Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #76  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Cool Evening peek in

Well, I made it through another day at the office. My processor will be in training for the next 2 & a half days, so even less will be accomplished. What fun, ya know? LOL. Makes for a boring day, but I'm trapped there.

On the way home I had to swing by the grocery store to get more cottage doubles for the next 2 weeks. Planning ahead, you know They changed around the entire store. I literally walked up & down 10 aisles looking for my Zone bars in the 6 pack, and couldn't find them. What's up with that??? Not good! So, now on our next trip, we need to scour each aisle, and re-learn the layout of the store. Don't they realize how badly that screws us up?

When I got back & put away the stuff, I did 2 miles of the 4 mile Express WATP DVD. Woo Hoo! That's 14 miles so far for this challenge. Kick butt! I made Baked Tostito nachos (24 mini baked tostitos, 1 cup taco meat, 1oz shredded cheddar cheese, nuke) and I'm nursing my 2nd 32oz glass of sour apple kool-aid made with splenda. Mmmm!

I was going to consider a spin on the bike, but my calves & the backs of my thighs- guess the hamstrings(?) - hurt like a you know what.....I'm going to try to pedal, but if it cramps, I'm going to quit, and then take it a little easier the next 2 days to recover some. Just a little lighter walk- maybe just the 1 mile tape....maybe.

During CSI Miami, I'll be using the resistance bands for upper body- I look at my forearms & the definition isn't like it was...so time to bump that back up. An hour, more or less, of that will help tire me out for bed, and get a little extra exercise in.

Lucy- shoot, I'm just chicken with the self-tanner. I can almost picture Ross from Friends with the spray on tan. Add a little teeth whitener, and I'd look like a fricking goon! LOL. Maybe I'll set aside a day this weekend, do the whole shaving, exfoliating, super-moisturizing until I slide off the chair kinda stuff, and try it on my legs first. If that doesn't look too phony, then maybe I'll do arms & stuff. Just so hesitant to have an orange face. How long does it usually last?

Jaymi- oh, poor little guy- not for stealing the candy, but he has gotta have one heck of a bellyache. Make sure you've got some pedialyte for him- with the runs that bad, he might get dehydrated, and then that's just bigger problems. Sigh....kids....they never listen, do they? Even when they grow up?

Julie- kick butt with your 2.5 miles, woman! You got things moving, big time! Awesome prepping there, too. By next week, you're going to be right in the swing of things, where you left off. Go Get 'em Julie!

Abroad- One of the reasons I hated exercise so much was all the dance-type aerobics tapes. Even Richard Simmons, who was supposed to be so doable, it's dancing & jumping around. Sorry, at my heaviest, there was no way I was going to lift this carcass of the ground to do things like jumping jacks. NO way. I'd come through the floor, or knock myself out cold with my own uniboob in the sports bra. Some things that I have done... if you can't follow the exact movement, at least keep the pace & march in place, or walk a few steps forward & backward to the tempo of the music. That keeps the heart moving, even if you can't follow the complex footwork. And with some, you'd have to be a fricking cheerleader or ice dancer to follow their feet- I'm just not that coordinated. I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds tapes & DVDs. You can work your way up, and most of the moves are marching in place, kicks (not like Tae Bo karate side kics or anything) stepping from side to side, knee lifts, and some upper body movement (reaching arms up, out, some combinations) to make it more intense. It's not hard to follow, and you can make it more intense by picking your feet up higher, or exaggerating the movements. Since March, even with 6 weeks of total reckless abandon where I put weight back on, doing those tapes has helped me get rid of over 45 pounds. I'd swear by them.

As far as the program, Julie's right- I do a modified version of the Zone. I don't like enough veggies to be able to totally cut rice, pasta and bread from my diet, but I do go with the whole grains, and try to limit them. Basically, nothing is ever truly off-limits, I just have to work it into my numbers. Like with carbs, everyone's favorite topic I can have 36g of carbs at my meals, and 9g or carbs at 2 snacks. I usually don't need the snacks if I'm balancing things properly. For 36g of carbs, I can have 1 cup of rice or pasta, which isn't that filling, or I can have 4 cups of green beans, or 4 entire cucumbers, or an entire head of lettuce. I hate lettuce, but you can see how this lets you tailor to how hungry you are. My specific #s are 36g carbs, 28g protein, and a range of 7-10g fat. I try to steer to the 7g as much as possible. As long as I'm in those #s, I know my calories fall right into place.

Michelle- what about on your computer? Do you have a DVD drive? I ask because mine does, and the other morning while hubby was out cold, I was still able to get my workout in, without him waking up to a red, sweatting wife bouncing around by his head. LOL. If you can't move the furniture, what about a mirror that you can angle to still see the TV from wherever there's some room? Just a thought.

