Old 01-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #16  

Hi There! Getting Fit ty so much for that welcome! It's so nice to be back! Your menu looks excellent! WTG on your menu's and I saw you in the exercise thread too! yay! Wtg on the workouts as well, it is a nice way to start the New year!

Emma, welcome!

As for me, yesterday I had what I would call a good first day (although not perfect OP as I had 2 slices of wheat bread which are not on my plan right now). That was the last of the bread in the house! I did boil my eggs (made a dozen) and had chicken and a salad for dinner (lettuce, tomato, some feta, a few olives and my red wine vinegar and oregano). My stomach felt better this morning although I felt a bit yucky but really pushed myself to get to the market. I never made it there yesterday but I am so happy I went and got all my ingredients for my next few nights of planned meals! I do have a few lean cuisines on hand as well for back up emergency plans.

My lunch will be the usual, h.b eggs alone or in salad or lean protein, healthy snacks in between if I wish (cucumber, grape tomatoes, egg, or lean thin n'trim chicken or turkey).

Tonights menu: roast chicken (breast with no skin) and either broccoli or squash with a salad!

GettinFit, that is awesome that you had December off! I hope that you had a great day and that you all did!

I managed a walk today, thank goodness!

Here is to a great evening for us all and another successful day, I must remember to drink my water tonight, it really helps! I will check back in tomorrow, sleep well and off to a new start we go tomorrow!
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #17  

Hi, me again! I just talked to DH on the phone........so the plan is the roast chicken breast with butternut squash and salad. I am soooo going to go make the salad now and go sofa surfing! lol

have a good night and talk soon!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #18  
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

FullSteamAhead: you are off to a great start! Great job on the planning as it is so important. Nice job on getting in a walk today. You are off to a great start so just keep it up. WE CAN DO THIS!

Emma: I hope you're having a good OP day

Today was another OP day for me. I now have 3 under my belt. I started back work today but I telecommuted and will telecommute tomorrow. I just love not having to get up and drive 1 hour each way to work. I was able to do a workout DVD this afternoon as well.

I hope you all have a great evening.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:04 AM   #19  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Plans are in place for another OP day. I am determined to be successful this year. I need to keep reminding myself of these reasons why I need to stay OP each day
  1. Get healthier and be taken off B/P meds
  2. No longer be considered obese
  3. Have a normal BMI
  4. Reduce my waist to a healthy measurement
  5. Get rid of the jiggly midriff mushroom
  6. Get rid of by back fat
  7. Have more energy and physical endurance
Today's Plan
B: Reduced fat cheese stick, apple, skim milk, coffee w/creamer
L: Chicken breast, peppers & onions 1 Tbsp sour cream, black beans
D: side salad w/1 c homemade reduced fat chili.
S: 5 oz red wine w/diet ginger ale
Exercise DVD: Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-04-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #20  

TGIF! GettinFit, thanks for the words of encouragement! Ditto! You are doing great, congrats on a new day. The goals and menu look real good.

Today is day 3 for me, I started Wed (I did eat healthy first 3 weeks of Dec. but totally went off after). Last night I felt kind of lousy but the meal plan went very well. I snacked on a h.b egg later at night. Felt a bit better this morning but feeling to lay down now so figured I better post! lol

For lunch I had a nice salad with greens, some carrot shavings, and 2 h.b eggs with balsamic vinigraitte.
Dinner plan is chicken with peppers (red, orange, and yellow) and white onion. Should I not even be up to making that it may be a lean cuisine back up plan or chicken again with a veggie.

I sipped on some water last night but need to have my cup by me again tonight and work on that.

Keep up the great work.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #21  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Boater,

Sorry you're not feeling good but I hope you feel better and the day goes on. Great job on making day 3 OP. We're both on our way and there's no stopping us now

I had the same thing for lunch that you're having for dinner. I added some black beans & reduced fat sour cream to mine. It was SOOO good. I also keep Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice dinners on hand for those times when I don't have anything prepared or don't feel like cooking. Take care of yourself.

