1/3 cup smart start cereal
1 pineapple cottage double
12oz diet coke
24 oz water

Lunch
3/4 cup ditalini
3/4 cup chili
24 oz water

Sipping water right now as I type this...got to get all 4 of those 24 oz glasses in.

Afternoon exercise
at least 1 mile WATP
resistance band workout- mostly arms, chest, back, shoulders
light upper body weights

Dinner
TBD- depends on how I feel. Maybe chicken breast & veggies, maybe soup again.

The good news is today I don't have my shadow here at the office, so I'll be able to go out to the park for lunch, and sit in the fresh air. I brought something to keep my hands busy, so it will be a nice break from being trapped in here.

Happy Hump Day!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #17  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Yep, I'm here too.

I'm not great at keeping up in posting here. Someone keep after me, eh? I can usually get my journal posting done, but sometimes it's the same stuff I write there that ends up here. Feels like double posting. I'm about a week OP give or take and I'm feeling motivated. I've stopped weighing this week until my visitors leave (Aunt Flo & Uncle Tom). Once they're gone, I'm hoping to see the fruits of my labor.

Let's get it started. I'm wanting this so badly! I want under 200. Oh MY GAWD I want under 200. If I have to be 199 the rest of my life, I might be able to deal with that. I may change my mind on that if I ever get close. LOL.

But I'm here, present and accounted for. I'm in.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #18  
i luv my dog!

Me Too !!!

My Labor Day Challenge Goals:

a) Lose 10 pounds

b) add aerobics and weight training to my walk routine

c) survive BIG birthday this month and 3-day trip with friends in August
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:33 AM   #19  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Awesome! Welcome Back Mary, and Welcome to A broad abroad! Love the name!

All right....time to feign productivity here! I'll be back tonight!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #20  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

I always seem to post first thing in the morning before I know how my day is going to turn out. Then I have to come back and post in the evening. *shrugs*
I don't really mind though.

Food and water will be ok today, because they always are when I am in complete control of what's going on around me. Exercise will be hard today though, since it is my day off and I feel like doing exactly nothing. We'll see what happens.

I'll be back later to let you know how I'm doing.
Have a fantastic day everyone!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #21  
LucyKitty

Hey... I'm back! Cold is still kicking my butt here, so I doubt I'll get in a full workout today after all. I was up most of the night hacking crap out of my throat, so that was fun. *annoyed* Anyway yeah. Dragged my butt out of bed, weight's the same as yesterday, which is good!

To answer Julie's questions...

What's my biggest obstacle? Not skipping meals and having to force myself to eat the meals. My body simply is not hungry every 3 hours. It wants breakfast around 7am and dinner around 7pm, and that's about it. Thus I feel bad making myself do it because my body doesn't want it...

What keeps me motivated? The fact that all of my size 9 clothes actually fit me right now, but look like crap on me because they're still a size too small for me. I'm close, so that's enough motivation. When I was at my heaviest (235), my biggest motivation was my health. I couldn't breathe or walk or anything. It's just too much for my frame to handle, I guess.

Why 3FC? Because I don't have to talk to my husband about it. And because 99% of my friends are a size 7 or smaller, and I don't feel like any of them would understand a single word of it, because they're all perfect. Perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect legs, perfect everything. I'm nowhere near that, and I never will be. Nobody judges me for posting on here, because nobody else in my life knows what I'm dealing with.

Okay so here's the plan for today:

B - bowl of soup
L - bowl of soup
D - hamburger helper

Workout -

20 min ellipitical (or as much of this as i can handle)
40 squats w/ weights
5 min upper body
300 uber-intense situps

Other - do as many batches of the candies for the wedding as humanly possible, as I've got almost no time left for this! ACK!
Also do my stupid tapes... geh. I'll be so glad when I start my new job and it doesn't require me to sit on my butt all day. I am SO BORED!!!!

I am going to attempt to take a 2 hr nap today, also. I haven't slept well for almost 6 days now. That'd be 6 nights with less than 2 hrs of sleep, total. I am deprived and a little loopy as a result.

