Old 07-17-2004, 01:24 AM   #151  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Evening ladies!

The past few days have been just plain crazy for me, in both good and bad ways. And my mood has been going up and down like a roller coaster, not because of PMS or anything, just because so many different things have been happening. Haven't been getting any exercise, and food has been bad. Yesterday's calories came in around 1885, and today I'm at 2032--way higher than I intended. Mom wanted to go see Harry Potter this evening, and even though I've already seen it, there's no way I was passing up the opportunity to see it again, and with my sappy mom! We had some good mother-daughter time over a bag of popcorn and peanut M&Ms. It happens.

Now I have all weekend off (that doesn't happen very often), so I'm going to relax. I will get in exercise tomorrow and Sunday. I'm so far behind all of you on the exercise front, and now even my eating is going down the tubes. It's ok, tomorrow will be better. I'll finally have time to get some stuff done around here, work some things out, and just veg out some.

Ok, I'm tired tonight, and falling asleep at my keyboard, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.
Have a great night!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:41 AM   #152  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi everybody! Here I am dragging it out of the bed at such a late hour! I didn't even get to post yesterday, because my day was so crazy, for one. But, I felt so rotten that I went to bed early. I had the worst TOM cramps I have had in a long time. I had to take a major pain pill. I was miserable. And today, I am really, really sore from having felt like that. Good thing my doctor visit is coming up soon.

A broad - I really crave sweets starting about a week from my TOM. It is a major craving!! After that week, the food cravings, usually, get better!

Jennifer - Sorry to hear about the Sore Buns Friday! Hope that didn't turn into a Sore Buns Saturday, too!!!

Michelle - Sounds like you really had your food planned out ! I hope you had a good day on Fri.

Jaymi - Your crazy sleeping sounds like what happens to me at this house!!!

Rysa - I weigh only once a week. Sometimes twice. I have to be careful with this, because if I get into weighing every day, I get crazy and discouraged!! Jennifer has much better control than I do!

Lucy - Thank you for the travel information!! I'm off to San Juan.....

Bodyshakers - Welcome!!!

Michelle - Hi!

Have a happy Saturday everyone!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #153  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies- hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I started off the day with the 2 mile WATP DVD with stretchie- the same one I did last night. Been putzing around all day because it rained here for most of the middle of the day.

Well, I bought the Neutrogena Build-a-tan fake tanner, and I just took a long bath, shaving parts that needed it, shaving a second time, and using both my gingerbread man scrub, and the St Ives apricot scrub. I don't think there's a flake of dead skin on me. I think I'm going to give this stuff a shot.

If I'm orange tomorrow, I'm gonna have to strangle myself some chickies....(you know who you are, cousin dearest ) I'll post a progress report tomorrow once it has a chance to set.

Have a good night, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:06 PM   #154  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Saturday Eve

Evening Ladies,
Today was pretty uneventful and I got a lot accomplished. All the laundry is finally caught up! The vacuuming is done, dishes are done, kitchen looks clean and the whole house looks great! Grocery shopping is done for the week ($120.00 later!)

As far as eating today! I skipped lunch which was a huge no-no for me!!! It made me want to eat bad stuff the rest of the day! Lots of "nibbling" going on here! (That reminds me of a DD story: We stopped at the gas station on the way to her daycare the other day. She wanted a choc. chip muffin, so I bought one for her. I asked her if she wanted to take it with her for her lunch and she said no, just keep it for a snack when she gets home. So we drove on to her school and on the way there, she said "Now Mommy, don't you be nibbling on my muffin today!" OMG I cracked up laughing! She knows her Mommy! But I didn't. It was intact when I got it home!)

When we went grocery shopping, hubby and I talked each other INTO buying a small NY style cheesecake! We had salad for supper and shrimp cocktail, then a small piece of cheesecake with strawberries (& splenda) with low cal cool whip! Yummy! I also had a bite of DD's icecream & strawberries that she couldn't finish! The cheesecake alone was about 300 calories!! Ai Yai Yai!!