Ok chickies...off to see if these legs have any more life in them. Have a great night!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #77  

Update!!!
Jennifer - thanks for the feedback, but guess what?!?!?! I did the WATP 2 mile dvd after all. As it turns out, I still do have enough room to do the workout even with the furniture configuration. I like doing it in the living room as opposed to any other room because I can watch myself in the mirror Anyway I am totally excited right now, as you can probably tell. It has probably been a year since I've done the WATP workout. It was like having a brand new video for again! Woo hoo!!!

45 lbs since January? I'm impressed & congratulations! I'm off to read your 3FC journal cause I'm already intrigued!

Michelle
tens4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #78  

Hi all!
Boy have I fallen behind since I checked in last - and you have all motivated me to get out for a walk in a couple of minutes so this will be short. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the advice on the picture - I think I got it! There were so many things I wanted to comment on before I leave - cleavage - can I PLEASE have some I am so in need *beg*. Thanks to Elisha for the product info - I love the idea of the party at Jennifers - wouldn't that be heaven? Pampering and girl-time?! Count me in for the mile report in my signature - just give me time to figure it out - I really should be doing homework but now that seems a little more tempting to procrastinate so I am out of here for a walk. (BTW - love hearing from another K-teacher AND thanks to Jaymi for the teacher support - wish we had more of you)
Hugs to all-
Pegi
kndrgrtntchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #79  
"workin' on my fitness"

Michelle, great! Glad you found a way to make it work! Kick butt.

Pegi, I'll donate any cleavage....these sports bras sure mush it all together, making me want a lot less in the *boob* area

Ok, calling it a night to chill & watch TV & play with the resistance bands, but just wanted to report that I did 5 miles on the bike in 17 minutes....I did intervals between 75 rpm and 100 rpm, so the dust is officially off the bike.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:15 PM   #80  
LucyKitty

Jennifer - I usually do my legs, too. Actually, I've never done my arms & stuff 'cause I don't, um... I can't reach it. I say the legs are a good idea to hit first, though. I'm a big chicken, too. That lotion from coppertone is about 2 weeks, but it fades after around 10 days, and the spray I have kind of washes off right after you do it, so it's a good last-minute kind of thing. Well, when I say washes off... I mean that I didn't really let it dry 'cause I'm impatient hehe, and that I put on my clothes too soon, and I took a shower before 24 hrs had passed, so probably longer than washes right off.

I just wanted to post that my calories are totally screwed for the day. *shrug* I've been doing some serious thinking and just all sorts of stuff and I think I'd rather explain it later. My head hurts and I'm just drained, now, and I just want a couple shots of tequila to kill that off for the night. Blech. Let's leave it at that.

Water is good, though. Done with the 3rd bottle alreayd and on the 4th, somehow. If I keep drinking this, as I am totally thirsty, I am totally going to end up puking... but I'm so thirsty!! Catch 22... 93 degrees inside, which already makes me nauseated, add to that almost 2 bottles of water downed in an hour plus something that i should not have eaten, and I'm about 1/8 of the way into the 4th bottle.. blech. I don't know... I may have to just drink it and let the the wind blow me where it feels like... *shrug* Today has not been a good day. ANyway, yeah.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:16 PM   #81  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jennifer**
Ok, calling it a night to chill & watch TV & play with the resistance bands, but just wanted to report that I did 5 miles on the bike in 17 minutes....I did intervals between 75 rpm and 100 rpm, so the dust is officially off the bike.
Dang girl!!!! You don't mess around, do you????? I hope you can walk in the morning!! LOL! Don't worry if you are trying to not let me surpass you with exercise! I can hardly keep up with you!!!! 100rpm's????? Whats up with you chickie???? (((((((Jennifer)))))))))
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 AM   #82  

