Old 02-01-2019, 06:33 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

The scale was down 2lbs this morning! I知 almost to the 210s!

Just a quick check in this morning to submit my plan for today.

B: tbd
L: turkey, cream cheese, and pickle roll ups
D: tbd

I知 planning to have simple stuff today. Tired of cooking. Haha! I made chicken broccoli Alfredo last night and it was ok. Didn稚 care for the cheese sauce from my recipe book. It was kinda salty. I made the kids some pasta but I ate mine without. Staying on plan for the most part. I have got to limit my snacking. This week has been rough only because TOM has been creeping up. She showed up yesterday and I l知 pretty sure that痴 why I had my whoosh of weight loss.

Boater, glad to hear about your OP days even when going out and that your DH has been getting some things ruled out.

GettinFit, hope you have a great day!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #107  

Good morning and Happy Feb 1 yay, so glad we got January behind us now! Things went well yesterday but I had an ice coffee in the evening which interfered with my sleep a bit, lol. Still thinking of my menu, lunch is a no brainer for me but have a few options for dinner.

Sgregg, I know what you mean about not feeling like cooking sometimes, as much as I enjoy it if I am not feeling great or up to it, it's nice to have another option or something simple. Oh, congrats on that 2 lb. loss! I hope that your feeling ok with TOM and all and wishing you a good new day.

GettinFit, ditto! Wishing you a good new day. I am going to go plan my day and I need to make some more h.b eggs. sgregg, I boil h.b eggs and peel them andput 2 in a ziplock baggie in fridge, they come in real handy. I also (but not lately) peel and slice cukes andput in ziplock baggies and grape tomatoes too! It comes in so handy to reach in the fridge for a ready snack. For dessert snacks, I get the jello sugar free puddings (I like the choc. and van. mixed ones), it takes care of a choc. fix and I also get the no sugar added fudge pops). ok ladies, I better get a move on.......onto a new day and month we go! : ) Focusing on today now.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #108  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday ladies,

sgregg: on your loss this week! We are both getting so close to onederland. I believe that we will both get there soon. Let's keep working at it. Great job on resisting the pasta last night!

Boater: Glad things went well yesterday and sorry the iced coffee interfered with your sleep. Hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight. I can't believe it's already Feb. The time is flying by. Boater I forgot how good those pudding cups are. It's been a while since I've had and but the choc/vanilla is my favorite too.

All is good with me today. I've been busy and haven't had much time to think about food. I went to my WW meeting this morning and I always get motivated when I go. I meet with a great group of ladies, some of whom I've know for years.

My Plan for today
B: Cappucino, Mixed berries
L: Taco Bake, 2 tbs sour cream, WW bar
D: TBD
S: WW Protein Bar
Exercise TBD

Last edited by GettinFit; 02-01-2019 at 01:00 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #109  

Boater & GettinFit, thanks! I am so glad to see that my dedication is paying off. My co-workers try to tempt me with carbs, but I have been strong. It's amazing how your brain changes when you are truly trying to make yourself better. They are eating all the unhealthy junk not realizing how awful they are making themselves feel. I kinda feel sorry for them, but I just tell them that I feel great without those things and I don't want to go back to feeling the way I used to do. I have been mostly sugar free for 4 weeks now and I don't want to get back to that addiction. I say "mostly" because I know there are some hidden sugars in some of the foods that I have eaten, but I am not purposely eating sugar.

This past week was super rough with wanting to munch just because of my hormones acting crazy. I did break down and buy some of that sugar-free chocolate by Russel Stovers (I think). I got the pecan clusters and ate a couple...that helped my cravings a lot! I haven't thought about sugar-free pudding though! I'm going to have to look into that the next time I am at the grocery store. I try to stay away from those kind of foods, just because of all the additives. I am really trying to eat clean, however, I feel an every-once-in-a-while treat is okay for me.

Boater, I love iced coffee, but I would be like you...it would definitely affect my sleep if I drank it later in the afternoon. I have kept HB eggs in the fridge before. I didn't eat them as often as I thought I would, so I haven't done anymore. Since I am doing low-carb, high-fat, I like to cook up a pound of bacon and keep it in the fridge for when I feel like I need a snack or some with a meal that I am eating. I do love some grape tomatoes on certain foods, so that's a good idea. I may get some of those the next time I get groceries.

GettingFit, I am SO glad that it is February! Since I am a teacher, I only get paid once a month. My last pay check was on Dec. 20! So, I got paid again on Jan. 31...talking about a LONG LONG month. Haha! Plus, February means one month closer to warmer weather! I hate the cold.

Well, I guess I need to wrap it up and get busy on my grad class work. I hope you both have a wonderful Saturday!

