Old 01-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #1  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Default 30 pounds by MAY challange

I'm challanging myself and I would love some company!
I want to loose 30 pounds by May to be good and ready for summer . I need support and lots of pals to help me on my way, and I will do the same!
Let's get together and see lots of loss!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #2  

Default I Hope I Am Finally Ready

HELLO ALLENSMOM,

I CHECKED IN HERE TODAY LOOKING FOR A FRESH CHALLENGE, AND I FOUND YOURS. I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE AND IT MAY BE JUST WHAT I NEED TO KEEP ON TRACK. IT SEEMS I DO REALLY WELL WHEN I AM DOING REALLY WELL, ALTHOUGH REALLY BAD ANY OTHER TIME. I HAVE GOT TO STAY ON TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO DO YOU HAVE A PLAN IN MIND, DO WE DO WEIGH INS REGULARLY? RIGHT NOW AFTER A WEEKS VACATION I AM AT ABOUT 205 DOWN FROM A GRAND TOTAL OF 280, THE BUMMER IS RECENTLY I MADE IT TO 185, I FOLLOW A LOW CARB PLAN ALONG WITH MY DH WHO IS DOING GREAT.(DARN THAT MALE METABOLISM) I HOPE TO REACH 150 SOMEDAY AND SEE HOW THAT WEIGHT LEAVES ME FEELING. I PLAN TO RIDE MY BIKE MOST DAYS OF THE WEEK FOR AT LEAST THIRTY MINUTES...
I DO APPOLOGIZE FOR RAMBLING BUT ITHINK I AM KIND OF EXCITED!
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON
ANY BODY ELSE OUT THERE INTRESTED LETS GET THIS THING ROLLING.
EARTH2TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #3  

Hey everyone! I'm in! I just joined this site today, and I'm very excited. I've been going to WW for 3-4 mos., and just maintaining. I only keep going so that I won't gain. That gets EXPENSIVE and frustrating, to say the least. So, here I am, searching for the motivation. I think I may have found it. I'm 150lbs., and feel REALLY good at 135. If I could get down to 130lbs., and have a 5lb. cushion, life would rock. So I guess I'm looking at a 20lb. loss in 3 months...definately doable...right? My plan is to journal everything that hits my mouth, start a loose exercise plan (I don't tend to stick to rigid regimens), and up the intake of water to four bottles a day (approx. 16oz.). Sound okay for now? What are ya'll gonna do? LET'S DO IT!
Bombshell2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:13 PM   #4  

Default 3 Of Us Now

HEY BOMBSHELL,

THANKS FOR JOINING US! SO FAR WE'VE JUST GOT THREE BUT THATS A START. I PLAN TO EXERCISE I HAVE LACKED THAT SERIOULY AND AS I THINK DIET WISE I DO PRETTY GOOD THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE KEY, I ALSO HAVE APROBLEM STICKING WITH A REGIMEN SO I HOPE THAT I CAN AT LEAST STIK TO GETTING UP EARLY ENOUGH TO HAVE THE OPTION TO EXERCISE. I LIVE IN TEXAS SO THE WEATHER IS GENERALLY GOOD FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITY THAT SHOULD HELP..... ANY WAY I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON GOOD LUCK, WE CAN ALL DO THIS WE'VE ALREADY TAKEN THE FIRST STEP!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #5  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey all!! I'd like to get in on this! I just started WW last week (first WI is today, wish me luck) and I want to start doing some exercises at home. I had a YMCA membership but wasn't going and it was kind of a waste and expensive for me right now. So I will get out and walk when it's nice and do things in the house when it's not. That's my plan for now...
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #6  

Welcome Mamabear,

Looks Like Our Goals Are Pretty Similiar, Up For Some Friendly Competition And Support? As Of Today Im At 207 Looking For Say 185 By 3-31, My Biggest Problem Is In Saying Ok I Will Have One Meal That I Really Shouldnt That Meal Turns Into The Whole Day Then The Day Turns Into A Weekend......i Want My Getting Skinny Clothes To Fit Again I Was Down To Like 185 Before Xmas
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM   #7  

