Old 07-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #31  
LucyKitty

Well, another 3 months are taken care of!! WOOWOO!! I'm happy!! Got a shot in the butt and I'm good to go... yay!!

Anyway today is a busy day... had to do a bunch of running around already, and I haven't worked out, yet. My breakfast was super-high-cal today, so dinner = super light.

B - 2 slices 8-grain wheat toast w/ crunchy peanut butter on 'em & an iced white chocolate mocha w/o whipped cream (and 1% instead of 2%) from starbucks.
L - soup
D - soup (egg drop probably for both of these...)

Workout -
20 min ellipitical, more if I can
50 normal squats w/o weights (to be nice to my poor sore butt)
300 uber situps
5 min upper body workout

Other: vacuum the whole house (very necessary here...), bake 1 chocolate sheet cake today and somehow transfer it to a nice plate etc etc... tons to do. plus 3 more batches of meringues if i can.... much to do for this weekend! ACK!

Anyway other than that, gonna just do a quick workout, quick shower, quick everything!! Hope everybody has a good day, and I'll check back later!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:14 PM   #32  

Cool

Hi everyone -
I am brand-new to 3FC (actually that's not true, I was a member years ago but just re-joined today) and I would love to join in on your challenge. To let you know a bit about myself, I am 40 years old, have 4 children, and teach Kindergarten, thus the name!) I have been consistently gaining weight over the 3 months but it has been 10 pounds since school got out. I need support and accountability and hope to find it here. My immediate goal for Labor Day would be to lose those 10 pounds but I know I need some lifestyle changes as well. I will commit to 12,000 steps or more every day, sticking to my food plan (WW) and drinking 48 oz. daily.
Pegi
139.4/139.4/121
kndrgrtntchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:29 PM   #33  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wink First the details, then I'll go back & comment.

Yes! I went to bed super-early last night (10pm) after having done 2 miles WATP, and an upper body workout. This morning, I got up before the alarm, putzed around, then did 1 mile WATP, took a liesurely shower & got ready. Feeling really good today. I think the bursts of exercise there are helping me have a “thin day” today.

What? A thin day at my weight? LOL...yeah...it seems that one of my chins is on vacation or called in sick, because my face looks thinner today. And I feel taller, having stretched out all my parts & moved muscles around. The sleeves on my light aqua mock neck tee (click here for picture) fall at just the right length that the fatty upper part is camofaluged, and all you see is the toned lower part of the bicep and forearm. Feeling thin today...feeling good.

The plan for today:

Morning exercise
1 mile WATP

Breakfast
1/3 cup smart start
1oz fat free swiss cheese
1 apple & cinnamon cottage double

Lunch
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup ditalini
sprinkle of parmesan cheese

Afternoon exercise
minimum of 1 mile WATP
try out some glutes exercises I collected from some fitness magazines

Dinner
4oz chicken breast
2 cups green beans
try my hand at quinoa- if it doesn’t come out like glue, then that. if a mess,
then more veggies.

My shadow is back, and begged me to go out with her for chinese food for lunch. I passed. Repeatedly. And a coworker brought in Jamaican beef patties this morning- they are so good, but I passed. I am in control of my food, and I am getting back in control of my exercise...one way or another, I am going to do this.

It's almost Friday, chickies
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:59 PM   #34  
"workin' on my fitness"

Wink And now for even more rambling... ;)

Pegi, welcome back to 3FC, and welcome to the group! I can't say enough about our chickies here- there are incredible! Glad to have you with us!

Lucy, is it "that" cake today? LOL- I definitely chuckled at the thought of that- can't wait for the pictures of it

Lucia, welcome back! June was a bust for me with all the stuff we did- at least you had a loss- I just barely broke even here. But it's a new month, and another opportunity for us all.

Julie, the food under control stuff. Shoot, I don't think it ever gets "easy" per se. You just get into routines. You know what serving sizes are, you get to learn what meals fit together...it's a lot of planning & plotting that go into getting to this point. And catch me when I'm out of prepped stuff, and I'll always be in the danger zone for fast food, garbage, and picking at crap. I'd love nothing more than to have someone come & handle all the food prep, deal with my food likes & dislikes, and hand me my meals & snacks. heck, I'd also like someone to be in charge of exercise & poke at me & tell me what to do & when. But unfortunately, we've got to do it ourselves, or appoint other chickies or family members to do it.

