Old 02-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #121  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oh...I also heard somewhere (can't remember if I read it or if someone at the gym told me) that if you aren't seeing the results you want to change up the cardio....I usually stay on the elliptical to burn 300-400 calories after my hour workout with weights but I'm going to start using a treadmill and maybe a bicycle to see if that changes things up a bit. I hope it works, it seems like I've tried everything else.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hello All! Welcome Healthy2b & Meg! Glad you are joining our challenge!

I finally feel better....but I'm still really tired all the time. I haven't mustered up enough energy to make it back to the gym yet. I'll start again next week. I think I needed a full week recovery from this stinkin cold!
How was everyone's Valentine's day?? I celebrated on Sunday...made dinner at home w/my bf. We had shrimp cocktail, steak & lobster....mmmm, it was good! I tried to make it as healthy as I could. We had baked potato (which I can have) and broccolli as sides. I only cheated with using a little bit of sour cream for my potato and of course I had cocktail sauce with my shrimp! I even cut back and used unsalted butter (b/c I'm trying to keep my salt intake low) for our lobster. My bf said he actually liked the unsalted better...so that's great! I'm going to buy that from now on!
I'm a little disappointed in how long it's taking me to get myself back on track after the bad weekend I had a few weeks back and then the cold I got directly after...sigh...I'll start fresh next week. I am going skiing again this weekend-that will be a great workout again, I'm sure!
Have a good evening guys! off to watch American Idol!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #123  
Carrie

I am disappointed in myself today... Some of my friends called and we had lunch together and I ate entirely too much and of course the wrong things. At least I didn't eat the rolls or potatoes. I stuck with greenbeans and squash but had fried catfish, should have gone with the grilled. This was all after my skinny friend (she had lap band surgery this summer and has dwindled down to nothing) ordered cheese sticks and fried mushrooms for everyone as an appetizer. I ate so much I just want to go take a nap and skip my workout today. I'm going to have to do some fast talking to myself to get to the gym today. I just need to think about all those calories and I need to go try to work some of them off. At least I said no the the dessert!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #124  

There hasn't been any new posts for days...where is everybody??
Since I've been feeling better from the cold I had, I haven't been following the diet at all! I've been eating bad stuff, not eating 5x a day like I'm supposed to, haven't been drinking the water that I should be, haven't been able to get back into excercising, and.....i've been drinking...
I've decided enough is enough...I'm leaving for Switzerland in about 3 weeks. I am going to AT LEAST lose another 5lbs before then (I would like it to be 10, but I will be happy with 5) I haven't had any gain, I'm still at 151lbs-Thank goodness for that!
It's time to step up my excercise. I did my Turbo Jam yesterday to get myself back into the groove. I love my Turbo Jam, it does the trick every time! I don't know how I let myself fall out of it...it's so fun!
Anyway, I need to make myself get out of bed this week to get to the gym. I feel alot more energetic though, so that will be key. I've already started making some meals for this week, so I can't blame it on laziness either. Just needed to give myself a swift kick in the butt to get myself going again! Hope everyone else is keeping themselves on track!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:57 AM   #125  

Thumbs up Down 3#

Good morning, Ladies

Just checking in I am down -3 pounds.

Goal:-30 lbs by May 06

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #126  
Carrie

I have a question.....does this challenge end the beginning of May or the end of May? I had such a bad weekend, I probably gained the four pounds I lost back so I'm not getting on a scale for a week so I don't get depressed. I think it's the weather here....we have been spoiled by beautiful sunny days in the high sixty- low seventy range and all of a sudden winter finally got here and its been cold and rainy/icy and it makes me just sit in the house and want to eat. I need the sun to come back!!!! I even missed two workouts last week and that is not like me.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 168/158/126

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,
I would like to join your challenge and see if I can make it happen. I just had a baby six months ago and need to get in shape in order to keep up with her. She is starting to move around alot now.

What are the general guidelines for the challenge. Is there a specific day of the week to post how much you've lost?
uschim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #128  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi there uschim! We typically weigh in on Sundays but I use my weigh in from my previous WW meeting which is usually Wed or Thurs. Glad to have you with us. I have a little guy (the man) who is 16 mos old but I am still trying to lose my baby weight from my 14 year old Just jump right in. We have a great group and I believe that we are aiming for the end of May (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I have been ggod about working out and my water but have fallen off on my fruits and veggies. I can't seem to keep it all together at the same time. I'd be golden if I could do that! How is everyone else doing? Haven't hear from you much lately. Hope everyone is well! Have to go for now...laundry is calling me.

Molly
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #129  

Talking

Helllllloooooooooo! hello, hello, hello, hello (Echo) LOL
Welcome Ushcim! Our WI day is Sunday and the ending date of the challenge is May 29th. (you were right Mamabear!) Glad to have you!
I've started this week off very good. I haven't eaten anything bad, I made a bunch of meals last night so that I don't have to worry about cooking during the week, and I even got myself up this morning at 5:30am to go to the gym! I did the 20min workout of TJ last night, tonight I'm doing the 20min plus Ab Jam. AND I'm getting up again tomorrow to do 45min at the gym.
I want to see that ticker move this week! I'll only have 2 wks left until Switzerland after this week...I need to kick it into HIGH gear!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #130  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Christie I am so jealous! I want to go somewhere cool!! My sister and neices & spouses just got back fro Ireland! Our roots are a little mixed but very mostly Irish. So wish I could have gone! Keep up the good work on the workouts!! I am going to do some floor stuff tonight and then back on the elliptical tomorrow.