No exercise today! I will do 4 days next week for sure of exercise! I want to up the Aerobics to 30 minutes instead of the 20 I am doing, so I am in the process of getting some new videos (thanks hero!)! I also have the trusty exercise bike or my pedal bike which I really should get on!

Tomorrow is a busy day! We have church in the am then company coming over for dinner after that. Hubby is taking pictures (we have a studio and he's doing a friend's Senior pic along with family pics!) so should be a busy day! If we go to the beach, I am going to try to get in a short walk! That will probably be my only exercise for the day!

I'm making beef roast & veggies along with green bean casserole. I'm going to have a light b-fast and probably salad for supper with NO snacking tomorrow! I want Tuesday's weigh in to be at least what I was before I left for vacation! And that was almost a month ago! Yikes! I'm going for 165 for my birthday which is the 25th of July! I'm currently at 168. That's 3 lbs in a week! If I really buckle down I can do it!

That's about it for tonight! You all kick some serious butt, you know? Love you gals!
Julie

Last edited by hikein2005; 07-17-2004 at 08:10 PM.
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #155  

Height: 5 foot

Hey! Sounds like had a full weekend so far!! Mine was ok.. My hubby didn't act like an a**hole, so it made the day go ok! I got everything cleaned but I'm pretty pissed off because now I have to clean the whole house over again after the beach trip tomorrow!! This is the laziest bunch of family members in the world! No one in the house helps! My hubby always say if you want about 5 minutes I will help you... but I did that ONE time... and it never happened! So I won't make that mistake again! The only rooms that were still a mess were our room and our bathroom! But no one went in there... my sister called herself helping... which she did ALOT! But that made my room look horrible! I spent most of the day/night cooking and cleaning. But at about 7 or 8 p.m. they finished barbq'ing and I relaxed. They are really kool people! We all went to the beach yesterday... of course I didn't get to have any fun!! I was watching the baby most of the time... then after that I was tired and I wanted to just lay down and take a nap... but why did it start raining and then pouring!! So we had to go! WHY ME?? So it got sunny again at about 5 so I rushed to go to the pool by myself... I get there ready to take a nap because I figure no one else would be there... and there wasnt at first... and then these 2 guys decided to come over there.. sooo no sleep. I can't sleep while in the middle of no where with 2 dudes! Then... I said forget it and was going to get in the water... IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN!! But oh well as far as today goes… I told my sister that we'll just have to go places that's free, or that she can spend her own money on things that she wants! I don’t have any extra money unless I go on one of my taking back stuff rampages! Does anyone else around here do that?? I don't want her to leave!! If I could... I'd adopt her and let her go to college out here!! But my parents want her back. My mom is having that surgery for her stomach.. lap-band.. or whatever it is! I hope it goes good! Well I'm back up to 142! But oh well... I lost 1 inch from my waist and 1 inch from my hips since July 2nd, so I'll take that then! I didnt measure my thighs and stuff last time... that's where I want to lose the most! My hubby tried to make me feel better telling me... well muscle weighs more than fat! But I somehow don't believe that no matter how much someone tells me that! I've read different articles... all I know for a fact is that muscle takes up less space.... but no one has proven to me yet that it weighs more. I think that is just a cop out to make people feel better... maybe it's just me! But it pissed me off a little because I was 1 lb behind my sister.. she was 139.. now she is 135. I cant catch up now! I bought me some stacker 2's but they make me sick to my stomach of course.... I took them 2 days ago.. and they still make me sick.. But oh well. I will take them.. I don't have anything else! I've been eating terrible. Either not eating at all, and then eating a big meal at night... or just eating all day.. I havent really journaled in a couple of days. I've been writing down stuff today of what I can remember... but I'm slacking off big time! I ate two burgers for the barbq.. but I added my own wheat buns, fat free mayo, cheese, etc. I've been craving sweets and chocolate.. that is my problem.. I can't shake it!! I dont know what to do anymore.... I just hope we have enough money next week, because I 'm going to order 2 months supply of those adipex. My hubby doesnt even know I take them.. he would have a fit. Anyways Today... we are going to go somewhere! I don't know where yet... It isnt supposed to rain, but it looks like it is! I have to go exercise before it is too late! I will talk with yaw’l later! Love Jay~~
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 12:02 PM   #156  
i luv my dog!

