Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #121  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
I hear you on the ice, was slippin around yesterday, a light dusting on top of the old stuff, hard to see where to step. Adds another challenge i guess, only dropped to one knee once so far this year, last year i fell probably 3 or 4 times but never hurt myself, landing on snow helps.
Do you have yaktrax? I find it a little hard on my achilles to run too much in them unless we have really deep snow (which we never do here). They KILL on pavement but they are great in packed snow/ice or for walking on ice.

It is GORGEOUS here 27 and clear and sunny. NOT normal.

5.5 miles done in the bad-*** hills. Excited, I found an new path that connects where I used to just turn around to the peak so now I have a continuous loop AND an even badder hill.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #122  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Do you have yaktrax? I find it a little hard on my achilles to run too much in them unless we have really deep snow (which we never do here). They KILL on pavement but they are great in packed snow/ice or for walking on ice.

It is GORGEOUS here 27 and clear and sunny. NOT normal.

5.5 miles done in the bad-*** hills. Excited, I found an new path that connects where I used to just turn around to the peak so now I have a continuous loop AND an even badder hill.
I had to google that, didn't know the exact name but i have seen similar products, no i don't have any, thought about buying something similar a couple of times though.

It's -12C right now here, or around 10F. Been a deadbeat so far today but will head out shortly. Hope you are having a nice day.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #123  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I think they would be totally worth it where you are. Or if you are cheap google "screw shoes" and you can take an old pair of shoes and drive screws into them for purchase on ice. Or ice-spikes - runtowin.com has info on how to make screw shoes.

Last edited by ennay; 12-03-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #124  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Early weigh in:

Lost 0.9
Pledge 1
Old 12-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #125  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I think they would be totally worth it where you are. Or if you are cheap google "screw shoes" and you can take an old pair of shoes and drive screws into them for purchase on ice. Or ice-spikes - runtowin.com has info on how to make screw shoes.
No i'm not really cheap. LOL... Ugh, can't imagine mutilating my walking shoes, it's taken me a long time to find the perfect pair for me, i hope i can find an exact replacement when i need to. Sucks if there gets to be to much snow , have to wear something more wintery/grippy.

I've gotten pretty good at falling down, it's when your legs go different directions that really gets me, you pull or stretch stuff that shouldn't be pulled or stretched , if you know what i mean. Thanks for the info.

josey : You are getting so close, excited yet ? Might make it this year, what a christmas pressie for yourself that would make.

Last edited by Resolute; 12-03-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #126  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Oh,no, you make screw shoes with the old discarded ones. Not with good ones. I prefer trax
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #127  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Early weigh-in, because my daughter has a meet tomorrow so I'd likely forget in the rush of doing little girl hair and getting her ready to go.

Pledged 1/Lost 0.8 /New pledge 1 (form submitted)

Trekked 8.4 with a planned run in n hour or so yet to go this week.

I tried out crossfit, which is just starting at my kids tae kwon do school and is free for the month of December, last night. It might have been less brutal if I hadn't already done a heavy weight workout in the morning, . I slept really late this morning and am not moving very quickly toward my planned run, but I'll get out there once I have eaten something and let it settle.

Last edited by Sindaena; 12-03-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I need to restart the Burpee challenge too. I was doing really well, then I just stopped.

Today was a challenging day. I had a family reunion today that made me miss the zumba class this morning. This afternoon I dragged my kids out in the yard and we raked and gathered leaves for almost an hour. Since then I've been exercising on and off all afternoon. There are still a few things on my list I want to do exercise wise, but I have time to get them done.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #129  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Miles trekked 14.67

I had a great run this afternoon followed by immediate busy-ness for the rest of the day, lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #130  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lost: 0.4 lbs
Trekked: 24.0 miles
Weekly deficit: 7491 calories

Reporting tonight in case I'm unable to get here tomorrow. My weight has jumped around a lot this week, and the lowest weight I saw (on Thurs) was a pound lighter than I was this morning, but I'm reporting this morning's actual weight with the hope that I'll still have room for a drop next week and won't go out of Black Ops with a gain. Thus far the water retention isn't as bad as I thought it might be; I am definitely feeling it, but when I look at my calorie deficit from the time I started the medications I'm only up about 3 lbs from where I should be if all that info is perfectly accurate. 3 lbs I can live with.

Tomorrow morning is my egg retrieval, which takes place under general anesthesia. Hoping that all goes well. Per doctor's instructions I've been off exercise for 2 days and won't be allowed to get back to it until Tuesday, but then I should be able to get in 3 days of exercise before I'll be back off it for a bit again.

Hope everyone had a great week, and good luck with weigh-ins tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #131  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Yay, fleetly just sent me this and another reward for highest amount of different exercises in one month:

Reso - I am excited but it is also a struggle! Every gram seems to try and cling. I have one more weigh in before we go on vacation and I don't think I am going to make it. But when I set the goal in January I thought those are lofty dreams anyways. I would never get there. And now look where I am! Soooo exciting.
2012 is going to be my fitness year. I am still trying to lose about 10 lbs more (down to 155lbs) but it won't be a priority. I plan on sticking around here though!
I want to tone my body and get really fit. Well, and hopefully get somewhere with that capoeira class. I really, really want to do that since Tekken came out. Now I get the chance (and the body to go with it) and I will take that chance! Oh, so excited!!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 317/ticker/142?

Height: 5'7"

Pledged 1/Gained 0.6/Pledge 1
Not sure what that's all about since I averaged a 1000 calorie deficit all this week.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #133  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Pledged 1/lost 2.8/New Pledge 2
Calorie deficit total 7964

snarky - what are you using to calculate your deficit? have you been using it since the very beginning? Weight loss is not linear but over the course of weeks, it should average out to somewhat close (although I always have to leave the FIRST week off because of water shedding). Also some things just have to be tweaked. I use fit day and I know that it overestimates my resting metabolic rate even when set to completely sedentary but way underestimates calories burned from running. Over estimates the xtrainer, underestimates the rower...etc. Overall as long as my burn includes an hour of working out I will be slightly burning more than fitday says.

Last edited by ennay; 12-04-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I'm here to pledge for next week. I'm going to start going with my lowest weight of the week which is never present on Sunday.

Current weight 179.9
pledge 1 lb

Yesterday's food was just even worse than I expected. The one meal came to nearly 1000 calories. It was completely ridiculous. I made myself exercise on and off all day, but I still don't think I worked as hard as I would have if I had been able to go to that mornings class. There are no classes today, and the weather is looking bad here; so I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I will exercise today.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #135  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Is there a form or something I'm suppose to fill out or just pledge to lose a certain amount of weight or something?
Closed Thread