Elsiha, great question! You really got my mind working this morning. I've been heavy all my life, and over the last 10-15 years, managed to put on 10-15 pounds a year. Not good. I remember my grandmother trying to coerce me into losing weight by promising me a new wardrobe when I was in junior high. It seems like every summer, there was the pressure to lose weight before the next year, and no matter what I did, I never lost the weight, in fact, I'd just end up more frustrated & eat because I was frustrated & unhappy.

In high school & college, my mother & I tried all sorts of things. She was heavy her whole life, too. recently she had knee surgery (arthritis in her knees at age 50) and after quitting smoking, she was diagnosed as diabetic at 52. Seeing that, and then seeing a glimpse into my future, I saw that as my last chance. Final warning.

Then, they shut down my office in August of 2002. Gave us 90 days notice that we'd have no jobs, and turned out people who had been there 10-15 years into an already bad job market, where we were all competing against each other for entry level positions & pay cuts. What fun. And that's when I kind of gave in & felt sorry for myself & gained the last of my weight. I went from being a very fat, yet active person, to being fat & depressed, getting out of bed at 10-11am, going to get fast food for hubby & me for lunch, then taking classes on line, and sitting for 6-8 hours. Walk 4 steps to the bathroom, 20 paces to the kitchen to refill the diet coke, and then hubby would usually try to get me to go out to dinner- just so I would shower & put something on other than pajamas. Not a pretty time in my life.

Got a job 6 months after that, but still, the damage was done. I was out of breath walking from the parking lot to the office. I literally sat on my butt & didn't move for 6 months & lost that mobility that I had. Heels on my first day back to work made my feet swell up. A tour through the office (150 paces, if that) made me break a sweat. And I was sick & tired of being so tired, worn down, and out of shape. I knew that if I didn't do this now, I'd be dead before I was 40. And so far, I've lost a heck of a lot of inches, and at least 40 pounds that I can account for on the scale (didn't have one that worked until 3/5/04)

Sooo....that's my story. I hope others share theirs as well. We're all in this together. Thanks, Elisa, for asking, and sharing yours.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #35  
Nefertiti

Afternoon Ladies! Yesterday was a good day for everything: water, exercise and food. I didn't even have an evening sugary snack - yeah me!

I did an hour of pilates, then I participated in one of Fit TV's programs the Carribean Workout for 1/2 hour of cardio. I ate well, and got in all my water, plus a little extra. I did a clay mask for my face, and went to bed having truly taken care of and pampered me for the evening

I got lots of sleep, which is an achievement in itself. I hardly get a good night's rest, but I definitely did today. I think i'm going to bring my running shoes and a workout outfit in tomorrow. There's a lake around the corner that a guy at work says is great to run around. Its about 4 miles long - perfect length for a run 3 times a week. Sounds like a very majestic view, and a safe trail to run. Always important

I don't have much time today, but I wanted to check in.

Food for today:

b: slice of 7 grain bread, with 1 tbsp chunky pb
l: 1/2 small ham and swiss sub (from Quiznos); and a cup of broccolli cheddar soup
s: fruit with granola (this was my snack yesterday too)
d: chicken ceasar salad
s: junior mint skim milk shake

Exercise:

20 mins pilates; 30 mins resistence training
approx. 30-45 mins. cardio
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #36  
LucyKitty

Jennifer -- nope... that one has the rum & creme filling, so I've got to do that part tomorrow... I'm gonna bake the 4 layers for her bridal shower tonight. Just be easier to do the normal cake today & put it together tomorrow hehe! I'll have to do the rum cake tomorrow afternoon so it doesn't dry out too much or become totally non-alcoholic. I have to assemble them Saturday morning, though, because both cakes have whipped cream in them... yum. I SO want the pictures now!

Anyway... I cheated a little today. I ate a buttload of meringues. At least the sugar ones (which i ate... bad lucy! BAD!) only have, like, 5 calories per thing... but let's not go and count how many I ate. I was craving sugar like mad... something about that shot in the butt, I tell you!! I got that last time, too. Oh, well. At least the sugar I chose was much lower in calories than other things I could have gone for!! YAY for the sort-of almost kinda good, yet bad, thing I did.