Do any of you know of a website where you can enter all the ingredients in a recipe and get the calories per serving?
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #157  
LucyKitty

Jennifer - In my defense, before you skin me alive , um, that fake tanning stuff usually looks like it's orange to me, and then people see it, and it doesn't look orange to them.

I know other ppl said stuff to me but I am totally drained of energy. Looong weekend already.

And no fair for anyone older than me (even by 1 yr!) to make fun of me for this or go "oh you're being silly" or any of that. I was looking in the mirror this morning when I got up (all of 5 minutes ago) and I realized that I look older. Not as in I look much older, but my facial features seem like they're mature-looking instead of soft & teenager-like, ya know? I've always looked a few years younger than I am. I still get told that my ID is fake sometimes and get refused drinks or stuff like that, although I'm 22 and my ID is -not- fake. I just look young. And I've been seeing my face like this, and my hair has grown out quite a bit... I'm kinda liking this whole not-looking-like-I'm-12 thing. I'm still kinda cute, and I actually look like an adult now! weird!

Anyway food this weekend (well yesterday) has sucked majorly. Although the hubby's birthdya was good!

Friday we went to the beach with the puppers, and she swam around in the sound for a long time and it was very cute. She used to be scared of water, and now she's swimming in the sound!! Then she was tired so we went home, dropped her off (and she promptly passed out on the living room floor, leaving a salty wet spot haha!), and hit the bowling alley. It was 99-cents per game at the really nice alley just up the street from our apartment, so we bowled a few games. I totally sucked the first 2 games, then I got a lot better. It was still really fun... I miss bowling!

Then we had girls' night and it was so fun. I haven't been able to hang around with most of these chicks for years (or ever) and it was just rad. I thought we were going to really make the guy who lives downstairs mad, as when my friend and I walked out to her car at around midnight, all of his lights were off and his tv was glowing blue through the window, and I was like, ohhh crap, he's gonna be mad!

So yesterday morning my mom picked me up (with my sisinlaw who I rarely see! YAY!) and we went to walmart and got our bikes, and wandered around the store poking at things and having fun for a couple hours hehe. Then we drove up to see my mom's new place (ON THE BEACH AAAH!) and even though the papers haven't been signed yet and they don't have a key haha, it's THEIR PLACE!! And it's so cute. (Their new house is big, open, and has a HUGE rad new kitchen/great room with a wall of windows facing the beach, which is less than 1/2 block from their front porch, which is huge and right off of the living room. I LOVE THAT HOUSE!) So then we headed to my mom's house, and my hubby came to pick me up... and got his bikes!! And a bike rack for our car and a book on mountain biking trails around the area. He's stoked.

Food yesterday totally sucked. Today's will be a little better I think. We're gonna definitely take the bikes out to break 'em in, and I think we'll probably go down to a park somewhere with nice, graveled trails & no big hills, so we can both get used to the bikes before we hit the place across the street!! I'm a wimp.

Anyway I'm gonna do my tapes real quickly before the hubby wakes up, then we'll be off for a day of fun & temps less than 100!!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #158  

O.K., here goes...today was...just awful. I put off posting as long as I could. I just did not want to post any of this. I just ate and ate today. Just did a crappy job I tell you! I did get all stressed - had to take DH to the airport...then came home and ate down the house. Why?? This stinks!! I have been doing a really good job!! OOOH these old behaviors can just creep back up on a person!!! O.K....deep breath....