Plan for today:
Breakfast: Coffee with HWC
Lunch: Roasted chicken wings
Dinner: salmon patties & collard greens

My kids are not going to be happy with this plan. Haha!! I am going to have to figure out something for them.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #110  

good evening ladies at least the thread seems to working now! I came in this morning and posted but to no avail. It's nice to come in and read your news. Happy Saturday and weekend!

GettinFit, yay on a good day and omg I can't believe it's February already too and I think it will go by fast. The days are getting longer too which is nice. Before I started again those fudge pops saved me, going from eating everything to health regiment again..after awhile I felt I didn't crave them anymore. That doesn't mean that I don't have my moments of course. I just am so adamant GettinFit, thank god I signed up here last month which has been very helpful and I am glad I found you here. I am so determined to make February a good month, last month was good for me too despite being sick of most of it and the stress of Dh's eye. I am so glad I am not coughing anymore and that stupid virus is gone! Thanks so much for helping me get through that, it meant a lot! I did the WII yesterday and will go sign up at Joys. I think ahead and of our month ahead but I have to remember to focus on the day at hand! I hope that you had a great one!

Sgregg, bravo for resisting the temptations at work. I also watch my sugar and salt content , as well as fat content. I hope that your grad class work goes well and you enjoy the evening.

As for me ladies, so far so good! Tonight I had baked haddock and broccoli, something I really miss. I ate that at least 2-3 times a week last winter and will look into and see when they bring in fresh fish. I eat a lot of chicken, as you can see, which works for me but I don't want to get chickened out! lol. I typically have a beef night one night a week or so and of course a brunch night! I have been slacking off on my water at night which I need to work on! My appetite seems to be stable despite extentuating circumstances which is good.

I have a lot of goals for this month and am still thinking and will keep you updated. Keep up the great work and I will see you very soon!
Old 02-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #111  

GettinFit, I typed in Jaurary exercise challenge about you making goal! When I made goal there I would always type I MADE GOAL in red so Joy would see it! lol she has a lot of us to keep track and oh I saw your schedule! Not only did you make goal but far surpassed it! What a schedule! Congrats GettinFIT! I singed up for February so will be seeing you there as well. Keep up the absolutely fabulous work! happy weekend
Old 02-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #112  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies, Happy Sunday!

sgregg: Congrats on completing 4 weeks being OP. Sounds like you are in your zone now. I'm so happy for all of us because I know how hard the challenge to avoid certain foods can be. To be able to say NO is a huge accomplishment. I totally agree with you about the junk food making you feel bad. It seemed like the more I ate the worst I felt but I just couldn't stop the cycle. Cutting down on sugar really helped me to get back on track as well. I still do have a small amount in my coffee creamer and just a little in my WW bars and I do eat a few Dove dark chocolate pieces during the week. WOW, glad you got a pay check finally Is your weather better in MS? The temp is feeling so springlike here. It's supposed to be 74 degrees on Thursday. I hope the flowers don't start budding out and then it freezes again.

Boater: Thanks for updating my exercise post. I can't believe I did something every day of the month. This month I'm planning to take a few days off to let my body rest though. I am so glad that you are feeling better and great job on getting your WII workout in. Great job on signing up for the exercise challenge too. I am so ready for spring too. I can't wait to see all the flowers in bloom and the butterflies & humming birds fluttering around. I'm ready to put away the boots & booties and bring out the open toe sandals with the painted toes LOL. I'm sure this month will fly by since it's a short one anyway.

Yesterday was busy but good for me. I had a lot of running around to do but I got a lot accomplished. Tonight I am invited to a super bowl party and I'm planning to stay on program. I wanted to take something that was OP but that everyone else would enjoy so I made a taco dip casserole. I did a small test on Friday to make sure it tasted good :O I used FF re fried beans, shredded chicken breast w/taco seasoning, taco sauce, salsa, RF Velveeta cheese, 2% Shredded Mexican cheese, jalapenos. I got a bag of tortilla chips to have with it. It is really good. I'm also taking a bottle of dry red wine.
Another small drop on the scale to 205.8 this morning. I'm getting closer & closer to onederland!