Anyway yeah. Loooong day. I am -so- tired already. I was not in a good mood this morning when my husband ripped me from my wonderful, restful, full-night of sleep that I very badly needed. I got really pissed off when he told me to get up (he was sweet, though... kissed my cheek to wake me up & was nice & quiet for me and I woke up with animals all over me...) and stomped around, grumbling all morning. Then I had some caffeine & that helped a bit, but I'm still tired.

I think dinner tonight is going to be something with ground beef. I don't really want it... I need it, though. I don't eat enough meat. Eh. Maybe I'll have some good veggie-covered nachos for dinner again, like I did Monday. So I go over my calories today -- not by too much. Only up to about 1200 for the day, and given the fact that I had a big coffee this morning and everything, that's not too shabby. Could have been a lot worse!!

I'll go easy on it tomorrow and hopefully that'll fix everything. Anyway, yeah. Oh! I almost forgot!

I found a roll of duct tape and taped the busted pedal back on my workout bike today. Sooo this was my workout:

20 min ellipitical w/ ankle weights (i forgot i had those! HAH!)
40 squats
350 situps
5 min upper body
15 min bike (around 33 mph) w/ ankle weights

I figure the extra workout today can't hurt, either, right? I hope that duct tape holds on...

Anyway it's about time for me to go finish cleaning up the house & get ready for tonight!! Hope everybody has an awesome rest of today and I'll check you chickies later!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:30 PM   #37  

Height: 5 foot

Hello everyone! Today is of course short….. But I’m here!! I exercised today for 60 minutes with Denise Austin of course!! My 3 DVD’s I ordered came in today, but I can’t do them because my exercise ball thingy hasn’t come in yet… that was supposed to come in first!! What gives!! Anyways, I ate a Nestlé’s Crunch and some sugar babies… so that’s a bunch of crap. But I want to exercise some more when I get through with this to burn that off. I know I said I would answer questions and comment today, but I LIED!!! I had soo much to do today, I am barely getting this in!! So Welcome Hot cup of Java... (if I didn't say that already!! And Welcome kndrgrtntchr Pegi !!) Good luck on your 10 lbs!!! Well, I cooked some chicken enchiladas today… it’s a pretty healthy dinner. Here is the recipe:

Speedy Chicken Enchiladas
(from: Campbell's Kitchen)
Prep/Cook Time: 15 min

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Cream of Chicken Soup OR 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
8 flour tortillas (6") (I use 98% fat free)
1 can Campbell's® Cheddar Cheese Soup

Directions:
COOK chicken in nonstick skillet until browned and done, stirring often. Add chicken soup and 1/2 cup salsa. Heat through.

SPOON about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortilla around filling and place seam-side down in 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish.

MIX cheese soup and remaining salsa and pour over enchiladas. Cover.

MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 min. or until hot. Serves 4.

Right now, I’m drinking some regular Kool-Aid that I fix with Splenda… I LOVE that stuff!!! Anyways, that really sums up my day. I don’t know why, but it seems like when I eat more than I’m supposed to… I lose more weight! That is soo weird!! I haven’t had any energy, so I took a vitamin.. But of course it made me nauseous. So then I had to eat… and the closest place was Wendy’s. I brought my own, wheat bun, f/f mayo, and f/f cheese to eat it with!! I guess that was a smart move! A salad would have probably been better, but for the um-teenth time, You Cant Drive and Eat Salad!!! Anyways I gotta go, my daughter will be wakin up soon, and that's not good! My hubby tried to be nice, but put her to sleep.. so that means she will be up all night!! I was nice and let him go out and play pool with his buddies tonight!! YEAH ME!!! Anyways, I gotta go now, but I'll do better tomorrow.... and I"ll try not to lie!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:00 AM   #38  
Onward and downward!

I have not exercised today, it was raining quite heavily when I had the chance to go for a walk, but I have had a very good food day . I am feeling very positive and sticking to goal #3, I am not perfect, and today was just not an exercise day, but tomorrow is a new day and I'll do better then.

Jennifer - Thanks for welcoming me back to the challenge - here's to us both having a great loss for July/August!

Have a great day everyone,

Lucia
Lucia-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:29 AM   #39  
"workin' on my fitness"

Moring, chickies. Well, I was ambitious this morning...got up, and actually did 2 miles of the 3 mile WATP tape. Whew! I still have a pink glow to my cheeks. That really got me sweating.