Here's the plan: Stop it right now! On Monday (tomorrow) climb right back on the wagon (never mind that the wagon ran over me today!!). Drink water, eat OP, ride my bike.

Please, somebody out there tell me that this happens to you too!? I am a really disappointed chickie at this moment!

I will be checking in tomorrow to report!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #159  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Evening ladies!

Yesterday evening started 2 not so good days. First, Mom and Dad brough home pizza for dinner, but I only had 2 slices and 1 breadstick, so it could have been worse. Then I went to stay with a friend for the night, and there was much coffee and a LeanPocket involved. Then this morning I had to drive to Pittsburgh, which is about 2 hours away. There was fast food breakfast and much more coffee, then Chinese food with the family when I got home, and popcorn while I watched TV. I guess tomorrow's step on the scale will tell if I have done any damage. I don't know where my calories were either day, because I didn't count, but I guess overall it could have been worse though, so I'm not terribly upset about it. And I exercised today--40 minutes on the stairclimber, plus an upper body circuit I haven't done in a while, so I feel pretty good about that.
And tomorrow is a new day, and my motivation is up right at the moment, so I should do pretty good. And it's back to work tomorrow, but neither early nor late, so I'll have plenty of time to exercise.

Anyway, it's late, so that's it from me tonight. I might say something worthwhile tomorrow. If you're lucky.
Have a wonderful night.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #160  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies!

Had a nice, relaxing Sunday for the most part. Another day of rain, and just hiding inside. I did a whole lot of nothing, and kinda picked at things all day. NO structured meals, just grazing. Worst thing I has was a plate of plain fried rice. Of course, I'm paying for it today with a blip up on the scales. SO...that means hitting things hard this week to make sure I don't lose ground.

I did the self tanner...and it doesn't look bad. I did 2 applications on my pasty white legs, and 1 everywhere else. The only areas that I could have done better on are my feet- they look a little weird- almost like they are tan, and dirty....and because my nails are so short, around my nails got a little oddly colored. Last night became "emergency manicure time" to try and remove orange cuticles.

Today's going to be a pretty busy day- trying to get a bunch of stuff ready for closing this week.

Today's plan:

Breakfast
1 pineapple cottage double
2/3 cup soy smart start

Lunch
3/4 cup ditalini
3/4 cup chili

Afternoon exercise
at least 2 miles WATP
upper body workout

I'll pop back in when I can...Have a great morning, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:18 AM   #161  
LucyKitty

Well... I won't be doing my bike today, let's just put it that way. Hubby's birthday present (which was 2 bikes, one for each of us) got broken in yesterday. For some idiotic reason, we decided to head up to the closest waterfall trail, which is 5 miles on a loop, and pretty steep most of the way. *shakes head* I don't know WHY. So we went up just about 3/4 mile, and at that point... it was over 90 degrees outsides, the humidity was well over 60%, and I could NOT breathe at all. PLUS, there are a lot of rocks and tree branches & stuff to bash over, and my butt was sore already. So we rode back to the car, then went to a park in our hometown (on the way back) and did about 1.5 miles total on the trails there, which are level, graveled, and not covered in huge rocks that drop me down 4 inches where my butt slams onto a seat. Sooo we discovered that I need a new seat and that the hubby needs to be in a little better shape! My butt actually has bruises on it from that ride, which although somewhat graphic, explains a lot.

Anyway so I'm up to 180.4 today, but my TOM started full-blast yesterday, so I'm not going to worry an awful lot about this. I can feel the bloat from it, so I'm not being mad at myself for having a bad food weekend (Which I kinda did).