My menu for yesterday
B: Mixed Fruit, Coffee w/Creamer
L: Okra, WW protein bar
D: Taco bake, WW bar
S: Orange, Skinny puffs (splurge)
Exercise: 20 min walk

Today's Menu (Saving most of my Points for Super Bowl party)
B: Mixed Berries (strawberries/raspberries/blueberries/blackberries), coffee w/creamer
L: Okra
S: WW Protein bar, 3 Dove Dark Chocs
D: FF Taco/Bean/Cheese bake, 6 Mission Tortilla round chips, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp guacamole, shrimp, 1/2 C seafood pasta salad, 2 glasses wine
Exercise: The FIRM Dangerous Curves Ahead

Last edited by GettinFit; 02-04-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #113  
Stay Focused & Committed

sgregg: I just noticed that you are also in the WINTER to SPRING Challenge. : on your success in January. I hope we both have success in February!
Old 02-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #114  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend and are off to a great start of the week. I survived the Super Bowl party last night and stayed OP. My low fat dish was a big hit. Today has been good and I'm planning to do a nice outdoor walk today. The weather is absolutely gorgeous here today. It's supposed to reach 66 degrees today. I LOVE it!!
I also did my measurements yesterday and after 1 month, I lost 15 inches

Here is my plan for the day
B: Mixed berries, RF Cheese stick, coffee w/creamer
L: Lean Cuisine Herb Roasted Chicken, WW bar
D: Turkey breast on WW bun, 1 tbsp lite mayo, WW bar
S: WW Protein bar, decaf coffee, orange, 1/2 bun w/tbsp PB
Exercise: Walked 1 hour

Last edited by GettinFit; 02-05-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #115  

ladies I hope that you are both having a great day. I came in and started typing yesterday and froze endless times so finally logged. It seem okay now.

GettinFit, I was wishing you a great time at the party last night! Nice to come in and get your news, I am glad that you had a nice time AND you stayed OP! you know that taco bake sounded so delicious when I read yesterday, yum! I can see how it was a big hit and down the road I will make some too! : ) I used to make something similar with beef (but with taco salsa, salsa too) and chicken for fajitas lol. I like this with the chicken! The beans don't seem to bother you either. I had my shaninigans last night with a planned Off plan dinner and heavy (p) so I now have to be real light right now but I am ready for switch up real soon! It's nice to get different ideas here. The weather is gorgeous here too, 58! It feels like heaven after that cold spell we had. I took advantage and went for a walk. I am ready for the open toe shoes with polished toenails as well, lol and the flowers, and butterflies, and hummingbirds! Very wonderful thoughts and incentive, thanks and keep up the awesome work!

sgregg, I hope that you had a great night as well and good new day and that your weather is better there today too. Hang in there through TOM and the munchies, it will pass. You been doing great in resisting a lot of temptations. I wish us all a good new day. I have to be extra good since last night so now focusing on the new day! The sodium and cheese got me a bit, I knew I would pay for it today. Lot's of water tonight, etc. HOpe your studies are going well.

That's all my news for now ladies, tonight I am having roast chicken, broccoli, and salad. Have an awesome night and look forward to catching up. Tomorrow is going to be nice too so I am planning to get outdoors for a walk. Hugs to you both, onwards and downwards we go! : )
Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #116  

Hey!

GettinFit, thanks!
Our weather is spring-like here...the frogs are singing in the nearby creeks. We are supposed to get to freezing temps again within the next 10 days.
Awesome measurements!!

Boater, dinner sounds good! I just love nice weather, and I agree with you...ready for flip-flops!

Late menu post, but here it is...
Breakfast: coffee with HWC and stevia
Lunch: bbq plate w/low carb foods...cheese, brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, pickles, peppers (super good and super filling...I still have a ton left that I can eat tomorrow!)
Dinner: lemon mushroom chicken (DH is cooking tonight...)

NSV!!...someone told me today that I if I keep it up, I'm going to shrink to nothing! This is stuff I want to hear!! Haha!

Have a great rest of your evening and good morning tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #117  

sgregg! LOL yes, take that compliment! It's amazing the things people say when we are working on program. I remember long ago a gf of mine saying the same exact thing to me! Your doing great! Keep it up!

Not much on my end tonight. DH was grouchy! LOL I don't blame the guy given all that testing and all that he has been through lately but dear lord I am tired! lol The walk today did me so good, it is by far my favorite thing! I did some WII too and idn, may do a bit more now to blow off some steam and hopefully bed early tonight!

I wish you both an awesome night! Will report back tomorrow! Let's keep it going ladies! Hugs
Old 02-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #118  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Ladies,

I hope you're both having a nice Tuesday! Thanks for all your encouraging comments.

Boater: I'm sure that is so frustrating when your PC freezes up in the middle of a post. Nice that you are getting some nice weather too and that you were able to get out for a walk Just think that in 3 weeks and 2 days it will be March. I know there will be more freezing temps but just knowing that March is around the corner makes it a little easier to deal with.

sgregg: Congrats on your shrink to nothing comment You are doing a great job so keep it up.