Breakfast today:
1 strawberry yogurt Zone bar
1 pineapple cottage double

Lunch:
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup ditalini

Dinner:
TBD- most likely chicken breast & veggies like last night.

Afternoon exercise:
minimum 1 mile WATP
15 minutes of something fun Just to keep the body moving & the spirit playful.

Bonnie, looks like you are doing great! Awesome!

Lucy- hubby found splenda meringes as Target this past weekend & loves them- I might have to try your recipe & surprise him!

Jaymi- Fibber hope you have an easier day

Lucia- hope you have a clear day with no rain.

Have a great Friday, chickies The weekend is nearly here!
Old 07-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #40  
LucyKitty

Hey all!! I'm a bit sore today... I got -some- sleep but not nearly enough... I really wanted to lie on my left side, but my left side hurts like ****, on fire, with hot pokers stabbing at it, and with lemon juice and some killer african bees on the side. Sorry... could I get a -little- more creepy with that?! My butt hurts! haha! Anyway it's okay... I'll get over it.

Jennifer - they aren't as good as I'd hoped they'd be, but I think I can somehow make 'em taste better. I hate sugarfree stuff... I mean, they're okay. I have to find the already made kind, 'casue I bet they taste a lot better than mine! I had a hard time making them keep the shapes, though, so I think I messed it up somehow. *shrug* I hafta find those at Target!!

Well... today is going to be nuts. Thus I am up at 8am and wish I was still in bed... but I'm up. Workout is going to be very early today - done and showered before 10am, I hope. Then do the other 2 cakes, then do who knows what.
I bought some rolled fondant icing for her cake. I was just going to do regular frosting on the cake and then put the little flowers & stuff from the cutouts on the cake, but now I might just cover the cake in the fondant instead. I dunno. We'll hafta see about that.

Then the 2 penis rum cakes must be created... that may be a challenge. Me, in the kitchen, with a big bottle of malibu rum & NOT drink any?! Hah!!

Then more candies if I can... I am going to be running my butt of all day today, I swear it!!

Food -
B - chicken noodle soup (i still have a cold & this makes me feel better haha)
L - veggie burger w/ a slice of mozz. cheese
D - hamburgers (as requested by the hubby...) & probably fries for him.

Workout -
20 min ellipitical w/ weights
15 min bike w/ weights
50 normal squats (gotta get that fluid out of my butt and circulating or it'll keep hurting!)
5 min upper body
350 situps

I checked my weight today, and it was up to 182, but I'm not too worried. The exact same thing happened the last time I got the shot -- it's a ton of fluid injected, and although it doesn't weigh 2 lbs, I think it actually retains water in your system or something. Anyway, my stomach is flatter today and my workout pants are actually baggy on me, somehow, so I'm not worrying too much.

Other than that, things are bad in our neck of the woods. Got a call from mom-in-law last night around 8:30, who had just gotten word that grandma (his only one left, and -my- only one, and she's awesome and we love her), who had a triple bypass and then open heart surgery and almost died from an anyeursym (i know i spelled that wrong... tired here sorry!) behind her aeortic valve (sp again) last year... well, she survived all of that and has actually been living alone again, she's so strong. Last night she got admitted to the hospital for congestive heart failure or something like that... I don't know a lot about these things. Either way, we are both really upset right now. Nobody in the family told us -where- the **** she is, what hospital, or if she can get visitors or not. I hope she's not back in the ICU, because then we can't bring flowers or a little teddy bear or anything because it's not sterile. *sigh* We have to find out something today because if we don't go see her tonight, I'd feel horrible. She's been on her last legs here for a couple of years, with summer of 2002 being the scariest time when she almost bled out on the table from that open heart surgery. And this is even worse because the daughter she's closest to, my hubby's mom, now lives in arizona and isn't there to be with her when she's like this. I wish I could just get her up here so she could be with her mom through this. Ugh. Anyway, so we're going to need to find out if she's in the ICU or not and attempt to find her tonight, because we have to go visit. So that's the big deal here...

Aside from that, sorry for the long post!! I'm off to work out and get my butt into that kitchen to start cookin'! Hope you guys all have an awesome day!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #41  
i luv my dog!