Yay! People to help keep me motivated!! I'm sure you all saw my ticker, ok this months goal is gonna be just about impossible to meet! We went on vacation for a week and we ate crap and I gained 3.5 lbs! ACK!
So, as far as weigh in go, I guess I always weigh myself on Sunday, but I dunno what you guys like to do.
I'm not following a specific plan persay, I try to get to the gym everyday, and I eat for nutrition's sake, not for flavor. (meaning plain greens, boiled chicken, blah blah food!)
I have a 7 month old son and am really trying to get rid of the baby fat as well as what was there b4!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/230/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone! this is my first day on this site. i would love to join the challange. I had a baby boy, diego, three months ago, and had a big wake up call when i had not lost any weight after giving birth, even though i am breast feeding. i started using fitday.com three weeks ago and have lost 11 lbs so far. i have been overweight my entire life. i put my eventual goal weight as 140, but the truth is that i haven't been that weight since i was 13 years old. makes me nervous! my goals: i want to be able to keep up with diego when he starts moving around, without loosing my breath, or passing him off to my husband, because "mommy is tired". so, i am here. willing and ready to give being fit and healthy a shot!
sssparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #9  

Welcome Mamabear and SSparkles! I've just finished dinner, one yummy soft taco. I came in at 24 WW points for the day. I'm in the 18-23 range with 35 flex points per week, so that's cool. I'm heading for the treadmill now, so should get another bottle of water or two in me before the night is through! I just LOVE seeing that dancing carrot! Okay, so I feel really good about today. Let's see if we can make it two in a row! "Inch by inch, it's a cinch!" I weigh in at WW on Thursday nights.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #10  

Default Ticker

COULD SOME ONE HELP ME OUT HOW DO I ADD A TICKER AND HOW DO I UPDATE IT .....? SO WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK SHOULD WE DO A WEIGH IN ON SUNDAYS? THAT WOULD SURE HELP TO KEEP ME HONEST ON THE WEEK ENDS
Old 01-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #11  

Wait Wait I Think I Got It
Old 01-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #12  

Default Hello everybody!

To all the newbees! Thanks for joining us!
Terra- I see a ticker!
I like the carrot too! It's cute!
So we're going to WI on Sundays? tHat's my day b/c I don't own a scale and Allen and I always go to parent's house on Sun. (Allen is my baby in my sig) I've been rediculously hungry all week and it's driving me crazy! We went on vacation last week and now I'm having trouble getting back into the routine. I did pretty good today, went to the gym and ate happy skinny food. I went to the gym in the morning, and I don't going then b/c they have a class for people 65+ and then they all sit around drinking coffee and they really fill the place up and get in the way. Go to the gym to workout, then mingle someplace else!
I told my husband that he needs to turn into a drill sargent for me to help keep me motivated. Yell and tell me to keep moving and call me names. He said that he wouldn't do that. Maybe I should hire my ex, he was always good at calling me fat!
Ok, so we're all going to really great this week and have an awesome weigh in on Sunday!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #13  

Talking Me too....me too!!

Okay, how about 35lbs by May?? I wanna look good in my bathing suit this summer! I am so sick and tired of feeling like "Free Willy" in my suit! Let me do this with you too!!

I better get off this computer and get moving if I am ever going to make goal....lol. I gotta head out to the gym. Have a great day all!

Hugs,
Pkittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #14  

Default Great Company to be in!

Wow! I'm excited that we have such successful losers on this challenge! Whatever y'all are doing, keep it up and SHARE!!! I did 45 minutes on the treadmill at a brisk pace last night. When I do it, I only do 30 mins., so I was very proud of myself. I got in 4 bottles of water yesterday. I've got my 4 bottles on the counter right now, ready for today. Is it bad to have a Kashi bar for breakfast? It's a chocolate/peanut butter crunch thing. It's only 3 points. I did it yesterday and it seemed to hold me over until about 2pm, when I had a Smart One's lunch (5pts.). It's protein and fiber. The only problem is that is tears the heck out of the roof of your mouth. I think I might break out that pilates dvd today. I've had it forever, but never really tried it. Has anyone done pilates? Any tips?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #15  

Hey Bombshell,

Good Morning All

I Recently Bought The Windsor Pilates Set Hoping That It Would Be The Real Deal. For The Most Part I Like Them But I Do Have One Complaint, On Some Of The Floor Work You Are Instructed To Do Say 10 Leg Raises On The Left Then The Video Skips Right Over Doing The Other Side, Iguess You Could Pause And Do It That Way But For Me That Kinda Ruins The Rythm. Any One Have Any Other Dvds They Recommend?

I Havent Excercised This Morning, But I Did The Past Two Maybe I Can Walk Around My Teeny Tiny Little Office At Work Lol The Guys Will Think I Have Finally Lost It