Anyway I'm gonna head out and get my butt into gear. Hope everybody has an awesome day!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:19 PM   #22  
Nefertiti

Morning everyone!

Yesterday was pretty good - no exercise, but water was ok, and food was on plan - even with the drumstick.

Ok, my plan for today:

B: egg and cheese muffin
S: crackers with crunchy peanut butter
L: greek salad with chicken
S: Dannon lit n' fit smoothy
D: chicken with veggies

Exercise:

1. Rock-star routine (fyi: 4 sets of 40 each: ball squats with 20 each set of tricep presses, and 20 shoulder presses; lunges with 20 each set of bicep curls and chest presses; ball crunches; 100 punches; 4 sets of 15 pushups; 4 sets of planks - I can only do these for 15 seconds right now.)
2. Cardio: Cardio Blast DVD or 30 mins. run at 5.0 speed, and either my pilates, or belly dancing dvd.

Water - stay on plan today

Clean my absolutely, filthy kitchen!!!

Last edited by nefertiti; 07-07-2004 at 04:22 PM.
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #23  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone!!!

Dang I keep missing everything!!! What's up with that!!! Well anyways, Welcome everyone New!!! My best of luck to everyone here!! Well anyways before any newbies look at my weight and put me on the same level as the dumb size 0 people..... I'M NOT!! I still wear a size 15 maybe some 13's. (if it has a large butt) I've been getting kinda some bad feedback lately here on 3 F C because people get mad and say that they have way more weight to lose than me and I should stop complaining. But ****, I didnt start off this weight, and I think 200+ lbs is a reasonable weight to have started off. I also got a comment about my little pictures of cows and pigs on "MY" signature, saying that was disrespectful because other people are that weight now and I am calling them cows and pigs. OK whatever.... arent I supposed to have the freedom to call myself whatever I feel like calling myself??!? Anyways just a quick fuss, not really mad about anything right now.

Well today didnt start off too good, havent exercised as of yet. I just got my daughter to sleep, and I just ate, so I'm hoping I can get a quick work-out in before she wakes up. Food is ok so far... I think! I cooked some 2-step beefy taco joe's FYI:

Campbell's® 2-Step Beefy Taco Joes

Prep. time: 5 min. Cooking time: 10
Serves: 8
Source: Campbell's® Quick and Easy Cookbook

Ingredients

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) tomato, Soup
1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese (fat-free)
8 round sandwich rolls, split (I use Wheat buns)

Directions

BROWN ground beef in skillet. Pour off fat.

ADD soup and salsa. Heat through. Top with cheese. Serve on rolls.

Tips Serve with frozen French fries and frozen corn on the cob. For dessert serve chunky applesauce.

Not sure how many calories, but since we have limited funds, I have to cook regular foods, and substitute them with healthy ingrediants, Unbeknownest ( spelling ) to hubby!! I havent drank water as of yet... but I will when I exercise. I think I will answer the questions later because my post will be 5 pages long!!! I will also try and comment when I get back too!! I hope everyone has a great day.. until later!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:29 PM   #24  
"workin' on my fitness"

Jaymi, who is saying that kind of stuff to you? That's just not right....shoot, what if you were 5' even and had a tiny frame? Is 140 too thin, then? And heck, the closer you are to your goal, the harder it is...how many people spend years & years trying to lose the last 10 pounds???

The cow & pig thing...well, sheesh. I guess there are people who are easily offended, or want to read more into it. Heck, it could show what you're eating on Atkins, for crying out loud.

I gave in to the Hershey Kisses that were calling to me- PMS sure sucks- I wanted that chocolate more than anything. I drank the rest of my water before I even thought of having them, and when that didn't cover me, I gave in & had the chocolate. I will work it off when I get home, that's for sure.

