Old 03-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 215/207/135

I would like to do it too. I need some help because I lose my motivation really fast. I think being on here every day will help me. LETS LOSE THE WEIGHT!!

35 lbs here we come.
lovemy3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Smile I'm baaaaaccck!

Hello All!! I'm back from Switzerland!! What a fantastic time we had!! Got some great pics of the Swiss Alps! I even skiid them!! Good Timez!!
Anyway....what did I miss??
I'm sorry to hear about Charij...i hope everything turns out ok with her.
Hows everyone else doing?? I did REALLY well while I was away! All we did was walk EVERYWHERE!! and we went skiing, and sledding, and walked some more....I DID eat whatever I wanted however, but with all the excercise, I maintained quite nicely! I think I've gained 2lbs since I've been back in the states, but I think it's due to my cycle anyway...
jumped right back into the gym this morning and I'm back to eating accordingly this week. I'm planning on walking again tonight too after work...gonna get out of the gym and walk in the fresh air! Yay!
Well, back to work, just wanted to drop a quick line to say hello and check in!! Talk to you all soon! Have a great day!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #198  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome back Christie!! I'm so glad you had a good time. Maybe you could post a couple of pics for us!! Good job on maintaining!! I know it's hard on vacation to do that.

Love! Glad to have you with us. The more the merrier!

I was back down 1 lb after my gain the week before! Glad about that. I just have to get back into working out. I slacked last week. dh and I were so busy making funeral plans and helping his mom out that I didn't have time at all to work out. I am back on track now though. I just finished the elliptical. and I feel great!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #199  

Hello everyone!
I thought I posted mid-week last week, but I must not have pushed the right button, because I don't see it.

Molly, I wanted you to know how sorry I am about your fil. I hope you and your DH are doing alright. I've been thinking about you alot.

Lovemy3boys, welcome here! The more the merrier, jump right in!

Christie, I'm glad you had such a great trip. Skiing the swiss alps, how glamorous is that? How was the language barrier thing? You did really fabulous maintaining while in Europe!

Well, I'm down two pounds. I'm still going to the Y every weekday morning--getting up at 5am. You know, I didn't think I had it in me to get up so early. I always start with 20 minutes on the treadmill and today I ran 12 of those 20 minutes. That's a personal best for me. The girls and I are still going to yoga on Saturdays, and that's so much fun! I'm really glad we tried it.

I've been helping my DH with carpentry from 7-11am every weekday. That's alot of fun. I spend half the time watching (I have alot to learn), but it's good exercise for me and fun to be with him. The kids have been really helpful with the baby and getting their schoolwork done. Lots of changes in my life lately, but good changes!

Take care!
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 215/207/135

I am sick and the doctor just told me I have Pneumonia. So I will be out and in bed for I don't know how long because I have never had it before. All I know is that it is very hard to walk from one place to another with out being out of breath. I will check back in when I get better. Still planning on my weight loss for May maybe not 30 lbs but hopefully close.Amber
lovemy3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #201  

Amber,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. Take good care of yourself, drink lots of hot tea and soup, and let us know how you're doing. I'm sure you'll be better soon. I'll be praying for you.

You can still be part of the challenge for sure. It doesn't matter if you make it to 30 pounds, all that matters is that you're heading in the right direction.

Well, my entire family's at church tonight, and I've stayed home. I'm eating a frozen diet meal and some turnip greens--yep southern food, ya'll. I'm even drinking a light beer. Just for the record, Beck's premier light beer rocks! No YMCA today, but tomorrow I'll be back at it. I can run 12 minutes now. That's quite an accomplishment for this gal who has been at this exercise thing for less than a month.

And that's all I have to say about that. Take care everyone. I'm thinking about you and wishing you well tonight!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #202  
For Real This Time!

Thanks Mary Pat. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

Amber, sorry that you're not feeling well. That stinks! Rest and fluids lady! Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #203  
For Real This Time!

Hi all! I am so excited! I just had my wi and I am down another 1.4!! I know it's a little over the top but I totally expected a gain. On the way home I called dh and told him I gained (April Fool's). Then I started cracking up and told him I was down. I crack myself up!

OK I'll go for now. How is everyone else doing?? Make it a great day!!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up still maintaining...

Hello! Sorry I haven't been able to post as often, I'm still trying to get back into my schedule after our trip...
No loss or gain this week, still maintaining my 149lbs...I haven't lost any weight in awhile (it's been weeks) and it's starting to get discouraging, but I guess I haven't been doing as well as I could be either. I need to get my butt moving!! I guess I've not been as strict on the diet either...
Here are some pics from our trip as requested mamabear! The Alps were beautiful! Definitely an experience!
http://alisonpilgrim610.tripod.com/index.html
Make sure u click in the navigation on Switzerland!

