Old 02-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #136  

Thumbs up Welcome Caterra240

Morning Caterra240,

Great you have a treadmill start walking! You can do this Caterra240...Just start moving that the first step...

chiarij

SW: 260 LBS
CW: 238 LBS
GW: 175 LBS
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #137  

Hello to everyone!

Christie22ra, your trip sounds like alot of fun! How fabulous to be able to go to Switzerland and not deal with airfare or hotel bills. I'm sure it'll be a trip to remember, and the some of the best skiing in the world. DH and my trip to Italy are my first trip abroad except a brief drive into Canada. I'm so totally excited!!! For me, it's one of those things you dream about, but don't think you'll be able to do. Living a dream....

Caterra240, welcome! I'm glad to see you here! I hear you about your metabolism slowing down. I'm living that too, right now. I can lose, it just takes longer. Hang out here with us, we can do this thing!

Well, I'm still waiting on another change on the scale, but I am fitting into some jeans I haven't worn in a long time, so I know I've made some progress.
My mom noticed a change, so I MUST look a little different.

Hey, I was just thinking of a saying my pastor uses, "average is the best of the worst and the worst of the best". I hate the idea of average on principle, and I don't buy into the prevailing media stories that tell us that most people can't lose weight and those who do can't keep it off long-term.
Who are *they* to say what *we* can do, and how is it helpful to repeat the same statistics from who-knows-where for the bajillionth time to discourage us? I say it's a bunch of bunk! That's right!

GO US! Ya'll have a good tomorrow, I'm going to bed.
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #138  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

You got it!! I agree with you. Oh and don't tell me I "can't" do something cause that is just gonna make me that much more gung ho to prove you wrong.

I had WI this am and I am down another 1.4 for a total of 10.2!! Woo Hooo. I am noticing that things are fitting differently now and that's a great thing!

Well I'm off for now, got a ton of running to do! Make it a great day everyone.

Molly
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #139  

Molly, that's great! Congratulations!!! Isn't it fabulous to feel the difference in your clothes? That's something to celebrate! BTW, I love your avatar, too cute. Are you a bubble-bath gal? We've moved, and there's no bathtub in the master bath. It has a nice big shower, but I sure miss my evening soaks. We're hoping to build our own design soon (DH is a carpenter) and I can't wait to get my tub back.

Hope everyone's doing well, tell us how you're doing.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Just doing sunday weigh in. Lost a few more pounds. Hope everyone is doing well.

started at 144 now 131 and my goal is 120-124ish
beaner0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #141  
For Real This Time!

Mary Pat, I am totally a bubble bath girl. We had the absolute best tub for soaking in in the house i grew up in and I haven't had a good one since we moved in 1997. But we just re-did our bathroom here and it is a great bubble bath tub!! I love it!

Great job beaner on the loss!!

Molly
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #142  

Good Morning, ladies...
I had a strange thing happen, Saturday I weighted myself and it reflected a 4 lb weight gain, from 238 lb to 242 lb , of course I was beside myself the strange thing is Sunday I was I was -2 lbs less than what I originally was 236 lb.

I weighted myself again this morning and it still reflecting 236 lbs so, I am down -2 lbs. I need to stay away from the scale...

chiarij

CW: 236 lbs
SW: 260 lbs
GW: 175 lbs
Old 02-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Talking Yay!!