Here's to us completing another OP day!
Old 01-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Just popping in to say you're doing great GettinFit, and your food looks great too. One day after another wins the prize and you're doing it.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #23  
Stay Focused & Committed

Awwhh, thanks Follena. You are too kind. Yep, I'm taking it one day at a time. I hope you have a great weekend.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #24  

Hi everyone! GettinFit and follena and to everyone else!

GettinFit, yessssss ty so much! No stopping us now!

I do feel better. Last night I was not so good and did neither dinner I said, DH made the eggs with cheese (w.w cheese) and I had 3 slices center cut bacon. That is ok and on plan for one meal a week or more. What happened is I felt hungry yesterday! I had that lunch I told you about and than around 3:30 I had a small serving of chicken noodle soup! Granted, not many carbs but still , I didn't want to do lean cuisine at night. Anyways, I survived the night and to some reason unknown to me, I have no appetite today ( msut be the cold). I do feel much better though! tyty! I snacked on a few cashews and tonight having stuff. chicken breasts with tomato salad . No going out tonight. I am just going to hang, do my program and be even better tomorrow!

My exercise has not been going so well, GettinFit, keep at it! I know that when I do it I feel sooooooo much better and it helps me all the way around! To stay on program, to tighten and shrink my body (big time), and my clothes fit so much better as well as my overall outlook! You keep going! I will catch up to you as soon as I am better! lol so go go go! hahaha
Old 01-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening everyone,

Boater: Glad you're feeling a little better today. You definitely should hold off on exercising until you're well. Like you, I also see wonderful benefits when I exercise. This year I am adding more toning an weight workouts to my routine. I have a ton of workout DVDs and I just ordered three more to add to the collection.

Today was another OP day for me (day 5). The weather here was wonderful. It finally stopped raining after about a week so I was able to get in a 1 hr & 15 min walk.

B: Orange, RF Cheese stick, coffee
L: C homemade RF Chili, WW bar
D: Salad w/turkey breast, balsamic vinaigrette dressing, mango
S: Orange, coffee w/creamer
Exercise: Walked 1hr 15mins
Old 01-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #26  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning Boater

I hope you're feeling better today!

So far I've stayed OP since Tuesday and I feel so much better. It's amazing how much better you feel physically and mentally when you're eating right and exercising.

Today's Log
B: 3 pcs center cut bacon, orange, coffee w/skim milk & creamer
L: Lemon garlic chicken breast, yellow squash, WW bar
D: Homemade chili
S: apple
Exercise: Turbo Jam Fat Blaster
Old 01-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #27  
Stay Focused & Committed

A new week and all is good. Today was my first day back in the office since December 19 and one of my bosses left me a box of 46 Belgium chocolates and he knows I'm dieting. I was so annoyed. The good thing is that I'm not at all tempted by them. I am going to mail them to my dad in Fl.

Today's log

B: oatmeal, 1/2 cup skim milk, coffee
L: cup chili, small avocado, WW bar
D: salad w/ chicken breast, coffee or tea
S: apple, baby carrots & cucumber w/ ff yogurt dip
Exercise: DVD
Old 01-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #28  

Hi Getting Fit I am a little better right now and figure I would come in and check in and it was so nice to see your message with that wave! I have been under the weather but hanging in there. Past 2 nights I hardly slept due to coughing so I was tired too and today I was in bed for a bit and couch tonight. I got plenty of rest so Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Yesterday I barely ate during the day due to no appetite and then for dinner I was not on OP! I wanted comfort food and made the conscience decision but today I got right back to the grind and ate very light. (h.b egg, lean cuisine, water at night). Tomorrow is the last day of my week and I plan to eat light as well. I am thinking maybe tuna salad for dinner but will see how I feel.

GettinFit you are doing super! WTG on your first week, your exercise, and all that you are doing! Congratulations on an awesome week
Old 01-07-2019, 10:01 PM   #29  

BTW, the restore auto save saved me! lol Nice feature they added! Thought I lost my thread.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #30  

Actually , I see part of my thread was lost. Regarding the chocolates, yes I know what you mean about it annoying. I think it's a great idea that your shipping them to your dad! Good for you! I better go wind down, at least I had a nice window of feeling ok to write! lol Have an awesome night and a successful day tomorrow! I will check in soon.