April's Goals
  • Get back on Track!
  • Drink 2 36oz waters a day!
  • excercise everyday during the week (and try twice a week if I can)
  • stop snacking!

Hope everyone is doing well and losing those lbs!! Have a great week everyone!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #205  
For Real This Time!

Christie, your pic url isn't good. It said that the page or file is not there. As far as the weight loss goes, I've heard that you will hit plateaus and you have to chake things up a bit. Maybe try a different work out routine. Like if you're doing cardio, do more weight training. Maybe that will shake things up for you.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #206  

Hello all!

Molly, congratulations on your weightloss!!! You're doing awesome!

Christie, I couldn't see your pictures either, but hope you're able to fix the link, 'cause I'd love to see you in Switzerland!

Alright, now on to my weigh-in, I'm up two lbs. Ugh! Of course, the weight gain may be due to a major binge this weekend. I've been having a really hard time this week being hungry alot and craving foods. I'm also hitting a wall about 3pm. I've upped my activity alot between an hour at the gym 5 times a week and working 4 hours a day weekdays doing carpentry work with DH. My previous activity was a walk around the lake pushing the stroller or a leisurely bike ride. I think I've been kicking my own butt, activity-wise.

I don't want to change the exercise or work schedule, because I've made alot of progress with strength and stamina, and I'm looking good, measurements are a little better, etc. But I'm not satisfied eating 1200-1300 calories anymore. So, I'm upping my calories by 300. I know this in counter-intuitive given the weight gain, but I have to do something, or I won't be able to keep up the exercise. I want to gain muscle, so I'm gonna make sure I'm getting enough protein and maintain my energy level so I don't tank. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how I do.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #207  

Hello everyone,

I miss you all sooo much!...I am trying to resolve my drama filled life...but, I have been thinking drama is just that drama...and it will take a while to resolve this...in the mean time why should I use this as an excuse to eat everything in site, to stop drinking water, to regain back the 24 lbs I lost, and totally stop exercising...

I think I am going to stop the pity party now, bad things happen and I must learn to deal with it and sometimes several bad things happen back to back. Get over it!! Well, not the simple...but, I think I coming back!!!

chiarij
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:30 AM   #208  

Guys, I just went to five different activity calculators, and adding up the gym and carpentry work, they averaged 984 calories!!! This is only counting 2 of the 3-4 hours carpentry I actually work. The lowest average was surprisingly Fitday, coming in at 515, and the highest was 1290!?! So, what do you guys think about this? How accurate or inaccurate do you think these things are?

Things that make you go hmmm.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #209  

Alright, I'm probably totally overthinking this whole weight thing today, but now I've moved on to the BMI calculators. I have 145 as my weight goal, but really it's more of a size thing for me. I weighed 145 three years ago, but that was without weight training. My *real* goal is a size 9, and a healthy BMI. At my height (5'8"), I get to 24.9 at 164 pounds.

If I could be in a size 9 comfortably and be toned, 160 lbs. would make me very happy. Do you base your goal on weight soley, or does BMI and clothing size matter?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #210  
For Real This Time!

Chiarij, So glad to have you back!! You were missed here too! Great decision IMO. No sense in adding to your frustrations by gaining back the weight that you've lost. YAY! I'm so excited that you're back with us.

Mary Pat, I base things on all 3 of those things (BMI, weight, and clothes size). You can be a low weight and still look fatter than you are. Have you seen the pic on this site of 5 lbs of fat vs 5 lbs of muscle? Here it is: 5 lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle.
Kind of puts it in perspective. Also, the BMI is important as that is a health issue and my goal size is a 9 or 10. I am working on burning fat and building muscle so I don't know where that will put me as far as a size/weight ratio. My goals are about 23 BMI, size 9/10, and 135-140 lb range. I am 5' 4 1/2" so that is about where I should be. But if I can fit into a 9/10 and am a little heavier than that I'm ok with it cause it is most likely muscle weight. Does that make any sense? I know I rambled. LOL

And as far as your weight loss stall, I agree with upping your caloric intake. If you don't eat the right amount of food, your body goes into starvation mode. With WW we have a certain point allowance for the day and we are supposed to eat AT LEAST that much. I was talking with a rep on the phone and he said that is the bare minimum that we should eat to keep our body out of starvation mode because if that happens, we will gain. I agree with you that it sounds counter-intuitive but I am learning to accept that.

We have activity points with WW based on your weight and the intensity of the action. I'm not sure how they would translate into calories though. Sorry I couldn't help you out with that one...

Anyway, now that I've gone on forever, I have to go get ready to take my mom to Sam's. Make it a great day everyone!!