Old 08-31-2004, 09:37 PM   #406  

Height: 5 foot

Hey Julie!! I'm motivated with you!! Totally! But I have like NOOO TIME!!! Congrats on your lbs loss! That is awesome! (I have nothing against your sis) But I'm rooting for you to win! Maybe I should say I hope it gets close so that you both could be winners! I wish I had someone to challenge with! I had one going with my lil sister.. but she had to leave.. so no one ever one! anyways Great going Julie! I just don't seem to have time for everything right now! Well I've been looking up all the info I can on my new diet when I do get on.. and then it's time to get off again! Well anyways I got my exercise in! 60 minutes Denise Austin! And I stayed on Plan ALL DAY!! So anyways gotta go! I will try to be motivated with you tomorrow some more!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:49 AM   #407  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Arrow Motivation Challenge

Quote of the Day:
It is never too late to be what you might have been. ** George Eliot

Weekly Challenge:
Drink at least 80 oz. of water per day.

Daily Question:
Aside from 3FC, where do you get support?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:33 AM   #408  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Exclamation Motivation Challenge

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes. --John F. Kennedy

Weekly Challenge: Drink at least 80 oz. of water each day this week.

Daily Question: How did you do better today than you did yesterday? How can you do better tomorrow?
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:39 PM   #409  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Quiet, Quiet, Quiet!

Is this the quiet before the storm??? LOL! I know there are Hurricaine warnings in the south so those of you who live there, take cover and keep yourself safe! The rest of ya...where the heck are you???

Yesterday got way busy for me. DD had her 2nd horse riding lesson and we didn't get home til almost 8 which was pushing bedtime for her! Then it was time for Mommy to relax a bit! So I never got in my exercise for the day because I didn't get up in time in the morning! And I didn't get up to do Tai Chi this morning, either! I could sure tell a difference! That stuff is a godsend!!! I will swear by it!

But today was another story! Food was not the greatest! but could have been worse!

B-fast 1/2 cup coffee, oatmeal, 2 cheese sticks, milk
Lunch (I was starving by this point!) a pork cutlet (way too much fat!), mixed veggies and about 1/4 cup mashed potatoes!
Afternoon snack...1 Hershey bar! OUCH! I know!
Supper...Hubby made burgers on the grill, corn on the cob and baked beans (I passed on those!)! I had a bun and corn...the burger was great! I was so hungry by the time I ate, I can't remember what it tasted like! LOL!

Water...let's see...I had 33 oz before noon! Another 20 at work after lunch, another 20 0n the way home, 2o after my....oh yea...bike ride (5 miles...at least) and 20 with supper! Yikes...I think I'm going to float away!!! Ahhhh! Water tastes goood!

Yep, hauled the almost 5 year old who weighs 45 lbs behind me in the Burley for about 40 minutes tonight on the bike! I'm sure i did more than 5 miles, but I didn't clock it! I rode slow, but it was WORK!!! I feel great, though! Yea me!

That's about it for my day! I'm sure hoping the scale will be good to me next week when I weigh in! I've been working hard this week! I'm sure I could work harder, though!

Question of the day for YESTERDAY: I get some support from hubby. I couldn't do without my faith in God! He surely gets me through most days! But 3FC is truly my support and inspiration to continue this journey when I feel most defeated!

Question for TODAY: I sort of answered this one. I did exercise today when I didn't yesterday! I also found myself "arguing the case" through out the day today! I have some inspiration to keep me going and to keep me motivated these days. Namely, my sister who is having a contest with me to see who can get to 164 and stay there for one week the fastest! We will reward each other with specific gifts (book or video, etc.) I also have talked hubby into "paying" me $1.00 for each day I am 100% on target with food, water and exercise! So far, I have earned $2.00 this week! This way, I can buy something I really want without guilt...and it will mean so much more!

I hope all you chickies are having a wonderful week and that your holiday weekend brings you some much needed rest!

Hugs toa ll!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #410  

Hello Everyone! Of course I’m just getting on the computer, and I am running short of time! So far… I’m still on plan.. But I’ve almost used all of my points…. But that means that I can eat all Core foods for the rest of the week. Or exercise for the next couple of days (which I need to do) And it will give me a few extra points. But… it’s almost already 9 p.m… and I havent done anything! That’s why I have such short time now.. Because that’s what I need to be doing! Anyways I guess I’m going to have to start getting on the computer while my son is at school… because there is just no time afterwards! Only about 3 hours.. And DH gets mad when I’m on when he gets home… so blah… I gave them my cell phone number and my husbands work number and cell just in case of an emergency… hopefully they will use them. Anyways dh just left to go play pool… so I need to exercise and shower and go to bed. So I will talk to everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #411  

P.S. I did talk to Jennifer, of course you know that she lives in FL.. she doesnt know if she has to evacuate yet (of course this was earlier) But she says she misses all of you and she will be here as soon as she can!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #412  
i luv my dog!

Default Early Challenge Results ??