Height: 5 foot

Hey chicks!! I've been doing terrible!! But I refuse to gain my weight back!!! I have been craving chocolate... and havent been avoiding it!! So I am doing terrible... but I'm going to do better... I've been exercising my butt off trying to make up for it.. but it isnt working... I won't let it get me though!! I worked 30 min Denise Austin this morning. And when I came home I did the other 30 minute workout and the 45 minute workout.. That last one was HARD!! I ate so badly today, that I still want to do some more!!! But my body says he*l no!! I need to go bed-E-Bye!!! I took my vitamin last night.. And I had a migraine headache so badly that I had to keep getting up because I was nauseous and I ended up taking some aleeve! But If I take it during the day.. It makes me nauseous all day long!! I need those vitamins though.. I’m so tired!! I miss you all sooo much!!! I miss being able to comment and give my opinion!! I know you all are tired of hearing that.. But it’s true!! I guess I need to stop whining and do something about it!! NOO, that’s what I need to do.. I need to restart on my goals and add that to it! I’ll figure out a way to catch up! If I have to copy all of the posts on the computer and reply that way,, then come and copy and paste them or something!!! There’s gotta be a faster way!! Guess what! I was interviewed on the news today.. But what really sucks is that I didn’t see it because either we don’t catch that channel or it came on at 5 and I wasn’t home yet! They were asking about putting a strip club about 2 blocks down.. I said He*L NO!!!! !!!

Well anyways tomorrow… tomorrow… here are my goals for tomorrow, and I will add more whenever I need to!

I will do better with my diet..
I won’t let chocolate get the best of me,
I will put what’s important first, and what’s materialistic and worldly last.
I will be a better friend and support to my friends on here, in TX, and
my family!
I will exercise at least 2 times a day… again!!!
I will reach my goal, and I will keep it off… forever!!!!!

Anyways I gotta go to bed.. so I can wake up early!!! But for anyone who’s worried.. My son is doing much better!! I think he ’s learned his lesson… about the candy at least!!! But he’s still bad!!! I think when he started feeling better, the chocolate part started kickin in!!! Oh and as far as tracking mileage.. I don't log on enough to do that.. but I will try!! I had given up on counting my steps!!! I only clocked 3503 today... I took the pedometer off when I changed into my workout clothes.. and forgot the darned thing!! I always forget it. I have the WATP tapes too, but sometimes I get irritated. I'm going to start putting leslie on mute!! That is soo funny though, My sis thinks denise is irritating and I think Leslie.. (my sister nicknamed her Fiona off of Shrek) is irritating... especially the way she keep saying benefits!!! And the way she holds her hand cocked up on the side!!! But all in all (don't beat me up all u Leslie lovers ) It is a good workout.. The treadmill has been retired for some time now since I had to move it across the room! I might start doing it again!! Now seriously.. gotta go!!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 AM   #83  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Nothing like posting at midnight....

Good grief, here it is 12:15 am, and I just got a minute to post. I am beat!! But, I wanted to post each day (although it technically is tomorrow...). Oh well....

Today was good. I had to take the boys to a birthday party at McDonalds (my trigger place). I did o.k. - had a small hamburger and just a few fries and a bite of ice cream. Not terrible. TOM is lurking in the shadows, and I feel the hunger stuff big time.

I am not happy to report that I did not exercise at all . Not good. I kept meaning to..... Well, gotta get out of that mode. I really like the idea of posting the miles walked and pedaled - that will be a motivator to me.

I wanted to say a few words to everyone, but I am really, really tired. Just know I am pulling for all of you!! We CAN do this thing!!!

Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:05 AM   #84  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Evening chicks!

Today was ok. Had my business manager training, which totally sucked because the lady training me was a little nasty. She told me what I needed to know, and that was about it. Then I did all the actual selling while she kept herself busy doing who knows what, but she wouldn't let me actually ring anything up, so she gets the credit for it (i.e. commission)! Grrr... it made me so mad... I could have stayed for the rest of the shift, but it wouldn't have done me any good, so I left early.
Had Chinese food for lunch, which totally blew my calorie totals for the day. I came in around 1480, I think, but I didn't have any dinner. I was hanging out with my best friend at the mall--he had Chinese--but I wasn't hungry at that time (it was about 2 hours after my lunch). I'm just getting hungry now, but I don't really want to eat anything before I go to bed.
I didn't exercise today either, unless you count walking around the mall, which I don't really.
Tomorrow is my day off, so I will do better with food and exercise.

I like the Miles Walked tally, but how do I incorporate a stairclimber? It's not electronic, so I can't say how many feet I've climbed or anything like that, and I average about 140 steps per minute, and at 30 minutes a day, that seems like an outrageous number of steps. I guess I could do the 20 minutes = 1 mile thing (although when I actually walk it's 15-minute miles). I dunno. Suggestions?

~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #85  
"workin' on my fitness"

Smile Happy Tuesday, chickies!

Good Morning! Well, my legs are a little tight still, this morning, so I'm going to do all my exercising tonight. I took a little longer shower, trying to get the hot water to release the muscles. The calves look great, though. LOL. Should have worn a skirt to show them off.

While I was watching CSI Miami last night, I did about a little more than half an hour of upper body & arms with my 5 pound weights, and resistance bands. There are little muscles developing under this flab. Of course, I'd need 22 hours of cardio a day to melt all the fat off, but I'll get there. Steady, focused efforts, so that I can keep this up. Making new habits for life.