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #25  
"workin' on my fitness"

Well, I'm doing a final check in for the evening. Got home, and did 2 miles of WATP. Then we had to run out to get a new air filter for the A/C. Finished that, nuked dinner (repeat of lunch, because I was hungry, and it was prepped) and now I'm going to do some upper body stuff while I watch TV. Hubby is still working, so that gives me time to get in a little extra movement. I'm not insane enough to go for another mile tonight, but I really, really want to get back into the "first thing in the morning" workout, too.

Have a great night, chickies!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #26  
LucyKitty

Jay - You know I'm right there with you. I get it all the time "what the **** is wrong with you? why are you on a diet? it's only 20 lbs it's not that big of a deal," etc etc etc. The list goes on and on. *hug* I know it too well, too, chickie. I say to **** with them, just like to **** with charts that tell me I have a BMI of 36 or something, because it's actually at 27, dammit. It may only be 10 lbs to them, and people who haven't lost as much as we both have just don't get it a lot of the time. That last little bit is the hardest and I've been working on it since March. *hug* That recipe sounds realllly good... *drool* I'm gonna email ya tomorrow morning if I have time, I PROMISE!

I'm just doing a quick check-in. Got a buttload of candies done today... used up all of my chocolate (ack! I need like 3 more bags!) and we're going to be bagging candy all night. At least it'll be done! I didn't eat a single one, either, which I consider to be a pretty difficult thing to do, surrounded by yummy chocolate and stuff. Gah!

I'm going to make some homemade pasta right now and get us some nice funky chicken alfredo going for dinner! And since I'm -making- the pasta, i can add veggies and he'll never know... *scheme*

I hope you guys all have a good night, and I'll check ya later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 PM   #27  
Bound and Determined

Evening chicks!

Today was a weird day. But healthy.
30 minutes on the stairclimber, plus weights. Calories are way low right now because I didn't manage to eat lunch (by the time I got hungry it was time for dinner), but I'll eat something else this evening, some crackers and/or a popsicle or something. I dunno yet. We'll see.

Anyway, not really feeling particularly chatty, so that's all I'm going to say for now. If I think of anything inspiring to say I might pop back on later. If not, have a wonderful night.
~Elisha
Old 07-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #28  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Question

I have read that some of you have "food under control" and I want to know how you do it? I do NOT have food "under control" nor do I ever feel like I will! It's too much work for me to think about it. It consumes my thoughts. I mean, I'm not a rocket scientist but I know how to read labels and count carbs and fat and protein, but it is soooooo time consuming to me! I just want to eat and enjoy! Will it ever happen that way or is it work for all of you? I just want to know if I am ever going have "food under control"....

Don't get me wrong here, I am NOT a binge-eater...I am a "maintainer" when I should be a "loser", if you know what I mean! I can eat within my limits (the Zone, that is) for a few days, even a week at a time, but then "something" (that inevitable "something") happens and I start to eat crap again and then it's hard to get back into the Zone! A viscious cycle! I guess maybe I just want someone to plan my meals for me each week, cook them and then serve them to me at appropriate times...snacks too, healthy ones! Am I asking too much here????

Well, exercise was today.
Food was
Water was

That's it for me today! I have enjoyed reading all of your responses to the questions. I think it's just good to think about them even if we can't answer them now. I hope that others can find some thought provoking questions that really make us think and post them. I enjoy doing that kind of thing.

And BTW, I have felt the love from this group welcoming me back from vacation. You all are the best. I did miss my chickies and my 3FC "fix"!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:34 AM   #29  
Onward and downward!

Talking Count Me In

Hi Everyone,

I fell off the wagon during the last challenge, but I've been working (and struggling) really hard each day to get back on the wagon and get my weight loss happening again. I lost 2# in June, which was a relief, as I had been finding it really difficult. So here are my goals for the next 2 months:

1) Continue to take my weight loss journey one day at a time. I let myself get overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose, and that is when I lose my motivation.

2) Journal my food and exercise on a daily basis.

3) Accept that I am not perfect, I will make more mistakes along the way, but I will not dwell on them. I will continue on with my eating and exercise plan.

