Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 02:16 PM   #196  

Thanks Liz!!

I could definitly use the hug!!
MrsM
Old 06-25-2002, 02:17 PM   #197  

Height: 5'-2"

MrsM, I'm so sorry you're having a bad day.

Your boss must be a bit of a prick to speak to you so rudely. Sounds like he/she needs a lesson in human relations. Would you like us to get a petition up for you?

And what does your husband think he's going to accomplish by having a fit? Does he want you to quit your job? If going on the trip is not an option and he doesn't want you to quit or lose your job, then he'd better settle down. It's NOT your fault OR your choice. And frankly, he's pretty darned lucky that your mom is looking after your DD. This is not your problem... it's his. You don't have to put up with his ranting. Just because he's your husband (and I'm sure you love him MOST of the time!) doesn't mean he can dump his personal crap onto you.

You're stressed, you're tired, and you're being dumped on. Can you set aside a bit of time for yourself today? Do something nice for yourself... give yourself a bit of a treat.
And don't respond in kind to those idiots who are mistreating you. You don't have to lower yourself to their level. Remember that you're a good person. Smile sweetly, tell them that everything is cool, and then when they turn their backs give them the finger.

We can also sign a petition of protest against your husband's actions if you like.

Keep your chin up, sweetie... you'll be okay.
xoxo
ellis
Old 06-25-2002, 02:25 PM   #198  

Girls,
You are just what i needed!! Thank you so much for the pick me up.

Ellis i like you way of dealing with them, I think i'll give it a try. You were right on with your description of my superior. My hubby actually calls her something much worse.

Thanks
Andrea
Old 06-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #199  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry I haven't posted in a loooong time, I've been trying to post on the daily, since some folks like a daily thread.

DEN - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Hope you had a huge piece of cake

Ellis chickie, I'm here and hangin SOSDD

MrsM - I would report your boss, that is no way to talk to an employee or any body for that matter. You should have told him/her that you thought he/she was smarter than the average idiot boss and should know better than to use that tone. So what she/he's saying is the employees under him/her are idiots.....man I would start trouble and tell my co workers what that *** said.........prick is to nice of a word I just don't know how some people grow them brass balls ????

Anyway, hope today is better for you.

Have a great one.
Love, Leens (still mad at M's boss )
Old 06-25-2002, 11:45 PM   #200  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mrs. M-Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I think Ellis has a good idea there. Once when i had to go in for a meeting at DS #2's school I made myself a special amulet. (I make jewelry.) I took a small copper hand that we use, curled all the fingers down except the middle one, drilled a hole in it, strung it on a chain, and VOILA!!! I was giving them the finger the whole time and they didn't even know it (I wore it down my shirt, being so ladylike and everything!! ) It was a help to me in terms of maintaining calm knowing that I was expressing what i felt NON-VERBALLY!!! It sounds like your husband needs to be more supportive. Would he rather that you quit your job? Would you rather quit your job? How bad is your asthma, and could your doctor write a note indicating that you shouldn't be doing outdoor heavy labor (think workers comp until you find another office job.) If you need or want to keep that job, then your husband needs to understand that HE needs to step up and take up some of the slack. If I remember, he SAID he was going to help more, didn't he? I know, I'm being a know it all tonight. If your boss makes this a habit though, I'd say get out if you can. DH put up with crappy treatment for almost 20 years, and even though money is tighter now, I'm glad he left to do something different, "cause he is happier now!!!

Leens-Hiya!!! How is everything with YOU? Good i hope!!!

Meg-DETAILS!!! What did your dress look like, what was on the menu, how did the shower go?

Liz-WELCOME BACK!!!! Hope everything is okay with you!!

Ellis-Yes, we ARE sexy, and I think it all has to do with........BACON!!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #201  

Talking

Hey Ladies
I'm back and having a good day. We went camping over the weekend and had a pretty good time and didn't do much but relax and play with DD. Work is going much better today and hope the rest of the week continues to go well.

I hate to make this short but have to eat a bite and get back to work. Talk to you all later
MrsM95
Closed Thread