi Ruth.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening all! I couldn't wait to get out of work today. That "morning after the full moon" syndrome was wild and wooly today at the hospital. I do feel sorry for the girls working tonight--DH (aka the BLACK CLOUD) is on call tonight. Here's hoping they don't have to come in on call later.

I tried combining tricks last night to make my planning easier. A little "3 Hour Diet", a little Peter Walsh journaling, a little filling in the blanks and soon fulfilling a promise to my co-worker to start my 15 minute stretch routine we have going. I was very proud of my accomplishments today. So I will try it again for tomorrow. I have to admit I was a little hungry, but I want to say it was because it was a work day. If I am hungry again tomorrow, I may bump up my snack calories in the morning. I like Walsh's idea of jounrnaling, not what you eat, but evaluating it if necessary--and overeating is always a necessary journaling. It's not the 'what' it's the 'why'. And I think he lives at my house--his concepts on clutter, are right on target for me. I see myself in every page of his new book.

Have a lovely evening! Tomorrow is Primary Election day in Kentucky. I am registered as an Independant, so I can't vote tomorrow, but I think, for the first time, I really wanted to vote in a Primary. Many of the schools are polling places so the bulk of the kids will be off, but my daughter goes to the Catholic School and they are in session (imagine a Catholic School not being a polling place!)

Happy 19th Birthday to my oldest niece, a sweet and truly beautiful girl

Kathy
Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #276  

PS: I really like that idea someone has about posting a symbol for every 5 lbs lost. I am blatantly stealing that, especially since I haven't got access yet to the trackers etc. Here's hoping she is of the "mimic-ing is the highest form of flattery" mindset.

Kathy
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #277  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

BGL is still running too high in the mornings. At this rate, I'll end up back on insulin again and then the morning lows will start terrorizing me again. Just printed off a little article from Everyday Health . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...betes_20080520 . . . to take to my doctor the next time I go, that mentions that as we 'age', we may be better off a little higher, because hypos can be an increased risk for heart attack or stroke. Never a dull moment with this little disease is there?

Nothing exciting for me today -- it's looking cool and overcast again -- although there was a tiny sunny break earlier this morning. Guess I'll break down and do laundry today -- what fun.

Hope the rest of you have exciting things to do. See you later . . .
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #278  

Cool

Hi, all. I went home with a heavy heart last night but fortunately they fixed the elevator. Guess my neighbor made enough noise. Just hope it stays fixed. I started taking the glyberide last night and -- wonders -- my bgl was only 125 this a.m. Thank goodness.

Well, I'm off to my annual exam with my opthamologist, the last of my doc appts for awhile. Have a good day.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #279  
Never Ever Give Up !

Hi all nice and cool and rainy here today,,go back to work on wed and am greatful that it isn't going to be hot and I won't need the air and a fight with my boss's hubby,,,I love my job,,but am so sick of working ,,make any sence ?,,,come one lotto..(:,,,Rosetta great numbers,,good for you ,,and thank God your elevator is up and running,,and it has cooled down like here for you,,,Meowee am doing the laundry as we speak,,or it's naked on wed,,NO customer would be leaving me a tip for sure,,ha ha,,,

My bs was high this a.m about the same as yesterday,,I'll own it,,don't know what is my problem just the last week or so have fallen into a old nasty habit of getting up in the middle of the night in a half asleep and eating something sweet,,,I had broken that habit for a while now am right back and don't have a clue why ?,,,but am going to try my hardest to not do it tonight and bet my bs is normal in the morning,,,later all have a great day ,,you to Rosey,,,and hi Ruth and Kathy,,,Jeanne
Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #280  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi everyone... I'm back on track today after almost two days totally off program... it started with a 300+ fbs Sunday, which i corrected per ss... obviously overcorrected, 3 hours later was 60 something... so then it began; "oh I'm low, I have to eat".... and I never stopped.... bs all day were horrible... and I felt horrible, headache, dull, sleepy... you know the feeling BUT.. I certainly learned a little something... I feel MUCH better with my bs in control............. need I say more ??? Today was better, fasting was 100 ish.... ate well, I took a walk.......
I have a question for everyone... what kind of meters are you using ??? I'm using a One Touch Ultra smart... and I'm questioning its accuracy... I'm waiting to see what my glucose was at the lab, I did a side by side when they drew my blood... it should be w/in 10% of that lab value... we'll see.... I was using a 'Flash'... loved the alternate site benefit, but it was NOT accurate at all.... Hope you are all having a good day... Jeanne do you work in a topless place ???
MEOWEE..
my maid does my laundry.. YA right..
Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #281  
Onward and Downward