THis is a crazy week. Today, best friend is coming over and we're doing as many candies as we can for her wedding (I needed help!). Tomorrow is my only, single day off before her wedding. I intend to clean my house, do the laundry and everything that must be done, and make sure the candies are totally complete and get everything out that I need. Wednesday the bride picks me up at 9am, and we hit Costco with her fiance's grandma to buy the food to cook. Thursday is a prep day for me, where I basically get up and start cookin' and choppin'. Two other people involved in the wedding are gonna come up & help us finish the prep and get all the dishes and everything. Friday we get up mass early and head up to the place with sixteen thousand coolers haha, and then I set everything up.

Soooo yeah.

Today's food -
B - Half a banana (I just dropped half of it. dang!) and some soup
L - soup
D - taco fixin's! (For me, this is veggie refried beans, 8% grnd beef, ff sour cream, a chopped up jalapeno, some cheese and perhaps a little spicy mexican brown rice)

Today's workout -

20 min ellipitical on highest resistance w/ ankle weights
500 uber situps
50 squats w/ 2lb weights
20 butt squeezes
5 min upper body/arms

And if we go on a walk tonight, I will wear the ankle weights to intensify things. My butt literally has big black bruises on it, however, sooo I am going to hold off on my 15 min of biking for today only. I think it to be fair...

Anyway other than that, today is my LAST DAY of these tapes!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!
We also got a flier in the mail last night from a local pizza place that delivers all sorts of stuff, and they have a really good low-cal pesto pizza with chicken & stuff on it, and it's really cheap. It has no pizza sauce, a funky crust, and instead of the sauce it's been brushed with a little olive oil, then topped with low-fat mozz cheese & whatnot. Yum!! I'm happy that i finally have a decently cheap healthy alternative around here!

Anyway I'm gonna run & do my workout as fast as I can, before it gets up above 80 this morning. Hope everybody has a rad day!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:37 PM   #162  
i luv my dog!

Default sounds like we all had snack-attack weekends....

....I know I did, along with some adult beverages on Fri. night. I went over my calories all three days, not by too terribly much but enough where I can feel it. Still incorporated my walking every day which (hopefully) helps!

Lisa - sorry to hear about the bad cramps - I get those too and have to take pain pills, and I don't mean the OTC kind. As for your eating, its probably that ol TOM again. I know what you mean, some months it just makes me ravenous. Hold steady - it will be over soon.

Jennifer - thanks for reminding me that the almonds were a better choice than the cheetos. I got too focused on the calories and forgot to look at the quality.

Yesterday we went to a Flea Market and of course there were a bunch of food vendors - ice cream, crepes, sandwiches and drinks. I seriously contemplated a fish sandwich but RESISTED TEMPTATION - yeah. The flea market was fun but it was hot and humid which produced a) a stinky porta-potty, b) some very stinky people, c) a sweaty me - whewwe.

I also resisted temptation to buy stuff I don't need HA HA and it was interesting to just look at the unusual stuff and people-watch. Some things I saw: a leaning tower of Pisa lamp, a spear, a WWI German battle helmet (kaiser type), a WWII German battle helmet (darth vader type), a framed picture of Liza Minelli, plus fresh fruit, veg, wine and plants. Other observations include: two prissy guys drinking champagne at their booth, a not prissy woman with a buzz hair cut, natural on bottom and pink on top with a tatoo that went all the way up her back and ended in two concentric upside down heart shapes on the back of her head, a little boy peeing in the corner, and lots of dogs. Aren't flea markets great? Free entertainment AND bargains !!

Today was weigh day and it is still the same as last week. Kinda bummed that it's not lower but after eating too much over the weekend it coulda been higher. It's also about TOM time so there's no telling.

Back on track today with a workout dvd this am. (still feeling "choreographically challenged" though) which produced a good sweat, will walk tonight and today's food was better, too.
B- coffee, oatmeal, cottage cheese
L- V-8 juice, salad, 3 oz lean pork
S- hummus dip w/pretzels
D- salad and shish-kebob

Last edited by a broad abroad; 07-19-2004 at 12:42 PM.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:57 PM   #163  

Default A Quick Check In...