Molly
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:35 PM   #131  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Hi all! I just joined last week and then had computer problems so this is only like my 3rd post. I would love to join as well. My goal overall is 45 lbs by 24 June. We leave for Holiday World, Fort Hood Tx, and possibly Fort Smith, Ar/Poteau, Ok on the 26th and I want to be in a body that I am happy in and my beloved can be proud of. I too have a 6 month old, and I had gotten down to 160 about a month after she was born. But I am one of those who self medicates from stress and boredom, and my drugs are food and caffiene

For the 29 May challenge, I would like to lose b/t 25-30 lbs.

I look forward to getting to know all of you....
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #132  

Good Morning!
Well, I'm officially frustrated!!! I haven't lost anything in the past week. And I've been GOOD!!! AGGGHHH!!! It's frustrating, because when I *first* lost serious weight (60 lbs.) I lost 2-3 lbs. a week every week without exercise like clockwork. Now, five years later, it's like pulling teeth, and I'm much more physically active now. I walk or bike five days a week. I probably really need to get my weight equipment out, but it's so hard to make time to lift weights. I'd have to get up early and everything!

Ok, I'm done whining. How about my avatar? My daughters helped me with that one and I have to admit, I'm cuter as a cartoon!

Ooh, Christie! Switzerland! Tell us all about your plans! We're going to Italy in June, and watching all the olympic coverage has me so excited.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by RunningMyRace; 02-22-2006 at 08:18 AM.
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #133  

Thumbs up May 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy2b
I have a question.....does this challenge end the beginning of May or the end of May? I had such a bad weekend, I probably gained the four pounds I lost back so I'm not getting on a scale for a week so I don't get depressed. I think it's the weather here....we have been spoiled by beautiful sunny days in the high sixty- low seventy range and all of a sudden winter finally got here and its been cold and rainy/icy and it makes me just sit in the house and want to eat. I need the sun to come back!!!! I even missed two workouts last week and that is not like me.

Healthy2b,
It ends May 29, just in time for summer.

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #134  

Smile Switzerland! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMyRace
Ooh, Christie! Switzerland! Tell us all about your plans! We're going to Italy in June, and watching all the olympic coverage has me so excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabear272
Christie I am so jealous! I want to go somewhere cool!! My sister and neices & spouses just got back fro Ireland! Our roots are a little mixed but very mostly Irish. So wish I could have gone! Keep up the good work on the workouts!! I am going to do some floor stuff tonight and then back on the elliptical tomorrow.

Molly
Weeeellllllll, my boyfriend's father actually just moved over there for his job. He makes the big $$$ and travels alot to places like Japan, Switzerland, France, etc. etc. Sooooooo, he has acrued LOTS of Delta sky miles because of it! His Dad booked our tickets, we're staying w/his him & his wife in their 3 bedroom condo in Baden, Switzerland (which is about 10-20min outside of Zurich I guess), AND he's booked 2 nights at a ski resort so that we can ski the Alps....pretty excited about it even though I've only ski'd once in my life!! LOL! I don't really know too much about Switzerland really, but my BF's step-mom is getting a bunch of info for us so that we can take day trips.
I've never been to Europe, so I can't wait! The whole trip was kind of a spur of the moment thing, b/c we just found out his dad was moving right around Thanksgiving. They've only been living there for about 2 months or so. His dad works alot, so we're having my bf's step-mom hang out w/us so that she can explore too. 18 days to go.......

RunningMyRace-Italy is right next door to Switzerland, I wish we had enough time while we are over there to visit Italy too!! I'm sure you're gonna have a great time!! Have you ever been to Europe before?

MamaBear-I'm Irish too! I always say I'm mostly Irish, b/c I drink like a fish! Really, I'm probably only 25% or something! LOL! I would LOVE to go to Ireland!!! I'm hooked on traveling, so maybe someday!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 153/153/125

Cool

Hi Everyone. Can I join you all?
I need some support. I have been gaining 1 or 2 pounds a month for the last year. I joined the health club and have not been there since January. I don't like it much - no one to work out with. I have a $700 tread mill and some"Slim In Six" videos that I could do. So I am starting now. Here are my goals to start:
1. 64 oz of water
2. No pop for awhile
3. Exercise for 30 min 6 days a week.
4. Smaller portions

I use to go to WW but not sure if I will go back. I like it and it worked for me though.

If you have any ideas let me know. I am trying to lose about 28 pounds.

If I had you all to check in with, maybe I could stay motivated. I am getting older (47) and my metabolism is not what it use to be.

Good luck -- you have gotten me inspired!
Caterra
Caterra240 is offline   Reply With Quote