Today's plan:
Breakfast this morning
1 strawberry yogurt Zone Bar
8 bite size mini wheats
1/3 cup soy smart start

Lunch
3/4 cup ditalini
3/4 cup chili

Afternoon Exercise
TBD- at least 15 minutes of movement- I have not taken a rest day since the challenge started, so I might just ease up tonight & let everything recover.

Dinner
TBD- depends on whether hubby has to work late, or will be around.
Soup, if he's working late.

Lucy- hope you are having a better day today.

Julie- the 100rpms- I can keep that up for about 45 seconds, and then I have to drop it to 89-92rpms, and then I alternate that with the mid 80s, and then cool down in the 70s. I just like to switch it up- I go according to the tempo of the music- I have the song order laid out...4 minutes to warm up which gets me just over the first mile, then a moderate song, then one that makes you want to hit 100rpms for the chorus, drop down, rev back up, drop down, rev up....and then I loer the intensity a little. I have it laid out for 5 miles, and 10 miles. I guess anything after that, I'll just have to figure out based on what else is on that playlist on the MP3 Player. But no, I'm not trying to make sure I beat you... C'mon...catch me if you can! (that's supposed to be motivation...lol)

Jaymi- I like Leslie's tapes because they are easy to follow & don't make you try to do jumping jacks or act like you weigh 80 pounds, bouncing all over, with high impact moves. They are easy to follow, and she does give clear (if not aggravatingly cheesy) directions, so you always know what to expect. You don't spend the first 10 times doing it trying to memorize a routine, or guess when she's going to change things. But OMG- after you watch a few times, you'll know all the dialogue. In fact, that's kind of a running joke in the Challenge here. We'll mention Leslie, and then just start quoting her. Like "I gotta tell you..Linda's a grandmother. Good looking grandma. ha ha ha. Go Randy. This is the way grandmothers should look. This is the was grandmothers should FEEL." She can be very annoying, but I've found that on the longer tapes, she shuts up more often. So if I just want to do 1 mile, or 2 miles, I'll still put in the 3 or 4 mile one, because she's saving her energy and not rambling the whole time.

Lisa- McDonalds would be my downfall, too. I cannot resist those fries. So, I cannot drive past one. I can't tell you how many times I had french fries in June...lost count, but let's just say that it was that many times too many! Today will be a better day for you.

Elisha- if you want to count steps, or total time, I think that's a great idea. I do about a 15 minute mile, too, since I'm so used to the pace with the WATP tapes. Or, since that's your pace, count every 15 minutes as a mile, instead of 20 that some others may count. Really, it's up to you, because no one knows your pace or your body better than you. That sucks with the person training you at work. I'd be ticked about the commission part, too. Especially if she was flitting around doing nothing & taking credit for the sales. Grrr.

It looks like it is going to rain again today....but my dear shadow has errands to run at lunch, so I can actually get out & go to the park again. I've got a magazine, just in case, so I can soak up the fresh air, or hide in the car in the rain, if it comes to that. Just a change of scenery would be nice.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:51 AM   #86  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

O.K. chickies, I'm a little delirious here. You know how I was so tired at 12:15 this morning?? Well, I couldn't go to sleep for some reason until about 1:00 am, and then my baby got up at 3:30, sick. I was up with him for the rest of the night (poor guy). Sooo.....about 2 1/2 hours of sleep for this old girl. My baby and I watched the Wiggles about 3 times while we were up. Anybody else out there with kids that love the Wiggles? Does "Hoop De Doo" have great meaning to anyone else but me?? Well, we have watched the Wiggly Party Video so many times that I have memorized it!!

Just wanted to check in and connect for a moment. I'm making some coffee and then I'm gonna try to get productive. I WILL exercise today. I WILL drink my water. I WILL eat healthy WW points. Anybody else on here doing WW?? Just curious.... I have some new recipes that are fabulous!! I made a devils food cake with just the cake mix and a diet coke (no eggs no oil). It was the best thing EVER!!!! Things like that help me. I like my chocolate, and I don't feel deprived when I can eat a bit of cake without blowing my plan.

O.K., she's rambling now....Boy could I use some sleep....

Hope you all have a terrific day!!!

Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:22 AM   #87  
LucyKitty

Um, what the ****? The page just reset itself... Anyway, yeah.

I've finally accomplished it. I'M IN THE 170's!!! WOOOHOOO!!! After what, six months of trying, I'm FINALLY there!! 179.4, you're my new hero.