Hello everyone!
I am down 2lbs!! FINALLY!! Yay!!!
I worked really hard last week, sometimes excercising twice a day...Let's see if I can make it another 2lbs this week to meet my goal of another 5lb loss before Switzerland! I am so excited! All my hard work finally paid off! I haven't been under 150 since last May!! YESSSSSSS!!!!
Where is Bombshell & Allensmom?? Haven't heard from them in awhile! Welcome Mkat & Caterra!! It's great to have you guys here with us!
Congrats Beaner on your loss too!! I hope everyone else is doing well! Don't forget to check in if you need support!! Have a great day everyone!!
....Time to change my tickers!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #144  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie22ra
Hello everyone!
I am down 2lbs!! FINALLY!! Yay!!!
I worked really hard last week, sometimes excercising twice a day...Let's see if I can make it another 2lbs this week to meet my goal of another 5lb loss before Switzerland! I am so excited! All my hard work finally paid off! I haven't been under 150 since last May!! YESSSSSSS!!!!
Where is Bombshell & Allensmom?? Haven't heard from them in awhile! Welcome Mkat & Caterra!! It's great to have you guys here with us!
Congrats Beaner on your loss too!! I hope everyone else is doing well! Don't forget to check in if you need support!! Have a great day everyone!!
....Time to change my tickers!
Congrats! on your weightloss... Isn't it a great feeling when your hard work pays off!! I am sooo jealous, Switzerland???!!!

chiarij
Old 02-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #145  

Default Did Not Meant Goal...

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen

I set a goal of -8lbs for February. Well, I was short -1 lbs of goal . I lost a total of 7lbs for February.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #146  

Thumbs up March Goals

My goal for March is -6lb loss for the month. Continue to exercise at least 20 miles per week using various WATP Videos and continue fighting to complete Billy Blank's "Basic Training with Billy Bands".

I would also like to add to the growing collection of workout videos, Turbo Jam & WATP -- 5 miles.

Last edited by chiarij; 02-28-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #147  
For Real This Time!

Chiarij, Feb is a short month. 7 in a month is good! I did 10 in 5 weeks. Great job!

My goal for March is to lose 10 lbs. I am going to work out in some fashion at least 5 days a week. I am just starting so I do 3 days a week on the elliptical and 2 days doing floor exercises. I will try to work up to 5 days a week on the elliptical after a couple of weeks.

Lent starts today and I am giving up popcorn. That has been one of my big weaknesses lately. I can't really give up too much else since I have been on WW so I figure that is a compromise for me. My kids suggested that I give up my coffee. Do they realize what that would do to them?? LOL I NEED my coffee in the morning. That's not optional.

Haven't heard much from anyone else. Are we all still here??

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #148  

Looks like everyone's doing really great this week, losses all around. I'm happy to see everyone doing so well. I lost 2 pounds this week. I was just updating my ticker and realized I'm exactly 1/3rd of the way to goal! Woohoo!!!

Chiarij, I think you did really well with 7 pounds in February. Any loss is a good loss in my book. Heck, you may have built a pound of muscle in February and that counter-acted the other pound of fat loss you were looking for (hey, it could happen).

Mamabear, you couldn't give up coffee for Lent, it's good for you, in moderation. Staves off Parkinson's I think? Now you have me thinking about giving up something, chocolate maybe? Ooh, now that's a sacrifice.

I've gotta get moving, I have a bunch of laundry to conquer today yeah . I will go on a bike ride today, it's too beautiful to stay inside. I might even ride up to the grocery store. DH got in a fender-bender this weekend so he has my car.

Have a good one!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Wednesday!

Hello All! Happy Hump Day!
Can you believe it's March 1st already??!! Where does the time go?
Great Job everyone with your losses!! We all did great in the month of February!! Cheers!
Chiarij- 7lbs is great! Good for you! I'm not even sure what I've lost this month, but I know that I lost 11lbs since January 2nd! I'll have to keep track this month!
Mamabear- You're right, I think we might have lost a couple people... Haven't heard from Allensmom or Bombshell in quite awhile. And nothing from some of the newbies either! What's going on??
RunningMyRace- Good Job on your losses too! Being able to change the ticker is the BEST!

My March Goals
  • Drink more water! AT LEAST 1 waterbottle-34oz (try to make it to 2!!)
  • Stick with excercising every day during the work week! (or 5x a week)
  • Lose 9lbs this month! Make it to 140lbs by March 31st!
  • Stop being lazy! Stay motivated!

It's a new month! Time to start fresh!! let's do it!!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #150  

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone! Keep up the good work everyone!! We are going to beat this challenge ladies or come pretty close

Chiarij