Jennifer - what is a cottage double?
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #42  
"workin' on my fitness"

Click here for the whole scoop on cottage doubles

They are very handy pre-done fruit & cottage cheese- very portable, and for me, very convenient, since I just grab one of those & my pre-measured cereal baggies & can run out the door. I have to make my preparation mindless, because the less time I spend figuring out the food, the less I'm tempted to substitute a huge bagel, and butter, or something worse. And if I'm running late, I grab 3 things, throw them in a bag & I'm still perfectly on plan. They are pretty good
Old 07-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #43  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Where did this week go?????

UGH! Geesh, I thought I had posted in the last day or so, but guess I was wrong! Not much to tell other than the fact that I have been super busy with no time to concentrate in eating healthy and exercising!!! So, I am taking off the weekend and starting "fresh" on Monday with a new menu and some food plans made as well as starting back up the AM exercise! It's been a rough week, but it's over and will talk to ally ou chickies Monday!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:29 PM   #44  
Nefertiti

Thank you for the comment Jennifer; and for the cottage doubles, and cereal baggies suggestion. Its a great idea. My problem is trying to get breakfast before coming to work. that would give me all I need for breakfast, plus a snack later if I make goldfish baggies, too

Plan Update: I did very well yesterday - except for the Mickie D's for dinner. But I splurged, I was sick of watching what I was eating, and just ate what I really wanted. And thanks to all my new healthy eating habits, promptly felt so ill I couldn't finish the little cheeseburger I got, nor the fries. Go figure - at least someone is watching out for me, even it is my pudgy tummy, lol.

I did 45 mins or yoga last night. I haven't done yoga in a very long time, and it felt like such a great workout on my arms. I forgot how well the isometrics works your muscles. My abs and arms are so sore today. My legs feel great! And my next training session is tomorrow morning. I have 6 morning, starting tomorrow, so I'm going to use these up over our Labor Day Challenge, and try to get as much out of it as possible.

Although I have to figure out a way out of this plateau I'm in. I didn't lose anything over this past week - no half pounds, or point whatever pounds. Ah well, I'll see what happens next week before I take any drastic measures (like running a marathon every single morning, NOT, hehe). Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Ok, I'm outta here, I'm trying to get through this day as quickly as possible, and it seems I actually have work to do today - woohoo!!!
nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #45  
LucyKitty

Hey everybody... (Hey Dr. Nick!) Geez... I -am- a geek. I saw a white car the other day with the license plate 111-RGB and I lauhged my butt off... I want a white car with the license plate RGB-000 just because I am that big of a dork. If you actually got that.... good for you. You're one of about 3 in the world who have understood it... if you didn't, it has to do with color and monitors and stuff.

Anyway today has sucked majorly. I mean, not foodwise... although I won't lie, I skipped lunch completely. I wasn't hungry, though. That's okay, right? No, I know... tomorrow I'll do better.

Made 2 large rum cakes in the shape of a penis, filled with creme... in the fridge now. Made a 3-layer chocolate cake w/ chocolate fudge and whipped creme in between each layer, then frosted in milk chocolate frosting and covered in a chocolate fondant glaze thing and covered with rolled fondant flowers... it's cute. I'm proud of myself for that. Also made a batch of hazlenut meringues (oh man they are SO GOOD -- I tasted a lick before they went in the oven) and they turned out well... ummm what else.

Oh yeah.... started the makings (as in chopped & prepped) for a taco salad (which is FAT FREE by the way!! WOOHOO!! ) and put it all in the fridge...

I'm about to make dinner as soon as the hubby gets home. Financial troubles = even worse today... joy. Trying to borrow $150 or $200 from friends/family until the 16th... ugh. I will be so glad once we've been able to file bankruptcy and get the house taken care of and just get it all over and done with and I start my new job and actually get paid for what I do. Ugh. I am extremely stressed out, to put it lightly. Like, to the point I start to shake and just can't control it any more... I hate it. I just want it to be October so all of this is over and done with already. October, you bugger, get over here NOW!

Anyway, yeah. Gonna go visit grandma tonight at the hospital and hopefully she'll be okay... then back home to get everything ready to go for tomorrow so all I have to do is toss it in the car. Ugh.

Anyway I've been on my feet since about 8:30 this morning, and it's now almost 6pm, so I'm about done for the day. I'm gonna go take a nice hot, quick shower to wash all of this sugar off of me (ew I feel gross!! haha) and put on some clean clothes...

Hope everybody has an awesome weekend, if I don't post until Monday!