Good afternoon everybody! My day, thank goodness, is going much better than yesterday! The scale says I'm up 2 lbs, but I don't think I really am. Just a...blip...isn't that what Jennifer calls it??? Anyway, I'm feeling much better today . Also, food is right on target today! Yeah! Haven't exercised yet - had to take a child to the pediatrician, and that took all morning.

A broad - thank you so much for your encouragement! BTW, the flea market trip sounds like my kind of an adventure!!

I have more comments, but I am going to sneak in a quick nap while my youngest is napping.

Have a terrific day!!! I'll check back in later.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #164  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I feel a challenge coming on...

Anyone else up for it???

So, here's what's up with me!!! No exercise this weekend! NONE! I think my body just wanted to sleep after last week! I ate like crap all weekend! Really! My poor body is going "Whoa! What's up with you?" I won't even go into the sordid details of yesterday and all the dessert I ate!!!! UGH!!!

So, here's my challenge since "some" of us (Lisa, Mel, Jennifer, etc.) are having difficulty with staying on the wagon here...especially on the weekends! And, since my birthday is next weekend, let's make this through Saturday (gotta celebrate being 43, you know...afterall, it's been a lot of work to get to this ripe ole age! LOL!)

CHALLENGE:
1. Aerobics for 20 minutes or more every day through and including Saturday.
2. No "crap" (and this can be whatever kind of "crap" or trigger foods are NOT part of your daily food plan!) through and including Saturday!
3. First one that "falls off" the wagon...(can anyone come up with something here because I'm drawing a blank!) Or maybe you can make it more positive, but I need something to be accountable...

I also want to start getting back into my UB circuit, so maybe I should make that a stipulation as well! (Add another one in there, UB circuit 3 days a week!)

Anyone who is interested can either PM me or just post it in your next post! I also want to get 20 more miles walked before the end of the month which is more than doable, so I just need to kick it into high gear!!!

Today is better, drinking my water, picked blueberries with my Dad and daughter! That was an adventure in itself! No one was "picking" yet, so we drove around 2 counties looking for a place and finally found a family that wasn't a "U-pick" but we just happened to drive by their house and asked if we could pick. They let us which was great! So, I will be needing to get those put up in the freezer in the next day or so! Yum! Anyone got a good low cal, low fat blueberry recipe they want to share!!!????? I will probably make some muffins with Splenda, but still has flour in it! Just plain blueberries are great, but I find them boring!!! Oh well!

That's about it! I need to go workout and get off this computer! Have a great day everyone. Hugs!
Julie
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:07 PM   #165  

Hello, everyone!

I had a very busy weekend and didn't get to pop online much. I think my saving grace from "snack attack weekend" was that I was just too busy to eat. So far, so good on food and exercise, but to NO ONE'S surprise - still having trouble with WATER.

I just forget to drink it. And I need more Crystal Light, lol. But I get to the end of the day and am like "oh, yeah, water!" and try to drink it all during my exercise/late evening time. Then I feel like I'm floating and I'm up six times to the bathroom at night.

I'm TRYING not to get on the scale. It's just depressing. But it's right there. Maybe I need to hide it in the shed! I know that in two or three more days, my body will kick in and realize I've been under 1200 calories with 20 minutes of exercise for the past week. Suddenly, the scale will drop. I know it. But right now, it's just hovering at 210 stubbornly. *sigh*

Meanwhile, I've got to go to my mother's house next week to help her pack - she's retiring from her "day job" and moving in with her sister to continue developing her quilt business. Not good. I come from a long line of people who can eat mountains of food and not gain an ounce. They keep pestering me to lose weight while they inhale chocolate cookies and seconds on lasagna. Why did I have to be the genetic freak? Oh, well, with luck all the work I'll be doing lugging packing cases around will counteract the "Eat eat" attitude around there.

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day.
Rysa
Rysa is offline   Reply With Quote