Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #91  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate 1984 View Post
Walking indoors. We have a two story building I work in. It is barely 40 degree's today with a nice brisk frickin wind. So I am doing laps in my building to get a good walk after lunch.
Wow platoon!!!

Why are you attacking a platoon member who is commenting on the cold but got her walking done? She didn't say she skipped her walk she said she got it done anyway.

Where's the support?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #92  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Wasn't intending to attack, Sarg. Relax.

I was just playing around, Tate. Seriously, good for you for walking anyways. But don't be afraid of the cooler weather. Dress warmer and get some fresh air. It will always make you feel better than staying cooped up inside.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #93  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Reso, Ennay & Peanut,

Really, your giving me crap about exercising indoors. So I geuss the exercise equipment in my house is a waste of time as well cause I AIN'T GOING TO THE GYM!

How about I do it my way and you do it your way. As long as it's getting done, that's all that matters.

New Sarge, Thanks for sticking up for me.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #94  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate 1984 View Post
Reso, Ennay & Peanut,

Really, your giving me crap about exercising indoors. So I geuss the exercise equipment in my house is a waste of time as well cause I AIN'T GOING TO THE GYM!

How about I do it my way and you do it your way. As long as it's getting done, that's all that matters.

New Sarge, Thanks for sticking up for me.
I meant know disrespect, i just doubt that you got as good a workout or felt as invigorated but it's not for me to say.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #95  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

It wasnt intended as an attack. What Peanutt said.

If you can stick to it all winter long staying indoors, more power to you.

For the record every time ANYONE ever says it's too "whatever" to go outside I respond the same way. There is no weather except close lighting and tornados that is too much. Maybe hail. Texas hail. Oregon hail is what the rest of the world calls sleet.

Last edited by ennay; 12-01-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #96  
just do it!

Tate, crap was not given. Sorry I didn't jump up and down and pat you on the back for going for a walk. That doesn't mean that by commenting about going outside in the cold weather I am not supporting your choice to go for that walk. But I maintain what I said above. Don't let cold weather deter you from going outside for some physical activity. Dreading the weather and hiding from the winter only leads to a bad state by the end of a long winter.

Let's all relax, lighten up and go for a walk.

Last edited by peanutt; 12-01-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #97  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I'm glad I had a really awesome workout this morning because the medical procedure was a . But the pain is receding fast after drugs and a nap and I should be good to go for my workout in the morning.

My burn is a little low today, but my food will be good. Had lunch at this marvelous Vietnamese restaurant that really really makes everything the best way possible. She buys real chickens from real local farms for the meat and the soup stock is actual stock made from said chickens. No cans in the place. Its not like most places with everything swimming in oil. Light and fresh. So good. I really have no idea how many calories there are but even with my "restaurant penalty" pretty darn good.

*restaurant penalty - I look at the meal and calculate the calories as if I was making it at home using standard cooking methods (not special lowfat cooking methods) and estimating how much oil etcc there really SEEMS to be and then add 2 TBS of oil because restaurants have magic calorie cramming methods it seems.

Last edited by ennay; 12-01-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #98  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

tate....YOU just keep doing your thing honey!!! look at TBL show, most of them ALL WORK INDOORS!! and look at their success!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

i miss sarge!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks sarg for filling in...and i'm thankful....but SARGE WOULD BE KICKING ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-02-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Jeanettey challenge done for Day #2!!

Found a friend with a treadmill languishing in their basement. Going over tomorrow to give it some TLC and see how it'll work for running.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #100  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jeanettey: Mid-week challenge done again tonight.

ennay: Congratulations on the 150s!!

Thinsole: Jealous! I've been thinking about getting a bike or a treadmill, and would totally adopt one and give it a loving home if I could.

K2: I am glad you are feeling so energized! Keep it up!!

Reso:

Tate: Don't sweat it. I've done 90% of my exercise throughout my weight loss indoors, and it hasn't hurt me any. You made a good choice to find a way to get in some exercise when you didn't want to go outside. One of the mottos I strive to live by is "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good". If I had to do things that made me miserable to be successful in losing weight and improving my health, I'd burn out, fall of the wagon, or give up altogether. Losing weight and improving my health and fitness in a way that is both effective and sustainable FOR ME is what has kept me going all this time. Edit: Oh, and for what it's worth... I've been having to do lighter than normal workouts this week because my ovaries are the size of lemons by now and my abdomen/pelvis is pretty uncomfortable (not to mention the week-long headache and the nausea). Yesterday my exercise was to march in front of the television for 40 minutes, because that was about all I felt like I could handle and I wanted to do something/anything to get some movement in. Tonight I was feeling more energetic, and so went to the gym and did a (slower than usual) 50 minutes on the eliptical. And wouldn't you know it, I just uploaded my BodyBugg data for the day and I burned 100 more calories yesterday than I did today due to the slightly higher rate of calorie burn during yesterday's exercise as compared to today's.

Last edited by chickadee32; 12-02-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

hey everyone I am checking in!

I think everyone is still a little burned out from all the thanksgiving last week. I imagine the board will be busy again soon.

I had a rough day today. I still haven't decided between the two jobs! The big company is pushing me around a little bit, and I have to wait until next week until I see all the paperwork. Luckily the startup is waiting for me to decide but still it's been a little stressful. I guess the stress got to me today, but I didn't act out on it. I went to workout this morning and then I got my hair done.

Anyway with all that, my fitness has been pretty great! It is getting a little colder outside but I am excited because I got some nice running pants!

Also to add to the running shoe discussion, when you get into running, you realize that you want a million pairs of athletic shoes for all conditions! I need some trail running shoes soon. I have two pairs of running shoes, hardcore asics I was fitted into at the speciality store (with some fancy inserts) and I have some saucony light weight shoes (kinvara 2!) in the awesome blue color. I want them in hot pink. I may ask for them for Christmas.

This week, I was a little burned out from the 2 10K's but I have gone to body conditioning, zumba, and got in 4 miles of running this week. Tomorrow i'm going to go to spinning class!

Go go everyone!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #102  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge

Drop and Gimme

Completed by Josey, Rainbow, Peanutt and Ennay.

Completed twice by Thinsole and Chickadee.

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Challenge is posted on page 5 post #66.

You still have thru Sat to complete it.

Last edited by Jeanettey; 12-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #103  
just do it!

Jeanettey challenge completed last night. Broke it up and added to it to make a nice whole body circuit workout, including hill sprints on the treadmill.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #104  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Jeanetty challenge done

Was doing a pyramid workout and made it up to 8 reps of everything and on the way back down my injured shoulder tweaked on the pullups Back to the basic PT on the shoulders for awhile. But in the process i got in 43 pushups, assisted pullups and squat jumps.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #105  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i miss sarge!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks sarg for filling in...and i'm thankful....but SARGE WOULD BE KICKING ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree!! I miss sarge too! So I had to ask myself, WWSD, (WHAT WOULD SARGE DO)?

Here's what I came up with,

Sarg does not want to start off his/her very first thread with NEGATIVE COOTIES....

SO EVERYONE GIVE SARG 10 EXTRA MINUTES

TODAY AND LET'S,

"SHAKE OFF THE COOTIES!"

ALL TOGETHER NOW,..... SHAKE!
Closed Thread