4) My weight loss goal for the 2 months is to achieve my first goal weight of 160!

Catch up with you tomorrow.

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:02 AM   #30  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Ok, so I did eat more last night, bringing my calories up to around 1240, which is still way low for me. But it's ok, my body can burn fat instead, and that's kind of the whole point, right?

Anyway, once again today, I have no idea what my day is going to be like. I probably won't exercise, unless I'm feeling particularly energetic when I get home from work, which I seriously doubt since I have a long shift. But, you never know.
The funny thing is, when I first started this health revolution back in February, I almost always worked out in the evening. Most nights it was 10:00 before I'd ever make it to the treadmill, work or no. And now it seems like if I don't do it in the morning or early afternoon I just don't do it. We'll see what happens.

Food today--I have no idea. We're out of just about everything, so I have no idea what I'm going to take for lunch. Possibly a can of soup and some crackers. Breakfast is going to be a mashed potato sandwich--my favorite! Dinner--who knows?
Water probably won't be that great, but I will try to drink a few glasses when I get home.

Julie, as for how I keep food "in control," the main thing that helped me was cutting out snacks and eating only when I'm hungry. Some people need snacks, but I find that when I snack, I just keep right on snacking, and it's usually not the healthiest of foods either. And my diet tracking software keeps me honest, or journaling my intake in any form (I just prefer the software because it does so much more). And counting calories lets me eat whatever I want, just as long as I count it. I don't know how I could even stick to a restrictive diet (obviously I can't, as I have tried many times in the past). I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, since my father reminds me all the time "It's all just a matter of Calories In versus Calories Out." You'd think hearing that over and over would give me a clue as to what to do! This is the first "diet" I've ever been on that I think I can stick with for the rest of my life, specifically because I don't feel like I'm on a diet.
But I know that can't work for everyone. You just have to keep trying until you find something that works for you. I tried for about 15 years before I found what works for me!
Ok, so that brings me to my thought provoking question: If you have been overweight for a greater part of your life, when/how did you realize/decide that you needed to do something about it?
I'm not sure that's very clear. Hmm... hopefully I can clarify by answering.
I have been overweight my entire life. When I was about 11 years old, I think I weighed around 150 at that time, my grandmother told me that she would reward me if I lost 10 pounds. I don't remember what the reward was--probably new clothes or shoes, knowing my grandma--but at that time I was already trying to lose weight. I didn't succeed. The next episode I remember is in 8th grade, I think I'd made it up to around 165-170 by then. It was the first time I had to change clothes for gym class, and I would always change in a different part of the locker room from the other girls because I was so embarrassed about my body. That spring I started doing some toning exercises, and even though I didn't lose many pounds I slimmed down some, to the point where a one of the girls in my class asked me if I was losing weight. I told her that I was trying. That felt so good, to have that acknowledgement. But again, I didn't succeed.
I've obviously tried many times between then and now, sometimes losing a few pounds, sometimes not, always gaining it back, usually with a few extras. This time something is different--I am different. When I graduated in December I expected to have this wonderful new life, and then a few months later it still hadn't arrived. I realized that in order for my life to change, I was the one that was going to have to change it. Granted, my life still isn't where I want it to be, and I know that losing weight isn't going to make everything perfect. But now that I am finally succeeding at losing weight I know that I can do whatever I set my mind to, and that knowledge will help me get to where I want to be. I guess I just got sick of my life being crap. My big point it, it has to be a personal decision to lose the weight, and you have to do it for yourself, or it won't work. I had to get to the point where I said, "I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Ok, that was a bit of a ramble. Sorry. Those memories have just been playing over and over in my head for a couple of days, along with some others. I tried to leave out most of the tangents.
Anyway, I guess my question is more like, "why do you want to lose weight?" I mean, I know there are the obvious reasons of looking better and getting healthy, but I think it has to get personal before we can really do anything about it. We have to internalize the struggle.

Whew... that was a long one. Time to get ready for work. Have a lovely day chickies!
~Elisha