So far so good for me today. Work is finally settling down a bit and I'm not as stressed as I was. I think I'm going to get up and take a 30 min walk outside on the track. We have a track on the top of the parking deck. Right now it's 69 degrees so I just want to go out and enjoy it.

Today's Log
B: Mixed berries, 1 Sl Velveeta cheese, coffee w/creamer
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, WW bar
D: Taco soup, WW bar
S: orange, WW chips
Exercise: Walk
Old 02-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #119  

Hey y'all!

GettinFit, did you get your walk in?
Today's temperature was very nice. My students are really enjoying these warmer days. We got a new playground this school year, and they are always so excited to go outside and play.

I was down a pound this morning! Seeing the scale go down is HUGE motivation for me. I hate it when I see stalls...I know they will happen, but it does depress me. I have been thinking that I may need to only weigh in once a week just so I am not getting frustrated for seeing the same number for 2-3 days in a row.

Today's Plan:
B: coffee w/HWC, 2 low-carb blueberry muffins, almond milk
L: brisket, pulled pork, smoked sausage, cheese, pickle spear, and peppers
D: spinach & green leaf lettuce salad w/cajun chicken, pepperoni, bacon, cheddar cheese, black olives, and homemade parmesan peppercorn dressing
S: 1/4 cup pecan halves

Tomorrow's Plan
B: coffee w/HWC and maybe scrambled eggs with spinach
L: cajun chicken roll-ups
D: pizza (no crust for me!)
Old 02-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #120  

Good morning ladies finally getting in to post, past few days have been busy but all is going well. No chicken last night, beef night!

GettinFit, yes indeed about March! Already our first week of Feb. is almost over. It sounds like a wonderful day there and that is excellent that they have a track at your work, enjoy your walk and the weather : )

sgregg, congrats on another lb. down!

DH got out early yesterday and we went for another follow up and a few more tests but so far so good and tonight we are going tot he hospital for an x ray and that will be the last test. It's been a busy past 3 weeks, I am sure that test will be fine. I just got back from the registry, brought my dad to renew his license, they were much more organized this time.

Soooo guess what happened last night! We had some excitement here around midnight! lol I was watching shows and went to bed around 11:30, I was laying awake (DH was fast asleep) and I saw my kitty go to the edge of the bed and stare up at the corner of the wall! I knew something was going on, I looked and saw nothing on the wall! I thought maybe a mouse inside the wall or something? I had no idea. I then saw him look down on the floor. Then kabammmmmmm, we are laying in bed and what do I see? Flying right over our heads over the bed, a a freaking bat!!! I screamed, a bat, scream scream again! DH woke up and that bat was flying back and forth (low) over our bed (it's a small room). DH said cover your head, cover your self, so I put the quilt over my head and turned the light on near my bed and he ran out of the room. Dh caught him in the living room and let him outside! LOL I caught the kitty from the under the table and brought him in the bedroom with me where it was safe. We found out that he came in through a hole in the closet and then under the door (pipe leads up to attic). You can bet I will have DH seal that hole! I have to run , I hope that you both are having a wonderful day and we catch up soon.

Good morning ladies finally getting in to post, past few days have been busy but all is going well. No chicken last night, beef night!

GettinFit, yes indeed about March! Already our first week of Feb. is almost over. It sounds like a wonderful day there and that is excellent that they have a track at your work, enjoy your walk and the weather : )

sgregg, congrats on another lb. down!

DH got out early yesterday and we went for another follow up and a few more tests but so far so good and tonight we are going tot he hospital for an x ray and that will be the last test. It's been a busy past 3 weeks, I am sure that test will be fine. I just got back from the registry, brought my dad to renew his license, they were much more organized this time.

Soooo guess what happened last night! We had some excitement here around midnight! lol I was watching shows and went to bed around 11:30, I was laying awake (DH was fast asleep) and I saw my kitty go to the edge of the bed and stare up at the corner of the wall! I knew something was going on, I looked and saw nothing on the wall! I thought maybe a mouse inside the wall or something? I had no idea. I then saw him look down on the floor. Then kabammmmmmm, we are laying in bed and what do I see? Flying right over our heads over the bed, a a freaking bat!!! I screamed, a bat, scream scream again! DH woke up and that bat was flying back and forth (low) over our bed (it's a small room). DH said cover your head, cover your self, so I put the quilt over my head and turned the light on near my bed and he ran out of the room. Dh caught him in the living room and let him outside! LOL I caught the kitty from the under the table and brought him in the bedroom with me where it was safe. We found out that he came in through a hole in the closet and then under the door (pipe leads up to attic). You can bet I will have DH seal that hole! I have to run , I hope that you both are having a wonderful day and we catch up soon.