Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #166  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Molly & thanks! I am in Lansing. Ok I will do my best to kick my hubby off the computer on Sunday so I can check in HAHA. I am assuming we check in here or will there be a separate post to check in (weigh in)? I am woking on my caffeine headache -- 4 days with no Pepsi & I am a Pepsi maniac (well was).

SO I am "jumping" right in!

Robin
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #167  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Oh ok. My hubby used to work in Lansing. He used to work for ASC and was actually in Auburn Hills but had to go to Lansing almost every day. We just check in here on Sundays...most of us. I think we've lost a few since we started. But that's ok cause we've gained a few too. Good luck with the no caffeine thing. You're a better woman than I am. I need my kick in the butt in the morning! lol

Molly
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #168  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Oh yeah, did his job move to OH? I am working at MSU. I try to pop in here every hour or so until 4:30 then I head home. Not too much time at night to get online between the kids, homework, laundry, dinner, you know all the stuff we get to do after our other job HAHAHA.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:36 AM   #169  
For Real This Time!

Actually he works for a company down here now. It's kind of nice though cause he still has to travel up to Chrysler but now he gets paid mileage for it! I have my own business at home since I had Ricky (17 mos). I worked when my older 2 were little though. They are 12 and 14 now. I was also going to school then too. I remember the days. So not fun!!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

marshro!! Glad to have you with us!
Only 3 days left until Switzerland! Yay! I haven't seen any weight change this week...but my water intake has been awesome! I'm up to drinking around 54oz! Yesssssssss....hopefully I can stick to that while we are away!
My plan for when I come back is to get back on a schedule. I've been slacking going to the gym even though I've been doing my TurboJam every night. I feel so much better during the day when I get up early and go to the gym...
Well, I hope everyone stays on track while I'm gone! Have a great week next week guys! Talk to you all again soon!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #171  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Thanks! & Lucky you! I have seen photos of Switzerland, you will have to share your experience there. I am refusing to get on a scale until Sunday 5 days & no Pepsi - major withdrawals from it too. I do drink a ton of water maybe too much judging by how many times I get up during the night LOL. I have a bowflex which I like just need better instruction on it, I walk steps like crazy & will be interesting to see what happens since I started this last Mon. Everyone here at work is eating cake & ice cream cookies (birthday party) & no I am being good! I want it, but I am not doing all these steps (6 flights 3 times 2x a day) just to eat a piece of cake. no thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #172  

Hello everyone,

Sorry, I am just posting my weight, I have family drama. However, I am down -2 lbs. I haven't exercise since last Friday. I am barely eating...I am totally stressed. However, once this situation is resolved I will be back on track.

chiarij
CW: 234 lb
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #173  
For Real This Time!

Chiarij, hope it's nothing too too bad and that it works out soon.

Christie, have a great (and safe) time!!

Marshro, that's one of the things that saves me is that I am not in an office anymore. I used to eat all day long and don't even talk to me about special occasions. We used to make up reasons to have food at work! Twice a year we used to have Pie Friday where we all just baked and brought in a pie and handed out the recipe for others who wanted it! Hello!! Can you say fat city?? lol
Old 03-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #174  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

Oh Chiarij, thoughts are with you! Family issues are hard enough without trying to do anything else on top of it.

I was thinking about joining this Medical Weight Loss Clinic here, I meet with them tomorrow to find out more about it. WW didn't work for me like the majority of them. Basically finding your food & adding points drove me nuts that and for the 3 months I did it, I only lost 1 lb! So here I go again searching for assistance to my method of madness

Robin
Old 03-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #175  

Hello everyone!
Christie, I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a great time in Switzerland, and you must look so great for your trip, too! Have a fabulous time and live it up!

Marshro, congratulations on the Pepsi victory. I'm really impressed with your stair climbing--that's a bunch of stairs! Good for you!

Chiarij, I'm sorry to hear you're stressed, but please do take good care of yourself. I'll say a prayer for you.

Molly, hi! Ooooh, pie Friday.... LOL!

Alright, now for my progress--I think I've lost a lb, but I'll let'cha know for sure where I'm at on Monday. I rode up to the YMCA yesterday on my bike and got a family membership, WOO HOO! Chelsea (DD 10) and I went this morning at 8:00 and worked out together for and hour and a half!!! We did cardio then we did the entire youth nautilus machine circuit. We had so much fun, she's a great work-out buddy. I'll take my oldest DD with us tomorrow and maybe try out a yoga class. I decided I needed a place to work out with no excuses (like no room in the garage ) and this way the baby can go too and play--they have a great play room for toddlers. I'm going to drag my DS also, though he says he isn't interested. He skateboards alot, but he can barely do 10 pushups. DH told him that if he were in public school, he'd have P.E., so he needs to go work-out as part of his schoolwork. Go DH!

All the children are much better except the baby. We are supposed to take the older three to visit their grandparents tomorrow, but if she's not better, I'll need to stay home with her. I don't want a sick baby in the car for three hours, and I don't want to expose my parents-in-law to this nasty flu bug. We'll see what happens.

I hope everyone has a great on-track day! BTW, is there a twelve step program for smilie addiction?
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #176  
For Real This Time!

Robin, WW has been the only thing I've really stuck with. I need the accountability. If I don't do it where I count things and have a goal for an amount to eat per day I can't do it. I just don't have the discipline. I hope the clinic can help you! You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Mary Pat, glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. And good for you on the Y membership! We had one last year and i did like it but Ricky was really little and I was breastfeeding and it was just to hard to work around his bf schedule and naps. And I agree that the daycare they have is really good! I love having the elliptical here. I have been really good about working out now. (by the way, if you find that group for the smilie addiction let me know. )

I am only down .2 for this week but I'll take it. : Any number in the right direction... . I have a total of 13.6 that I've lost in 7 weeks!

Take care everyone and make it a great day!
Old 03-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #177  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

I posted my weigh in on Friday as I knew I wouldn't be able to do it last night. Anyhow I tried again today and still just 3 lbs, but hey, that is like a tub of butter yes?

I will let you know how it goes, my first visit is today. We are have a WICKED thunderstorm here right now... Happy Monday
Old 03-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #178  

Thumbs up Thanks for the Support!!

Thanks everyone,
You all are sooo supportive...I'm currently still 234 lb., I did not lose last week. But, I am happy to be at least maintaining. Hopefully, once the drama in my life is resolved I will resume my exercising. I do miss it believe it or not...I had just purchased "the Transfirmer by the Firm" before **** broke loose it's still in the box. There's no time for exercise right now with what's going on...

As the saying goes "What that doesn't kill you makes you stronger" or something like that...

chiarij
CW: 234 lbs
GW: 175 lbs
SW: 260 lbs
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #179  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I fell so far off the wagon that I lost sight of it.. But I have lost inches none the less???? My favorite jeans were tight on my birthday {7 Feb} and I put them on yesterday and they were loose enough I could have worn a belt if I still owned one. Not falling off, but still... So I got on the scale and it showed a 9 pound gain since Friday. Which could be part the steak & fried chicken dinner dh and I had on saturday night and part my cycle, but is also part the mac & cheeze I shared with the kids 2x last week and part the fact that I've not been following my diet the right way.. Good news is that DH got on the scale and it showed a 6 pound gain for him, and also for my 5 y/o, both in the space of 3 days. So we think the scale may have been damaged a bit when I had said five year old put it up the first time they weighed themselves..
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #180  
Just do it!

Hi all!
I am new to this thread! Really looking for some motivation to get the rest of this weight off!
Look forward to chatting with ya all!
Yesican2006 is offline   Reply With Quote