Hi everyone, I'm always around, maybe not always posting but still checking in every day.

Jaymi, thanks for the update about jennifer. This hurricane is supposed to be a doosey.
Hike - great job on the exercise - WTG
Elisha - thanks for inspirational posts. Makes one pause for thought...

Well I know the challenge doesn't end until Monday but since this is a holiday weekend I wanted to post my results before they change - LOL !! My goal for this challenge was to lose 10 pounds and I have made my goal - YEAH. I have maintained the weight for two weeks so I believe it is "real". We're going out of town for Labor Day and I know there will be off-plan activities so Monday's weekly weigh in could show dissappointing results. If so, does that mean I didn't make my goal?

I'll check back in a couple of days to see how everyone is. Hope you all have a fun, and safe, long holiday weekend. Take care.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #413  
LucyKitty

Hey all! I'll check back in as soon as I can, once I can get an official weigh-in tomorrow morning. Haven't measured and whatnot but yeah.

Hope everybody down in FL is holding up okay through the 2nd bad storm, and I miss you guys a ton! :hugs: to all Back asap!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:59 PM   #414  
"workin' on my fitness"

Hey chickies- just a quick peek in- we literally just got internet back and this is my very first time to even check in. I just wanted to let you know I'm ok- we had some minor property damage, but we're fine...and tomorrow, once I get to work, I'll get the next challenge up. You'll have to wait until tomorrow night for new avatars, but you'll all live

I missed all my chickies!!!!!!!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 08:58 PM   #415  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Glad you are home!

Yea! We missed our Jennifer, too! Glad you are safe! Minor property damage is ok as long as you are ok!

My weekend has been ok in regards to food! I exercised once and did my Tai Chi tape once, so I'm not doing so well with that! Of course, just in time for the work week to start, TOM is arriving!!! Yippee!! I am still planning to do a workout tomorrow morning, though! I'll pump myself with Ibuprofen tonight and hopefully the cramping will be gone by then! I've managed to stave off most of the PMS cravings (chocolate) this weekend, but did have a Margarita on Friday, an icecream cone (small vanilla) on Saturday and a couple of bites of an oreo cookie ice cream sandwich yesterday along with some chocolate covered vanilla creme wafers (blech!). Not perfect, like I said...but it could have been a LOT worse! I am going for perfection from here on in...I know it's the only way I can lose! Egads! I want what Jennifer has!!!

[U]Food today:[/U]
B-fast: (I was just trying to remember and realized why I couldn't remember...I had the other half of my Subway Sub this morning for b-fast minus some of the bread! Too much bread!) and coffee w/ creamer!

Lunch: Zone Bar

Snack: a handful of Fritos and some (about 1/4 cup) cheese ball w/ meat that hubby made!

Supper: Grilled chicken, bacon, hard boiled eggs, cheese salad w/ raspberry vinagrette sprinkled and a touch of Ranch dressing (low fat), 6 oz. low fat milk

Snack: SF Blue Bunny fudgesicle!

Water: Been drinking it all day! Probably about 64 oz at least! Will have another 16 oz. at least tonight!

Plan for tomorrow:

Weigh in at work! I'm hoping that TOM won't be too much of a deterrent for the scale!

Workout: in AM, toning in PM

Food: Oatmeal, blueberries & sausages in am..and yea.. back to the coffee thing! I am still trying to get some Green Tea in several times weekly, though!
Lunch will be leftover salad fixins!
Snack: Zone Bar
Supper: TBD...maybe Taco salad! Who knows! I got some good recipes this weekend from the recipe section on 3FC!

I hope all of you will come back for the new challenge! I miss hearing from all of you (yea...like I have been so faithful in checking in these last few days!
NOT!...Sorry!)

Hugs,
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:50 AM   #416  
"workin' on my fitness"

Thumbs up

Morning, chickies! The new challenge is up & running.

Halloween Challenge

I'm going to post a link to it in the journals, and also on the buddy board, to see if anyone else is interested in joining us.

I'll be posting my goals there once I get everything situated- post-hurricane has been hectic, and we just got internet access back late last night. I was going through withdrawal!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #417  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Count me in

I'll do my best, buddy. You know my motivation always runs out before the challenge ends. I'm going to give it the "old college try" (even though I didn't go to college). Thanks for being such a great leader. I appreciate all your efforts and hard work. Your graphics are great and everything looks wonderful. Thanks again. The Mad Java Turtle
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #418  
LucyKitty

Here's the stats for me for the labor day challenge, chickies.

I started out at around 185-ish, give or take (but it was hard to tell because of the TOM that came/went as it so pleased...), in a size 14/16.

Currently at around 170-172.4, and in a size 12/14. !!! I finally got somewhere!

Got myself a reward for having come so far and actually looking almost halfway decent in a lot of my old clothing -- I got a sexy little black velvet dress for $6 on ebay. SO CUTE. I shall take pictures!

Anyway, I'm totally in for the next challenge! Goal for this time is to drop another 10 lbs or so.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote