Old 03-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #151  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

I just wanted to throw a small brag in for today. I had wi and was down another 3.2 for a total of 13.4!! I am so stinkin' excited!! I am not used to having consistant loss like this. I usually start something and then fall right off and I lose a few lbs and then gain it back a week later. I am loving this! Just wanted to share!! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Molly
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Congrats!

Mamabear-Good for you!!! You have every right to brag!! I know that feeling when you are so excited and proud of yourself, you just want to tell EVERYBODY!! Keep up the good work!
I've been doing well on my water intake this week, but my excercise has been slacking....I didn't make it to the gym at all this week, I just couldn't get my butt out of bed, but I did do my Turbo Jam every night except for Wednesday. Still pretty good, but not as good as it could be.
My eating has been Ok..not too much cheating, but I haven't really been eating 5x a day like I should be. I'm just not excited about what I'm going to be eating. Next week will be better, I'm going grocery shopping this weekend, so I'll have healthy snacks in the house again.
Only 1 week til Switzerland!! yay!! Have a good weekend everyone!!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #153  
For Real This Time!

Thanks Christie! Do you have everything ready for Switzerland? If I don't hear from you before then, have a great time!!

Molly
Old 03-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #154  

Hi everyone!

First Molly, congratulations on your great loss!!!! You've done fabulous! I'm very happy for you.

Now for the ugly bit. Yesterday I had a so-so day. Wasn't totally on-program food-wise, but I wasn't awful. Well, this morning I woke up with a raging urinary tract infection! I ran straight to the grocery store for the cranberry juice, then off to a friend's wedding. Well, long story short, I've been feeling sorry for myself and binge-eating most of the afternoon. Why? I dunno. I'm really aggravated with myself. I'm posting this because I don't want to fall off the wagon. I need a kick in the butt, and someone tomorrow to ask me if I'm back on track.

Sorry to be such a downer when all is going so well. I've just gotta turn myself around. Thanks for listening.
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #155  
For Real This Time!

Mary Pat!! Here I am for your kick in the pants! Put down the food and go get some veggies and fruit!! I'm putting a ladder out for you to climb back up on the wagon.

Now, that being said, one day of being bad is not the end of the world. I was really bad today too. I ate for crap and burned a LOT of flex points. I am still working on the water and won't be treating myself to a snack tonight. We will get back on track tomorrow!! I'll check back with you tomorrow, k?

Molly
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #156  

Default 30 lbs challenge

Hi everybody, I just joined yesterday and I want to lose weight. I like this challenge and I like the having a buddy. I started my diet today and I need your support.
luv_long_hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #157  
For Real This Time!

luv!! Glad to have you aboard! Jump right in!

Mary Pat...you didn't check back in yesterday. How did you do? I did a little better. I had a weak moment but I think I'm better now. lol

Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Molly
Old 03-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #158  

Hi
This is my first ever post. Feeling like I need a boost to be up for a challenge. I am going to Hawaii next month and need to be a few pounds lighter to have any fun.
Jennysofat feelin sooo fat
jennysofat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #159  

Molly,
I'm doing much better, thanks for the kick and all the encouraging words! I know one bad day isn't the end of the world, but I tend to use a stumble as an excuse to give up. And you know I CAN'T give up. I truly believe that's the principle key to successful weight loss, stickability.

Luv long hair and Jenny, welcome here! I'm glad to have more people working towards similar goals. Please make yourself at home. We can do this!

Well, as of yesterday all four of my children are running temperatures and losing their voices--looks like the flu that's been going around. So, I've been busy taking care of them, which has been good to keep me busy. I'm making a big pot of chicken soup for lunch today, great for getting healthy and calorie friendly for me!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #160  

Hey everyone!!!! I am in! I really would like to 30 pounds by May!!! We can do this. I am also new, and would appreciate any support. And I'll support you all too!
chicky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #161  
For Real This Time!

Jenny and chicky! It's great to have you with us!

Mary Pat, I know what you mean about stumbling and giving up. I did that a hundred times! I would do good for a few days and then I would have one bad day and that would be it. I would start telling myself that I would start again "tomorrow." But amazingly enough tomorrow never came. I refuse to give up this time. I have seen a significant loss this time and I know I can do this. And you can too. You only have 28 measly pounds to go! Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Just keep swimming!! I love that movie!

I hope the kids are feeling better soon. There's nothing worse than a sick kid...except for 4 of them that is. I don't know where you are but here in OH the weather has been so weird. It is cold and snowy one day and 50 the next day. Ricky has been sick 3 times in the last couple of months. And he's not a sickly kid. But hopefully you can get them over it quickly!

Hope everyone else is having a great day and making good choices!

Molly
Old 03-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Default checkin in...

Hello All! Welcome Luv, Jenny, & Chicky!!
Just checking in!! How'd everyone do yesterday on WI day? No loss here, but I lost 2lbs last week, so....
I hear ya on the days that you stumble...I was the same way, I'd always give up so quickly. And then tell myself that I'd start again tomorrow. I think this time, I've learned that since I've come this far, even if I stumble a day here n there, I need to just keep trucking along. It helps alot that I feel guilty when I eat something bad, so I usually go excercise right away and make up for it!
This week I'm feeling more energetic than last week, so hopefully I can kick my excercise routine into high gear again! Only 7 days til Switzerland!! We'll be gone for 10 days and I don't know if I'll be able to do much excercising while we are there (besides the skiing of course!) I wanna make this week count!!
Keep up the good work guys! Don't give up even if you stumble!! Finding Nemo is a great reference!! I love that movie too!! I'll check back in again before my trip! Have a great day everyone!!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #163  

Good Morning!

Just checking in with everyone. All my children are still sick, I hope they get better soon, they've all been running temps so I'm having to really watch them and make sure they take their meds.

On a more happy note, Chicky! I'm happy to have you here, and you're right, we can do this!

Mamabear, I'm about as far from Ohio as you can get, I live in north Florida. The weather hasn't been the problem with the kids, just a nasty bug, I guess. My children are rarely sick, so they've been pretty whiny.

Hey, I'm thinking about joining the YMCA, it's about two blocks from the house. I'm not sure, because I'm starting to help my DH in the mornings, which is a workout in itself. He's a trim carpenter and slammed with work. I dunno, I just really *want* to stregnth train, and can't get to my weight gear in the garage with all DH's tools right now. I'm going to try to make a work-out area in the garage next week, but if there isn't enough room, I'll join the Y. Someone please remember to ask me about this one, ok? I need the accountability.

Alright, I want to share a saying I read here on someone's signature (sorry, don't remember who):

Discipline liberates rather than confines you
Discipline allows you to function with ease and grace
Discipline is your ticket to freedom
and your path to excellence
Choose to be disciplined in all your endeavors
and become the master of your life

I love this, and use it as my desktop background now. So true, and applicable to so many parts of my life, physical, emotional and spiritual. I always considered the word discipline to be a dirty word, when really it's one of my best friends. This reminds me of another funny saying "change is great, you go first!"

Love ya'll, have a great day!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #164  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Thank you! I have just signed up for fitday

How do you join a challenge?
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #165  
For Real This Time!

Mashro, you just jump right in! Glad to have you with us! We typically have weigh in on Sundays and chit chat throughout the rest of the week. Where in MI are you? I'm in Toledo, OH.

Mary Pat, nice to look at discipline as a good thing! It's just a hard thing sometimes. lol

Make it a great day!

Molly