I use a Freestyle Mini and I like it okay . . . it has the alternate site possibilities but I find it hard to get blood out of other places other than my fingers anyway. I have to admit I sometimes think the strips get a little haywire when you are nearing the end of the little tube of them. I wish they were individually wrapped like the ones for my really old metre -- but guess that was just a lot of overpackaging anyway.

Does she do windows. When the sun finally came out late this afternoon, I noticed how awful mine were. Guess I need to kick my maid into gear. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, so won't be doing them tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #282  

Evening all! I have had a very bad day so it was nice to see some notes in my mailbox. Although, I think the worst part was feeling bad, and I don't know why for sure. I think my blood sugar and my blood pressure bottomed out at the same time, and I'm still a little off-kilter. I will be off to bed shortly. Wish that the beautiful weather could have cheered me up.

Tomorrow is Field Day at school for my daughter, so on my day off from the hospital, I am playing nurse at school. It's fun and it's supposed to be nice.

I, too, am using an ultra-smart. I love the computer program on it, although I really wish you could make a comment directly on the machine when you need to. I noticed right away that the forearm glucoses were way off from the fingersticks, and I was always having a hard time making it work. My machine seems to be pretty accurate. I have checked it against the hospital machine as well as the doctor's office and the lab sticks and it is within 5 mg/dl of the others for the fingersticks. So the doctor told me to stick with the fingersticks only. That suits me fine.

Here's to a better tomorrow. Everyone have a great Wednesday.

Kathy
Old 05-21-2008, 02:49 AM   #283  
charlie's mummy

S/C/G: 254.4/ 150

Height: 5ft 6ins

Unhappy

hi everyone, sorry i haven't been here for a bit, went to the doctors and waiting to see how my sample has done. also i am still having problems with the binge eating and i really need some help to stop it, but i can't tell my husband because i will feel like a failure. Yesterday got a swimsuit in the post and tried it on and oh my god i now know why i have not had a swimsiut for a while the reflection in the mirror was gross. I have put on 4lb since i last spoke to you all and i feel like c*** because i have, i know me and me alone has to do this but it is hard. sorry if this bores any one but this is how i feel and i should be truthful.

write soon mel xxx
Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 AM   #284  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back, Mel, and It isn't easy but you can do it with support from this group and from Chicks In Control for the binge eating.

Had a scare yesterday morning with a 2.3/41.4 reading. My food was OK the day before but I did drop my meter before I tested so.... OK this morning at 5.3.

Now that spring is "sort of" here, I am doing more outside work which, for some reason, makes veggies and fruit much more appealing. During the winter I could survive quite nicely on potatoes, bread, pasta and hi fat meat! My asparagus is really producing as is the rhubarb so I'm freezing lots for winter.

Hope your Hump Day is healthy and happy.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #285  
Never Ever Give Up !

Good morning all,,,over cast here but stopped raining for a while,,the river is so high tho,,scary,,will see if it is up over the cement wall when I go down to work,,wow Caroline you guess it,,ha ha,,what a vision that makes,,ha ha,,

Well I didn't get up in the middle of the night and eat,,but was not feeling the best ,,made beans and ham yesterday and oh boy did I suffer all night,,bs was at 140 this a.m,,still high but better anyway,,hi to all the rest of you have a great day I am running late so am off,,,,Jeanne ps,,HELLO ROSEY !!!
Closed Thread