Anyway yeah. Today is a much better day. I had a bunch of huge replies written out to everybody and then my browser ate them like the hungry little pacman-ghost kind of snot it is. *beats it with a stick* Stupid thing.

I'm going to just post real quick and I'm gonna come back later to update, 'cause my hands are sore after that first post.

Food -
B - tuna casserole
L - soup
D - taco stuff w/o tortillas

Workout -
20+ min ellipitical w/ weights
15+ bike w/ weights
50 squats w/ 2lb weights
400 situps
5 min upper body
10 min stair stepper (as a change of pace)

I think that's about it for that stuff.

ANyway I am feeling a lot better today. Hardly slept and a little dizzy kind of thing going on, but I'm good all the same. I hope everybody else is ahving a rad day, and I will definitely come back in a few to post all of those things I wrote beofre!
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #88  
i luv my dog!

Thanks for the tips about following the workout DVDs. I feel better now and will just keep plugging along. Grilled chicken and veg for dinner - cooking as I type.

Does anyone use a pedometer? I have one from Weight Watchers and I was wondering how accurate they are.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:40 PM   #89  
"workin' on my fitness"

Peeking in...bored, bored, bored at work.

Lisa- that cake sounds good! Tempting...mmmm! I know Mary (Hotcupojava) is doing WW, so she may have tips or references for you.

Lucy- only 400 situps today? Wus! Just kidding...even 40 would kick my tushie.

Abroad- I have a pedometer, but found that at the office here, I tended to lose it & and nearly had it fall off in the toilet a few times. Figured it would be better to use for walking outdoors when I could be more mindful of it. Or try to figure a way to pin it to me where I couldn't mess it up.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #90  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Howdy chicks!

Today is going fine, considering that I didn't get out of bed until around noon. I haven't been sleeping well, so I think I made up for it this morning.

I was supposed to take lunch to my Mom today, but her district manager is there and she can't really take time out for a Mother-Daughter lunch.
Mom's getting really sappy since Grandpa died. She's started saying things like, "do you want to spend some family time together this weekend, because you know as you keep getting older we'll be spending less and less time together?" Which I know is true. It just strikes me as sort of odd. This is a new thing for me. Until I got my first serious boyfriend in college, my family sat down for dinner together every single night, and even after the boyfriend we still did, just with someone else there too. Now Mom, Dad, and I are all working longer hours and more evenings, and my brother pretty much lives with his g/f. I don't even remember the last time we were all together for dinner, just the four of us. I don't remember the last time just the four of us were together period. There's always someone else around now. It's not necessarily a bad thing--Sam's g/f is pretty much a part of the family (her being my best friend since high school), and my family is better off financially right now that it ever has been. It's just weird, you know?

Sorry, that was completely random. I guess I just needed to get it out of my head.

Anyway, there will be exercise today, if only because I want to shave and exfoliate and self-tan again, and I refuse to shower until after I have exercised. Oh, and on the self-tan thing... I never tan my face, specifically because I'm afraid it will turn out all streaky and orange, even though this Lancôme stuff is totally awesome and turns out better than I ever though possible from a tan-in-a-bottle. But if you're pale, a light formula will look more natural, and Lucy's right--moisturizing prior to application will help it go on more smoothly, but sometimes that makes it wear off sooner, and it takes longer to dry, and the tan isn't as deep. Try a few different formulas to see what works best. And try them on your legs--that way if it doesn't turn out well, you can always wear pants.

I'm glad to report that I finally broke away from 208--this morning registered 207! Yay! Even though I haven't actually been at 208 the whole time my signature says I have--there was the new scale, so I had to lose those 5 pounds again to make up for the difference, and then I gained 2 pounds around the 4th. But now it's all gone! Onederland here I come!

I think I'm going to take a hint from the rest of you and start posting my food for the day. I haven't been doing terribly bad calorie-wise, but I still feel like I've been eating junk, just not a lot of it. Since I'm only counting calories right now, it works out, but I still feel like I could be doing better. So ok, here goes.

Breakfast--Coffee with creamer, water, scrambled eggs with cheese, white toast
Lunch--leftover angel hair pasta with a splash of tomato vinaigrette dressing
Dinner--chicken something, probably baked or broiled, with all the veggies I find in the crisper (hard to tell what's in there) and maybe some potatoes or pasta or rice. Oooh... rice, haven't had rice in a while.

Haven't quite figured out dinner yet, obviously. I'll let you know what sort of concoction I come up with.

Exercise--I think I'll walk the hill today, then maybe log some time on the stairclimber. I'll let you know what happens there too.

Have a great day, chickies!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote